[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Chance the U.S Embraces Soccer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: us-soccer.jpg (58KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
us-soccer.jpg
58KB, 1200x900px
Is there any feasible and possible way that soccer can become popular in the U.S? If you have any ideas how this could happen, post it down below.
>>
zzzzzz
>>
Us Mexicans will never watch your "soccer" but we will watch futbol.
>>
Just wait, Pulisic is gonna be on TV every morning. That's America's best shot
>>
Soccer is already popular, relatively speaking. It's the 5th-most popular team sport in the country.
>>
>>77749957
This thread yet again. The answer is NO, or else you would have embraced it already you fat piece of shit.
>>
>>77749971
>we
From which part of Los Angeles are you?
>>
File: popularsports.jpg (77KB, 640x504px) Image search: [Google]
popularsports.jpg
77KB, 640x504px
>>77749981
Is it?
>>
>>77749962
poo in the loo you shit indian
>>
Hopefully it never happens. This commie kike sport needs to stay in Europe
>>
Never. It's not part of our culture like it is in Europe or South America. Meanwhile Football and Baseball (and Basketball and Hockey to a lesser degree) are mainstays culturally.
>>
>>77751575
>one sport per person
>>
>>77749957
>become popular

Are you living under a rock? It has exploded in popularity in the last 5 years
>>
>>77751553
times are changing. Isn't football one of the fastest growing sports in Murrica? And with an increasing latino population and more and more parents who refuse to let their kid play (american) football there, is a good chance that soccer is going to be one of the major sports in the US in 10-20 years time.
>>
soccer is the sport of the working class worldwide. only in the usa is it played by mostly wealthy suburbanites, and as long as this is the case, i don't see it advancing very much.
>>
>>77751664
lmao this was true in like 1998. have you been to an inner city lately? it's all basketball and soccer m8
>>
Maybe when they get some worthwhile players that can actually compete on an international scale
>>
when mexicans are eventually majority
>>
File: pulisic.jpg (31KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
pulisic.jpg
31KB, 600x315px
>>77751697
you called?
*dabs respectfully in your direction*
>>
>>77749957
WE should be a top soccer nation with how many Mexicans we have.
>>
>>77751712
Mexicans are poor though, there isn't money to be made if your entire fanbase are working class spics and numales.
>>
Why do people post this question all the fucking time on /sp/? Who cares? If it does it does, if it doesn't than whatever.

Why do foreigners even want the US to embrace soccer? We would fucking stomp everyone in the World Cup every year if we started caring about it as much as South America or Europe.

The US has nearly double the population of Brazil and 10x the wealth. It would kill international soccer.
>>
>>77751744

You'd think Mexico would be a top soccer nation with the amount of Mexicans they have, but I'm pretty sure at least half of them have moved here in the last 20 years.
>>
>>77751565
Mexico is a top futbol nation with Germany, Argentina and Brasil.

>>77751797
We'd rather play for our country than this shithole we are using as a whore.
>>
File: 1501140142312.jpg (38KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1501140142312.jpg
38KB, 680x383px
>>77751775
>We would fucking stomp everyone in the World Cup every year if we started caring about it as much as South America or Europe.
Keep telling yourself that if it helps you to sleep better.
>>
>>77751775
>Why do foreigners even want the US to embrace soccer?

We don't actually
>>
>>77751775
>We would fucking stomp everyone in the World Cup every year if we started caring about it as much as South America or Europe.

I seriously believe it is precisely because Americans really suck super hard at football that they don't care about it. Even fucking japan plays better than you.
>>
>>77751687
yeah most of the people playing are latinos
>>
>>77749957
More advertising breaks

Oh, and full contact
>>
>mfw our kicker (the most beta position in American football) played soccer in the spring in high school

We lowkey made fun of him for it all the time. The patrician choice was playing baseball or golf.
>>
>>77751826
>Germany, 4 WCs
>Argentina, 2 WCs
>Brazil, 5 WCs
>Mexico... atleast they did win Gold Cup this year, right?
>>
I think eventually
lots of kids play soccer here as children but drop it for more popular sports
in the last few years alone soccer has been far more televised than it ever was
FIFA games are now as big here as everywhere else in the world (I know that doesnt necessarily correlate)
all mls tieams now have a lower league team in USL
This all might help keep kids to stick with the sport

What we need now is more scholarship opportunities because as it stands soccer is an upper middle class sport
>>
>>77751976
Better than the USA.
>>
>>77752013
>What we need now is more scholarship opportunities because as it stands soccer is an upper middle class sport

That will never happen. Colleges will never make more money off soccer than they would from football.
>>
>>77749957
By any standard it is quite popular.
>>
>>77752064
im not even talking colleges
im talking youth development programs fuck the college system
>>
>>77751575
>half of those
>sports

lol
>>
>>77751575
The only sport in the list is Auto Racing. Americans are so dumb.
>>
File: 1502838384654.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502838384654.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
No
>>
>>77752084
US doesn't have the audience to have minor leagues like baseball would. I just don't see it working breh, it's a cultural thing. The systems are too different.
>>
>>77752013
Again, U.S. problem with soccer is there is not enough money to be made organizationally (collegiate or professional) to properly promote.

They need large injections of capital, hence my half joke comment: More advertising breaks.

Until it's a ten billion dollar industry they'll never give up margin to properly youth promote MLS or pay contracts for real Tv schedules.
>>
>>77749957
Not if MLS isn't a bigger deal
There's only so many Americans willing to cuck themselves into watching foreign soccer
>>
>>77751575
>these sports
>soccer not even listed

Americans hate ties
>>
What the best city or the best state in the United States, for someone who hates and detests the NFL, MLB (Major League Baseball) NBA and NHL, and only likes and is only follower and fan of soccer and MLS (Major League Soccer?
>>
>>77752209
California. Literally the only state I can think of where you can be a soccer fairy and it's lowkey acceptable.
>>
>>77752209
Oregon, Portland probably
>>
>>77752295
And which is the best city in California, for someone who only likes major league soccer and Soccer?

>>77752316
Everyone tells me Portland, Oregon
>>
>>77752295
>>77752316
Why would you respond to Fernando?
>>
>>77752354
>And which is the best city in California, for someone who only likes major league soccer and Soccer?

The border
>>
>>77752209
Why do you keep autistically keep asking this question? You've gotten hundreds of answers
>>
File: 1447871044659.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1447871044659.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
I've lived in 7 different major US cities throughout my life and have visited 48 states at one point or another on business. I meet thousands of different people a year and usually break the ice with small talk about sports. Out of all the people I've met in this country over the years, literally one individual gave two shits about soccer in any capacity. He claimed to be an Arsenal fan. I don't know who these American proxies are that are trying to shill the sport on this board, but it's egregiously disingenuous. If these posters are for real, at the very least, they are non-existent in the business sector (i.e. people who actually have and spend money).

The fact is, soccer has and will always remain an activity for children in this country, a reason for mothers to get out of the house and gossip with each other while the kids play a non-contact game chasing a ball around. Youth soccer season runs almost year round, so it has that advantage over other youth sports. Once kids are old enough, though, they almost without exception drop it to focus more intently on our adult sports. This post isn't meant to trigger soccer fans into replying to it, whether you're really from America, or some international fan reading this. It's just the way it is here. The more you know.
>>
>>77752719
A little advice, you may think you are totally anonymous online, but there's always someone who can find you, and it could effect you in real life. In no way is that a threat or anything but, not thinking before posting stuff online can hurt you in real life. I've been online since I dialed into bbs. I've watched it grown and flex and change. I've seen bad things happen to good people because they thought they where safe. So I guess what I'm saying is, don't believe just because you think you have anonymity online that there can be no repercussions in real life.

Because there can.
>>
>>77752880

is this pasta?
>>
>>77752914
The post he was replying to is, at least
>>
>>77749957
It is already popular enough
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.