[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT, biggest wastes of god given talent.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: naseem.jpg (121KB, 634x687px) Image search: [Google]
naseem.jpg
121KB, 634x687px
ITT, biggest wastes of god given talent.
>>
how did naz waste his talent? only one loss, made millions and mostly easy opponents
>>
>>77637150
A totally unnecessary loss that was the result of not training which was all part of a sustained pattern of laziness and extravagant living which caused him to retire at 28. He could have been getting mentioned in the everyday discussion alongside Ali or Mayweather or Sugar Ray as the greatest of all time.
>>
File: images (11).jpg (20KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
20KB, 313x470px
>>
>>77637278

Come on m8, I love Naz and he was the first to get me into boxing as a kid, but his style was always flawed. I think with the right application he would have given a better performance against Barrera but ATGs like him, Morales and Pacquiao would have always picked him apart
>>
>>77637622
That's what I'm saying. In terms of god given talent, only a handful of people have ever stepped into the ring with his kind of innate athleticism and overall boxing sense. He just didn't work hard enough to hone that talent. Most of his style was him relying on freakish natural speed, power, and reflexes, and that laziness kept him from both conditioning to be ready for Barrera and honing the fundamentals of his craft to the levels that could have made him GOAT tier.
>>
>>77637712
Agreed.
>>
>retired at 28

The right age desu

He probably avoided some serious CTE over absolutely worthless fights
>>
File: naz.jpg (275KB, 758x960px) Image search: [Google]
naz.jpg
275KB, 758x960px
>>77639151

rumours are he's making a comeback at heavyweight
>>
>>77637622
He went into the Barrera fight with an injured back (couldn't do the rope flip), out of shape because he didn't take the camp seriously and his hands were shots to pieces by that point.
>>
>>77639189
BWAHAHAHAHAHA

looks like any fucking paki now

good for him desu
>>
>>77639228

barrera only beat him by fighting dirty.
>>
>>77639189

more like a comeback to the buffet line
>>
didnt that guy use to do a backflip on the ropes after winning
>>
bullshit thread, if you've heard of them, talent's not wasted. ppl mention tomic or gulbis in tennis bc tey're not trying. but those dudes are already millionares and just don't give a shit.
>>
>>77639151

he was also at a pretty low weight and was having hand injuries.

Low weight classes retire pretty early.

Def not a waste, probably could have a few other big fights in america if he was more disciplined but I think his body wouldn't have allowed it anyways.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
If he just cared enough to be professional...
>>
Rooney. If he'd applied himself like Ronaldo did he could have been one of the GOATs. Instead he was off drinking Stella and shagging grannies every summer
>>
>>77636795
He's a fat cunt now
>>
>>77637339
Could he have been the greatest of all time???
>>
File: 1502431311002.jpg (100KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502431311002.jpg
100KB, 1920x1080px
>>77636795
Berbatov and Arshavin
>>
>>77643825
fuck I kek'd
>>
>>77636795
Stupid post. He was exposed by the first competent boxer he fought and retired one fight later. He got the most out of his "talent".
>>
>>77644397
>He was exposed by the first competent boxer he fought and retired one fight later
Typical pleb response.
He beat a few good names and lost to one of the greatest Mexican boxers of all time.
>>
>>77636795
he was absolute garbage and a fucking piece of shit. try harder ahmed.
>>
Naseem's in ring attitude represents everything wrong with the human race. I was glad when he was beaten
>>
File: 200px-Ike160064011.jpg (16KB, 200x311px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Ike160064011.jpg
16KB, 200x311px
>>
>>77637278
>He could have been getting mentioned in the everyday discussion alongside Ali or Mayweather or Sugar Ray as the greatest of all time.

The american media would never allow it. Forget abous Naseem, you should be more upset over the way Joe Calzaghe and Lennox Lewis' stellar careers have been swept under the rug when discussing all time greats simply because they weren't from the USA.
>>
>>77637278
wait, are you saying serious naz could've beaten prime barerra?
>>
>>77643820
Nah Barrera school'd him then roughed him after after naz tried to do his cocky antics
>>
File: No time for this shit.jpg (241KB, 1357x766px) Image search: [Google]
No time for this shit.jpg
241KB, 1357x766px
>>
>>77636795
I'm gonna go old school here, but Mickey Mantle is the classic example. Was commonly said in his day (and even more decades after) to be the most naturally gifted baseball player that ever lived, but he basically put 0 effort into practice/training and was always seen as not being half the player he could have been.
>>
>>77644274
>Berbatov

I've never seen someone so talented give as little a shit about anything as this guy.
>>
>>77645246

>headbutts
>wrestling moves
>nas injured
>still only won on points

and nas didn't make excuses afterwards. he is a pussy for not accepting a rematch and basically retiring though.
>>
>>77645159
lol, bad post. he was just ridiculously crazy. listen to the hbo boxing podcast about him, was a scary guy. and not even a "he's a good boxer" scary but "homeless guy screaming the middle of traffic" scary
>>
Quaresma.
>>
Balotelli :'(

he got style, power, speed, he scores. But he never studied football so he can't do a proper offensive movement. But he's learning at Nizza. We'll see.
>>
File: 58643dd7f5bcb114d72d5309_o_U_v2.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
58643dd7f5bcb114d72d5309_o_U_v2.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>77645159
>Ibeabuchi completed his sentence in the Nevada Department of Corrections. However, Ibeabuchi was moved in Nevada to first to the Washoe County Jail on February 28, 2014, and then transferred by United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to the Eloy Detention Center in Eloy, Arizona.[5]

>Ibeabuchi was released by USCIS in November 2015 as a free man when Nigeria declined to provide travel documents. Ibeabuchi enlisted the help of Mike Koncz, an adviser of Manny Pacquiao, in an attempt to make a boxing comeback. In good health, Ibeabuchi hoped to fight his first comeback bout in the near future, but was waiting to resolve his immigration and United States citizenship status with USCIS first. His green card and citizenship papers were applied for in good standing and in order.[6] However, in April 2016, Ibeabuchi was arrested for violating conditions of his probation in Gilbert, Arizona.[7]

>Ibeabuchi, who remains on lifetime probation in the State of Arizona, failed to begin a required treatment program.

Jeez what a stupid nigger. His fight with Tua was GOAT though.
>>
>>77645185
This. Lewis is terribly underrated in the states. If you want to talk about a waste of talent, let's talk about Shannon Briggs. And, to an extent, Bowe. Funny how you can be undisputed champ in your lifetime but still not reach you full potential. But that's what happened to Bowe.
>>
>>77646355
he's just chronically lazy
>>
>>77647456
People always shit on Lewis when he's arguably the GOAT heavyweight H2H.

>g-glass jaw
>ducked r-ruiz and byrd
>p-prime tyson would have d-destroyed lewis!!!!
>Vitali was w-winning till he lost!
>>
>>77647969
>glass jaw
They obviously never saw his fights against Bruno, Mercer, Klitschko, and others where he took clean shots but didn't hit the canvas. The glass jaw is a myth.
>ducked Ruiz
Lewis could take Ruiz, no problem. I'm glad the fight didn't happen - Don King could have arranged another controversy like the ref's early stoppage in the first McCall fight.
>prime Tyson
Once, JUST ONCE, I want to see someone make the argument that Tyson is GOAT without saying the words "prime," "if" or "Cus died too early."
>Vitali was winning on points
So were the Falcons for most of the super bowl. Somehow that doesn't detract from the Patriot's win.

If you watch Lewis's fights on YouTube, it is unreal what the American commentators say versus what the European commentators say. It's like they are watching two separate fights. I agree, head to head, Lewis is arguably GOAT against any boxer, any era. But since his style is more calculated than fast and violent, he can't get much attention.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.