[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a/sp/ies will abhor this Pretty sad if you ask me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0918.jpg (157KB, 1000x651px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0918.jpg
157KB, 1000x651px
>a/sp/ies will abhor this

Pretty sad if you ask me.
>>
Where are the fans chimping out over this? Why is Kap being crucified while literally 100 other players have done essentially the same thign
>>
>>77703480
Because Kap did it in opposition to what he saw as a lack of accountability for police. So they had to make it about not standing because the issue itself made them uncomfortable.
>>
>>77703769
These people are literally following Kap's lead though, Bennett has even specifically said so
>>
Why is your anthem played at your games anyway?
>>
It's been a year and nothing has changed. The protests won't lead to anything and once the season starts fans won't care since there is actual football on.
>>
>>77703821
Because retarded blind nationalism pollutes every corner of this wretched society. Dissent = treason in the eyes of the powers that be.
>>
>>77703798
Oh, then because the news cycle ran its course or Kap was a more notable player at the time.
>>
>>77703821
who knows but there isn't a single pro team that would even consider admitting to thinking about the possibility that they might start discussing the concept of not doing it.
>>
>>77703480
chimping out means impulsive, needless violence. people have just called him an ungrateful faggot, that's completely different. he was the first one to do it, he did it at the twilight of his career, he was adopted by a white family, he's mixed race, and he explicitly insulted police as a whole. more than being offensive it just doesn't make any sense.

if some black player, who is still good, that grew up in a bad neighborhood did what he did, it would have been covered for like 3 days in the media and forgotten about. kaepernick also wouldnt make his point and move on, he devoted energy he should be spending on football on political shit, and that's why no one will sign him. and also he's a meme scrambler who will just get hurt.
>>
>>77703480
keap's afro is too offensive. its out of control. no one with that hair can be trusted to be part of an upstanding organization like an nfl franchise.
afros are worse than dreadlocks. dreads are like "lemme burn this L" an afro is like "lemme burn this whole shit to the ground"
>>
>>77703991
despite all his "political shit" he's better than plenty of starting quarterbacks right now. handful of them are going to lose their jobs before the season is over just on performance and incompetence).
you can kill dogs. you can kill people (niggers only though i think), you can beat the shit out of defenseless children and women. but if you try to do something the white audience doesn't like, you have no job. aaron hernandez would still have an nfl job (not on the pats) if he somehow skated on his murder beefs. partly because hernandez is a better te than keapernick is a qb but mostly because pathologically violent personalities are much more palatable to the bloodthirsty, antebellum fetishistic nfl audience.
>>
>>77703875
What about Canadian teams in your other leagues? Do they sing the canada anthem?
What about London games? What's the point of US anthem in UK?
>>
>>77704084
>bloodthirsty, antebellum fetishistic nfl audience
This is all it comes down to. I'm glad to see that there are reasonable voices on /sp/. Maybe most of the retards are caught up in /pol/? Just got back from vacation, so I've been out of the loop.
>>
>>77704252
>What about Canadian teams in your other leagues? Do they sing the canada anthem?
They do in the NBA, I'm not sure if they do in the NHL or the MLB, however.
>What about London games? What's the point of US anthem in UK?
They do that for every country, though. The London Games were a world championship where athletes represented their countries, and in that sense, the anthems are a completely sensible part of the ceremonies.
In the case of NFL games, the players are neither representing their country internationally (unless they're in Mexico or London), nor doing anything related to American politics. It makes zero fucking sense to perform the national anthem before every single NFL game - it should be performed at the Super Bowl and the first game of the season, but that's it.
>>
>>77704252
When a Canadian team plays an American team, they play both anthems.
>>
>>77704252
>>77704438
Yes the Canadian anthem is sung for MLB games as well. Additionally, while in the States those teams are guests, their anthems are sung before the Star Spangled Banner.

When the NFL plays in Mexico I believe the States' anthem is played first and then the Mexican national anthem is played last.
>>
>>77704263
i've noticed a lack of /pol/ on here. especially considering high school is out but we're in a low period of american sports this time of year.
charlottesville probably has more people spending more time on /pol/.
>>
>>77704698
That's exactly why /pol/ isn't here, they've all gone home for the time being
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.