[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you choose your team, spee?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 34

File: reddit sports subs.png (25KB, 528x277px) Image search: [Google]
reddit sports subs.png
25KB, 528x277px
How did you choose your team, spee?
>>
chelsea were on the pes5 demo that got me into football
>>
>>77665017
Like all 5 year olds born in Europe with shitty teams I picked either Barca or Real Madrid
>>
family lived in LA before the white flight, and there are no teams in my area now
>>
>not being born in the stadium of the team that you support

hmmmmmmm
>>
Cousin got me a Yanited jersey for my 7th birthday
>>
cause my city had pro sports teams. I still followed them after moving.
>>
so much cringe
>>
born in SF, live by sacramento

Support the jints and A's because both used the Rivercats as a farm team
>>
>>
>>77665119

lmao
>>
My dad was a Yankee fan and we lived very close to Yankee stadium. Some of my first memories are of the Yankees.
>>
my grandpa and dad went for AC milan, why not
>>
>>77665017
Mariners: Born and raised in WA state, baseball was my first sport I ever watched. Stuck with team through good times and bad.
Chiefs: My Dad is a fan
UW Huskies: Went to college and grad school here
Avalanche: No local hockey team here so I picked the team that was doing the best at the time and kept it.
>>
File: 1502422531017.jpg (40KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
1502422531017.jpg
40KB, 422x750px
>>77665017
>>77665119
>going on reddit
>>
File: Average american barca fan.png (9KB, 886x113px) Image search: [Google]
Average american barca fan.png
9KB, 886x113px
>>77665119
>>77665017
i was capitvated by messi's magic of course. simply amazing
>>
>>77665017
i pick teams from cities i like
>>
Born STL, Blues-Rams-Cards.

Rams left, picked the Phins cause IDK.

Fuck kroenke, picked Tottenham.
>>
>>77665017
I haven't. I only support the national team. The only local side I would support is the team my dad used to go for. Unfortunately, they've been relegated so many times they are little more than a Sunday side.
Now I wait for a team that I can feel a connection to.
>>
Grandpa was a fan of the Packers, Yankees and the early Real Madrid sides. Dad went for the 49ers, Bulls and AC Milan. So I cheer for the Patriots, Warriors and PSG
>>
My uncle played for them.
>>
>>77665017
Guy I fucking hated supported Barcelona in their prime, so I started supporting Real Madrid. Paid off 7 years later.
>>
I support Manchester United because theyre always on the tv
>>
>>77665608
Brilliantly crafted shitpost, laddie!
>>
Dodgers because the first game I saw them play was the Steve Finley walkoff to with the NL West in 2004. I love their history as well. Local team.
Lakers because I seriously don't know what schoolkid would intentionally root for the clippers if you grew up during the 3peat years, also a local team.

I never picked up an NFL team since there weren't any in LA, I half-heartedly followed the chargers because they were often on TV but even now I don't care about them or the Rams.

Soccer I just follow enough to shitpost here, and I'm black so hockey has always been out of the discussion
>>
>>77665648
Same here desu
>>
>>77665017
the one that is the latest meme
>>
>>77665555
ugh what a waste
>>
My dad was a Barça supporter, I didn't give a shit about football then but because of my father
was backing barça so was I. Then Valencia won La Liga and then the UEFA CUP.

I dodged that bullet.
>>
>>77665017
First footy game I ever saw was the CDR El Clasico in 2011, and my dad was supporting Real Madrid, so I started to cheer for them too.
>>
Athletic because I was born here, lmao
>>
>>77665017
for non local teams, i support the packers because the first game i ever saw was favre beating the bears and i like green
>>
>>77665017
Local or bust.

Only picked Notre Dame because the helmet is majestic & I'm a quarter Irish.
>>
File: 1453519913481.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453519913481.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
I was looking for a Premier League team to support and I saw that Robbie Keane could do flips so I had to choose Tottenham.
>>
>Schalke
because I'm a masochist
>>
>>77666423
Forgot to mention I support my local team of course and have had season tickets for several years.
>>
>>77665995
This.
>>
>>77665916
>I'm black so hockey has always been out of the discussion
>Letting your race determine your interests
>Watching baseball
Kill yourself famalam
>>
MUH HERITAGE
>>
I went to a Marlins game when I was a kid and a foul ball came directly at me and I caught it.
It was fate.
>>
File: 5DimDy6p.jpg (12KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
5DimDy6p.jpg
12KB, 248x248px
>>77666999
>>
File: 4157.png (6KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
4157.png
6KB, 472x472px
I was just getting into footie, was watching a game with my dad and brother
It was a Libertadores game, the chilean team was 3 - 1 down, I thought that that was it, but somehow they ended up winning in the end
That was the first game I remember being really invested in, aside from when Chile played
Been a fan ever since
>>
For all four major North American sports, Dallas is closest. Earliest one I remember hopping on was the Cowboys since they're my uncle's favorite team. My dad's more into college and pulls for his alma mater, Texas Tech. I pulled for them for a while until I went somewhere else, got on their wagon, for better AND for worse, and got a degree from there.

EPL: same thing, and the results said Arsenal. Their resemblance to the teams I follow State-side is uncanny--sometimes high achievers, but rarely the highest achiever, if ever.
>>
I grew up in the region they were based in of course
>>
>>77665537
Howl every time I see this picture
>>
>>77665555
why is he posting in spanish instead of scatalan
>>
>>77666999
Compton doesn't have any ice bruh
>>
Leicester because of their logo and kit and I always picked them in Fifa, back in 2014. When they beat manure 5-3 I was sold.
>>
>>77668254
>Leicester
Said nobody before the year 2016 ever
>>
>>77665017
got born in the city of the footy team init
>>
File: 1497981854376.png (53KB, 571x618px) Image search: [Google]
1497981854376.png
53KB, 571x618px
Why is reddit so cringe?
I did not pick my team like a fucking chocolate bar in supermarket, I support my local team like any true supporter would do
>>
>>77668302
If you're American you probably don't have a local soccer team to support retard.
>>
Born in IL but my parents are from Wisconsin so I'm a Packers Brewers Bucks fan, then chose red wings cuz wisconsin didnt have a nhl team and they were goat asf then.
As far as soccer the first fifa I bought was fifa 10 when i didn't know shit and in my career mode once I transfers to Liverpool so just kinda started following them kek
>>
>>77668302
local team is the only correct answer

but what about a league/sport overseas? I support the sydney kings but im also going to watch the nba because aussie basketball is shit
>>
>>77665017
Local team, and my mum took me to a game when I was little. I didn't see them win a championship until I was 18.
>>
i picked it based on the city
>>
File: 1230582373884.jpg (68KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
1230582373884.jpg
68KB, 468x468px
why the fuck do soccer fans all wear scarves?
>>
west brom.

i liked the stripes.
>>
>>77668681
its cold in european winter
>>
My dad grew up in south jersey, about 30 or so minutes from Philadelphia, so that's how I came to be an iggles fan. He was a huge Phillies fan, but also loved the red sox after living in Boston for a few years, so that's how I'm a red sox fan.
>tfw my dad died in march of 2004, never getting to see the sox win the world series ;__;

My mom's from Nebraska, so that's why I'm a huge husker fan.
>>
>>77665017
Born in Granada hills in 91
Only teams I had were the dodgers , Lakers , kings , and raiders so here I am still a fan of all 4
>>
>>77668917
heh I go to CSUN. Did you go to Granada Hills Charter School?
>>
>>77665017
I've rooted for Pops team all my life which is The Pats. But now I have two friends on the 49ers. I'm rooting for them this year and hope they make it, they certainly have the skill. I've seen the pats win for most of the time i can remember sports. I'm ready to move on, I need a team where I can be uncertain if we'll even have a winning season let alone make the superb owl. If my boys land a long standing role with the 49ers, well you can call me a fan.
>>
>>77665017

>NCAA
Texas A&M, as I went to both undergrad and graduate school there
>Boreball
Astros, as I am from near-Houston
>Apehoop
lel
>Handegg
Was the Oilers, but they left because ownership sucked cock so I don't really follow pro football much because lolToxins
>Divegrass
Hull, because that's the name of my hometown
>Rugby
Wales because grandpappy was born in Holyhead
>>
>>77668681

The fuck sort of identity is vegan straight edge? What kind of music do they listen to? I remember the straight edge kids being quite off.
>>
>>77668940
Only lived there for 4 years before moving to long beach for 9 years and eventually Henderson nevada
>>
dirtmundo cause lived in dirtmind for a while

echte liebe xd xd xd
>>
File: ajax-champions2.jpg (161KB, 964x640px)
ajax-champions2.jpg
161KB, 964x640px
9/10 year old
allowed to watch football with my parents on tv and stay up late
I mean how could you not be captured by this great team
>>
>>77665017
my dad supported FC Twente so when I was 5 and started watching football with him I supported FC Twente too
>>
>>77668349
You have MLS and NASL teams to root for
And "Choosing" a PL team with quizzs is the most cringy reddit thing I ever seen
>>
>>77669763
I chose a handegg team by using random.org
I am now a lifelong arizona cardinals fan
>>
>>77668681
>Straight edge
But not straight stare
>>
I support my local team the most.

I support Liverpool because of my older brother taught me so.

I support 49ers because my other older brother taught me so

I support the New Jersey Devils because I used to play NHL 2001 and Martin Brodeur was my favourite player.
>>
>>77665017
I support my small local team. The team by dad supports and the team that his dad supported.
>>
File: 1426606881662.png (21KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1426606881662.png
21KB, 900x900px
>>77665017
>>
Grew up supporting the only team in my state at the time for AFL. They introduced a new team some years later and my neighbour and Dad were good mates and he always used to give me shit "you aren't going out in those colours" etc etc. and my team always flogged the new team while my neighbor supported them. One year he made me a bet that if his team wins the derby I would have to switch sides for life and support his team. Being 9 years old and full of confidence in my team I made the bet, that was the first time they had one it in 5 years of attempts. His team is now mine. Cunts.
>>
File: Morecambe---old-and-new-001.jpg (24KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
Morecambe---old-and-new-001.jpg
24KB, 400x200px
My local team who gave out free season tickets to our school and went on to get promoted to the football league that year.
>>
>>77669800
I live in Milan and my mother supports Inter. Easy choice. When it comes to foreigners leagues, I tend to sympathize for teams with former inter players or coaches.
>>
>>77669829
No reason for it to be an answer, enjoy your free (you) finnbro
>>
File: Barca.jpg (144KB, 891x303px) Image search: [Google]
Barca.jpg
144KB, 891x303px
For me, it's FC Barcelona. Free Catalonia!!
>>
Supported Chelsea ever since I've started watching football. Last year decided to switch to Liverpool to because Klavan. Seeing how shit they are I'm now searching for a new team to support.
>>
>>77669838
The cultural difference couldn't be more apparent in these ameriposts. They seem oblivious to how arbitrarily picking a team might annoy real supporters. I'd guess it's because no one is really a "supporter" in American sports outside of buying merchandise. The cultural ties that exist between football clubs in Europe and South America and their supporters seems to be nonexistent in American sports. So it's unsurprising when Americans turn up in a club's subreddit and announce that they've chosen to be a fan of them, like they would for an American franchise. I don't think it's inherently bad, just different.
>>
File: 1461005418182.png (7KB, 475x94px) Image search: [Google]
1461005418182.png
7KB, 475x94px
>>77669838
Worst thing is: one month into their soccer fandom they turn into experts writing 10,000 word essays littered with ZonalMarking jargon
>>
My dad started taking me to games of the local FC when I was 6 and Im not a shitty son so I still support them
>>
>>77669738
>tfw Im not alone

Seizoenkaart here since 1999/2000. You remember that 4-2 against Utrecht? One of my most precious childhood memories
>>
>>77669794
>>NCAA, Am. Football, Rugby, anything with that oblong "ball"
ohonhonhon

>>Boreball
Don't care enough to pick a team, might put a match on once in a while to fall asleep to, that's about it

>>Apehoop
Sacramento Kings because I asked a US penpal what the most useless team was back in '05 I think, the "vanilla" of apehoop teams and he told me that the Kings were a p safe answer

>>Futebol, football, voetbal, Fußball
Local team (pic related), which has really been a hell of a rollercoaster the past years
Internationally, mainly Arsèneal because I'm a fag and my fag boyfriend is hugely into Arse.
Looking forward to those saucy (you)'s.
>>
Dad's Millwall
I'm Millwall
Love pints
Hate pakis

Simple as.
>>
my grandpa supported Inter, my parents also supported inter. It's in the family
>>
>ncaa
went to school there
>nfl
grew up there and live there now
>mlb
>nba
don't follow
>nhl
don't follow
>mls
>premier league
mom used to live there
>>
>>77669838
Typical plastic bandwagonner who picks the winner
I bet he now "bleeds Castillan" or whoever is the current strongest
>>
>>77665119
>>77665017
This sounds so fake. These cringe posts always feels like the persons behind it are fake. Not fake as in, they're trolling or it's a parody, but subconciously fake to get more people to like you or something.

As for me, I played FIFA and the first team that popped up was Arsenal. And they had Bergkamp. Easy.
>>
>>77669805
Only acceptable answer
>>
>>77665017
Was raised a >schalke fan, thanks a fucking ton Dad
>>
>>77670070
I really don't mind, even find that logical, when a foreigner picks a team because one of its player happens to be of the same nationality. i.e. Armenians with Manchester. Or Americans with Arsenal because its owner is American.
But choosing to support a team while you have zero tie to it is awkward
>>
i support nice cause they're nice
>>
I got into football when my then boyfriend played for chelsea.

he doesn't know we dated though
>>
>>77670143
>he doesn't know we dated though
...was it rape?
>>
>>77670190
desu it was just a crush
>>
Dad bought me a replica of an AC Milan shirt to go to my first training ever as a little kid. Also, any belgian with italian descent is following a big italian club.
>>
>Football
Leeds, because my dad supports them and it's all I'd be exposed to growing up and there's fuck all around here locally.

>NFL Handegg, Apehoop, Hockey, Boreball, MLS
Atlanta everything. I lived in Savannah all through undergrad and post-grad. It was always good fun to go to Atlanta sporting events and get fucking hammered. Sucks about the MLS team name though. Can't believe they went with "United" instead of the originally proposed "Silverbacks" just because it was too fuckkng appropriate for the town. I like Orlando City too for the aesthetic kits though. Always nice and cheap to cop in Mexican grocery stores.

>NCAA
UGA. See above.
>>
Its only acceptable to support the team your Dad supports if your Dad is actually from that place. The stain of glory hunting doesn't wash off in a single generation.
>>
>>77670427
is it glory hunting if i intentionally choose to support a team that always loses?
>>
Pure manc through and through lads. Sir Alex delivered me through c-section in the training ground showers. I literally bleed red
>>
>>77665017
these fake liverpool fans on this subreddit are fucking pathetic desu senpai, makes me wanna support man city instead
>>
>>77669800
your brother is a top lad
>>
>>77665017
I had a team from birth.
>>
>>77668681
>why the fuck do soccer fans all wear scarves?
They're much cheaper than jerseys, you can wave them around and game nights can be cold.

Think of it as a banner that doubles up as a piece of clothing.
>>
>>77669940
remember 1-3 against Ajax in '01? oh had ik maar, een huis om in te wonen. oh had ik maar een wijk om in te leven.
>>
>>77665017
Dad was born and raised in Camden, NJ. And he made sure I was raised rooting for Da Iggles. And by the time I got into sports enough to care, rooting for any team other than Da Iggles just feels wrong. On the bright side, I'm in shitskin territory so I'm not so far as to make going to the Linc a once or twice in a lifetime journey
>>
File: 1280x720-VX6[1].jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-VX6[1].jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
i support Detroit Pistons because i watched the 30 for 30 on the Bad boys
>>
>>77670143
Pierce Brosnan?
>>
>>77665017
It's my father's club
>>
File: IMG_2722.png (45KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2722.png
45KB, 800x585px
My dad's team
>tfw years of suffering is finally paying off
>>
>>77669800
>I support the New Jersey Devils because I used to play NHL 2001 and Martin Brodeur was my favourite player.
Same. Just for me it's the Dallas Stars and Mike Modano
>>
>>77665017
I was born in Memerrsfield town.
I been a lifelong.
>>
>am a plastic
>born a faggot
>weeaboo also

Was there any other choice than Arsenal?
>>
>>77665017
I live in New York State, had a choice for every sport, chose the team I liked watching better and never changed.
Mets/Giants/Rags/don't like NBA
>>
>>77670094
Except not a single American likes the owner Stan Kroenke. He has fucked numerous teams across numerous leagues here in the US and seems to be doing a good job of hindering Arsenal to ever winning a PL or CL title.
>>
File: gay gunner.jpg (132KB, 696x392px) Image search: [Google]
gay gunner.jpg
132KB, 696x392px
>>77671664
Wan't ArseAnal the first EPL team to have officially gay fans?
>>
File: peñarol.png (201KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
peñarol.png
201KB, 400x400px
>>77665017
you are born and your father puts your team shirt over your crib so you support your team since the day you are born until the day you die. Simple as fuck.
>>
>>77665017
First off, what a cringy fucking post. On par for plebbit.

>Cleveland Browns, Indians, Cavs
Easy, born in Cleveland and have many family ties to Ohio. Don't really like nigger ball but Lebron brought us a 'ship so I'll watch them in the finals. Love the Tribe. Browns are just something to drink to on Sundays.

>Dallas Cowboys
Dad was raised in Dallas Texas and I grew up on Jason Witten and Tony Romo kicking ass.

>Arsenal
Three things: FIFA12, first fifa game and I really liked their crest so I chose them for manger mode. Ozil was my favorite player from the world cup so I loved when they signed him. PL gets shown the most in the states and I started watching any time the gunners were on.

>Phoenix Coyotes (now AZ Coyotes)
lived in AZ for some time and they were the only team in town I enjoyed.
>>
>>77671734
>the niggers of Uruguay

Nacional is the Ubermensch choice.
>>
>>77665017
Miami Dolphins because Dan "The Man" Marino was in Ace Ventura and was also a great player. Miami is also kinda close to my hometown. My choice was Dolphins or Saints. And because the logo was a dolphin and I loved animals as a kid. Still loyal because they're not you're fucking favorite if you switch around.

Atlanta Braves. Closest Baseball team. Chipper Jones was good and I thought being called Brave was awesome. Didn't make the Indian connotation even when you did the arm cleave and the tomahawk on the shirts. Stick with them because I live in Atlanta now and because still, you don't swap your favorites.

Dallas Mavericks for Basketball. a LOT of kids picked the Bulls because MJ and space jam not too long after. My dad's team was the Bulls but I liked the Dallas Mavericks. Why? simple. I have a SNES game and there was a player called Dumas on the team, so I always picked the Mavericks. I'd always use Kidd and Dumas. Still like them because I'm the dumb ass. 2011 was a good year.

Red Wings and Anaheim Ducks for Hockey. I was a kid when the Ducks became a thing and I liked the mighty ducks movies (and later cartoon) so it made sense to like them. The Detroit Red Wings were cool and my childhood friend used to live in Michigan and he said his dad played for them (99% sure that was a lie, don't remember a scarbrough player) but I came to cheer for them because my friend liked them.

Didn't get into soccer until I was much older. The only team I remembered the name of was Manchester United from the Road Trip movie. Since they were the only ream I was "familiar" with, I picked them as my favorite.

Roger Federer is my favorite Tennis Player because we share a first name. Arbitrary but fuck you. My favorite NCAA team is Ole Miss because I attended college there and was pals with some of the players. Didn't make the cut myself, but I still like them.
>>
>>77670143
who?????
>>
I was born in Whitby so I followed my local team like the rest of my family did.
>>
>>77671764
Floridaman, plz go
>>
too poor cuban immigrant in spain with 0 shekels to buy own clothes. get barça shirt from 1999 (in 2003), everyone says I'm a barça fan. I become a barça fan
>>
>>77665058
the los angeles angels are the white mans team
>>
>>77671734
What if your father didn't watch sports
>>
>Chicago Bears
From Chicago

>Tottenham Hotspur
They signed Clint Dempsey when I started watching soccer
>>
>>77671965
Then you were raised by a closet gay.
>>
>>77669898
People relentlessly bandwagon here in America. About 3/4 of people just chose either local team (if there are multiple its usually the one that was better when they were a kid) or their family team. Other 1/4 bandwagon furiously and are vocal about it
>>
File: Muh teams.png (214KB, 944x588px) Image search: [Google]
Muh teams.png
214KB, 944x588px
Explaining the image:

>Apehoop
When i started watching it was the Duncan - Robinson era and just love them... then Manu joins and more Spurs games where airing so i become a fan

>boreball
lol

>Handegg
lol

>College Sports
Graduate there and a couple of friends are playing in the Futsal team

>Footy

>Cerro
My granfather was cerrista, my dad is cerrista, my brother is cerrista, my whole family in my dad's side is cerrista... also in born, raised and live in Barrio Obrero

>Independiente
My mother is argie and fan of the Rojo, so pretty obvious as well

>Liverpoop
MUH ISTANBUL '05 LA.

>Shinter
Because of OP Adriano in Fifa '05

>Hockey
lol
>>
Local team, founded by italians like like me;
>>
>>77671999
trips of truth
>>
>>77665017
I touched my wiener to sports which ever one got my wee wee tingly was the best team ever
>>
>>77665017
I didn't know shit about soccer, about 5 years ago my close friend brought over fifa to teach me to play, he's played soccer and liked man u all his life, so he picked man city for me. He's happy to have someone to banter about soccer over but I'm sure he regrets his choice to pick man city for me on some level, even if his intention was that if I was going to become a fan it'd probably be of the first team I played as in fifa
>>
Real for memes
Don't really support any english teams but i watch a lot of the games, I just like the sport
Like watching manu, chelsea, spurs the most I guess
>>
>Gators
Born in Gainesville and raised nearby

>Bucs
Was a close run between the Jags and Bucs, but my dad is a Bucs fan (adopted them when he lived in Tampa becaus ehe dind't grow up near a team)

>Rays
See above

>Lightning
See above

>Orlando City
Nearest MLS team, plus aesthetic kits

>Celtic
Irish Catholic family

>West Ham
Started watching football in 06-07 and loved the drama of their escape
>>
File: GeorgeCostanza.jpg (46KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeCostanza.jpg
46KB, 394x370px
>supporting teams and not players
>>
My last name is literally Aleman
When i was a kid like 6-7 I would watch the champions league in spanish beacuse only cable channel that would play it.

In spanish Aleman means German, so when watching the champions league the commentators would say "El equipo Aleman" when talking about Bayern Munchen ,so as a 6 year old autist i got like "attached" because i felt somewhat connected to them.
Been a Bayern fan since 2001 (not customer cuz never bought any merch hehehe)

>find out like 15 years later that my last name originates from a germanic tribe that is definitely not Bavarian, and im only 20% germanic genes wise , and mostly italian.

>should have picked an italian team
>>
>>77671965
If you ask and Uruguayn, do you watch football, do you drink mate, do you eat dulce de leche, do you eat asado, 99.99999% of probabilities will be that the answer is yes.

If you for some kind of incredible luck of destiny are the son of a father that don´t watch football then your uncle or grandpa will do the honors if not you have your mother and if not and you already have the capacity of talk (not a baby anymore) some friend of kindergarten will do it.

There is no way out.
>>
Because chelsea were the only team competing with United at the time
>>
File: Beastmode.png (73KB, 534x629px) Image search: [Google]
Beastmode.png
73KB, 534x629px
>>77671649
What this guy said
>>
>>77665119
>>77665017

fucking reddit. reading those posts was physically uncomfortable
>>
>>77669977
Nice digits
>>
>>77665119
What does the gold star mean?
>>
I got caught up in the anti-Spurs shitposting so much after they lost to Newcastle that I became a Spurs fan.
>>
>>77672636

it means he posted a politically correct and non offensive post that was about him
>>
If you support a team that is not your local team you are a filthy degenerate. No better than a female "supporter".
>>
>>77669977

>quad dubs

today is a blessed day, a golden day.
>>
>>77672636
you can buy someone on reddit "reddit gold"
you literally give money to reddit just to basically give a "super upvote"
>>
>>77669977
pakis on full blast, a broadside of dubs
>>
>>77671732
yea since the beginning
>>
My dad wasn't a sports fan and I didn't have any NFL teams in NY state, so I picked the Patriots on a whim in 97 because they were the underdog going into the superbowl.
>>
File: 1488132700231.png (9KB, 341x357px) Image search: [Google]
1488132700231.png
9KB, 341x357px
>>77672790
>no teams in NY state
>picks boston
filthy bandwagoner just like every patriots fan
>>
>>77672876
That was supposed to be "my". I live in New Mexico. Closest fanbases are Dallas and Denver, both are disgusting.
>>
>>77666423
wtf i'm a spurs fan now
>>
>>77672942
Arizona
>>
>>77665537
>>77667316
explain the pic.
isn't he the singer of radiohead?
>>
>>77673097
They're close too, but they don't have a presence here. Plus i was going through a nationalist phase at the time, so the Patriots seemed like a good fit even though i didn't know much about football.
>>
>football
Spurs have always been the closest premier league team to me

>ice hockey
had a couple of mates from toronto back on some gaming forum 10 years ago who supported the leafs so i thought fuck it i will too
>>
>>77673121
he hates the song creep and thinks pablo honey is their weakest album
>>
File: SPFC.jpg (82KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SPFC.jpg
82KB, 1600x1200px
>>77665017
My brother always said that I was a bandwagoner when I was a kid, that I would root for the winning team whichever that team was. I honestly don't remember that, but I also don't remember why I chose São Paulo.
>>
>>77672261
why are you in iraq
>>
>>77672636
JUEDEN
>>
>>77671664
How's Arselel the weeb team?
>>
>>77671956
Not anymore, spics have taken over OC too.
>>
>supporting teams and not sponsors
I really couldn't care less about a team's history or location, I support all Fly Emirates teams
>>
File: sport.jpg (70KB, 736x815px) Image search: [Google]
sport.jpg
70KB, 736x815px
/copalib/ told me to
>>
>>77665555
>posting in spic
deportation needed
>>
File: theGOAT.jpg (207KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
theGOAT.jpg
207KB, 1000x667px
They had a lot of Irish players back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
>>
I support Olympiacos
And I like:
Manchester United ever since that fucking final in 99 ( blew my 7 year old mind)
And athletic from Spain
>>
>>77665017
Thunder because my state finally got a pro sports team

Cowboys because they're the closest NFL team

Sooners because I went to college at OU
>>
Just picked one i guess
>>
They're my local team, suppose I fit the stereotype of having an Irish name and went to a Catholic school
>>
>>77665017
If you mean EPL, I had an English friend who was Man U so I supported his stuff. That being said I don't care much about EPL.
>>
if you are american you are a bandwagonner
>>
i support whatever team cristiano ronaldo is playing
>>
>>77675541
Guess if I had to pick an EPL team it would be Man City since I went to a game at Etihad. I don't really care though.
>>
I support my local 6th tier side. Nothing else to say
>>
>>77673540
t.nordestino
>>
Proximity.
>>
Live East of San Diego so the Chorgers and Dads were my teams for the longest time not only because of proximity, but also because they were my father and grandfather's teams.

I studied at SDSU so the Aztecs are my NCAA squad.

Studied in Monterrey, Mexico while in college and took on the Rayados as my Liga MX teams.

Was considering jumping on board with the Galaxy, but the Chorgers relocation to LA made every other LA team toxic for me, so I am hoping MLS gives SD the time it needs to pass it's proposal for an MLS expansion.

Following the Chorgers departure to LA, they collectively died in my book. I am a man without an NFL team to cheer for.

I've been trying to choose an EPL club to follow, but have yet to come across a solid reason that doesn't feel plastic AF.
>>
I'm a Beckham Fanboy so Milan, Manchester United and Real Madrid. Really stuck with ManU because of Rooney and the rest of the lads but then Ronaldo showed up on the scene and became my new Beckham and I was extremely excited when he signed for Real. Now I'm having the most fun TSSSSUUU-posting and watching the GOAT destroy the UCL. I'm gunna start following the Seríe A since Milan has some depth
>>
Celta Vigo and Porto, dads family is galician
>>
>>77675230
alan hansen is sexy
>>
>>77665017

in the most faggoty way ever

i watched a movie called Vicky Christina Barcelona and liked it for some reason, even tho i dont watch chick flicks. it was filmed in barcelona and i thought the city was really comfy looking. at the same time i wanted to get into a different sport other than the big 4 in america, well turns out Barca also had the best football team in the world at the time, so i figured what the hell, i like barcelona now. fuck it. messi

american didnt grow up with soccer at all, that shit was for little girls, so its not like i had a home team i was gona root for. so no matter what, i was never going to be a "true" fan of any soccer team anyway so i figured if i was destined to be a fair weather fan I might as well accept it and just get on the badwagon.

no regrets to this day but i like other teams too like dortmund and the top epl teams. if i had to buy a jersey it would probably be Aubameyang, its a nice shade of yellow
>>
tim howard
>>
>>77675843
I'm Paulista tho, from the interiorrrrr.
>>
>>77676467
is this reddit pasta?
>>
File: CAYhZ2uWcAAbHzN[1].jpg (28KB, 600x358px) Image search: [Google]
CAYhZ2uWcAAbHzN[1].jpg
28KB, 600x358px
I started following Stoke because they used to have some American players a few years back. I also liked Pulisball and HUTH.
>>
Rate my life choices, spee

>EPlel
Liverpoo

>Lel Liga
Barcelona

>Serie A
Milan

>France
PSG, cause Raí, Ronladinho and other brazilians were idols before the team became a brand.

>Germany
Werder Bremen
>>
>>77665017
i look at who has the most trophies
im a bayern, madrid and united fan
>>
>>77666423
Source on this bunda.
>>
i never felt the need to have a reason for watching the football club i do because i already follow the hockey and baseball teams my entire family likes. so i just followed whoever i wanted to.
>>
My Dad went to his first Giants game in '64 and has had season tickets since the 1970s. I was born into it.
>>
>>77665648
Not Valencia, kys
>>
http://web.archive.org/web/20040523003304/http://www.buccaneers.com/av/flashintros.aspx?year=
These
>>
>>77665017

I went with the closest teams to me at the time
>>
Every Boston team cause Dad supports them since Grandpa was from there.

For soccer, honestly did muh heritage but still no idea what German club.
>>
Atlanta Falcons, always have but not sure why. I think it's because I thought Falcons were badass as a kid. Now (~25 years later) I'm diehard. Last season was a heart breaker.

Liverpool because Harry Kewell and I love the clubs ways, mottos, culture etc. tough times these days..

Don't give a shit about basketball or baseball

And of course I support my local teams, newcastle knights and Newcastle jets.
..also tough times. Really tough times.
>>
>>77665017
was this an illsbreh joke?
>>
File: 1447318539745.png (68KB, 314x203px) Image search: [Google]
1447318539745.png
68KB, 314x203px
>>77665017
i follow which ever team (((they))) tell me to
>>
>>77680144
nah i typed that out
go ahead and pasta tho its true story
>>
My dad was an Ajax fan, so I became Feyenoord fan. Then we went out of the country for several years, lost interest in Dutch club football. Got into cycling for a while, then moved back and have been supporting my local 2nd tier side ever since. Love see Ajax lose though.
>>
>football

Hull city because its where I'm from

>rugby league

Hull KR because it's where I'm from

>cricket

Yorkshire because it's where I'm from

>other sports

Don't care
>>
File: southendunitednow.jpg (86KB, 709x709px) Image search: [Google]
southendunitednow.jpg
86KB, 709x709px
viva la shrimpers
local team and i got to watch this live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFysv6je59M

fun fact: freddie eastwood was a gypsy who stayed with his trusted caravan while playing pro football, and on some saturdays you'd see him pulling his horse in a field as a warm up for the days game
what a guy
>>
>FC Nantes
Lived there when I started getting into footy

>FC Barcelona
Went there several times a year since I was a child because my parents have a house there, and we went to see several games with my dad, who also supported the team forever.
>>
I was born and the town I grew up in had a football team.
>>
>>77682993

>not supporting Hull Stingers wheelchair basketball team

Filthy casual
>>
>>77683110
>tfw got to see Southend fans destroy one of our advertising hoardings when Morecambe beat them 3-1 on the last day and denied them automatic promotion

You got up via the playoffs (rather you than Wycombe) but that game was great. Some of your fans had charted a private jet to get up here just to see it.
>>
Coventry City. My best friend supports them because they were our local Premier League side. I would have supported Diamonds as I'm minutes from the old stadium (not any more) but they shit the bed and pissed off.
>>
>>77665017
me dad bought me ss nazio kit when i was 5
>>
>Football
Leicester
>Rugby
Leicester
>Cricket
Leicestershire

Apparently our basketball team are pretty good too, but who gives a fuck about basketball.
>>
>>77665017
I hate some people, man.
>>
>>77665017
>>77665119
>>77668681
Yanks really do never fail to disappoint
>>
>>77668749
There are innumerable teams with stripes you vapid cunt
>>
>>77665017
Mum grew up in the midlands, dad grew up in Glasgow. So West Brom for english football and Rangers for Scot football.

It's been a fun ride.
>>
>>77680778
AT native here, appreciate the support. And yeah, it still hurts. Genuinely felt like my gf broke up with me right before my grandma died.
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.