[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/180/: BETVICTOR WORLD MATCHPLAY DAY 6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 16

The real matches kick off in the World Matchplay from the Winter Gardens in Blackpool as the quarter final stage sees the winning post lengthened to a scarcely believable SIXTEEN legs! In a tournament that has seen 11 seeds exit, tonight's matches see the 3rd and 7th seeds aiming to avoid that fate in a four-nation display.

Our first quarter-final is a fixture that should have been seen at the Worlds just gone. Unfortunately on that occasion weebling wobbling Welshman Mark Webster had his opponent in check and eliminated Mensur Suljovic to produce a comedy gold last 16 tie with Daryl Gurney. The big chinned Ulsterman came of age on Tuesday with his sensational 11-9 victory over Gary Anderson to make the last 8 of the Matchplay for the first time, while the unorthodox Serbo-Austrian emerged victorious in the laborious struggle with the black hole of acceleration Justin Pipe. The Gentle has prior experience of the distance after his own R2 win over Gando 2 years ago, but the new found confidence of Superchin may prove to be too much for Suljovic.

The other quarter-final sees an East Anglian showdown with "Scottish" Suffolk clown Peter Wright playing Norfolk's funniest angry midget Darren Webster. Panto Pete returned to form with a crushing win over Spain's Cristo Reyes while Demolition Manlet sneaked past Steve West to make his first quarter-final appearance in the Empress Ballroom. Like the first semi-final, the seed has previous experience at this level having made the semis in 2015 and this stage last year; given Snakebite has a 9-2 record over his vertically-challenged opponent, a near-ton average will be needed for Webster to really put Wright under pressure.

Coverage starts from 7:00pm UK time on both new-look Sky Sports Main Event and Action channels.
>>
File: rape victim confronts attacker.jpg (74KB, 767x428px) Image search: [Google]
rape victim confronts attacker.jpg
74KB, 767x428px
>Tonight’s matches (Best of 31 legs)
CAN'T CENSOR THE MENSUR v Daryl "Sweet C4-line" Gurney
Snakeshite v Darren "Demolition Manlet" Webster

All matches must be won by 2 clear legs, with up to 5 extra legs played to decide a winner. If the match is tied after 5 extra legs, a final sudden death leg will be played.

>Day 5 roundup
https://www.pdc.tv/news/2017/07/26/betvictor-world-matchplay-night-five
>>
Here's a 10 minute interview with BIG MENS: https://twitter.com/OfficialPDC/status/890273940307922946
>>
>>77330443
>best of 31
>>
>>77330674
>you are now imagining Mensur-Pipe over that distance
>>
File: all_smiles.jpg (151KB, 463x704px) Image search: [Google]
all_smiles.jpg
151KB, 463x704px
>mfw /180/ again
>>
>>77331248
missed a load of madness
>>
And we're on now.
>>
>>77331275
Ye, I read the summaries of /180/ (shoutout to summarylad) today. Earlier rounds always make for some fun matches imo.
>>
>waffleboy
>>
File: CHILL_MAL.jpg (70KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
CHILL_MAL.jpg
70KB, 960x720px
Made it just in time. My fucking train was 1h40 late today. But when you come home to simply the Mens-walkon, everything is fine again!

>>77331248
Welcome back, Austriabro.
>>
SIMPLY THE BEST

GWAN BIG MENS

>>77331585
Thank you
>My fucking train was 1h40 late today
What the actual fuck, how did they explain it?
>>
>>77331585
Someone did an Enke?
>>
Lets see if Gurney can follow up on his win against Gando. I saw that Gando went out despite having the highest average in round 1 and 2 respectively. That's some bad luck, you really have to give credit to the chinlord for pulling this off.

>>77331616
>>77331643
Some traffic control centre went black, and my train had to pass through it. No Enke was pulled, though.
>>
Gj by Suljovic under pressure.
>>
what will be next season's Premier League?

MVG
Anderson
Wright
Lewis
Wade
Chisnall
van Barneleveld
Gurney
Huybrechts
Suljovic
>>
File: 1388257020547.jpg (261KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1388257020547.jpg
261KB, 1200x1200px
>>77331812
*appears on your radar*
>>
>>77331812
taylor on comms
>>
>>77331812

Mens isn't bothered about the Premier League, is he? Turned it down this year
>>
>>77331869
Said in an interview just a few days ago he wants to play in it.

I guess this year was too early for him.

Price will surely be included over Kimbo.
>>
LE D14 MAN!
>>
le D14 man
>>
some garbage darts thrown there by gurning
>>
DAAAARYL DAAAAAAAARYL
>>
>>77331945
I don't know if I am too harsh with judging him, but I can' stand Gurneys guts. He recently got involved with the crowd, and that gesture after the D7 again made me want to hit him in his face. He appears like a self-righteous prick to me. Sometimes there are guys you just don't like, for no real reason I guess. Still, you have to give him credit for beating Gando despite a solid performance from the Scotsman.

>>77331964
kek
>>
>missing /180/ due to new job

anything massive happen yesterday besides RVB bending over?
>>
is gurney a potato brit or a good catholic?
>>
>>77332071
chizzy-norris was great

lewis-cross was great as well

other two matches were walkovers
>>
>le angry looking surfer bro dude
>>
>>77332071
Cross looked really good yesterday against Aidey. Fatpot had to put on an almost flawless performance on his own legs to keep the youngster in check. Cross averaged a whopping 104 against Aideys 101, and still went out.
>>
THAT 146
>>
DAT FUCKING 146
>>
>146
DAYUM. And the pressure was on. Gurney is lit.
>>
>that pause before the lunge
lel
>>
>BOOO
>>
File: part gut.png (554KB, 714x402px) Image search: [Google]
part gut.png
554KB, 714x402px
>I'm fairly big myself
You don't say, John.
>>
This shit is RELENTLESS.
16-15 incoming
>>
Hit my first 180 yesterday lads, what a feeling it was!
>>
>>77332321
i have the same problem as bunt and panic with the third dart if the first two are in T20
>>
File: nibba.png (219KB, 625x337px) Image search: [Google]
nibba.png
219KB, 625x337px
what if you combined Gurney scoring with Suljovic finishing?
>>
File: 1433365413581.gif (962KB, 320x260px) Image search: [Google]
1433365413581.gif
962KB, 320x260px
this is gonna go all the way
>>
>superbin
Rubbish 3rd dart on the 48 attempt.
>>
LE D14 MAN!
>>
>>77332396
They need to have a baby.
>>
I hope Gurney's achievements get more Norn Iron youngsters into the PDC.

Brendan fucking Dolan is still the Ulster #2 for fuck's sake.
>>
Suljovic 100% participated in the Bosnian genocide. I can see it in his menacing celebrations
>>
Good Lord that 100.
>>
Oh fuck off
>>
Break
Break
>>
Surprised Mensur started with the bull on 84.

Worked though.
>>
>this leg
>>
Gurney's about as composed as the Northern Ireland government.
>>
turned into a shite match
>>
>>77332606
Gurney has to get himself together otherwise Mensur will gently grind him.
>>
File: 1409171829582.png (26KB, 637x436px) Image search: [Google]
1409171829582.png
26KB, 637x436px
kek
>>
Gurney making the leg incredibly difficult for himself.
>>
>Gurney you require 4
>>
>TWENTY FOUR legs played
>>
Can easily see this going into the extra legs.
>>
>>77332956
Or not.

Mensur's scoring has vanished.
>>
Great match that.
>>
RIP Mensur
>>
File: webster_upset.png (347KB, 357x346px) Image search: [Google]
webster_upset.png
347KB, 357x346px
Okay, so everyone I don't like starts a winning streak, I get it. Did I mention that I really HATE Webster? And for the worlds, I feel a really intense hate for Whitlock upcoming!
>>
File: bunt implies.png (57KB, 152x180px) Image search: [Google]
bunt implies.png
57KB, 152x180px
>>77333368
>And for the worlds, I feel a really intense hate for Whitlock upcoming!
>implying
>>
>his favorite d14
>cant miss d14!

was anything so obvious as he was gonna miss that
>>
>>77333413
>WADEY'S DEN, DOUBLE 10
>repeatedly misses it
>>
>clownman with a green and purple mohawk
thanks doc

>wearing donut trousers
Good thing he's not playing Aidey this year.
>>
Wright is the reason darts will never be an olympic sport
>>
Can't even ironically pretend to like him
>>
Never noticed that Wright is barely taller than Manlet.
>>
>the state of this opening leg
>>
>this first leg
>>
>43
inches tall
>>
>wright had 3 darts for 3-0
>hasn't won a leg since
>>
>snakeshite
>shitebite
>>
File: yeoldewhy.jpg (155KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
yeoldewhy.jpg
155KB, 323x454px
>mfw this goes for 30 legs as well
>>
>>77333963
If Clownman kicks into high gear the small man won't have a chance.
>>
Mon micro man!
>>
Wright has never been the same since fucking up the Premier League final.

>6 darts at a double to beat MVG

>he
>missed
>the
>lot
>>
>Struggling this hard against Midget Webster
The fuck is Wright up to?
>>
>>77334259
Midget is just too strong on his throw.

Clown has to break soon.
>>
Suck my tits if I'm wrong, but I'm afraid this the kind of game where you get your hopes up, but clown wins in the end anyway with a 2 or 3 leg difference.
>>
>Clownman is the World #3
>struggling to beat a guy ranked just inside the Top 32
This is embarrassing.
>>
File: phil taylor.jpg (59KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
phil taylor.jpg
59KB, 800x600px
>when you realise Taylor is the only thing that can stop MVGWINSLOL
We're in the bizarro timeline now.
>>
Huge last dart in hand 90.

Manlet going to be seething.
>>
File: he's had his little run.jpg (18KB, 264x328px) Image search: [Google]
he's had his little run.jpg
18KB, 264x328px
>>
>>77334683
>little
>>
>being whitewashed in a session by Clownman
>Manlet
>>
>Clown fucks up a 62 by missing two big numbers
>only have to get tops to break

>miss
>miss
>"1 scored"
Absolute fucking jobber.
>>
And that D16 closes a pair of semi-finals that really couldn't have been any more different if they tried.

Daryl Gurney made it to his third major semifinal after a well fought battle with Austria's Mensur Suljovic. The last three meetings between the pair ended 6-5 one way or the other, and it was that way early on; Mensur went two ahead three times in succession but Gurney pulled him back, levelling at 6-6 before a thunderous 146 to lead for the first time in 10 legs. Suljovic kept up and retook the lead at 9-8 on that favoured D14 before Superchin hit a big 100 to tie again at 9-9. The Gentle's experience of this stage looked to be the advantage as the Ulsterman struggled to take the lead, with the unorthodox Austrian winning 3 of the next 4. However, a very scrappy Gurney D2 for 11-12 changed the fixture entirely as Mensur's scoring disappeared completely. Superchin took complete advantage and claimed all but one of the next six legs to mark his complete transformation from the swaggering prick who embarrassed himself at Ally Pally to a genuine talent.

Peter Wright made it two semifinals in three years as a late burst won him a sketchy East Anglian derby with midget Darren Webster. A barely believable first leg saw a total of 13 doubles missed before Clownman checked out, but this didn't impact on Demolition Manlet as he claimed 3 of the next 4. Neither player could open up more than a 2-leg lead - a 101 from Wright for 6-6 the only real highlight - before the moment that turned the match in the World #3's favour: having been 11-9 ahead, Webster blew 3 for 12-9 and let Wright in on D18 to spark a 6 leg streak that saw Midget challenge, but his overall finishing rate of 28% to Wright's 41% cost him as he won just 1 more leg. Based on tonight's display, Wright will have to seriously improve to avoid getting pounded by Gurney.

The top half of the draw continues tomorrow with these QFs:

>Adrian Lewis v Alan Norris
>Michael van Gerwen v Phil Taylor

See you then.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.