[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OFFICIAL METS VS MARLINS GAMETHREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>marlels
1. Dee Gordon (L) 2B
2. Giancarlo Stanton (R) RF
3. Christian Yelich (L) CF
4. Marcell Ozuna (R) LF
5. J.T. Realmuto (R) C
6. Derek Dietrich (L) 3B
7. Tomas Telis (S) 1B
8. Miguel Rojas (R) SS
9. Justin Nicolino (L) P

>mest
1. Juan Lagares (R) CF
2. Asdrubal Cabrera (S) 2B
3. Yoenis Cespedes (R) LF
4. Wilmer Flores (R) 1B
5. Travis d'Arnaud (R) C
6. Amed Rosario (R) SS
7. Matt Reynolds (R) 3B
8. Brandon Nimmo (L) RF
9. Chris Flexen (R) P
>>
never seent a mets team this pathetic in my life
>>
RAIN DELAY
>>
>>77689511
i guess you weren't around to see the early-mid 90's mets. you think this is suffering? you don't even know.
>>
File: 93mets.png (29KB, 1008x303px) Image search: [Google]
93mets.png
29KB, 1008x303px
i think the '93 mets had arguably the most godawful season, lemme check the other years just in case.
>>
Anyone who doesn't think the Mets need to sign multiple veteran starting pitchers in the offseason is fucking insane. I would jump right on Jason Vargas and also go for another righty. Matz, Harvey, and Wheeler shouldn't even be part of the discussion. If you get ANYTHING from ANY ONE of them it's a fucking miracle.
>>
File: Image6.png (344KB, 604x511px) Image search: [Google]
Image6.png
344KB, 604x511px
yea, i was right. oh well. let's take a look at the weather.

yikes. looks like we might be waiting awhile.

>>77689620
yeah i've completely given up on harvey, he can get fucked. i've seen matz be brilliant in the past but he's a mess now, what is it now, 8 losses straight in a row? wheeler has come through as solid but when the wheels come off, they totally come off and he crumbles. but i don't think going veteran is the best idea. the team needs to go young, thats how they were awesome back in 2006. can't be signing guys like big sexy and expecting longevity out of them, experience or not. they'll all just end right back up on the DL instantly and we'll have another horror show of a season.
>>
>>77689667
>but i don't think going veteran is the best idea. the team needs to go young

I couldn't disagree more. Treat deGrom and Syndergaard as the young starters. The other ones are out of the question at this point. They absolutely need to bring some veteran presence into the rotation. Marco Estrada, Jason Vargas, guys along those lines. You line up Thor and deGrom with guys that actually understand pitching and know how to bounce back after shit seasons or bad performances and can eat innings. That's how to win. Going hybrid is the best way. Also can't tax the bullpen in the first month of the season again.

Syndergaard
deGrom
Vargas
Harvey
Estrada
>>
>>77689716
you know what, i agree with that. hybrid sounds like a good option. just wouldn't be good to overload the rotation with older guys, if the young pitchers need advice and to learn, that's what the coaches are for, no?
>>
>>77689757
Yeah man. David Peterson should hopefully be ready to help the rotation by this point two years from now. Aside from that, I would count on filling it up with guys in their early/mid 30s. Stay away from big contracts like Darvish and Arrieta and hopefully we have some prayer for Machado next year, I think that's everyone's dream signing for this team.
>>
>>77689779
man i would love yu darvish though. if we had to pay up for anyone, i'd go for him.
>>
Any word on start time?
>>
>>77689849
9 pm
>>
>>77690393
Thanks senpai
>>
File: IMG_1768.jpg (196KB, 827x688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1768.jpg
196KB, 827x688px
How many more games until the season ends?
>>
File: rally mantis.png (263KB, 876x582px) Image search: [Google]
rally mantis.png
263KB, 876x582px
kek, rally mantis.
>>
File: 1497927098890.jpg (101KB, 680x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1497927098890.jpg
101KB, 680x1102px
Ha ha
>>
File: hmM6meEh3f-6.png (16KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
hmM6meEh3f-6.png
16KB, 300x250px
> flexen
>>
>>77691164
kek!! fukken saved.
>>
File: newman.jpg (17KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
newman.jpg
17KB, 600x593px
There are actually fellow Mets fans who still believe in the five young aces meme.
>>
2018 pls hurry
>>
File: 1478045898710.png (112KB, 534x629px) Image search: [Google]
1478045898710.png
112KB, 534x629px
Who wants to see Stanton hit a monster dong
>>
ron: "we are going to pound you... inside"

top fucking kek
>>
Thanks crying man.
>>
has this been posted yet?

@CraigMinervini

Cannot confirm but from well placed @mlb source, word is @mets are trading CurtisGranderson and C Rene Rivera, both not in lineup
9:08 PM - 18 Aug 2017

Craig Minervini is a Marlins TV host, like our Gelbs or Gary Apple or someone, it's legit source.
>>
>>77691693
>catcher

Cubes?
>>
Jay Bruce has 2 dongs and 5 rbis tonight
>>
>Jay Bruce has been incredible for the Indians
>Reed has been decent for Boston
>Duda has been a good acquisition for tampa
>>
>>77691849
I'd sign him back for 1 or 2 years if he wanted, but I'm sure he wants a big, multi-year deal in the offseason and I don't think that's the best idea for the Mets.
>>
>>77691981
I would want him back, but this team needs SPEED and a catcher who can throw runners out. Small ball is necessary to win
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.