[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Golf Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: cure-your-slice-killen.jpg (591KB, 2144x1745px) Image search: [Google]
cure-your-slice-killen.jpg
591KB, 2144x1745px
Any golfers here got tips for fixing a slice or fade?
>>
>>77475828
Watch youtube videos

>keep the face closed
>swing in to out

That's basically it
>>
>>77475828
Try hitting it straight.

Be more specific since they are caused by different things.
>>
>>77475828
Have you ever played ping pong? Think about the spin you put on the ball. Inside to out swing.
Also, a general tip, really slow down on the first part of the backswing.
>>
>>77475828
stop playing golf.
>>
>>77478541
>being poor
>>
File: spiethohno.jpg (102KB, 1200x681px) Image search: [Google]
spiethohno.jpg
102KB, 1200x681px
>>77475828
90% of the time, that can be helped by slowing down your swing.
>>
hit the ball better
>>
>>77475828
It's probably in your backswing. Assuming you're a right-hander, keep your right elbow pinned to your side during your backswing. Don't let it fly away from your body.
>>
Slow everything down.
Make sure your hips are getting through before your hands are.
Make sure face is not open or closed during impact.
Make sure you're not falling over or leaning backwards.
Make sure you're taking the club back on the right arc and not just picking it up.

To be honest, it's best to just have one of those pro sessions where the guy looks at your swing for like 30 mins and does an analysis and sends you that.
>>
>>>/asp/
>>
>>77475828
Why do people make out a slice is a bad thing I naturally slice just adjust your stance to compensate the slice, so retarded to change your natural form if you hit the ball a distance well.
>>
File: SHP_01.webm (321KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
SHP_01.webm
321KB, 480x480px
Most of the people here already gave you the correct answers. And there are thousands of videos on youtube. When I first started playing I sliced everything, now I never do. Things I did:

-Stronger grip (hands turned more to the right on the grip)

-Light grip pressure. Gripping too tightly won't allow the club to naturally release and turn over.

-Moved ball position back some. If the ball is too far forward, the club will be traveling left by the time you make contact with the ball.

-Fixed my takeaway. If you snatch your takeaway too far inside, you'll have no choice but to come over the top during the downswing.

-Right arm/elbow tucked very close to my body. Forces me to turn with my body on the backswing and not just all arms. Poor body turn prevents you from hitting from with a proper in-to-out path.

I also took a couple of lessons. They really help. Find an instructor in the area that uses a good launch monitor and video. You absolutely need video to see how your swing looks at different phases of the golf swing.
>>
File: angry pepe.png (290KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
angry pepe.png
290KB, 680x680px
>>77475828
>golf
>/sp/
>>
Keep knees bent and rotate. Don't sway back and forth.
Also slow down so you can feel your movement better.
Pause for half a second at the top of your swing while practicing.
>>
>>77475828
1. Stop bending your left elbow when swinging. Keep that arm straight as you can
2. Bend your knees like you're a linebacker
3. Imagine there is a pane of glass on your head and you can't break through it

Congratulations, you now have a sub 100 score on 18
>>
>>77479084
You can let the elbow come out as long as it's still pointed downward
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.