[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Excessive Punching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: GentlemanLike.png (15KB, 390x279px) Image search: [Google]
GentlemanLike.png
15KB, 390x279px
This is like telling the track runners to not run too fast because it'll make the others look bad.
Can someone please explain this to me?

Source: http://www.goldengloves.com.au/index.html
>>
>The focus of boxing isn't knocking down somebody

We're reaching new levels of 1984 here
>>
'excessive punching' leads to knock-outs, which these blokes don't seem to fancy. looks like they focus on defensive, point-based boxing.
>>
>>77546478
Isn't the goal, as stated in the comment above, to knock someone down using skill in many areas, speed and force?

Is this just a different type of boxing more catered toward a different demographic?
>>
>>77546571
>Isn't the goal, as stated in the comment above, to knock someone down using skill in many areas, speed and force?
not according to these people i guess. scroll up on their page and they describe boxing as
>the art of self-defence through utilisation of the fists.
throughout their website it's clear they very much oppose knocking someone out (in the sport), because it increases chances of brain damage and death.
>>
>>77546631
so what's a match between these cunts like? Only light jabs, hide in their respective corners?
If you can't defend yourself you shouldn't be in the ring
>>
>>77546754
>If you can't defend yourself
it's their focus though
>the art of self-defence
>>
>>77546631
thanks for clearing this up, I guess the athletes going into this sport don't know the risks it involves. Lol...
>>
>>77546408
Because unlike American Golden Gloves this appears to be more of a fun and fitness focuesed casual boxing organization (like Tae Bo or Jazzercise) as opposed to a league for serious amatuer competition.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.