[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the NHL trying to force this irrelevant sport onto us?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: dsf.jpg (27KB, 400x400px)
dsf.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
Why is the NHL trying to force this irrelevant sport onto us?
>>
Because you have monies.
>>
>>77451614
All the people with money (aka white people) live out in the burbs.

The only way we'd get mexicans interested in this sport is if you include a green card with season ticket purchases.
>>
>>77451605
Because winnipeg couldn't afford their team with leafbucks, so you get them. It may have cost you years of shit but auston matthews came out of it
>>
>>77451679
A frozen envelope would have saved this franchise from obscurity. Its not like the yotes didn't have good chance at the no.1 pick that year.
>>
>>77452090
Practically, but there's hope. This is the last season in glendale and possibly in arizona because seattle wants a team. Stephan is a good player, and raanta should be a nice goaltender. Only concern is the youth, but a playoff run is a must
>>
>>77452129
I want to cuck seattle out of a team so I guess I hope they stay now.
>>
>>77451605
don't worry, give it two years and they will be the Seattle Coyotes
>>
>>77452129
The problem is that the Tempe arena fell through and the Yotes only have 1 year left on the lease in Glendale. Seattle can't approve and build an arena in less than 2 years unless the NHL lets them play in >Keyarena or the 6000-seater in Kent

My guess is the Coyotes just sign a pity contract to stay for another 3 years while Seattle builds their arena
>>
>>77452584
I think the flames or Canes are more likely to move at this point. Barroway is 100% committed to the Valley. Going as far to push AHL to Tucson.
>>
>>77452838
Canes have a new owner, they're staying
Burke is memeing like he always does, the city will have to cave in eventually
>>
>>77452838
Mark Davis was 100% committed to Oakland for years
Kroenke said he wanted the Rams to stay St. Louis at one point
At his first press conference, Clay Bennett said he wanted to ensure the Sonics stay in Seattle.

always take the owner's word with a grain of salt in these situations. Barroway is not committed to anyone but himself and his bottom line. Until the Coyotes get a new stadium in Arizona, fans should be concerned. They were one vote away from relocating to Seattle in 2013, and the arena landscape has only gotten worse since then.
>>
Coyotes would probably be more successful in Tucson at this point
>>
Put a winning team on the ice and people will come. It happened with the Cardinals and D-Backs.

'Zona has a lotta fair weather fans and snowbirds, most people who live here already have a favorite team that aren't the coyotes, a couple winning seasons in a well located area would probably put them in the middle of the pack in terms of attendance and I think the new ownership group sees that. I'm hoping that another team close by in VGK will help form a rivalry but I don't know. We sold out during the 2012 play-off run, so that has to count for something.
>>
>>77451605

What is Auston Matthews.

>>77452838

The Canes got a new owner and part of the purchase was a guarantee that the Canes would stay in Carolina, don't know how long that deal last too though.

The Flames aren't leaving Calgary, it's just posturing to get a new stadium, the city looks like the only real candidate to apply for the 2026 olympics so there's a good chance they'll get it.

Arizona is much more likely to move, low attendance, continued mediocrity, and a stadium in the wrong suburbs. The only real reason to stay is that Phoenix is one of the fastest growing cities in America. Does it matter if no one cares about your team though?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.