[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NYC Sports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0774.jpg (154KB, 750x747px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0774.jpg
154KB, 750x747px
Sup fags, im moving to NYC this fall and I'm gunna start following all 4 sports from now on.

What can I expect from each team in each sport? Do they all suck right now? I hear the Giants are the closest to bringing us a championship
>>
Starting with the most promising:
Your info about the Giants is correct. Eli and OBJ are doing work on that team. Their postseason performance was disappointing, but hopefully they can get it together.
Yankees are pretty good. They've got a long way to go to catch the Red Sox, but they're squarely in contention for a wildcard spot. If they don't make the post season, they've got plenty of young guys on the team and great prospects coming up in the future.
Rangers' small championship window is closing as Hank ages. Not to mention their division is the defacto Thunderdome of the NHL this season with the Penguins, Capitals, and Blue Jackets.
Islanders are alright. They finished toward the middle of the aforementioned Thunderdome last season. But they're at a bit of a weird crossroads. Tavares hits the UFA market after this season, so If the management can't offer him a monster contract (saw somewhere that he is asking for more than 9 mil already), he'll probably leave and the team will have to rebuild. Not to mention their whole Barclays Center debacle.
Mets are not good. They have almost no shot at the post season, 18 games back from the Nationals.
Knicks are not good. If Anthony ends up getting traded, the management will likely blow up the team and start a rebuild over the next couple seasons.
Nets are not good. Lin is coming out of injury though, so this could be a turning point for them.
Jets are not good.
>>
>>77659016
Please don't root for the jets. You will regret it
>>
>>77660352
Is it weird to support both teams in the same sport or do most people pick 1 and fight with the other teams fans? I was gunna go for Nets, Yankees, Rangers and Giants.
>>
>>77659016
if you live in queens, you have to follow the mets and the jets. if you live in the bronx you have to follow the yankees. if you live in brooklyn you're a disgusting hipster and should probably just kys.
>>
>>77660681
Yes that is pretty weird. If you have no particular allegiances at the moment, just flip a coin. Who cares. Just don't be one of those bandwagoners who switches fandoms as the team's success changes.
>>
>>77660764
But anon, Brooklyn used to be queens in a sense. Your putting fucking bedstuy and Williamsburg as the entire borough.
>>
>>77659016
>Sup fags
cringe
do americans actually talk like this
>>
>>77660878
sup fag
>>
File: Mano de dios.png (392KB, 2548x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Mano de dios.png
392KB, 2548x1036px
>>77660878
Toca de aca pirata.
>>
>>77660866
thats because there's no middle in brooklyn
either its millionaires in park slope or poorest of poor in brownsville
and places like brownsville arent even worth mentioning because no one in their right mind would move there
>>
>>77661405
dont forget the odd yuppie and the dime-a-dozen meme-tier hipster
>>
>>77660764
mfw I live like 10 minutes from Citi Field but is a Yankees fan my whole life
>>
Yankees, Giants, Rangers, Knicks - don't torture yourself with tier 2 teams (ignoring the fact that the Knicks suck now, they're a much bigger franchise)
>>
>>77659016
Giants are closest to championship, then its Rangers then Yankees. If the Mets stopped being injured and David Wright actually came back then they would be equal with the Yankees. Islanders are mediocre, everyone else sucks
>>
File: IMG_8172.jpg (21KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8172.jpg
21KB, 251x201px
If you like hockey pls b islander fan
They're gonna be really good this year, then they probably will move arenas cause they play in the barclays center and the BC is pretty fucking shit for hockey but anyway the tickets are super cheap like 10-25$ ", for the rangers they charge 85-200 evrry fucking game even for pointless ones and the funny part is they absolutely suck, they are like the knicks. Isles hockey is pretty comfy, chill people and most of them are from Long island so they love trump n shit. john tavares is the captain. Also, our alternate jerseys are the best in the league
>>
From what I've observed, there are primarily two types of New York fans.

Type 1: Yankees, Giants, Rangers, Knicks
Type 2: Mets, Jets, Islanders, Nets

Exceptions are limited. Type 1 fans generally gravitate to the favorite or more popular team and Type 2 pull for the underdogs.
>>
File: 1490887381794.jpg (68KB, 624x657px) Image search: [Google]
1490887381794.jpg
68KB, 624x657px
>>77659016
>>77667230
We'll be taking Tavares off your hands and become the golden state warriors of the NHL next year so I'd avoid becoming an Islanders fan.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.