[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The NL should adopt the Designated Hitter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: woofwooftip.jpg (378KB, 1368x912px) Image search: [Google]
woofwooftip.jpg
378KB, 1368x912px
>The NL should adopt the Designated Hitter
>>
>>77548528
me in the top right
>>
File: fedora dog.jpg (385KB, 721x721px) Image search: [Google]
fedora dog.jpg
385KB, 721x721px
>Letting the pitcher have one free out is strategy
>>
stickswing ain't sport
>>
>>77554694
Austria ain't country
>>
>>77548552
The strategy is dealing with the increase in pressure to pull your pitcher for an offensive benefit. But I'm sure you knew that.
>>
Cricket should have a designated shitter.

Because indians
>>
>>77548528
>the 7th inning stretch is racist
>>
>>77554694
It's called luck swing faggot
>>
Your choices are
>fat lardass who is a few donut binges from being clinically disabled
>some guy with clearly no skill level to be doing it
How about neither and 8 man lineups?
>>
wait a second i thought teams that had both pitchers pitching and hitters hitting? teams don't actually have hitters, you have to do both?
>>
>>77558481
what?
>>
>>77558481
American League gets a Designated Hitter position so that the pitchers don't have to bat, it's just someone off the bench that doesn't go out to field.
>>
>>77558738
i thought in baseball teams you had players that used the bat (hitters) and other guys doing the pitching. is this not true? pitchers are also hitters/batters/whatever?
>>
>>77558768
You field your position, you hit, and if you're a pitcher in the NL, you pitch and hit. In the AL, they have a Designated Hitter instead that only hits in the pitcher's slot.
>>
File: Knitler.jpg (29KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
Knitler.jpg
29KB, 500x313px
>>77548528
Initially Read that as Designated Hitler. Kind of disappointed now.
>>
>>77558832
>and if you're a pitcher in the NL, you pitch and hit. In the AL
wait there are different rules between the two? what happens in the world series then?
>>
>>77558880
Goes by whoever has home field. If it's in the American League team's field, you use a DH. If in the NL field, no DH.
>>
pitchers need to man the fuck up and start taking some BP
>>
File: uUbr1S7.jpg (97KB, 1226x1075px) Image search: [Google]
uUbr1S7.jpg
97KB, 1226x1075px
>>77558896
ah i see. seems like the dh would be an advantage, but i don't know

basically everything i know about baseball comes from some old baseball game i had
>>
>>77558941
It's sort of an advantage for the NL teams in the World Series actually because their pitchers have more experience hitting. Doesn't hurt them to toss another hitter in as a DH really.
>>
>>77558941
It's an advantage from a pure batting standpoint but kind of a bullshit rule that they enacted back when some big name sluggers in the AL were getting too old and fat to play the field, and pitchers are traditionally light hitters.
>>
>>77558941
It's also comedy gold when in the rare cases that an American League pitcher bats, he hits a homer. There's usually about one a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaxX1PElHyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0x2offg6k
>>
>>77558952
The AL has beat the NL in interleague play every single year since 2003 or 4. The only glaring difference between the two is the DH rule.
>>
>>77558952
It's a clear advantage for the AL because they roll out an actually good hitter in the DH spot unlike some random bench guy that DHs for the NL.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.