[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nba/ general - THROWBACK edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 523
Thread images: 83

CLE: Report: BOS-CLE talking Irving-Thomas swap
NBA: Report: Josh Smith eyeing return to Rockets
OKC: Pacers file tampering charges against Lakers
LAC: Clippers and Marshall Plumlee agree to deal
MIL: Antetokounmpo (knee) to miss Eurobasket
DAL: Jeff Withey gets one-year deal with Mavs
NY: Report: Cavs targeting Kristaps Porzingis
SAC: Zach Randolph could be banned from NBA?
DET: Van Gundy determined to give Boban more time
NY: Woj: Knicks, Rockets re-engage on Melo talks
OKC: Patrick Patterson undergoes knee surgery
SA: Tony Parker says he'll be back in 4-5 months
>>
File: 1467428962852.gif (274KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1467428962852.gif
274KB, 400x400px
hawks, motherfuckers
>>
>>77753591
>Antetokounmpo (((knee)))
lmao sure, he doesnt want to waste time on that mickey mouse cup
>>
Just failed my driving test. Who the fuck needs 3 whole fucking seconds at a stop sign? Fucking bitch it takes 1 second to look left and right that's it what the fuck bitch
>>
File: tumblr_o5lj9zN6TP1qcmnsoo1_500.jpg (30KB, 421x594px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5lj9zN6TP1qcmnsoo1_500.jpg
30KB, 421x594px
If Boston gets Kyrie I'll seriously consider them to be the best team in the East..........after LeBron leaves next year for San Antonio.
>>
Pretty sure Scottie Pippen is the best perimeter defender of all time? That sounds right?

Also, thinking about this made me remember Alvin Robertson, who has to have one of the weirdest careers and post-careers for any NBA player. Just... a weird dude with a weird NBA game.
>>
>>77753702
...How? Isaiah Thomas was better than Irving this season.
>>
Does Kyrie actually make the Celtics better?

I guess there's less defensive issues, injury concerns, and contract concerns but it doesn't seem like it would. You're just exchanging one all-world scoring point guard with defensive issues for another.
>>
>>77753718
>way younger
>not even in his damn prime and already the third best PG in the East and top 7 overall
>IT is 30 and just had the season of his life, without a doubt downhill from here
>Kyrie is taller and a god tier finisher as well
>>
I'd be pissed if I were Isiah Thomas. This clearly means Boston doesn't have much faith in him
>>
>>77753718
because hes not a manlet that will get absolutely exposed every single post season
>>
>>77753729
Short answer: no, not really. But I think Kyrie would be a better player.
>>
>>77753746
Isaiah Thomas is also an elite finisher

>>77753753
Kyrie has the same flaws as Thomas although admittedly when Kyrie tries he is better on D
>>
>>77753751
Guy's asking for the max at 30 and you're wondering why they don't want him anymore?

This is a great move by Ainge, and we all know Ainge is the most unloyal GM in the league and will trade your ass without question, even if you're Paul Pierce.
>>
>>77753486
>Why the Fuck are there 2 Memphis teams
Yeah, I totally understand 12–13, but why 05–06?

>Why not the 13 Knicks ?
11–12 was Linsanity. Don't worry, I had to look it up, too.

>Isn't it too early to have 16 Warriors as a Classic team ?
:^)
>>
>>77753767
Oh I wasn't wondering why they don't want him, I wouldn't give IT the mad either, I'm just saying for him to have a career season last year and be in trade talks right now I'd be pissed if I was him.
>>
Niggas thinkin short term about this IT-Kyrie swap. Celtics know they don't wanna pay a 31 year old manlet a max deal next year. They would much rather use a max on a 25 year old.
>>
>>77753826
I get why they would want to trade IT but it just feels weird to replace him with Kyrie, especially if you're giving up assets to make the switch.

Especially since they could have just drafted Fultz, let Isaiah play out the year, replaced him with Fultz, and had more cap space to play with.
>>
>CAVS IN TRADE TALKS WITH CELTICS, IT FOR KYRIE! AHAHHAH

>>
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn 57s58 seconds ago
More
Sources: Boston, Cleveland nearing deal on Kyrie Irving, but details still working to completion. Isaiah Thomas, Crowder, pick(s) in talks.

Holy motherfuck
>>
File: IMG_0281.jpg (114KB, 720x699px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0281.jpg
114KB, 720x699px
>>77753862
Noooooo
>>
Am I the only person who thinks that IT4 will shit the bed and the Celtics will fleece the Cavs in this trade?
>>
Random fact :
In the 1987 season, Rodney McCray led the Houston Rockets in minutes per game.
>>
>>77753862
Holy shit they're giving up Crowder?! What the fuck! They're giving up Crowder PLUS Isaiah PLUS at least one pick?!

that is a really good return for Cleveland to get for Kyrie and I really hate it for Boston. Giving up Crowder is huge to me.
>>
>Thomas
>next to Lebron

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
According to TPA, Kyrie was a better defender than IT by 60 points saved on defense.

https://nbamath.com/tpa-database/nba-2016-17-tpa-scores/

But he didn't score as many points, of course playing with LeBron and having his usage lowered, this makes since.

But Kyrie has proven in the past he's just as good a scorer when his usage is higher. Put him on last year's Celtics team and the same thing would happen, especially playing with Bradley and Smart, having him hidden on defense.

Now add him to next year's Boston team with Hayward and it's hard to tell what his usage will be, but Kyrie is already more experienced with playing off ball and sharing on a team with multiple stars. Plus Hayward isn't LeBron and has a much lower usage and doesn't have the ball in his hands nearly as much.

Then when you just think of Kyrie's age to IT's it's a no brainer this is an amazing idea of a trade.

Anyone saying memes like >hurr IT is better >hurr defense >hurr it changes nothing are mentally retarded.

Also IT was literally the worst defender in the league last year and allowed them most amount of points scored on by a single player last year.
>>
This makes the Cavs so much better against the Warriors if true

WOW
>>
File: AdobeStock_71220086.jpg (16KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
AdobeStock_71220086.jpg
16KB, 800x533px
Describe your worst injury

Mine was that May when I went up for a lay up and go down like this in my left ankle ..........
It's been 3 months and It still hurts me
>>
>>77753871
Nope, because we all saw it happen a few months ago. At this point, there must be something in the water in Cleveland.
>>
Trading Kyrie for Thomas would be nice for both sides IF the Cavs get significant other assets out of the trade. Celtics can't really build a legit contender around Thomas. Cavs can happily be mediocre led by Thomas for a while as they rebuild
>>
>>77753934
Where did it go so fucking wrong for the Cavs

They were this close to getting Paul George. Fuck man.
>>
>>77753914
Irving might not want to play off the ball in Boston, since part of his whole reason for requesting a trade is that he wants to be The Man

Also, Boston already lost Bradley and if they lose Crowder as well that's basically their 2 best perimeter defenders gone
>>
DO IT AINGE

PULL THE TRIGGER YOU FUCK BEFORE YOU GIVE A MANLET A MAX CONTRACT
>>
I really hope I never have a serious injury playing basketball. It scares me
>>
>>77753978
It's gonna happen
>>
>>77753972
>Irving might not want to play off the ball in Boston, since part of his whole reason for requesting a trade is that he wants to be The Man

This is total BS that's been proven false already as you're selectively ignoring the fact he wants to play on the Spurs as his #1 priority and contend.
>>
>>77753951
Cavs went all-in on winning when LeBron returned which fucked their future. They got a chip so it worked out.

Now it's just a matter of managing the decline.
>>
>>77753871
>>77753932
Actually, I just saw >>77753897. Guess that FC smartened up.
>>
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn 54s55 seconds ago
More
Boston center Ante Zizic also expected to be part of a potential Cleveland deal for Kyrie Irving, league sources tell ESPN.
>>
File: 1485924014722.jpg (167KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485924014722.jpg
167KB, 800x1200px
>Bawston chowdaheads talking shit about their manlet now that they can get Kyrie

lmao didn't you stupid fucks defend him every time someone said anything about how shit he is? hahahaha
>>
>>77753995
But Irving would be The Man on the Spurs. That's an anomalous situation due to the fact that Kawhi is basically one of the only superstars in history who has no interest whatsoever in being The Man.
>>
August 22, 2017
Journal Entry 34,847

What have we done wrong? Is it the team? The city? Kyrie will have something he's never had before. It's not too late. There is still time
>>
>tfw i've been posting about derrick rose to the cavs and IT for Kyrie
/nba/ never believed me lmao y'all some dumbfucks call me hinks 2.0
>>
>>77754006
*FO
>>
Cavs Celtics is the season opener

Thank you based Silver
>>
>>77754017
Kawhi is literally the man and you're an idiot. I'm done talking to you. You played yourself.
>>
FUCK this trade makes Cleveland so much better. Fuck fuck fuck.
>>
There's no way that they're going to go for a 1 to 1 trade, will they?
>>
I'm still not sold by the Celtics moves. Given the Nets trade, they were in the position to become great and they're nowhere near
>>
>>77754043
I'd say it makes them like 5% better
>>
Is Zizik actually any good (i.e. NBA-calibre)?
>>
File: DSC_0365.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0365.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>77753931
>babbys first injury
Try torn ACL/meniscus

Also better start squatting if you want to do your best to prevent more injuries.
>>
>Kyrie
>Hayward
Who the fuck can stop us!
>>
>>77754079
Judging from summer league, no
>>
>>77754079
Boban would eat him alive
>>
>>77754036
Kawhi is on some Buddhist enlightened Zen shit. He is The Man but also is not The Man. Being and non-being as one, you know what I mean? The way that can be defined cannot be the true way and the name that can be named cannot be the eternal name. Kawhi truly understands the emptiness of all forms and this allows him to coexist peacefully with any other player.
>>
>isaiah thomas lobbies for gordon hayward to come to boston
>gets traded for kyrie after hayward comes
is ainge a snake?
>>
Ainge has 0 fucking loyalty god damn he just kicked that manlet in the face.
>>
>>77754021
Pics or it didnt happen
>>
>>77753746
IT is 28
>>
>>77754064
Having Crowder in particular makes them a lot better. IT can replace most of Kyrie's offensive value, and Crowder provides a legitimate, consistent, excellent wing defender which is something that the Cavs have totally lacked (outside of LBJ who obviously has other things on his plate) and he can also do enough on offense that you can't just leave him wide open. When you compare it to where the Cavs were running out lineups with Richard Jefferson against the Warriors because he was one of their best wing defenders, that makes a huge difference IMO.

It's also a great move for them long term if they get picks and Zizic but that matters less to me.
>>
>>77754153
Remember when the manlet was recruiting free agents on twitter for Boston?

lmao I bet the loser even looked forward to playing with Hayward! hahahaha
>>
>>77754163
Jae Crowder is overrated as fucking shit man. Don't buy into the hype on him.
>>
>>77754163
Crowder is the reason I'd say the Cavs would be better. The Kyrie/IT swap is a small loss for Cleveland.
>>
Isaiah Thomas would not be able to score on the Warriors like Kyrie could.
>>
Cavs might be adding Thomas to the 22nd ranked defense in the league last year. They also added Jose Calderon, rose and Jeff Green. Durant and curry might average 40 in the finals
>>
>>77754210
Check out every Boston vs Warriors game in the last two years and say that again chump.
>>
Everything is going to start happening now, Melo trade tomorrow
>>
Kyrie lines up better with Celtic's window than the Cavs', which will be in 2-3 years time.

Cavs reload for one final run, get a ticket selling sideshow when they overpay IT when LeBron leaves and get extra picks for down the road.
>>
>IT/Crowder/Zizic combination would save the Cavaliers $19M in taxes. Tax bill goes from $78.4M to $59.2M.
>>
If Dan Gilbert has some power on the trade yall Cavs fans shouldn't be surprised if yall end up trading Kyrie for Kelly Olynyk and a 2nd rounder
>>
File: 1449974401420.png (818KB, 1167x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1449974401420.png
818KB, 1167x1191px
Danny what are you DOING!??

What's the fucking point of trading away IT/Jae/and most importantly PICKS when we have 0.00% chance of beating Golden State for the next 5 years?

What the fuck. You're supposed to stick with IT until he walks or you give him a short term extension, and allow the young kids to develop.

You fucking SNAKE danny.

I can't believe this.

The one player who never got the credit he deserved, the praise he deserved....And you do THIS!? After the postseason he just gave you!? After the recruiting he just did for you!?? After his sister JUST died!????

You fucking SNAKE Danny. You SNAKE!

I don't want crybaby "all about me" flat-earther Kyrie. He's a fucking Lebron baby. I'm PISSED!
>>
>>77754174
Maybe he is overrated. I don't know. I like what I see when I watch him, I think he makes a real positive impact, and also, he put up really good numbers last year and has put up really good defensive numbers his entire career. Statistically, the Celtics played much better defense when he was on the court. That matters a lot to me.

>>77754230
Not to get repetitive, but ignoring Crowder here seems dumb.
>>
looks like isaiah thomas has hit a wall with the celtics
>>
>>77754238
4-12
7-20
7-22
9-20

Yeah nah you're a cunt
>>
This could be a guy that could potentially help CP3 to reach his first NBA Conference Finals
Assuming that they both stay in Houston and get a nice third scoring option during next offseason
Can they walk away with a championship against the Warriors (who may or may not lose Green or Klay)
>>
>On ESPN, @wojespn reports the Celtics and Cavs are currently on the phone working out salary matching pieces from BOS to CLE.
>>
>>77754210
It really depends on LBJ being able to carry more of the offensive load. I think IT can score against the Warriors as the second option but he's not going to be able to go off the way that Kyrie did and take over and carry them to wins randomly.
>>
I've been said the Thomas for Irving trade makes sense for the Celtics. They're both just scorers, but Kyrie is younger, not as much a liability on defense, and the Celtics will have him for two years. Isaiah is gonna want to get paid next off-season, and I don't think the Celitcs wanna give him $200 mil+. I think the Celtics could have kept Jae Crowder, unless they had to trade him for cap space.
>>
Isaiah Thomas fucked himself when he said he was expecting a max contract lmfao
>>
>Cavs and Celtics now negotiating over a draft pick
>>
Please take the manlet please take the manlet Please take the manlet please take the manlet
Please take the manlet please take the manlet
>>
lmao!!! laker fishies on suicide watch! celtics are a 70 win team next season AND we getting #1 picks
>>
>>77754281
The Rockets will have to play the Spurs, Warriors, or Thunder to advance to the WCF. Not gonna happen.
>>
The other thing about this trade for Cleveland is that it's extremely low risk. The status quo was that they didn't have a real shot against the Warriors and that Kyrie was going to walk. So basically this is a free roll for them - any long term assets they get, any chance they win a championship, it's all gravy for them.

>>77754314
He also should get a max contract with the way the NBA works. And whichever team gives it to him is going to regret it but he deserves the money.
>>
hahahahha loyalty hahahahhahaha
>>
>>77754354
No-one has cap space to give him the max.
>>
>>77754352
they could beat the Spurs
>>
Pelicans will give IT the max next season

Cap this post
>>
>>77754370
Cleveland will have the space.
>>
>>77754370
Any team could easily make a couple trades to get the cap space, and a few teams will have the cap space for it when other contracts expire. If a player you think can be a franchise player for you is available, you make moves to open your roster for him. Whether he's actually worth it is another matter.
>>
>@wojespn: Cleveland has struck out on deals in the western conference and have turned their focus to Boston.

>The @Cavs told @Celtics a couple weeks ago they didn't want to do a deal if Jayson Tatum wasn't part of the package, says league source.Unconfirmed

>Boston has wanted to keep Jayson Tatum out of any deal with Cleveland.
>>
>>77753931
Mine was from CTEball back in HS. Partially torn MCL/meniscus along with a grade 2 ankle sprain after one our landwhale o-linemen rolled up my leg during practice.
>>
>>77754377
No, no they can't.
>>
How is Woj so fast, guys?
>>
>>77754392
They don't have the cap space, even if they stretch Asik. Don't think they could create the cap space either, especially since they want Cousins to re-sign.
>>
>>77754354
Realistically no team should want to give a manlet who now has a hip problem a max contract. Even healthy, giving him a max is questionable.
>>
>>77754249
He's not even in Bombston anymore you mouthbreathing moron.
>>
FREE BOBAN
>>
>>77754449
From a basketball point of view, like most NBA contracts, it's a question of risk and expected value. And the reality of the NBA is that there are nearly always going to be teams who are in a position where the best course of action available to them is going to be to take high-risk bets like giving a max contract to IT. Because, hey, there's a chance it pays off and he plays at a superstar level and you make a conference finals or something where you otherwise wouldn't have.

I don't think that smart, well-managed teams should ever give a player like IT a max, because it's just a really bad bet. But not all teams are smart and well-managed and have good ownership with strong relations to the front office and an accurate understanding of their window for contention.
>>
>>77754471
alternately: ban Reggie Jackson from the league and void his contract
>>
This trade makes the Celtics worse this year IMO
>>
>the closet racist town of boston doesn't want kyrie because he's a flat earther
pot calling the kettle black
>>
does IT make Lebron better?
>>
Cavs really finna be the only competition in the east if Celtics mAkEs this dumbass trade
>>
>>77754551
Explain
>>
Why are the Cavs trading Kyrie Irving to the Celtics for Isaiah Thomas and Joe Crowder
>>
> Isaiah Thomas will have 7 years of service next summer as a FA. Cleveland would inherit his bird rights and could pay him a max salary starting at $30.6M. The Cavaliers a likely tax team next summer if LeBron James returns can exceed the cap/tax to bring back Thomas based on his bird rights.
>>
File: pY3Lant.png (237KB, 560x283px) Image search: [Google]
pY3Lant.png
237KB, 560x283px
Profile image has been changed.
>>
>fleeces other teams including his own
What did Danny mean by this?
>>
Kawhi said he added something new to his game this offseason wonder what it is?
>>
>>77754608
Glad this guy got his shit pushed in after all the annoying ass social media "recruiting" and smugness.

Lmao, I remember when Hayward got first reported to sign with the Celtics and he posted some dumb video of him dancing, then it was said that report was false then he deleted the video.
>>
>>77754570
They lose their best player.

And IT was good for them too.
>>
>>77754633
Maybe yelling at refs
>>
>>77754551
Slightly. So they get a better pick and develop their younguns and be serious contenders from next year onwards

Do they want to win or just reach the finals of a historically weak East?
>>
if you're a boston fan and aren't willing to give up IT/rasta dude/some picks for kyrie cause of muh loyalty you do not know anything about basketball
>>
>>77754633
Passing. That's literally all he can add, he's done everything else at an elite level now.
>>
Hmmmm...
>>
Dave McMenaminVerified account @mcten 2m2 minutes ago
More
CLE will receive BKN 2018 1st round pick - unprotected - from BOS in the trade that is currently being discussed, league source tells ESPN

This is a fleecing
>>
>>77754658
Great post
>>
>>77754651

As a Celtics fan, I want this trade to happen. I love Thomas and Crowder, but Kyrie is too great to pass up on. He makes the Celtics favorites to win the East.
>>
>>77754658
>>>reddit
>>
>CLE will receive BKN 2018 1st round pick - unprotected - from BOS in the trade that is currently being discussed, league source tells ESPN

>Cavs and Celtics on verge of a deal: Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and 2018 Nets pick unprotected, sources say
>>
>>77754660
LMAO
>>
>>77754660
If that's true then it's a no-brainer for the Cavs
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-17-23-10-27.png (368KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-17-23-10-27.png
368KB, 540x960px
An Wy Y'all hating LeBron gone turn D Rose to the old D Rose just wait on it! An he finna get a ring
>>
Shams CharaniaVerified account @ShamsCharania 44s44 seconds ago
More
Cleveland and Boston have agreement on deal to send Kyrie Irving to the Celtics for Isaiah Thomas package to Cavs, sources tell The Vertical
>>
>Cleveland and Boston have agreement on deal to send Kyrie Irving to the Celtics for Isaiah Thomas package to Cavs, sources tell The Vertical
>>
>Cavs agree to deal Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and 2018 Nets pick, source told ESPN.
>>
Shams CharaniaVerified account @ShamsCharania 33s33 seconds ago
More
Shams Charania Retweeted Shams Charania
Celtics are sending Thomas, Crowder, Ante Zizic and Brooklyn's 2018 first-round pick for Kyrie Irving, league sources tell The Vertical.

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENEDDDDDDDDD
>>
Isn't Lebron gonna leave after this season anyway?
>tfw a manlet is the face of your franchise within 2 years
>>
>IT, Crowder, Zizic, Tatum
lmao that's way too much is cleveland dumb?
>>
Is MJ still the GOAT?
>>
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

IM SCREAMING SPC AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS

AAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
THE CELTICS COULD NOT HAVE FUCKED THIS UP HARDER HOLY FUCKING SHIT
>>
>All-Star Kyrie Irving will waive his trade kicker to complete Cleveland's deal to Boston, league source tells The Vertical
>>
>>77754102
All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event—in the living act, the undoubted deed—there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall?
>>
File: 2017-08-22 18.22.46.png (97KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-22 18.22.46.png
97KB, 320x240px
>>77754471
As a Spurs fan, I miss Boban. He wanted to stay but Pop ran him off and told him he'd be stupid not to take that kind of money
>>
>>77754730
Maybe, but the Celtics fucked up by giving up a top draft pick in the process.
>>
>>77754730
No, Cleveland's smart.
>>
>we gave up the brooklyn pick

WHY WOULDNT YOU GIVE THEM THE LAKERS ONE INSTEAD

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>77754741
Getting rid of the manlet is literally the biggest positive theyve done
>>
celtics gave up some roleplayers, an old manlet and a draft pick that will never be as good as kyrie

celtics won
>>
Cavs Celtics is the opener to the season holy fuck this league
>>
AHAHAHAHA THEY GAVE UP THE NETS PICK TOOOOO OH MY GOD DANNY AINGE JUST OWNED HIMSELF

DANNY AINGE JUST GOT FLEECED BY THE CAVS
>>
Also: Celtics will now have pieces and cap space to be serious contenders in free agency, as they're one of the few teams to have cap space.

Great return for the Cavs. Lots of potential for the Celtics.
>>
>Brooklyn pick gone
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

M-MUH MARVIN BAGLEY
>>
>tfw both sides lost

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
So the Cavs are getting rid of Irving now, Lebron will leave next season and they'll be stuck with only Isaiah Thomas?
>>
>>77754774
>Old manlet
>28
>>
That is the end of the Brooklyn trade.

What the picks brought:

James Young (WEW)
Jaylen Brown
Jayson Tatum
Kyrie Irving

That's pretty fucking good.
>>
Danny Ainge would not give up the draft pick for Paul George. Refused to give it up for Jimmy Butler. And then gives it away for goddamn Kyrie Irving. My GOD.
>>
>Worth noting: Boston, as Brad Stevens said on @TheVertical Pod, still waiting on a September scan to determine when IT available next season

AHAHHA ITS THE BYNUM TRADE ALL OVER AGAIN
>>
>>77754790
Isaiah Thomas and a top-5 pick in a crazy good draft.
>>
>>77754798
Paul George and Jimmy Butler are both 27 while Kyrie Irving is 25. They want a player in their prime during their window.
>>
AHAHAHAHHA

CELTICS CANT STOP WINNING

>u guys cant win with a manlet pg xDD

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAH
>>
>>77754813
it's still a good trade for Cleveland if IT never plays again IMO.
>>
>>77754834
You literally can't and that's why they traded him you absolute dumbass hahaha
>>
Cleveland gets the Brooklyn pick
Boston gets Kyrie

Good trade for both (leans cleveland)
>>
>>77754522
JAIL REGGIE
FREE BOBAN
JVG CO-COACH WHEN??!!??
>>
lmao

lakers lost
>>
>Jae Bricker, A manlet pg with broken knees and a slav for the best playoff PG in the league

Thank you Cleveland! Enjoy your pick, dont draft a bust
>>
>>77754829
It's a window that they've totally arbitrarily defined. Jimmy Butler and Paul George are much better than Kyrie and would have made them legitimate title contenders right now.

There's just no universe in which the logical thing to do for Boston was to shape all of their decisions around Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, and Jayson Tatum.
>>
Why did Boston do that? Isaiah>Kyrie Crowder Tatum PIcK zizic>Kyrie. Literally one of the of the shittiest trades ever. Atleast the warriors are fucked.
>>
>>77754829
You know who else is 27?

GORDON FUCKING HAYWARD
>>
>>77754879
>legitimate title contenders right now

lol no
>>
>>77754862
Is this bait?
>>
>>77754879
So they were going to beat the Warriors and Cavs this year? They're doing the right thing.

And they're not done yet.
>>
File: 1hwc5c.jpg (123KB, 428x280px) Image search: [Google]
1hwc5c.jpg
123KB, 428x280px
Enjoy Kyrie Irving Boston!

I'm sure he can be a great team leader just like how he lead his team to 3 straight 1st draft picks without LeBron! LOL
>>
File: aingee.png (372KB, 1210x423px) Image search: [Google]
aingee.png
372KB, 1210x423px
F L E E C E D
>>
Kyrie moving closer to the edge of the Earth
>>
>>77754471
>>77754522
Will you guys do a straight up trade for Enes Kanter?
>>
>>77754935
Bostfats literally in shambles right now.
>>
File: 1494865365998.png (304KB, 646x595px) Image search: [Google]
1494865365998.png
304KB, 646x595px
So this means that the Warriors are guaranteed to win for the next 2 years right?
>>
>>77754904
But they got him in free agency rather than giving up assets and they still have cap space to sign someone else.
>>
>trading a top 3 PG for a gimp manlet and a bunch of literally who's

Boston wins.
>>
>>77754570
It could distribute the ball better than Kyrie
>>
>>77754915
I think they would have had a shot against the Cavs and the Warriors. I wouldn't have called them favorites but adding a Jimmy Butler to a team that also has Hayward, IT, and all the role players would be really, really, really strong.

>And they're not done yet.

How many goddamn terrible deals does Danny Ainge have to make for people to stop saying this
>>
>>77754964

IT was the soul of the team

Kyrie is a pre-madonna who is probably just gonna get hurt
>>
Ainge is a genius. He knew the Lebron era is ending in the east and he decided to shift gears into win now mode while also having a good young core and dumping bad players/contracts.

Ainge just finessed the entire league.
>>
YOOOOOOOOO WTF ARE THE CAVS DOING
>>
File: IMG_4633.png (152KB, 335x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4633.png
152KB, 335x525px
>>77754980
>pre-madonna
Hopefully this is some /sp/ meme I'm not acquainted with
>>
>>77754901
tf are you even saying, format your sentence better moron
>>
>>77754963
It still ties up cap space to a player who's at the same stage of his career as Butler and Paul George. If all the Celtics care about is their ~~~window~~~ then why sign Hayward at all?
>>
ITT Celtics fans doing damage control
>>
Somehow the cavs got worse on defense LOLOL
>>
>>77754980
soul don't mean shit if you don't got a hip
>>
>>77754964
No offense but Kyrie is bad. Honestly I'd rather Jae Crowder and a pick over Crypee getting a top 10 player and several roleplayers is literally just icecream on top of the cake. Sorry Boston is too retarded to realize when they lose. Faggot ass bitch douche.
>>
CLEVELAND GOT FLEECED
>>
Okay Spurs fans, what the hell do they do with Tony Parker? He's a 35 year old PG coming off a quad injury.

There's no way he'll ever be the same as he was last year. He has to be the backup PG now, right?
>>
>>77754983
rebuilding after this season jackass
>>
>didnt trade tatum or brown

We won. We literally just won. The warriors are shitting themselves right now making calls. We just won, just like that? Wow, ok. Well then, I guess that's that. Looks like all i gotta do now is wait for that 18th trophy. Cavs are literally not even making the third seed. We just won my celties, this is crazy.
>>
>>77754983
Getting better?
>>
>>77754978
The Celtics still have multiple picks and they will still have cap space. They are in a good situation.
>>
>>77755017
lmao
>>
File: paul1.jpg (2MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
paul1.jpg
2MB, 3888x2592px
>>77754980
>pre-madonna

Nigga you dumb
>>
File: Screenshot+2017-08-22+02.23.04.png (420KB, 619x620px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot+2017-08-22+02.23.04.png
420KB, 619x620px
im a celtics fan and kyrie is better than bitch ass it stay mad cleveland u just got worse at defense
>>
File: Isaiah_Thomas_(34300573362).jpg (307KB, 1200x1530px) Image search: [Google]
Isaiah_Thomas_(34300573362).jpg
307KB, 1200x1530px
>I'll guard Steph
>I'll guard Klay
>I'll guard Draymond
>>
>>
CAVS ARE FUCKING DONE

>isaiah the midget is supposed to stop 7 foot durant

D O N E
>>
>>77755037
CLEVELAND FANS WILL DEFEND THIS
>>
File: 1402537963920.gif (2MB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
1402537963920.gif
2MB, 200x133px
>>77754980
>pre-madonna
>>
AHAHAHA WHAT A SHITTY ORGANISATION
HOLY FUCK HOW DOES AINGE HAVE A
ALL THAT FOR A FUCKING DUMBASS ISO MERCHANT
LOSING THE POSSIBILITY OF DONCIC/PORTER JR./AYTON
LOSING ALL THAT DEPTH FOR MR 4-13 WITHOUT LEBRON AND SOME AUTISTIC NERD WHITE

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Boston getting fleeeceeeeeeed
>>
File: 1502614698277.png (134KB, 350x254px) Image search: [Google]
1502614698277.png
134KB, 350x254px
>>
File: OSN.jpg (53KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
OSN.jpg
53KB, 600x525px
>implying the Nets pick was worth as much after the Dlo trade

That boy finna lead that team to at least the third worst team in the East now. The Lakers pick is worth so much more now that they're going to be shit for at least 3 more years at the bottom of an even more stacked west.
>>
>>77755049
definitely a post-madonna
>>
File: 1502988667696.png (126KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
1502988667696.png
126KB, 800x769px
>>77754980
IT was truly a post-madonna.
>>
>getting rid of the nets pick

you fucked up boston.. 2018 class is LIT
>>
>>77755024
They're in an OK situation but it was a bad trade for them and Danny Ainge keeps making trades that make no sense but are justified by Boston fans' undying belief in a mythological window that will keep getting pushed back into the future

Kyrie is definitely an improvement over IT but they gave up so much more than they should have been willing to give up for him, especially compared to the various other moves that have been either made or leaked by Ainge over the last year or so
>>
Thomas >Kyrie
>>
>>77754994
How about you read it like it's formatted autisimo jones.
>>
File: thinking emoji.png (17KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
thinking emoji.png
17KB, 120x120px
>>77755045
God works in mysterious ways.
>>
>>77755011
murray showed he was game in the playoffs. i say they need to let him go for it

even if pop doesn't let him start TP is bound to be injured half the time anyways
>>
>>77755060
Cleveland got FLEECED
>>
File: 234123541515.gif (783KB, 418x418px) Image search: [Google]
234123541515.gif
783KB, 418x418px
ALL THIS CELTIES DAMAGE CONTROL LMAO
>>
>>77755080
but m-m uh handles.
>>
Can someone explain Ainge's thinking behind this?
>>
>Avery Bradley gone
>Jae Crowder gone
>Isaiah Thomas gone
>Amir Johnson gone
>Kelly Olynyk gone

The Celtics got rid of their top 4 starters (excluding Horford) and one of their key bench players and turned it into:

>Kyrie Irving
>Gordon Hayward
>Jayson Tatum
>Marcus Morris
>Aron Baynes

How the FUCK does Danny do it?
>>
>>77755065
>1.3 ws
>>
>>77755021
>>77755021
how are they getting better with isiah 'the exposed manlet' thomas dumbass
>>
>Cleveland fans shitposting about the manlet in the playoffs now forced to defend him

LOL
>>
I can't tell who got the worst of this deal. Is this a rare case where neither team is the winner?
>>
>WAKE UP
>manlet is gone
>>
>>77755125
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
So we're all in agreement that Cleveland destroyed this trade right? Isaiah> kyrie alone but when you add the pick it's an absolute blowout isn't it? I mean those of you who aren't bots. Cleveland might beat GSW now tho.
>>
>>77754992
>>77755029
>>77755049
doggy dog world fellas
>>
>>77755116
by giving up a top 3 pick which will probably turn into marvin bagley or micheal porter jr, both of whom will be better than any of the guys they acquired on that list
>>
>>77755048
cleveland can't defend anything
>>
>>77755131
If you honestly think this then you are retarded
>>
>>77755115
Its better to lose in the NBA Finals than in the Eastern Conference Finals.
>>
>>77755116
>morris

>baynes

>tatum

teams kinda bad bro.
>>
>Cleveland gets Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Žižić and 2018 Nets 1st-rounder
>Boston gets a guy who thinks the earth is flat
>>
>>77755131
GSW won. Even with a significant injury to one of their core players, they're still good enough to sleepwalk to the title
>>
>>77755148
>top 3 pick

t. retard
>>
>>77755118
I'm sorry but what the fuck does this even mean?

Lmao
>>
>>77755116
>one-dimensional offensive player
>pretty good player
>unproven rookie
>about to be in prison
>aron fucking baynes
HOW DOES DANNY DO IT
>>
>boston gave up their 1st round pick for kyrie

what the fuck is this shit trade
>>
>>77754947
I would definitely do that if I were Detroit. At least Kanter is a good locker room guy.
>>
>>77755158
not according to muh 6-0 jordan shitters
>>
Chances are the Celtics will still lose in the ECF but will be significantly better in a few years time
>>
Boston loss because they gave up the 2018 unrestricted pick

that pick alone was worth more than kyrie
>>
>>77755132
shut up philippines im not in the mood for your shit
>>
Oh man, I've missed FA bantz.
>>
>>77755183
Kyrie will leave Boston to go play for his favorite teams.

The Celtics will have to flip him again in another season.
>>
File: 1488858678192.jpg (207KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1488858678192.jpg
207KB, 1200x1200px
See you next year, Bron
>>
BOTH TEAMS GOT WORSE

W O R S E
>>
>>77755179
I didn't say that's actually the case. That's Ainge's mindset.
>>
>>77755156
You really think that Boston got that much better?
>>
jae crowder is my gf's favorite player
>>
>>77755176
Nets pick isn't worth as much now. Danny is a genius. 3D chess, Lakers pick is now the new Nets pick. They will be the worst team in the West without a doubt, Nets were questionable to be the worst team now that the East is so bad, Atlanta Hawks look to be the worst team now.
>>
Ummm...so are they gonna change this shit?
>>
>>77755183
I would accept that as a justification if they hadn't given up the Nets pick. If you're building around the future, why do you give up a shot at a Marvin Bagley or DeAndre Ayton?
>>
>>77755183
But... this is stupid because they could have been EVEN better. They consolidated their assets so poorly.
>>
I dont even see how this is bad forfor the celtics can someone explai
>>
BETTER BRING THE BRINKS TRUCK CLEVELAND AHAHAHAHA
>>
>Boston literally delusional

Worst area of the country by far. North Korea should be picked up via helicopter and placed within reach of the northeast.
>>
>>77755219
they'll upload a .jpg online that you can print and replace it with like Madden did with Favre when he went to the vikings after unretiring
>>
>>77754633
Lebron/CP3 tier flopping
>>
>>77755219

They're just gonna have to use the Canadian cover then.
>>
File: AI Kyrie.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
AI Kyrie.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
>>77755184
Lmao no it wasn't.

Name a prospect in the next draft that will ne better than Kyrie, a guy that came straight into the league as an elite PG and the second coming of Allen Iverson.
>>
>>77755230
They gave up a top-5 pick in a loaded draft and one of their best defensive rotation guys for a marginal upgrade at PG.
>>
CAVS GOT RINSED

BASED AINGE
>>
File: le picks man.jpg (101KB, 1116x800px) Image search: [Google]
le picks man.jpg
101KB, 1116x800px
>1st seed in the east
>Trade away core

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>77755237
t. Fat flyover
>>
>>77755256
seeds mean fuck all when lebron is in your conference
>>
File: SmugCeltics.png (76KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
SmugCeltics.png
76KB, 500x600px
>the absolute STATE of Boston haters in this thread right now

LMAO
>>
>>77754678
Ainge is really dogshit if he accepts that
>>
Boston just got raped by Cleveland.
t. Thunder fan.
>>77755178
idk, Can't Coach Gundy likes "muh defense" a little too much
>>
>>77755230
Gave up a pick that's presumably going to be very valuable for a 2 year rental while still not having a snowballs chance in hell at beating GS.
>>
>>77755248
>elite pg
>never averaged more than 6apg in a season
>>
>>77755248
I would expect 2 or 3 of the top 5 picks to be better than Kyrie. Esp Bagley, Porter, and Ayton.
>>
File: 1465617037238.jpg (194KB, 980x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1465617037238.jpg
194KB, 980x1216px
>cavs
>celts
>>
at least theyve kept mahcus
>>
>>77755229
>>77755183
This. Boston got better but they didn't maximize their potential value.
>>
File: 3312551.jpg (26KB, 355x236px) Image search: [Google]
3312551.jpg
26KB, 355x236px
>>77755272
You're STILL here? HAHAHAHAHAHA bro do you ever sleep?
>>
>>77755256
Did you not watch the playoffs?
>>
Picks aren't everything.

Boston had #1 and most of the top rookies ducked them.

They could have #1 and #2 next year but it won't matter if the top rookies in that class would pass on them to play on a shitty team.
>>
So how mad is LeBron right now?

They got a bum, a literal who and a nigga who's height starts with 5 all for Uncle drew

Sure they got a 1st round pick from Boston next year but that doesn't help LeBron here and now win a ring.

Best thing LeBron can do now is ask for a trade to the Lakers asap so he can at least spend this season setting up to win a ring next season with lonzo.
>>
>Lelkers were the biggest winners of this trade
Can't make this shit up.
>>
File: kobe smile zoom.png (21KB, 739x539px) Image search: [Google]
kobe smile zoom.png
21KB, 739x539px
Porter Jr. = Taller PG13 without the elite D.
Bagley = Smaller AD with a SG's game, not a rebounder and effective C.
Everyone Else = literal who's

Kyrie = Elite PG at 25 yrs old and Tim Hardaway plus AI in one body.

You do the math which is worth more.
>>
LEBRON IS GONE
>>
IM LIFELONG CELTICS FAN AND HYPED FOR THIS TRADE

HOLY SHIT WE GONNA WIN THE EAST
>>
Is this a win-win-win-win WIN?
>>
>lose potentially two #1picks for piss all
lmao ainge
>b-b-but Brooklyn is good now, they've got D-lo
You niggas need to stop playing
>>
So we could potentially see Kyrie Irving vs LeBron James in the playoffs next year. That should be interesting
>>
So this means LeBron is gone after this season right?
>>
File: Celtics.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Celtics.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Fuck this

I'm jumping to the pistons bandwagon
>>
LeBron just demanded a trade according to sources
>>
File: d4444444.jpg (107KB, 850x565px) Image search: [Google]
d4444444.jpg
107KB, 850x565px
THE STATE OF LEBRON JANES
>>
>>77755292
Why are you laughing retard? One of these teams are going to be beating you now
>>
APOLOGIZE TO DANNY AINGE RIGHT FUCKING NOW /NBA/
>>
>>77753931
Mine happened in June. I was playing 32 for 3-4 hours and one hard drive to the basket I felt sharp pain on my hamstring. Grade 2 hamstring strain. I'm fine now but still not as strong as before (L hamstring) and slowly getting back the strength and endurance.
>>
>>77755307
But they didn't improve enough to make up for giving it up

>>77755338
lol he was 100% gone regardless
>>
Lebron is fucking retard for letting this shit get to this point
>>
File: 8peat.jpg (375KB, 2048x1670px) Image search: [Google]
8peat.jpg
375KB, 2048x1670px
another win for us /wl/ bros LMAO!
>>
Legit: Is this the biggest trade since the Celtics-Nets trade in 2013?
>>
File: kyrie-irving.jpg (56KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
kyrie-irving.jpg
56KB, 876x493px
Anyone find it funny this was pretty much a salary dump from the Celtics perspective while getting Kyrie who's only 25 and won't be in his prime for at least 3 years so they can build around him even more now?

Lmao, you fat fucks never learn. Consider me a Boston fan now because Kyrie is carrying them to the promised land while LeBum is washed up and retired.
>>
>>77755351
This is great reverse baiting
>>
>>77755088
how about you make some fucking sense idiot
>>
LEBRON TO SPURS NEXT SEASON
>>
>>77755269
If lelbron was in the west he probably doesnt make the wcf
>>
File: IMG_1965.png (173KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1965.png
173KB, 750x1334px
What did he mean by this?
>>
BREAKING

LEBRON JUST DEMANDED A TRADE TO THE SPURS
>>
>>77755334
>This assblasted bong in total damage control
>>
theres no way lebron approved this
>>
>>77755088
this isnt your gay fucking discord where you can type extra retarded
>>
Socialism is a joke.
>>
Lol. Boston legitmately could of had Jimmy Butler or Paul george but they settle for Kyrie, honest no meme you guys do you think Boston fans are happy with this trade events today? It's a downgrade of a player and it basically destroys all their assets and capspace, the same draft pick that was supposed to land them a superstar was thrown in as bait for their superstar to be traded for a worse player. Thats horrible, this pick was something you guys wanted to keep no matter what and now you're honestly fine with throwing it away for scraps? I honestly don't think Isiah for Kyrie straight up is a good trade but you absolutely blew it by throwing in your entire future and assets just so you could say you landed a "superstar" trade this year.
>>
>>77755385
Calling this a salary dump is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard

If they didn't want to pay IT, they could have just let him walk and kept Crowder and the fucking pick
>>
>>77755415
He started this shit in first place
>>
>>77755403
he's watching someone fuck his wife
>>
Kyrie is overrated and Thomas is a manlet
>>
J U S T
>>
>>77755385
>Kyrie carrying anything

Kyrie is more overrated than paul george
>>
Cavs got worse

Celtics got better

Warriors got better without doing anything
>>
>Turned 2 picks into Kyrie, Tatum and Porter Jr

Ainge is a god
>>
>The shanty town of Boston
JUST
>>
>>77755382

this trade is bigger that that desu senpai

in terms of league landscape this is the biggest trade since at least KG+ray to boston or pau to LA which both resulted in titles
>>
File: IMG_0812.jpg (173KB, 650x972px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0812.jpg
173KB, 650x972px
THEYRE TEAMMATES NOW

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>77755403
Clips4lyfe was married? damn
>>
File: Uncle Drew.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle Drew.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>77755385
Based Kyrie fat fuck poster
>>
>>77755403
He'll be picking up a gun soon
>>
im 100% sure this was lebron's idea LMAOOOOO hes bff's with jae crowder
>>
File: d12d21.png (226KB, 478x623px) Image search: [Google]
d12d21.png
226KB, 478x623px
Danny ainge might actually be the worst GM I have ever seen in my entire life.
>>
>>77755451
Neither the Celtics or Leaveland is beating the Warriors wtf are you smoking
>>
>>77755430
>If they didn't want to pay IT, they could have just let him walk

Lmao, GMing rule #1, never let players walk and always flip for assets you dumb fat fuck, lol.

You're the most retarded person here.
>>
File: 1496375176902.png (100KB, 353x352px) Image search: [Google]
1496375176902.png
100KB, 353x352px
>>77755444
Kyrie MVP
>>
File: IMG_8195.jpg (146KB, 1242x1021px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8195.jpg
146KB, 1242x1021px
>WINDBAG GETTING DIVORCED

SOMEONE MAKE A JUST PHOTO
>>
>>77755444
>>
>>77755416
Maybe you should just how learn to read??!?
>>
>>77755484

did i dispute that?
>>
Does Kyrie get booed when he comes to the Q?
>>
Who here /hoppedfromcavstocelticstosupportmuhirving/

Irving is /ourguy/, Lebron is a snake and i'm glad I don't have to support him anymore. He tried to slander Irving's name all summer.
>>
>>77755503
He shouldn't be because this shit is all on Lebron
>>
>>77755498
You compared it to trades which won the teams titles.
>>
>>77755403
>it's real

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>77755492
Who puts that shit on twitter?

This is why little white bois shouldn't have internet.
>>
File: Fat fuck.jpg (597KB, 1296x729px) Image search: [Google]
Fat fuck.jpg
597KB, 1296x729px
>>77755506
This this this so fucking much
>>
Kyrie is my wifes son's favorite player. How do i break this to hom?
>>
>lelbron thinks thomas can guard 7 foot KD
>>
>>77755514
It's a fucking joke you autist
>>
File: 1497239634874.jpg (255KB, 884x768px) Image search: [Google]
1497239634874.jpg
255KB, 884x768px
It's time to discuss this Kyrie trade and cook up some fresh LeBron pasta for next season.

It's litty tonight
>>
Isn't IT a free agent next season anyways? Both Lebron and IT will leave what the fuck are Cavs thinking
>>
File: 1490278313769.jpg (1MB, 3785x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1490278313769.jpg
1MB, 3785x5000px
>>77755351
>Why are you laughing retard? One of these teams are going to be beating you now
>>
LeBron is preparing for the leavening 2.0. Kawhi and LeBron will play well together.
>>
>>77755532
muh bron bron
>>
>>77755555
>>
Remember when the Celtics had the 2nd worst record and were gonna get Oden/Durant?
>>
FUCK THE CAVS HAHA
>>
>>77755506
hell nah, i'll wait 2 years for him to drop them and go spurs with ultimate kawhi
>>
>>77755077

Yeah, '18 draft class will be L.I.T.

Lousy Incompetent Trash
>>
>>77755509

because in terms of magnitude of league landscape it is a big deal. Boston or cleveland is 100% guaranteed to make the finals this year.

Just because a trade is initially big enough to be compared to previous trades that (eventually) resulted in titles doesnt necessarily mean that this one will.
>>
>>77755049
lmao
>>
>>77755338
Lebron leaving is why Kyrie demanded the trade. This is a rebuilding move for the Cavs as they dump Irving's salary while getting some pieces.
>>
Honestly CANNOT WAIT for my cellties to bitch slap lebunghole in the conf finals. The amount of assblasted rage from that third world city will be unbelievable when we sweep them in 5
>>
File: download.jpg (311KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
311KB, 750x500px
>>77755503
>won them their only ship with the most clutch shot ever in a game 7

If they do they retroactively should be stripped of their championship trophy, banners, and records.
>>
JFC how can you justify this trade for the Boston Celtics, you literally get worse in every possibly way for a rental player who won't even mesh with the system and wants to join a shitty team somewhere.
>>
>>77755559
>Boston or cleveland is 100% guaranteed to make the finals this year.
That's the same as last year.
>>
I FUCKING HATE THE CELTICS
>>
>>77755403

who the fuck married this dude
>>
>>77755562
Honestly, I don't think Lebron will leave. I think he's gonna retire. He will never, ever catch MJ. Even if he did, half the fan-base would never, ever admit it. If I were him, I'd just fucking retire once this contract ends.
>>
File: IMG_8197.jpg (1016KB, 1598x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8197.jpg
1016KB, 1598x2048px
>yfw Irving chucks the Celtics out of the ECF against the Cavs
>>
>Celtics give up their future dynasty for le flat earth man

lmao
>>
Celtics Loss (Thomas, Crowder, Bradley, Olynk)
23.6/50.3 46.9FG%
68.1 PPG
120.1 MPG

Celtics Gain (Irving, Hayward)
16.8/35.5 47.3FG%
46.1 PPG
69.6 MPG
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45KB, 1360x766px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45KB, 1360x766px
POST YFW LEBRON IS ON A REBUILDING TEAM

>mfw
>>
>yfw kyrie sweeps lelbron in 5 in the ECF
>>
>>77755581
But Irving wants to be the lead guy and he will be at Boston

Plus he is better than Thomas who the Celtics didn't want to pay
>>
Irving is much much better than Thomas.
>>
>Celtics now a KD and/or Curry injury away from a title
>>
>>77755583

no last year just cleveland was 100% guaranteed
>>
>>77755532
The trade wasn't really about IT. It was about the Brooklyn pick.

That's the real ticket.
>>
this is all setting up a juicy lakers-boston finals in 2019
>>
>>77755113
I don't get this anymore. If you watched the finals he lost his layup in games 1 and 2 and had nothing else
>>
>>77755581
>traded a player that wanted the max at almost 30 next season for a 25 year old superstar who's under contract for 2 more years, eligible for an extension that's below the max, after he waived his trade kicker to come to your team

I don't know, lmao this seems pretty fucking easy decision for the Celtics.
>>
File: 1489525350195.jpg (431KB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1489525350195.jpg
431KB, 2048x1363px
>>77755403
>>77755588
>>
>>77755616
Spurs can beat the Celtics, who they gunna put on Kawhi now that Bradley and Crowder are gone?
>>
So who else's gonna watch OprahSide lose his shit over this trade?
>>
>>77755611
Gordan Hayward>Kyrie>Al Horford though. Plus theirs a system, having Kyrie lead will and has never worked ever. It's a bad idea. the ByeREEE is too ball dominant for it to work mahn.
>>
>Bostons main guy already has a ring with other team

Never a good thing

He aint hungry, he aint build with the rest of them hungry ass Boston niggas.

They aint finna win shit with this core still smdh.
>>
>>77755635
Ah, that makes sense.
>>
Irving isn't even in his prime yet. IT is 30 years old. Cavs better hope they don't draft another Anthony Benett with that pick or they got fleeced lmao
>>
>>77755487
But they didn't "flip him for assets". They gave away a bunch of assets. That's the whole point.

They shouldn't have let him walk, no, but letting him walk is better than making a terrible deal where you give up this many assets.
>>
>celshits think kyrie can save them
You fucking retards don't realise kyrie couldn't do s hit without daddy Lebron. Celtics are going to disappoint so hard this year
>>
Are you guys just being contrarians because actual celtics fans hate this trade tho?
>>
>>77755638
Oprahside been turning on LeBron for being a bitch. Might defend Kyrie and watch Celtics games from now on.

He already bandwagons two teams adding a third isn't much different. And Kyrie actually talked to him before and said he likes watching his videos.
>>
File: 1437 kim jong un.jpg (86KB, 537x567px) Image search: [Google]
1437 kim jong un.jpg
86KB, 537x567px
>>77755635

>the NYTimes hosted this image with filename 19FULTONjpg-superJumbo.jpg
>>
>>77755631
Yeah, it's a great deal if you just ignore all the other parts of the deal

>>77755651
lol I don't think Anthony Bennett would go in the top 20 in this draft
>>
File: chrome_2017-08-22_20-09-06.png (352KB, 582x824px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-08-22_20-09-06.png
352KB, 582x824px
>the assmad state of lebeta fans right now
>>
>>77754153
>>77754124
IT was a trade target, not a free agent signing. No loyalty needed.
>>
>>77755660
Cavs are dogshit outside LBJ and Kyrie

Only Bron can win with dogshit on the court everybody else needs help and the Celtics actually have other good players
>>
File: really makes you think.webm (2MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think.webm
2MB, 852x480px
>be Dan Gilbert
>have the only relevant team in the east
>Have three superstars on the same team
>drive away Kyrie
>drive away Lebron again
>Kevin Love is just there, standing in a corner drinking gatorade
>one of the greatest super teams of all time gets dismantled within half a decade
>Cavs are doomed to spend another 50 years in mediocrity while the Celtics become the perennial "lose to the western conference champion" team
>>
File: 1492565680623.jpg (158KB, 665x598px) Image search: [Google]
1492565680623.jpg
158KB, 665x598px
>a manlet and a first round pick

what the fuck kind of trade is this
>>
>>77755602
>t. Colin Cowherd
>>
>>77755653
>But they didn't "flip him for assets

>Irving
>not a huge assets
>Crowder and IT on expiring contracts and the Nets pick with 50 other picks in your pocket
>a ton of assets

Lmao, nice try
>>
The path is all clear now. Come home Lebron, we'll be waiting.
>>
>>77755635
I'd fuck her
>dat feel when the fat girl you're fucking has sweat that smells like fresh bacon
>>
>>77755214
>doubting the nets ability to bad
Big mistake
>>
Why Kyrie 3 foot shorter bruh
>>
>>77755685
crowder and some center as well
>>
>>77755679
>looking at cashnastygamings twitter
you really are a dumb nigger arent you?
>>
>>77755693
>Kawhi at point

FUCK
>>
NBA's opening game (Celtics @ Cavs) is going to get huge ratings
>>
lmao the fishies are now trying to act like jae crowder was some sort of major asset and not just a replaceable roleplayer
>>
File: 2016 to 2017.jpg (110KB, 1200x599px) Image search: [Google]
2016 to 2017.jpg
110KB, 1200x599px
WEW LAD

Danny is an ABSOLUTE madman.
>>
>>77755707

how would Thomas fit into their playstyle at all

why do they even need a center
>>
>>77755693
The Spurs are the only team capable of saying no to LeBron solely because of the culture
>>
Unless Isaiah literally medically retires then this trade is a win for the Cavs. It's tied if Isaiah never comes back. We're being honest I think Lreeee is a - asset for any team to have on their current roster. Not gonna have a system but hey at-least you got le flashy handle meme man on your sides teamo.
>>
>>77755684

>implying it isn't LeBron's fault

This is the second "superteam" LeBron has broke apart with his own arrogance.
>>
>boston doing another JUST move
why won't they stop?
>>
File: corry.jpg (39KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
corry.jpg
39KB, 640x360px
see you in the finals Celtics...
>>
ITT: dellusional people thinking Kyrie is actually good
>>
>>77753729
>younger
>more clutch (hit a game winner in the fucking finals, lebron often deferred to him)
>best finisher at the rim in the league
>best ballhandler in the nba by a wide margin
>good enough defensively

vs
>30 year old with injury history
>invents an injury to protect his ego when lebron and kyrie were whooping his bare ass on national television
>solid finisher but not kyrie's level
>carries
>memelet

hmmm, whom would i choose
>>
File: derrickrose.jpg (25KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
derrickrose.jpg
25KB, 770x433px
>Celtics haters this desperately trying to slander the trade when it's a win win for both teams

OBSESSED
>>
File: lebum.jpg (178KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
lebum.jpg
178KB, 1200x800px
>giving up IT, Crowder, Zizic and Nets pick when literally no one else would be able to offer up a better deal than just IT and Crowder
>>
>>77755006
sounds mad ^
>>
>>77755719
Cavs need role players. Smith, Shumpert and Williams are trash
>>
>>77755734
want some clean water my malnourished little spic friend?(report me if you're mad)
>>
>>77755721

That's some NBA2K tier shit
>>
>>77755739
>a win for the Cavs

Lmaooooooo
>>
LOL Ledickriders are going crazy in this thread. Your idol would be 2-6 without Godrie Irving
>>
WAIT. IS TATUM STILL SAFE?
>>
>trade your best player for a white guy
>trade the face of your franchise for your biggest rival's 3rd best player, and throw in what will be a top 3 pick too
holy kek
>>
Trader Danny really screwed the pooch on this one lads
>>
>kyrie to boston
>it to cavs
>opening night is CLE/BOS
yeah, totally not scripted guys
>>
File: 1499702232485.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499702232485.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>it's a win win for both teams
>>
>>77755756
and 0-6 without dwade and ray allen
>>
>>77755758
Yee, Tatum still here.

Jaylen and Tatum both here. 2018 nets pick is gone though.
>>
>>77755692
They are net negative on assets. They gave up assets to get Kyrie.

If you want to act like all of those assets are suddenly worthless, fine. Typical Celtics fan behavior tbqh
>>
>>77755746
>this ass mad your god LeBitch broke up the Cavs team and drove the only guy in the league except Wade and Ray Allen capable of carrying his bum ass to a championship and actually be clutch in the 4th quarter

Lmao
>>
Am I being trolled or do none of you know anything about Basketball? Cleveland absolutely came all over the celtics with this trade deal. Like fucked up hard. Jesus Christ this is bad guys.
>>
>>77755596
>I think he's gonna retire
>If I were him, I'd just fucking retire once this contract ends
This is fucking insanely stupid. He can easily keep playing and mentoring young guys and still make 20+million as a role player.
>>
>>77755765

CLE/BOS is opening night because of the ECF bitch nigger.

>also, State of the New Jersey Nets
>>
>>77755693
Soon.
>>
Alright Kyrie, welcome to Boston.

Time to UNLEASH THE BEAST!
>>
>Player demands a trade because "You don't love me enough"

I don't think this semen-slurping sport is for me.
>>
File: LBJLAL.jpg (122KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
LBJLAL.jpg
122KB, 800x578px
So who got the better deal?

I think the Celtics could have given the Cavaliers less.

This trade most likely means that Lebron is leaving the Cavs to join the Lakers.
>>
>>77755765
The NBA generally avoids putting legit interesting games on opening night because tons of casuals watch opening night anyway

If they scripted it, it would be a few weeks in or at Xmas
>>
>>77755779
>Cavs
>winning

>When LeBron is already 100% leaving next year and IT most likely leaving as well next year

Lmao, you're retarded.
>>
Hey what about NBA 2K18's cover art?
>>
>>77755782
yeah? so why isn't gsw/sas the second opener since they were in the wcf?

fucking sheep lmao i love the mental gymnastics you nba retards go to lengths for over a scripted sport.
>>
File: curryfaec.jpg (370KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
curryfaec.jpg
370KB, 1600x1200px
>>77755788
SEETHING LEBETA FAN
>>
I'm gunna be laughing my ass off when the Wizards beat this no defense Celtics team.
>>
File: DH3yaU_VwAALXCZ.jpg (45KB, 1402x414px) Image search: [Google]
DH3yaU_VwAALXCZ.jpg
45KB, 1402x414px
>But IT is better than Kyrie

>Boston lost this trade

Lmao
>>
LeBron has won without Kyrie Irving and he will do it again.
>>
>>77755781
>He honestly thinks Lebron can't earn even more outside of basketball
Dudes already worth like half a billion dollars. Invest that shit, take some cushy analyst job somewhere, and keep earning money.
>>
>>77755779
Cleveland before this trade:

- wasn't going to win the title
- wasn't going to be able to keep Kyrie around

they picked up someone who can replace 80% of Kyrie's value AND a good player who makes their rotation and defense a lot better this year AND a really good future pick. from basically nothing. it's an amazing trade for Cleveland.
>>
>>77755829
He won with Wade, Bosh, and Allen the other two times. After LeBron and Thomas, the Cavs are shit.
>>
File: 1480302794365.gif (479KB, 434x444px) Image search: [Google]
1480302794365.gif
479KB, 434x444px
Boston just shit their pants. Jesus Christ.
>>
>implying Lebron won't leave to go to the Celtics
>>
>>77755799
>still got the number one pick in the draft next year

>Solid role player and gem in Zizic

>for a player that was guaranteed leaving in a few years

>also get one last run

Seems like a win to me even if Lelbron leaves next seasons year tho.
>>
>>77755828
IT had one remarkable season, and otherwise was good but not amazing. Should be fun to see what Kyrie can do with this Celtics team around him
>>
>two teams trade comparable players, but one team additionally trades 2 other good players and a top 5 draft pick in a stacked draft
>the latter teams attempts to paint the trade as a win for them
Its pottery
>>
>>77755849
>He won with Wade, Bosh, and Allen the other two times.
No. They won with LeBron, Skip.
>>
>>77755829
>LeBron has never won without an elite guard carrying his bum ass in the 4th quarter

losing Kyrie and getting hospital bed Rose and Manlet choker IT will carry him to another ring against the team that just but fucked him

Lmao
>>
>>77755437
this desu imo
>>
>>77755849
Kevin Love is really good in the regular season.

also, JR, Crowder, and TT are all pretty good role players. it's not nothing.
>>
File: image_0.gif (378KB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.gif
378KB, 208x200px
>>77755714
>>
>>77755809

Because the Rockets acquired Paul and are the far more interesting team from a marketing perspective. San Antonio just isn't a sexy team for TV, especially with Parker going to be out, Duncan retired, etc.
>>
>>77755635

>be fat whale

>still be able to cheat

poor guy
>>
>>77755248
bagley and porter are the two highest rated prospects literally of the last 5+ years.

bagley is the first guy to have a perfect rating out of highschool since lebron

both will be better than kyrie
>>
>>77755809
I like how you think you made a point.
>>
File: DH3zGlHXUAUgKm-.jpg (48KB, 1080x571px) Image search: [Google]
DH3zGlHXUAUgKm-.jpg
48KB, 1080x571px
>Lebron, take the shot!
>>
>>77755868
LeBron got a point guard with the exact same skillset but with more heart, along with 2 extra role players he can mentor and a future draft pick in one of the most stacked drafts in recent history, all while dumping a toxic snake into a white supremacist town.

He's content.
>>
File: 1427849097260.jpg (222KB, 1278x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1427849097260.jpg
222KB, 1278x1181px
>Isaiah might not pass the physical, depending on the scan he's going to get

oh fug, imagine how toxic it would be if that failed
>>
>>77754796
Ainge the goat
>>
The team that gets the star automatically wins. Roleplayers are easily replaceable.
>>
>>77755857
>>Solid role player and gem in Zizic
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>77755879
>Kevin Love is really good in the regular season.
Championships are not won in the regular season, buddy

I genuinely think this trade made both teams worse
>>
>>77755892
As if this post is any better, dunce.
>>
In what way is it a win for the celts when they could of traded thoses assets besides IT and gotten a better player earlier at the trade deadline?
>>
Boston clearly won on this trade desu.
>>
>>77755885
Spurs are like 4th in amount of national TV games
>>
>>77755889
Both aren't nearly as good as Kyrie and both are literally worse than AD so no
>>
>>77755901
honestly if i was cleveland i would make the deal anyway

100% serious
>>
>>77755555
fuck off apehoop monkey
>>
In a year LeBitch is going to the Sixers.

This just turned both teams into perennial 5th seeds.

At least the Cavs have the Nets pick, I guess.
>>
>>77755906
It will be hard to be in denial when you're in the lottery this year fag.
>>
Who else hyped for the LeBron decision summer of 2018?

Fill in the blank /nba/
>I have decided that I'm gonna take my talents to ____________
>>
>>77755901
Damn that would be fucking hilarious.
>>
As a Celtics fan, I have to admit that this trade ends any and all "still rebuilding" excuses in the ECF. The Boston Celtics need to beat cleveland next year, full stop.
>>
>>77755946

da Sac
>>
>>77755918
My job wasn't to make a point, guy.
>>
>>77755946
SAN ANTONIO
>>
>Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn 19m19 minutes ago
>Irving thrilled w/ joining Celtics and they'll have great chance to eventually re-sign him. Boston made deal with strong belief he'll stay.

>Irving thrilled w/ joining Celtics and they'll have great chance to eventually re-sign him. Boston made deal with strong belief he'll stay.

>>
So who is Cle trading the pick for?
>>
File: analytics png.jpg (13KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
analytics png.jpg
13KB, 220x330px
>>77755946
NBA on TNT
>>
Will Celtics fans boo Irving because they got fleeced so hard by their cav daddies?
>>
>>77755311

>Lakers winning a championship next season

Nigga you high?
>>
>>77755929
Really, it's kind of a silly conversation to have before they play in college. I personally like both of them more as prospects than Kyrie but we don't really have enough information to go on yet.
>>
>>77755942
Seething.
>>
>>77755971
Why would they trade the pick? Literally the only thing they have now for a post-Lebron team.
>>
Will IT be on bench?
>>
Are you afraid, /sp/?
>>
>>77755961
wow, havent heard this before
>>
>>77755311
>So how mad is LeBron right now?

Not mad at all since he's already 100% leaving regardless.
>>
>>77756007
I know it's been done to death by now, but he ads on the jerseys are trash.
>>
>>77756016
>>77756016
>>77756016
new
>>
Thomas and TT for Dragic and Whiteside
>>
>>77755971
carmelo + eric bledsoe

isiah thomas/eric bledsoe/d rose
shumpert/smith/bledsoe
lebron/carmelo/crowder
carmelo/thompson/love
love/zizic
>>
Who else lmaoing at the thought of a 5'8 manlet trying to guard Steph? Aahhahaha
>>
Reminder: On top of giving up their Pick the celts also will lose all Cap flexibility they had to potentially sign agents after they get fucked this years playoffs.
>>
File: 1478875540608.png (142KB, 376x324px) Image search: [Google]
1478875540608.png
142KB, 376x324px
>TheLand makes great trade
>/sp/ so mad they have to fall back on LeBron leaving rumors.

Lmao.
>>
>>77755444
Holy trips dubs trips. It's confirmed.
>>
>>77756056
ya they are fucked.

non superstars on max deals (horford, hayward), its the fastest and most surefire way to ruin your franchise for 5+ years
>>
>>77756059
>losing your second best player for nothing
>a great trade
interesting
>>
>>77756007
how tf Nike gonna fuck up the Celtics jersey

already ruined my Nuggies
>>
>>77756148
>for nothing
may very well end up being the #1 overall, definitely a top 5 pick.

on top of IT who has the biggest heart in the league and Jae Crowder, who may already be the Cav's best defender
>>
>>77756228
draft picks aren't worth shit 99% of the time, especially not to shit orgs like the celtics or cavs
>>
File: IT greets lebron.jpg (116KB, 725x420px) Image search: [Google]
IT greets lebron.jpg
116KB, 725x420px
>welcome to Cleveland
>>
Report: People close to LeBron James confident Dwyane Wade will join Cavaliers
If the Bulls buy him out, Wade could reunite with his former Heat teammate this season
>>
File: IMG_1935.jpg (59KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1935.jpg
59KB, 576x324px
>>77754250
Stay mad chowdahhead.
Cavs get better with this trade and Celtics get worse. I'm ok with this
>>
>>77756364
Honestly I think they are both did well not really bad on either side
>>
>>77756349
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-people-close-to-lebron-james-confident-dwyane-wade-will-join-cavaliers/
>>
File: 93846934629487.jpg (63KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
93846934629487.jpg
63KB, 768x432px
>>77755946

Houston
>>
>>77756459
Is the banana boat possible? This would be Gilberts only chance of keeping lebron is if he can somehow get Wade Melo and CP3
>>
>>77755828
>every player sees improvement in their late 20s
ok
>>
>>77756912
Wade looks possible, not sure for Melo this year
>>
File: IMG_1936.jpg (164KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1936.jpg
164KB, 1024x768px
>>77756459
>>77756912
>>77756942
>Tristan
>LeBron
>Melo
>DWade
>IT

Golden State here we come.
>>
>>77754250
It's stupid to cry about danny's retardation at this point, you're beating a dead horse that won't get fired, it's like Trump, but worse.
>>
>>77755879
>>77755914
Kevin Love was great in the playoffs and Finals this year. He only played awful in Game 5 where he had too many personal fouls.
>>
File: 1485662898120.jpg (196KB, 844x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1485662898120.jpg
196KB, 844x1145px
>>77754500
I think most NBA players/owners/GMs are too proud, so they always think they're just "one good move" away from being contenders, which is why they seem to be willing to give max/huge contracts to players like IT and Joakim Noah.

Can't blame them, but they're still idiots for doing so. That said, I love IT. Holdin it down for us little niggas
>>
File: SPURS DOMINANCE.gif (4MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
SPURS DOMINANCE.gif
4MB, 320x180px
where does this gif come from? sauce please /nba/
Thread posts: 523
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.