[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sp/ BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 29

/sp/ BTFO
>>
>24 teams can't sell out their stadiums
>better expand into Wichita Falls!
>>
>washington getting another team when they already have the wizards
no way that state can support 2 teams
>>
>>77309422
This.

Unless he's expanding to Beijing or Buenos Aires, there's no point. Attendance is poor around the league.
>>
File: hgdtw.jpg (4KB, 215x215px) Image search: [Google]
hgdtw.jpg
4KB, 215x215px
>>77309423
Hopelly Amazon gets broken up (as it should) and Seattle gets BTFO. Fuck the NBA. The players should just dump all of the creeps and criminals who run the league and start their own player owned league. America would be behind them.
>>
It makes sense. NBA teams are worth around a billion dollars.

By adding a couple of teams it instantly increases the value of the NBA.
>>
>>77309390
>3/4 of the NBA teams can't sell out a playoff game
>let's expand

America is sick of your shit NBA. Maybe it will still play in like Silicon Valley, but the rest of the coun try is done with your shit.

It was over when they staged the Lebron gate incident.

The league is going to die.
>>
>>77309487
>hobbit mathematics
>>
I still /sp/ had enough fun back in the day when Kings didn't move to seattle, I don't think people care anymore at this point.
>>
>>77309487
>NBA teams are worth around a billion dollars.
kek. The league's business is as fake as the competition.

The NBA is CNN. It's all bullshit.
>>
>Xeattle
>>
File: images (4).jpg (7KB, 206x244px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
7KB, 206x244px
>>77309498
>It was over when they staged the Lebron gate incident

Yep. That was the end. People will not watch corrupt sports.

Could be the end of LeBron too.
>>
NBA is a serious bubble
>>
>>77309498
Meanwhile the NHL will grow because it's a sport that has parity.
>>
>>77309539
>Could be the end of LeBron too.
yep. Kyrie 'They lie to us' Irving doesn't want anything to do with him. Lebron is officialy Obama/Jay-Z status. And that's not a compliment.

>>77309549
watched NBA all my life. No more. Next year I'm switching to hockey.
>>
Fucking based can't wait for Vancouver to get a team back
>>
>>77309565
You want to know what team you should root for? Go for the golden knights. You'll be a /lifelong/ fan of them
>>
>be the NBA
>already don't have any parity
>already admit over half the teams in your league into the playoffs
>already have a useless regular season
>already have teams not selling out playoff games
>already have a diluted talent pool resulting in 80% of your teams being irrelevant
>already have all the :intrigue" about your league being based around tmz tabloid twitter and instagram feuds that the media plants

I KNOW, LET'S EXPAND IT AND MAKE THE LEAGUE BIGGER

I seriously cannot wait for a serious fucking lockout in 2021 or 2022, like a year long, after the owners have enough, and this entire corrupt league gets overhauled top to bottom

t. former NBA fan who is bitter as fuck about this piece of shit league and trying to absorb hockey
>>
How do we get parity in the NBA? Is there any way to fix this broken league?
>>
>>77309590
Nobody wants forced parity you fucking loser
>>
>>77309601
The people not showing up to playoff games do, you fucking leaf.
>>
>>77309498
>The league is going to die.
Then what are Americans going to watch if concussions will kill football eventually and their media doesn't pay attention to baseball anymore?
>>
>>77309587
Plus Adam ((((silver)))) is even worse then bettman, and Bettman started the sunbelt trend in the NHL. The NBA will die out simply because there's only three teams worth watching, and they're all super teams, so why bother watching the Knicks or the nets when you can be a cavs fan
>>
>>77309601
>No one wants a competitive league, we all want to bandwagon

a fuckin leaf
>>
File: kingsfan.jpg (80KB, 534x626px) Image search: [Google]
kingsfan.jpg
80KB, 534x626px
I hope you guys get a new team and I'm glad you didn't steal ours
>>
>>77309610
HOKKY
>>
File: lavar-ball.jpg (60KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
lavar-ball.jpg
60KB, 1200x776px
>>77309601
No we totally want a corrupt league, run by corrupt people and used for crooked politics and social engineering!!!!
It's FANtassssssstic!
>>
>>77309610
>Then what are Americans going to watch if concussions will kill football eventually and their media doesn't pay attention to baseball anymore?

the media here for the most part already ignores baseball. but the benefit baseball has is that it is a regional sport rather than a national sport. tv ratings for baseball in the specific areas of those teams are very high, because there are so many games that people don't care about watching nationally broadcast games

>>77309615
adam silver is already the worst commissioner in sports, and i promise you that by the end of his reign of terror, he will be considered among the worst commissioners to ever head a major american sports league
>>
Why don't we just get rid of the entire Eastern Conference? I think that would make the league much more exciting.
>>
>>77309633
The best teams with the best talent should always win. Nobody wants a coin toss league like the NHL. In soccer everybody knows who's going to win every league and Cup before a ball is even kicked yet nobody minds that
>>
>>77309656
Why don't we just get rid of the commissioner, all of the owners and their financiers?

We'll make basketball great again.
>>
I always mix up the Hornets and the Pelicans and then I remember that both teams are irrelevant
>>
>>77309390
With Jews you Lose
>>
>>77309577
lol fuck the nba.
niggers dont want to play in hongcouver. they want to be on e!spn.
the way the grizzlies were handled the first time left a sour taste in peoples mouth.
also there is no business/people here interested in pursuing it.
>>
File: 1480552057783.jpg (13KB, 196x178px) Image search: [Google]
1480552057783.jpg
13KB, 196x178px
>>77309656
>we
>>
>>77309610
Baseball is popular, it's just popular regionally versus nationally, the opposite of the NBA.
>>
>>77309666
The worst thing about the NBA is that it has completely ruined the sport of basketball

The league itself is so bullshit, and so corrupt, that people use their hatred of the NBA (especially NHL fans) as a means to completely bash the sport itself
>>
>>77309674
Don't ever reply to me with a fucking cartoon ever again
>>
>>77309549
Hockey will always be a niche sport, because the main gateway into becoming a fan of a sport is playing it, and hockey is too expensive and spread out.
>>
>>77309665
yeah all the invisible were really on the edge of their empty seats during this year's playoffs.

Next year will be worse. The NBA is garbage league run by pedos and crooks.
>>
>>77309647
It's funny how the NHL has a similar like commissioner yet he has the league going well. Sure the Hawks and Penguins have been dominant as fuck, but every other team has a chance. Teams like the islanders, predators, Oilers, flyers, and jackets could win the cup next season, because the league is actually tight. You don't rest at all. It isn't a shitfest in the final 2 minutes unless the defense crumbles. Plus, the game actually GROWS in places it needs to
>>
>>77309682
Yep. Someone should start a competing league and make a run at the NBA. Now would be the time to do it.
>>
>>77309685
>being this much of a fag
>>
>>77309694
NHL is an American league with American values.

NBA is a bunch of criminals and crooks.

That's why the NHL is growing and the NBA is crumbling (despite what the crooked press reports)

Even Charles Barkley knows it.
>>
>>77309686
>Hockey is a niche sport

Okay. The game has gone to the south in Dallas and Tampa and has shown its fans well, and they actually care for their teams. Plus their Stanley cup wins show this well.

>You can only like it if you play it

Hahah that's fucking bullshit
>>
>>77309694
I think the reason Bettman is so hated is because he's had I believe three work stoppages in his time, the most devastating in 2004 that really fucked up the nation's view of the NHL.

The NBA has only had the one in 2011, and hilariously it actually made the league better because it resultd in fewer games that season, since the regular season is worthless

>>77309694
The real issue the NBA has to try to deal with is that the lack of parity seems to just be inherent in the sport of basketball because of the positions and number of players. The NBA tries to artificially create parity with their CBA salary cap shit, but it clearly doesn't work. That' why they need to lose an entire season to a lockout like the NHL did to really sit down and discuss the best method to first make a brand new CBA, then fix all the other corruption
>>
>>77309694
>the NHL has a similar like commissioner yet he has the league going well
>3 lockouts under his watch
>sunbelt teams that can't sell tickets
>expanding to Las Vegas even though there is a team in Phoenix struggling to stay afloat
>>
>>77309710
>NHL is a league with American values

Not when Andrew Shaw calls a ref a faggot and gets suspended for a game in the playoffs. Plus the forced hockey for anyone month in March where every team has to support the gay shit.

NBA is garbage just because it's ran by crooks and inept people and greed. I'm glad barkley knows this, because his sport has been ruined by politics as well. Not to mention the BBB will create even more brainless fools
>>
File: 1497145875337.jpg (7KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497145875337.jpg
7KB, 320x320px
>league is dominated by one team and all the others fight for 2nd
>let's dilute the talent pool even further
>>
>>77309725
>The real issue the NBA has to try to deal with is

...not being the Rothschild cabal basketball association?

Because that would bea good start.
>>
>>77309733
The panthers and coyotes are the only two money drains on the NHL and they're because of poor location. I'm not making this up. It also doesn't help when they're irrelevant and barely get coverage. The coyotes do get fans but they don't show their games because one provider shows them at times, there's no mass transit to get to glendale, and they've made the playoffs 2 times in glendale. Panthers are similar, but it's from the crap the team does as well.

Predators, stars, hurricanes, and lightning have done extremely well at the times needed, and get tickets. Bettman does create shit that hurts the league, but silver is WORSE
>>
>>77309735
With Trump gaining traction, maybe they'll cut that shit out.

If the NFL can bring back Hank Williams Jr. anything is possible.
>>
>>77309760
>With Trump gaining traction, maybe they'll cut that shit out
Is this a joke?
>>
>>77309760
I wish. Too bad the faggots have won because of trump supporting the gays as well. At least there aren't any laws that don't put you in jail for misgendering anyone here....
>>
>>77309733
im not a fan of uncle garys overzealous expansion but putting teams in sunbelt areas isnt just about selling tickets, its about growing the game at the >grassroots level.
until places like dallas, nashville, or tampa got an NHL team there were basically 0 ice rinks in the city/state. it was basically impossible to play hokkei there.
getting an NHL team grew interest in hokkei and those places have built new ice rinks around the state so that it is possible to play the game there now.
>>
>>77309755
>but silver is WORSE
What can he even do at this point? Ban free agents from being free of choosing their team?
>>
>>77309776
>muh jeebus said duh gays r bad
>>
>>77309390
Just look at that evil Jew grin...

Do Americans love getting milked by (((((them)))))
>>
>>77309771
No. Some people actually believed things would shift because le meme man won. case in point >>77309776
>>
>>77309795
The NBA hype is somewhat fake. They're in cahoots with the '''media''' and really do have shills all over social media (including obviously /sp/).
>>
>>77309735
can you swear loud and clear on live tv in other sports and not get punished?
he only got punished because it was caught on mic.
>>
Is there an other sports league in the world that gets rigthfully criticized and shit on as much as the NBA?

even NBA fans hate the nba
>>
>>77309771
>>77309811
Hi shill

>>77309814
Yep. People can live their own lives, but we sure as fuck don't need pride month and all that Israeli bullshit.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
The based SuperSonics are coming back and theres nothing you can do about it
>>
>>77309826
It's more of a corrupt Soros NGO than a sports league at this point.

It's what this Seattle expansion is really about. (((They're))) trying to circle the wagons in certain cities because they're losing power.
>>
>>77309840
at this point the most fun thing about the nba is trying to deduce how everything is a conspiracy
>>
>>>77309829
Obviously you don't need that shit. It's terrible for the sport in general
>>
>>77309840
>(((They're))) trying to circle the wagons in certain cities because they're losing power.

yep. it's why phil jackson was unjustly terminated as well. they're on their heels and trying to consolidate power in 'blue' cities.
>>
File: clip20150720at025531.jpg (81KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
clip20150720at025531.jpg
81KB, 600x544px
>mfw Phil comes out of retirement to coach the SuperSonics to a title
>>
>>77309615
>>77309647

Goddell, Manfred and Bettman can still top Sliver as being the worst commissioners in sports history

One more huge fuck up on Goodell's part the owners will ousts him for good.
>>
>>77309964
Goddell is still shit, but sliver has made the NBA so unbalanced that it's insane
>>
>>77309989
Since what has Silver done to make it worse? Stern laid the foundation by giftwrapping several 1OAs to Cleveland in order to bring LeBron home
>>
threatening expansion is a disaster for the league, it lessens the blackmail threat of "buy me a new stadium or we move to that other city"
>>
>>77309989

apeball is 100x harder to create parity since theres only 5 men playing at one time and everyone wants to be a super star

the reality is, if Silver wants to balance out the NBA he needs to change the court. Widen it and make it longer. Move the 3 point line farther away. Apes are still evolving and they've perfected the 3 point shot, so its time to counter that.
>>
>>77309964
what has manfred done that is bad?

and goodell i mean at least he does what hes supposed to do, speak for the owners, right?
>>
File: IMG_1658.jpg (123KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1658.jpg
123KB, 750x738px
"I sure wonder why the NBA is failing!"
>>
>>77310105
That's just good business. Gotta get the next Hakeem Olajuwon interested in the game.
>>
>>77309665
>In soccer everybody knows who's going to win every league and Cup before a ball is even kicked yet nobody minds that
Speak for yourself. I got tired of that shit after the first 15 years of watching it.
>>
>>77310105
legit unsure what the problem with this is
90% of the league is black, what does it matter if the blacks come from africa
>>
>>77310134
>its another barca/real win the champions league episode
wow never saw that coming.
>>
>>77309921
Phil? The GM will probably be Obongo himself (if he's not on prison or in exile in Indonesia)

>>77309989
The NBA is a sports entertainment product used for social engineering and propaganda.
>>
>>77310116
>>77310182
>Basketball without borders

How did you not notice this?
>>
>>77310202
so there won't be out of bounds?
>>
Why do this website think the nba is failing when the ratings nationally went up? locally rating are down but nationally they're up.
>>
>>77309427
poor bait
>>
>>77310279
>believing the numerical jew
>>
>>77310279
>(((ratings)))

Is Hillary ahead in every poll to?

you jews need new tricks

we can SEE the empty seats at playoff games retards
>>
Come on DEVERS
>>
This thread has more hockey discussion than all of /hoc/ has had this entire off season. I'm only a casual fan of basketball, but I'm sick and tired of seeing it boil down to Cavs/Warriors every year. No team should go through the playoffs undefeated if multiple games are played in a series. All the other teams are just cannon fodder for the super teams.
Hockey is growing in the Sunbelt and it's not only because of playoff runs. The teams are building public rinks, inspiring high schools to get teams, and starting youth leauges. The ground up approach is making sure hockey is growing and building a /lifelong/ fan base.
>>
File: IMG_1577.jpg (263KB, 690x787px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1577.jpg
263KB, 690x787px
>>77310403
/hoc/ has been filled with kippers being shit and barely any news. If we had some good trades then it would be great, but instead it's kippers being shit and racewars
>>
>>77310105
Or as the French call it Basketball Sans Frontieres
>>
>>77309470
>The players should just dump all of the creeps and criminals

There would be nobody left to play in the NBA.
>>
>>77310279
So what if casuals tune in to watch the superteams play on holidays and the finals? They're not the ones filling out arenas and actually becoming fans of a team.
>>
File: r0kZZFm.jpg (211KB, 1526x1195px) Image search: [Google]
r0kZZFm.jpg
211KB, 1526x1195px
Since the NBA is diluted already and they shouldn't expand, then relocate?

So which NBA franchise gets the moving truck started? Also, do they keep all the franchises history, just keep the name, or start fresh with a new name?
>>
File: IMG_2851.jpg (94KB, 907x661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2851.jpg
94KB, 907x661px
>all these /pol/tards thinking the NBA is finished
>>
Werent they talking about contraction a few years back because there isnt enough talent to spread around the league?
>>
This is the worst thread on /sp/ at the moment
>>
>>77311111
>>
>>77309390
as long as the value of the teams themselves is surging and the ratings are still good, theres no reason not to expand. its free money.

diehards will continue to complain about parity and the superteam problem, but it means nothing if people still pay to go to games and they watch the games on TV. and billionaires still want to pay stupidly high prices for teams because of the artificial scarcity aspect of a closed league and the potential for growth coming from international audiences.
>>
>>77313195
The ratings aren't good
The finals ratings are good
>>
>>77309390
Wil lonly work with hard cap
>>
>>77309755
Panthers aren't even that bad because the owner does not fucking care about attendance and just wants someone to use the building.
>>
GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, SEATTLE
>>
>>77309785
Exactly. Does anyone actually think Auston Matthews would be a hockey player if it weren't for the Coyotes?
>>
>>77310202
It's a reference to Doctors Without Borders retard. It has nothing to do with globalization.
>>
>>77310279
It's up nationally for like 5 teams because those are the 5 teams they push.

All they are doing is creating a league where 5 teams are popular. This is the same problem the MLB ran into by like 1970 because they had constantly ran an national game and a national Yankees game, which lead to an entire generation give a shit only about the Yankees and nothing else.
>>
Am I the only person in Seattle that doesn't want this garbage league here?
>>
Are hockeyfags really this delusional? I mean, you really can't be this retarded, right? It's an act, right?
>>
How to fix the NBA:
>Add teams to Hartford and Seattle, two cities that would cherish a professional basketball team
>Eliminate the conferences, parity is instantly solved, no more running away from LeBron
>>
>>77314619
How to fix the NBA:

The game was created back when it was considered impossible for the players to do things like dunking the ball. Raise the rim.
>>
>>77309549
>Hockey
>growing
O I am laffin
>>
The NBA can afford to expand despite the attendance because their TV deals are so big. If Disney refuses to pony up when this contract expires, Comcast, Fox or Warner won't hesitate to.
>>
>>77314494
Pittsburgh before Hartford, hell Baltimore before Hartford, St. Louis, Kansas City. Fucking Hartford get out of here.
>>
>>77314494
>eliminating conferences solves parity
>finals will still be Lebron/Golden State
???????
>>
>>77314494
>no more running away from LeBron

Yeah, players are really scared of LeBron and his 3-5 Finals record.
>>
File: popularsports.jpg (77KB, 640x504px) Image search: [Google]
popularsports.jpg
77KB, 640x504px
>>77309686
>>77315203
Both NBA and NHL are niche sports. The only people who watch NBA are niggers are wiggers, and there's not that many of either in America, despite /pol/ memes.
>>
>>77315471
people who choose college ball as their favorite sport need to be gassed
>>
>>77315484
t. Northeastern numale
>>
>>77315471
Doesn't the NBA do better tv ratings than MLB though?
>>
>>77311033
>>77311115
Underrated posts.
>>
File: constarza.jpg (74KB, 582x438px) Image search: [Google]
constarza.jpg
74KB, 582x438px
>>77309422
Yeah, because Lebrons' salary is paid by tickets, and not sponsors/tv deals
>>
>>77315954
The finals.
Not regular games.
Whenever people talk about "NBA ratings" all they reference is the finals. They don't ever talk about the regular season games on local broadcast
>>
>>77315264
God no we don't want an NBA team in Pittsburgh
>>
>>77315484
It's the lowest of the 7 major sports league though why so mad?
>>
Make sure you keep your faggot infested kike league out of Kansas City no thanks
>>
>>77309590
Fix the cap
>>
>>77318865
Classify players as Super-Max, Max and regular.

Each team can sign one player to a Super-Max, two players to a Max and the rest must fit under the salary cap. No more exceptions.

Your active roster must fit under the salary cap, so you can deactivate someone and sign someone else.

Super-Max can sign for 25%, 30% or 35% of the salary cap based on service time.

Max can sign for 15%, 20% or 25% of the salary cap based on service time.

All other players must fit under the salary cap but can make no more than 12% of the salary cap.

Same rookie and minimum salary scales are still followed.

Bonus scale currently used doesn't count toward salary cap.
>>
>>77318865
>>77319329
What good is any kind of system reform in a corrupt dishonest league?
>>
>>77315954
Tv ratings are bullshit. They're manipulated easily.

Reality is NHL attendance often trumps NBA attendance in competing cities.

Sports media has become as corrupt as news media.
>>
>>77309590 #
Why don't you just skip the games and award it to a different team every year? Like the Chinese 'Year of the Rat', 'Year of the Rooster' etc
>>
>>77319653
The regular season is already somewhat arbitrary. The NBA is a joke
>>
>>77309534
you mean siʔaɫ

i'm afraid you need to go back
>>
>>77319609
That's the spirit.
>>
>>77309498
Wtf is lebrongate? Asking for a friend
>>
>>77320452
A few days before the Finals started, claims came in that someone spraypainted "nigger" on an LA mansion owned by LeBron. However, no photos surfaced or video of the incident surfaced, police were called after the graffiti was already covered up and LeBron wasn't aware that it even happened until it was brought to his attention by someone in his camp and he gave a bit of an half-assed (depending on how you see it) response along the lines of "no matter how rich you are, being black in America is hard". Given all this, you can either say:

a) he and his camp didn't want to give it any attention because of the buttrape that was about to ensue.
b) it was a flaseflag to drum up sympathy for him and the aforementioned buttrape.
>>
uhh, has the game resumed and ESPN is the problem, or is my stream fucking up? the ESPN scoreboard reads 0-0, 3:00 in
>>
>>77320577
Nope. It was a false flag so ESPN/ABC/Disney could introduce a 'racism' narrative into the NBA finals. Duh.
>>
>>77320645
whoops, wrong thread
>>
Mark my words Las Vegas and Des Moines are about to get NBA teams.
>>
>>77320680
I promise you the NBA will slowly consolidate it's assets to costal blue cities.

The majority of America is sick of the (((NBA's))) bullshit.
>>
>>77320697
he literally also said it was a falseflag, read the post dumbass.
>>
>>77320651
>>77320697
Prove that this isn't samefagging.
>>
>>77320734
Yes, but his theories about why it was done where moronic dumbass.
>>
>>77320783
Guy with the moronic theories here. What were the sides of this racism narrative?
>>
File: George-Soros-1.jpg (265KB, 3216x2412px) Image search: [Google]
George-Soros-1.jpg
265KB, 3216x2412px
>>77320651
Yes, and it was incredibly moronic shortsighted move. You can, for instance, shove feminism down the throats of Game of Thrones fans, and a lot of the the nerds will still watch it. But the slightest hint that a sport is not on the level, and sports fans are done. It's just the way it is.
>>
>>77320725
>Las Vegas
It's a popular tourism city, it's the 28th most populous city in the US, NBA players would enjoy balling there

>Des Moines
It's a city on the grow, professionals with cash to spend live there, NBA players can buy colossal mansions for less than they'd cost in major markets

It's going to be a big success
>>
>>77320944
Kek. Vegas might have a chance solely based on tourists. But I forsee lots of empty seats. Iowa might have a chance because it would be the only show in town, but I still foresee lots of empty seats.

Actually I forsee empty seats in most NBA cities outside of Golden State and Boston.

NBA is gonna reap what it sewed.
>>
File: 200px-HappyMerchant.gif (14KB, 200x225px) Image search: [Google]
200px-HappyMerchant.gif
14KB, 200x225px
>>77320975
>he owners have turned on Gooddell since the domestic abuse situations that still plagues the NFL today
t. Schlomo Shillstein

#fakenews
>>
>>77321059
Kek, the shill deleted it. I think I speak for all NFL fans when I say I could givea fuck less if some low-level 21 year old NFL player gets into a domestic dispute with his almost certainly whore gold digging girlfriend.
>>
>>77320944
NBA players can buy colossal mansions wherever dipshit. And they certainly aren't going to want to be in Iowa. And frankly, I don't think Iowans want them there. The NBA blew it with Americans somewhere around the I Can't Breathe t-shirts or the tranny bathroom support. Fuck em.
>>
>>77310091
No Sports Commissioner should never stand with owners or personal vendettas to support their causes.
>>
>>77319329

Does Adam Silver get to decide who gets tagged as Super Max?
Is it intentionally ironic that the system is named after types of prisons?
>>
>>77321238
Des Moines isn't rural Iowa.
>>
>>77321240
What are you talking about dude? What is the commissioner supposed to stand for then?

Is he supposed to be like the cuck Adam Silver and let the inmates run the asylum where the players rule over him?
>>
>>77321041

Other than a response to a diluted product on the court, I'm not sure how much expansion would hurt attendance since I doubt there's many people who travel very far to attend a weeknight game.
>>
>>77321390
It's what... cosmopolitan Iowa?

Not dissing Iowa either. I live in Manhattan and I DROPPED the Knicks this year.
>>
File: sonics 60s.jpg (143KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
sonics 60s.jpg
143KB, 1000x800px
>>77309390
BUILD THE FUCKING SODO ARENA GOD DAMMIT.

ONE FUCKING STREET VACATION AWAY FROM BEING SHOVEL FUCKING READY.
>>
>>77318645
What year does the ESPN deal end? the nba can do whatever the fuck it wants until then because they paid such a stupidly retardedly huge amount
It's like how the dodgers are unironically rebuilding right now and yet are the best team in baseball because time warner gave them infinite money to be able to pay shitty players to fuck off
>>
>>77321409
dude I saw LOTS of empty seats at playoffs games in cities like DC, Memphis, Houston, Atlanta, even LA. I saw lots of empty seats at a OKC/ Warriors game in OKC this year.

Bottom line is that despite what the fake media says, MOST Americans find the NBA owners' and their progressive agenda offensive and oppressive. Next year there will be many more empty seats. I guarantee it.
>>
>>77321463
people who own the NBA and Disney are in cahoots. That is a non-issue. The NBA isn't even really a business. Money is secondary. Social engineering and propaganda is first.
>>
>>77321467

I'm not disagreeing with that. My point is that a Vegas franchise isn't going to cut into Phoenix's attendance much because I can't see Phoenix currently getting much long-distance attendance from Vegas's area.
>>
>>77321505
Phoenix has more empty seats then anyone. That arena is like 3/4 empty on the reg.
>>
>>77311033
I'm pretty much as far from /pol/ as you can be. I'm super liberal, in the Bay Area, hate Trump, want gay rights and all that shit and I despise the NBA

It would be one thing if people hated the NBA for stupid ass reasons that you could tell their real reasons are because of all the black people playing. But your point is nullified by the fact that there is literally a long laundry list of reasons why the NBA is so awful, and none of them include "black players" as a reason
>>
>>77321482
Yep. That's why they've kept the WNBA alive even though it's been insolvent since inception.

NBA is just the sports wing of (((Hollywood)))
>>
>>77321539
Correct. The NFL is like 3/4 black. No one cares.
>>
>>77321416
It's metropolitan Iowa.
>>
>>77321539
None of the reasons above that post boiled downed to "lol fuck niggers". They were all either greedy commissioner or Jewish conspiracies.
>>
>>77321575

It's not as noticeable under the helmet, and the QB position is still largely white
>>
>>77321539
You can't say it.
>>77321551
You could.

Bottom line is the NBA is owned, run and operated by a bunch of bankster criminals.

Don't be surprised if some very dirty shit comes out about David Silver and the NBA.
>>
>>77321598
Nope. It's because NFL culture supersedes race, while NBA culture exploits race. That's why.
>>
File: DesMoines.jpg (832KB, 3200x1680px) Image search: [Google]
DesMoines.jpg
832KB, 3200x1680px
>>77321592
Pic hella related
>>
>>77321699
Wow, I didn't know there were any buildings over 5 stories in iowa. Congratulations guys!
>>
Do you guys think that the NBA product would improve at all if the ridiculous media coverage for it didn't exist?

Imagine if the NBA was exactly the same, but instead of the type of media coverage it receives now, it received the type of coverage the MLB gets

No constant tabloid tier bullshit, no trying to always compare players to all-time greats, no constant Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram bullshit and fashion

I think not having that bullshit shoved down our throats every day would improve its look
>>
>>77321722
>ESPN tries to lowball hockey, loses the rights
>welp time to try to bury the league by pretending it doesn't exist
>buy rights to every apehoop game ever
>shit we nothing to talk about now that we only pretend 2 of the 4 sports exist
>i know, let's pay guys like screamin A to make shit up and attribute it to "anonymous sources" to create stories to talk about all year
Biggest problem is that ESPN is too ingrained at this point that the other sports networks that have no obligation to shill the nonstories they create end up shilling them anyway, rather than talk actual sports
>>
>>77321722
>Do you guys think that the NBA product would improve at all if the ridiculous media coverage for it didn't exist?
for sure.

But IMHO, the NBA exists so the media coverage can exist.
>>
>>77309587
Calm down mate.
In the interview Silver actually says that they will not expand too soon because the Warriors are too strong for the NBA and they don't want to delude talent.
>>
>>77321699
Looks nicer than Cleveland.....
>>
File: Can't stallmer the ballmer.gif (883KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
Can't stallmer the ballmer.gif
883KB, 320x238px
Impartial observer here. desu, the best solution here isn't to expand, it's to relocate the Clippers to Seattle.

the Clippers sole purpose is to provide cheaper seats to NBA games for Lakers fans/LA denizens. The Clippers are bottom 5 in terms of team merch sales.They will never be the Lakers equals or rivals. They will never even reach Mets tier. Ballmer still lives in Washington State and he actively tried to build an arena for the Sonics back in the mid 2000's too. it's one of those logical moves that just makes sense. The glove fits.
>>
>>77321993
>clippers are my #2 team, it's okay because they're shit I love them for cheap drunk tickets
>they become better than the lelkers for almost a decade
>FUCK THE CLIPPERS THEY SERVE NO PURPOSE GET THEM OUT OF HERE
>>
>>77321810
>>77321874
I frequently visit rebbit's NBA board (yeah sue me, greentext rebbit please) because they are a pretty good microcosm of the NBA fanbase. They actually celebrate how much they shitpost there, and how "crazy" the offseason is yet how boring the actual season is
>>
>>77322030
Don't give a shit about the Lakers either, I'm a Blazers fan. Again, its still the Clippers sole purpose since the relocated to LA. OKC in 2010 had more diehard, non-bandwagon fans than the Clippers have right now

Also
>a decade

kek, It's barely even been 5 seasons of dominance and now they lost CP3.
>>
>>77322161
it's prob 85 percent 'native advertising'. Like here.
>>
>le cnn bogeyman
Pathetic
>>
File: fik.jpg (9KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
fik.jpg
9KB, 215x235px
>tfw the NBA has evolved into a marauding bluepill that needs to be contained
>>
>>77323516
What a time to be alive :(
>>
Can you guys believe discussions about an American sports league like this are happening?

This thread is almost 200 replies about discussing how horrible the NBA is. The only time you might get close is Yuropoors trashing the NFL for commercials. You may never see countrymen trashing a league of their own country like this,.
>>
File: 3476865297468923.jpg (68KB, 607x422px) Image search: [Google]
3476865297468923.jpg
68KB, 607x422px
SOON
>>
>>77324756

implying we consider NBA to be a league of our own country
>>
>its a Californians shill for a Seattle NBA team thread

We don't want that Jewish league here. Thank God it left us already.
>>
>>77324756
I loved the NBA for 20 years. But fuck it. It's dead to me.
>>
>>77324756
>I'm new as fuck/samefagging/both and who cares I have a keyboard lol
>>
>>77325365
it's true though. the nba actually is a zionist anti-american league.
>>
>>77325365
t. Moshe Liebowitz in the NBA green room
>>
>>77325423
>>77325460
I meant this more towards:
>You may never see countrymen trashing a league of their own country like this,
when it's happened here with the No Fun League and FIFA, not your NWO conspiracies.
>>
>>77325502
>No Fun League

nigga fuck off. no one believes in your crooked '''media''' bullshit
>>
>>77315282
Then get rid of the playoffs, have the team with the best regular season record be the champ. That makes every league game important in the title race.
>>
File: crab nicholson.png (1MB, 1080x657px) Image search: [Google]
crab nicholson.png
1MB, 1080x657px
>>77325526
My mistake. I'll remember the triple parentheses next time.
>>
File: zion640_cover.jpg (556KB, 640x801px) Image search: [Google]
zion640_cover.jpg
556KB, 640x801px
>>77325423
>Future NBA superstar is literally named ZION.

Really activates the almonds
>>
>>77325748
These covers are always funny when the player busts.
>>
>>77309647
>Baseball is a regional sport
It has extremely popular teams in the Northeast, South, West, and Midwest. What the fuck are you actually talking about. The only regions as wholes where attendence is poor is Florida and Ohio, Florida is because most people aren't fans of Florida teams, and Ohio because its Cleveland (where baseball is legitimately not popular) and Cincinatti (where the team sucks)
>>
>>77309682
Basketball is an inherently flawed sport though
>>
>>77325770
sometimes the name you don't recognize turns out to be someone who changed to a muslim name
>>
>>77309735
Getzlaf didn't get suspended for calling a ref a cocksucker. Shaw is just an idiot that couldn't keep it under control
>>
>>77309587
you totally forgot about the impending PED scandal. shit is going to hit the fan soon
>>
>>77310428
Hans plays with Lotte, Lotte plays with Jane
Jane plays with Willi, Willi is happy again
Suki plays with Leo, Sacha plays with Britt
Adolf builts a bonfire, Enrico plays with it
>>
File: 02-rooks.png (430KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
02-rooks.png
430KB, 500x351px
>>77325770
>nearly all of these busted
kek
>>
>>77310403
basketball cant have a /lifelong/ fan base because half of the fans die selling crack 15 minutes before the big game

[spoiler](((theyre black get it)))[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1917 seattle metropolitans.jpg (376KB, 1020x823px) Image search: [Google]
1917 seattle metropolitans.jpg
376KB, 1020x823px
>>77325199
Speak for yourself, I want indoor winter sports. I don't care if it's the Sonics returning, a new NHL team, or both I just want something to watch during that stretch of the year.
>>
>>77325841
I can guarantee you that it won't. The success of the NBA is determined by the strength of individual players moreso than any other league on the planet.

I bet a large majority of NBA players are on PEDs and the league knows about it and they don't care. Much like how they don't care about all the players smoking weed, the franchises and league are so hamstrung by the players needing to be larger than life that they let them do whatever the fuck they want
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.