[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/180/: BETVICTOR WORLD MATCHPLAY DAY 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 20

The biggest darting event of the summer kicks off this evening with the World Matchplay from the Winter Gardens in Blackpool. Last year's final saw Michael van Gerwen retain the imitating FA Cup trophy with an 18-10 beating of 15-time champion Phil Taylor. With this being Pheel's final Matchplay before he fucks off, Taylel overhype is guaranteed to be provided by Sky.

It is therefore appropriate that kicking off the tournament are two Taylor disposers of the past: 2014 Worlds' Michael Smith and 2016 World Grand Prix's Steve West. Blubby Boy has had a recent resurgence in form since winning the Gibraltar Darts Trophy, making two further Euro Tour semis and also a final. The debuting Scumbag Brother on the other hand has struggled since his unbelievable Worlds choke to Mervyn King, with only two last 4 appearances on the floor.

2007 then calls in as that year's Matchplay winner James Wade faces one of the World quarter-finalists from then in angry Norfolk midget Darren Webster. Bipolar Man's shock exit at the hands of Canadian youngster Dawson Murschell in last week's US Masters is sure to give the vertically challenged one a big boost, especially after his first ranking event victory two weeks ago.

The World #2 starts his campaign next as Gary Anderson plays former Lakeside champion Christian Kist. Since the disastrous World Cup exit, Gando has reached two ranking finals, winning one of them. The gulping Dutchman on the other hand has made a grand total of zero floor quarters this season, so this should be a simple walkover for the Scot.

Fake Scotsman Peter Wright ends the night against slow-paced Yorkshireman James Wilson. Clownman's best result since the World Cup was a 6-2 final win over Merv on the Euro Tour, while the Jammy Dodger has had a floor QF and SF this year. The ex-BDO number 1 shouldn't be much of a problem for Wright though.

Coverage starts from 7:00pm UK time on the new-look Sky Sports Action channel.
>>
>Tonight’s matches (Best of 19 legs)
Michael "Snackpot 2.0" Smith v Steve "Right About Now, Scumbag Brother" West
James "The Meds Are Back In Town" Wade v Darren "Demolition Manlet" Webster
Gary "Big Game Counter" Anderson v Christian "Never been" Kist
Snakeshite v James "Jammy Todger" Wilson

All matches must be won by 2 clear legs, with up to 5 extra legs played to decide a winner. If the match is tied after 5 extra legs, a final sudden death leg will be played.

>Full preview
https://www.pdc.tv/news/2017/07/21/betvictor-world-matchplay-preview
>>
>tfw cancelled Sky Sports because poorfag
>>
And we're on now.
>>
>rugby
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>77255502
Where? Its a bunch of cunts playing rugby
>>
File: 1482521460536.png (347KB, 357x346px)
1482521460536.png
347KB, 357x346px
post yfw demolition man sends wade packing tonight.
>>
>>77255517
Now it's on. Fucking ads.

>not just going straight into the programme
>>
>muh taylor retirement tour
and I'm bored already
>>
>actually knowing taylels middle name
>the city of wayne mardle
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (42KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
42KB, 480x360px
>>77255543
>mfw
>>
>>77255543
Only upset which could actually happen tonight. All the other matches seem like fixed outcomes.
>>
Wade has been playing shite and went out early last year.

Lump on Webster lads.
>>
>blubby has had a shave
Looks much better without that beard.
>>
THAT BURGER'S GONE
I DON'T KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED
WE'RE BOUND TO GETTING FATTER
BOUND TO GETTING FATTER
SHUT UP AND EAT WITH ME
>>
>58
[petulance intensifies]
>>
THAT 121 ON THE BULL!
>>
>Browse /sp/
>Spot a /180/ thread
>Excitement.jpg
>Quickly turn on tv
>Blubberboy vs Steve West
WHY??
>>
>blubby
>>
smith was doomed as soon as the palm tree waving buffon mardle tipped him to 'do some damage'
>>
>>77255934
>they actually put Smith on the "odds to win" graphic
Blubby has had another TV meltdown. Scoring's completely vanished and the less said about his composure, the better.
>>
>>77255960
Its an odd one, he has come back into some form lately, won a euro tour but as soon as the going gets tough he folds mentally.

West playing exceptional to be fair.
>>
>>77255984
True on both counts.

106 average from Scumbag Brother.
>>
>>77255984
> West playing exceptional to be fair.
Picked a good moment for this. I'm also starting to feel sorry for Blubby. Not that I suddenly like him, he's boring as fuck and still pities himself too much on stage. But he's got lots of talent, and it does seem like he will never be able to make good use of it when it counts. I also am really desperate for a real contender for MvG to step up, and I'm willing to support almost everyone just to have some competition.
>>
>>77256036
Corey cadburys not on the tour yet
>>
>>77256036
>But he's got lots of talent, and it does seem like he will never be able to make good use of it when it counts
It's incredibly frustrating. There are rare glimpses of him at his best on TV but it always gets overshadowed by his strops.

>from 3-1 up to 3-8 down
>blubby boy
>>
Wtf i love west now
>>
West is big into his conspiracy theories.

Hopefully he will bang on about chemtrails if he gets an interview.
>>
>>77256067
I actually had him in mind when I posted this, but I fear he will fuck it up. We'll have to see if someone with his past can show the necessary determination to rise to the top. Would be epic, though, to have MvG and the King battling for the darting crown in the future.

>>77256098
>There are rare glimpses of him at his best on TV
He just can't handle bad streaks in his game. He plays like a god until he misses a few, then he has a mental breakdown and digs himself a hole any decent oppponent will prevent him from ever climbing out.
>>
>>77256130
>you'll never see the conspiracy-off between West and Scott Mackenzie
>>
>>77256067
We'll have to see how he plays at the Grand Slam to see if he's developed. Didn't qualify through the Aussie Order of Merit for the Worlds, but there are still more qualifiers for them I think.

>>77256131
>He just can't handle bad streaks in his game
His collapses at the Worlds against Barney and Wade are perfect evidence of that. Or that time Taylor railroaded him with about 13 legs straight.
>>
ha ha time for manlet
>>
File: 1480254295317.png (358KB, 490x490px)
1480254295317.png
358KB, 490x490px
its time.
>>
Daily reminder that wes newton and andy hamilton were in the premier league
>>
>>77255151

>tfw bought a week now TV sports pass

Like a good goy
>>
>that tacky number plate on back of shirt
>that trouser and shoe combination

God, i hate wade. 92 average incoming.
>>
>>77256196
>when Andy Hamilton made the quarters of every TV event for about a year
>when Wes Newton won a first round match at the Worlds despite averaging under 70 in the first set
>>
>9 scored
>>
>sub-90 averages
>>
Beautiful 121 from Wade.
>>
#pray4manlet
>>
Manlet is raging now.

Expect Wade to lose.
>>
>from 6-2 up to 7-7
>med man
>>
WADE

SHOOK
H
O
O
K
>>
>manlet
>>
>that 171
>>
THAT 102 FROM MANLET AFTER WADE MISSED 3 FOR THE MATCH

WE EXTRA LEGS NOW
>>
Great match
>>
Sammi will have to do some serious cheering up if this goes badly for Wade.
>>
>Wade dying
>>
Wadey sick?
>>
WHY ARE THEY STOPPING

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Lakeside classic lads
>>
>the only time Darren Webster will be the tallest man on stage
>>
This is comfy
>>
>You need 2 clear legs to win
>When it's 12-12, there will be sudden death leg
Well, so you don't really need 2 clear legs to win. Why sudden death? Even in tennis there is no tie break in the last set, so why in darts?

Also: Well done, manlet!
>>
WEBBY!
>>
>Wade

And how convenient that the seeds to have exited are in Clownman's quarter.
>>
YASSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
Rip in peace meds man
>>
>>77256862
It used to be those rules but Sky requested a sudden death leg in the 2013 edition to prevent overrunning.

As an example, the first round in 2002 saw Bob Anderson beat Peter Manley 17-15 in what should have been a first to 10.
>>
MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET MANLET
>>
Wade's career has shat the bed so spectacularly in the past year, it appears to be pretty much terminal now.

RIP in peace le 100-120 finish meds man. ;_:7
>>
>>77256894
I love the knowledgebase of /180/
>>
File: image[1].jpg (146KB, 630x446px) Image search: [Google]
image[1].jpg
146KB, 630x446px
>it's a midget webster interview
>>
>>77256862
>Even in tennis there is no tie break in the last set, so why in darts?
I just remembered the 9 hour 5th set between Isner and Mahut.
A bit harder in darts though because in tennis, they have like 20 courts and in Darts only 1 (one) stage
>>
THE STATE OF THAT ACCENT
>>
Will this be thw tournament of the unranked?
>>
File: 1500143372796.jpg (52KB, 514x514px) Image search: [Google]
1500143372796.jpg
52KB, 514x514px
>that interview
>>
>>77256934
Wade was defending £50k after >38-1.

He's lost £43k on the OoM after that.
>>
>>77256960

Alroight moi luvur??
>>
>>77256894
>the first round in 2002 saw Bob Anderson beat Peter Manley 17-15 in what should have been a first to 10
Thanks for the information. Well, sounds great. It's a shame that this has been cut due to broadcasting restrictions, but I guess Uncle Bazza sucks anyone's dick as long as it helps to ensure more TV coverage.

>>77256958
Would they switch courts in tennis on such a short note?
>>
From Twitter dartbrain Burton DeWitt:
>10 years ago Friday, James Wade woke up ranked #11. He went to bed Matchplay champion. In 9 days, he'll be out of top 8 for 1st time since.

That's remarkable.
>>
>gout goldfish man
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (26KB, 681x324px) Image search: [Google]
orig[1].jpg
26KB, 681x324px
If you have 3 hours to spare at some point, then you can watch someone send a toy Bully into space: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4RK3Ag5sSc
>>
[gameraising intensifies]
>>
Cmon kist put the game raiser to bed
>>
>>77256984
Well, in tennis, they would just play on the same court until the end of the day and continue to play on the next day on the same court.
If another match is scheduled on this exact court later (or on the next day), these other players can just play on a different court.
In darts, there is only one stage and if one match takes up the whole evening, there are little opportunities and if this happens once or twice, the tournament will take longer than scheduled.
>>
10-4 Anderson Id guess
>>
>>77257059
Well, okay, makes sense I guess. Still, it's a shame. Would be better to see them play until the end.
>>
>>77257053
Unlikely. Even with Gando's rubbish Blackpool record, Kist won't beat him unless something absolutely ridiculous happens.

Guilderfish is far too inconsistent.
>>
DAT DD20
>>
>>77257073
I know, we could get robbed of an epic 30-28 or something.
>>
TOPS TOPS
>>
>>77257073

>you will never see john henderson and adrian lewis slug it out in a four hour sweatfest
>>
>>77257118
>stage collapses due to the combination of obesity and sweat
>>
>>77257099
>>77257118
I just imagined a 30-28 between Pipe and Dolan. Maybe sudden death isn't too bad.
>>
>>77257139
>everyone when
>>
>>77257139
Now imagine Ricky Evans v Jelle Klaasen playing it out
>>
>>77257180
The board would feel like Dresden '44.

Well, no fun allowed for Kist tonight.
>>
>>77257218
>Well, no fun allowed for Kist tonight.
When Gary hit that tops for 3-1, his face just dropped.

Always been slightly disappointed by Kist because he's never really progressed. Just floated around the bottom half of the top 64.
>>
>>77257218
Please make it happen some day, or Evans v Gando
>>
That 89 was orgasmic.

>>77257292
>there will never be a Evans/Chizzy v Jelle/MVG v Smith/Ando triple threat pairs speedfest
>>
https://twitter.com/scottberwick/status/888857702734200832

top lel
>>
>>77257324
Does anyone remember a time where Vinny van der Voort was considered the fastest darts player on the planet?
>>
>>77257343
Shit, I forgot about Vinny.

>Ricky/Chizzy
>Jelle/VvdV
>Gando/Blubby
>MVG/Aidey

A fast fatal four way.
>>
>>77257369
I wouldn't mind at all if this happens
>>
Just noticed that the glow of Dresden was '45, not '44. Great, I don't know the history of my own country.

>>77257257
Must be frustrating to get beaten by a guy who just doesn't care.

>>77257292
I'm in, but only if Klaasen loses! Never liked gim.

>>77257343
I will miss the big guy when he's finally gone. Didn't look like he wanted to put any effort in it with all of his back troubles.
>>
>george noble having his 180 call cut off by impatient gando
>>
Butthurt Gameraiser
>>
>>77257439
>WHY WON'T THIS JOBBER ROLL OVER REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>77257426
lel

>>77257407
Same here, vinny's a cool guy

>PDC Order of Merit
>Taytay 8th, £321k
>Klaasen, 11th, £311k
What are the the chances Taylor will drop out of the Top 10 before playing the Worlds in December, considering the upcoming tournament?
He's won the Champions League which doesn't matter at all. Matchplay semis could be hard to defend (Price 1st round, potential match vs Barney in 2nd)
>>
>>77257488
>What are the the chances Taylor will drop out of the Top 10 before playing the Worlds in December, considering the upcoming tournament?
He's going to lose at least £15k through not participating in the Euro champs and Players Champs Finals due to not playing on the floor.
>>
File: henderson_freut_sich.jpg (25KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
henderson_freut_sich.jpg
25KB, 620x620px
>180's everywhere
>>
>>77257545
>Taylor dropping out of the Top 8 and top 10
MVG-Taylor Last 16 match incoming
>>
>gando
>>
Most impressive performance I've seen from Kist since he switched.

Not making it count by failing to hold after breaking though.
>>
>>77257609
German commentary said it was 12 breaks after 14 legs.
>>
Killer 76 frae Gameraiser.
>>
>Kist's average on 100
>>
Great match that.
>>
>Finishing on the Mensur
>When you're not Mensur
Only works if you don't giva a fuck.
>>
>Gando whining about MVG not playing tonight
>>
>a Clownman pre-match interview
>>
>le monkees man
>>
>que no pare la midlife crisis
>>
State of it
>>
>>77257931
>this is the World #3
>>
Great recovery from Wilson.

inb4 Clownman blames MUH JETLAG
>>
i have never been on a plane but is 5 days usually long enough to recover from jetlag?
>>
>leaving 166
>leaving 176
Go to bed.
>>
>>77258106
Gando is having a go at the PDC for putting MVG on Monday instead of the opening night and using jetlag at the reason.
>>
10-3 confirmed
>>
>>77258173
Maybe to Wilson.

Utter rubbish being thrown by the Clown.
>>
>>77258169
Game raising prick
>>
>a fucking clown
>>
File: 1401388895001.gif (302KB, 300x230px)
1401388895001.gif
302KB, 300x230px
SEND OUT THE CLOWNS
>>
>changing darts mid-match
What a fucking memester.
>>
Pigwife sighted.
>>
>>77258565
And now he's changing the flights on the changed darts.

Utter nutter.
>>
File: _39692965_manley.jpg (14KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
_39692965_manley.jpg
14KB, 300x200px
FFS forgot this started today

>Clownman
>>
THAT FLUKED 127
>>
DAT 127 ON THE BULL

FLIGHT CHANGING INTENSIFIES
>>
Fucking lol Smith and Wade went out. Mon the Dodger
>>
>>77258796
Smith imploded, Wade choked.
>>
>38
>"former BDO #1"
>>
File: bdo_darts.jpg (112KB, 494x768px) Image search: [Google]
bdo_darts.jpg
112KB, 494x768px
>68 left
>5,4
Not even once.
>>
The state of this fucking leg.
>>
Jammy Todger has crumbled under Clownman's foot.

Awful bottling.
>>
THE MAXIMUM BREAK

WILSON HAS BEEN WELL AND TRULY SNOOKERED
>>
Well that was a depressing choke
>>
Well, that last match was awful, thank god it is over. See you tomorrow guys!
>>
>muh travelling
>muh routine
Wright learning from his "compatriot" in how to whinge when winning.

Don't fucking go on the World Series events then, you dumb fucks.
>>
And that 147 brings an excruciating match to an end on what was an otherwise impressive evening.

Michael's Smith recent floor form once again counted for nothing on TV as he surrendered a 3-1 to exit at the hands of the debuting Steve West. As seems normal for Blubby Boy, an early spark was immediately doused by a Simply stunning 121 bull finish for 3-2 before conceding a further six legs that included a 104 for West. Smith's composure fell apart once again and only won two more legs.

James Wade made his second successive Matchplay exit at the first hurdle after a dogged battle with Darren Webster. The Machine hit a 121 on his way to a 6-2 lead before Manlet took 5 of the next 6 legs to tie the match. It was nip and tuck until 9-8 where the bipolar one had 3 darts to win but missed the lot and allowed a remarkable 102 from Manlet to take it into the extra legs. Wade claimed only two more legs as his woeful 2017 continues.

Gary Anderson had a tight affair against a spirited Christian Kist that saw a total of 19 180s and a 102 average for Gando. Kist kicked off with a double double tops 100 but lost the next 5 as the Scot looked to cruise through. However, the former Lakeside champion had other ideas, bringing it back to 6-5 but repeatedly failed to hold throw as Gando eventually prevailed 10-7.

Peter Wright then struggled to victory as a resilient James Wilson took a 3-0 lead and continued to maintain that lead with the Clown struggling for any sort of scoring power. A change of darts at 6-4 down seemed to be the answer and despite Wilson's fluked 127 and a terrible 16th leg that saw 12 missed darts, eventually scraped through.

We return tomorrow for the tournament's only double session:

>Jelle Klaasen v Justin Pipe
>Robert Thornton v Cristo Reyes
>Benito van de Pas v Daryl Gurney
>Mensur Suljovic v John Henderson

>Dave Chisnall v Mervyn King
>Phil Taylor v Gerwyn Price
>Raymond van Barneveld v Joe Cullen
>Kim Huybrechts v Alan Norris

See you then.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.