[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good was he really, /sp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Rocky-Marciano.jpg (30KB, 333x450px) Image search: [Google]
Rocky-Marciano.jpg
30KB, 333x450px
How good was he really, /sp/?
>>
He was the World's Heavyweight Champion.
>>
>>77349122
Yeah but was he really good or just ok?
>>
>>77349138
you mean, if he was elite or shit?
>>
>>77349150
I mean I'm sure he wasnt shit but looking up his record he seemed to always fight in the same place against literal whos.
>>
>>77349138
he wasn't the most techically gifted desu
>>
>>77349116
he was good maybe even great, but not elite
>>
He beat Joe Louis's ass.
>>
According to Joe Rogan he was a fraud who had mafia ties and the majority of his opponents were paid to take a dive
>>
>>77349876
>Of goomba descent
>he must have mafia ties!
das racis
>>
>>77349166

...Anonymous
07/29/17(Sat)01:12:55 No.77349888
>>77349166 #
Charles and Archie Moore are GOATs you casual. I bet you don't even read Harry greb newspaper articles
>>
>>77349893
Well Rogan knows his fighting history so I trust him
>>
Beat up some past prime greats in a weak era but he was the last white American HW champ so old boxing fedoras suck his dick
>>
>>77349893
Obviously time and place is also factors not just his heritage.
>>
>>77349116
Best fighter during a time of weak competition. Still a Top 3 Heavy Weight of all time.

49-0
>>
>>77349116
Fought nothing but boxcar willies. Was the original padded boxing record can crusher who ushered in the era of record protecting competition avoiding pussies. The 2,000th ranked heavyweight in the early 1990s KOs him in round 1.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>77349869
>>
>>77352924
>top 3
try top 100
>>
Excuse Me Negroid, Do You Have a Moment to Talk About Our GOAT and Champion Rocky Marciano?
>>
>>77353256
na, top 30 works
>>
Better than Mayweather.
>>
>rating athletes you've never seen live and/or have seen little to no footage of
>>
>>77349876
Joe Rogan is a 5'6" retard who has no opinions on anything or moral convictions besides "DUDE WEED"
All you need to know about Joe Rogan is that the more he talks the worse his podcast is
>>
He's the most overrated and yet most underrated Heavyweight champion of all time
>>
>>77353393
A David Beckham type?
>>
>>77353393
True
>>
>>77349116
He would have been btfo by Floyd Patterson.
>>
>>77353256
Comparing eras is a fool's exercise. Bigger, Faster, Stronger has been happening in sports for decades. Just because Foreman, Ali, Frazier, Tyson, Holyfeild, or a hundred other fighters could beat him in their times doesn't mean Marciano wasn't the best of his day and is an all time great.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.