[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Top Teams in American Sports >built through proper scouting/drafting/trading/salary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 23

File: confusedpepecrude.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
confusedpepecrude.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>Top Teams in American Sports
>built through proper scouting/drafting/trading/salary cap management
>Top Teams in Soccer
>lol here's some oil money/mafia money/chink money/money stolen from the taxpayers, let me buy ur best player m8

>Yuros will defend this

>inb4 muh communism
We are talking about a sports league, not a country's economy. Salary caps allow teams to be on an even playing field and all teams have a chance to be great, unlike soccer where literally like 15 teams or more are irrelevant and the country's best/richest team just buy the other team's players. Parity is more important in sports than money.
>>
This isn't true, though. In baseball, for example, "big market" teams consistently dominate. Look at MLB Champions, from 1880 to the present day. New York, Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco.....big cities with big markets win titles over and over again. In the past decade, only one team outside of the top 10 in payrolls has won the WS, and that's Kansas City.

Same thing happens in football, too. Look at recent SB champs: New England, Denver, Seattle....all teams who have an entire region of the US to themselves. The only small market team that's consistently any good is Green Bay, and that's purely because they were bankrolled by Chicago for a decade, allowing them to build a fanbase and success.
>>
>>77246695
>Baseball
My dude, it's 2017, nobody watches that shit lmao.

And you're a crackhead if you think being part of a big city or a region has anything to do with football. The Jets have been historically shit for years yet are NYC's team. Being good in football comes down to your team having a good program with the coaching staff, front office, and players. I can tell you're probably a stupid spic from Mexico who has no idea what he's talking about. There's literally been 11 different SB champs since 2000.
>>
American sports are a Jewish invention too milk you even more.
>>
>>77246767
>gives counter argument
>lolno
kys retard
>>
Why dont you commie cucks have relegation instead of rewarding the shit team with good players
>>
>>77246767
>My dude, it's 2017, nobody watches that shit lmao.
Baseball smashes every other sport except football in terms of attendance and tv ratings.

>And you're a crackhead if you think being part of a big city or a region has anything to do with football. The Jets
Oh no, you're retarded.....the Jets? The team that reached back to back AFC championship games? The team that shares a city with the Giants, who have two SB wins in the past decade? Fuck off, you idiot.
>>
OP, the spickick fags aren't going away until you quit giving them attention
>>
>>77246654
>Salary caps allow teams to be on an even playing field

Is that why the same teams have appeared over and over again in the Superb Owl in the last 20 years?

I can't be arsed to count but I'm going to guess at least half of the NFL teams do not feature here
>>
File: laychester city.jpg (187KB, 962x611px) Image search: [Google]
laychester city.jpg
187KB, 962x611px
>>77246654

Also just to demolish your point of teams being "irrelevant" :D
>>
>>77246903
Yeah the same Jets that literally have 1 Super Bowl win in the 60s. The same Jets that has not had a winning record in half a decade.
>>
>>77246927
As compared to what 4 premiership teams?
>>
>>77246957
And? The Jets and Giants, between them, have consistently made it to the final few games over the past decade.

>>77246927
>I can't be arsed to count but I'm going to guess at least half of the NFL teams do not feature here

Not only do they not feature, but about 1/3 of NFL teams have literally never won a title. Ever, in their entire existence.
>>
The only people I hate more than foreigners are niggerball jigaboos.
>>
File: handegg.jpg (80KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
handegg.jpg
80KB, 700x500px
>>77246990
>"football"
>>
>>77247003
I can really tell you don't watch football, reaching the Champ game is irrelevant, no one cares about making it, I've never heard anyone celebrating losing in the NFC championship lmao. The fact that the Saints and Bucs have SB wins despite being historically shit teams tells you all you need to know.
>>
File: poopee.jpg (22KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
poopee.jpg
22KB, 640x360px
>>77246654
>parity in sports is more important than parity in real life
>>
>>77247003
>Not only do they not feature, but about 1/3 of NFL teams have literally never won a title. Ever, in their entire existence.
There you go. It's not equal at all.

Anyway whatever, yanks have their yank game, I can respect that, and we have our game. Well, the world has our game. Since it's the most popular game in the world.
>>
>>77247094
t. Liberal faggot who wants everything handed to them on a silver platter

People earn what they deserve.
>>
>>77247150
He forgot to mention that 4 of the 13 of the teams that never won are expansion teams. Like I said, he has no idea what he's talking about
>>
>>77247053
>I don't have an argument so I'll mention something off topic
>>
>>77247101
Yeah because impoverished poorfags who've never seen a toilet and think electricity is a tool of the devil can still play it. All it requires is a ball or goat head to play
>>
>>77247123
Apart from sports, where you want a commie system, L-O-L :D

>>77247188
The argument is go be a commie somewhere else, commie faggot

We'll be over here enjoying our freedom :D
>>
>>77247201
He says as a Muslim blows up a bus
>>
>SPORT """"""""""""""""FRANCHISES"""""""""""""""""""""

KEK, AND AMERIKEKS COMPLAIN ABOUT OIL MONEY

GOOD GOYS
>>
File: british pepe.png (226KB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
british pepe.png
226KB, 4500x4334px
>>77247199
Why are you so perturbed by its success, Tyrone? Are you flustered that your own little "sport" has never really taken off?
>>
>>77247201
He >>77247188 is arguing the same thing you are, you braindead island monkey
>>
File: top sports leagues revenue.jpg (121KB, 1600x994px) Image search: [Google]
top sports leagues revenue.jpg
121KB, 1600x994px
>>77247220
>Success

lol
>>
File: lol2.jpg (131KB, 858x990px) Image search: [Google]
lol2.jpg
131KB, 858x990px
>>77247211
He says as a Muslim blows up the twin towers

:^)
>>
>>77247234
We literally went to war from that, you guys just keep letting them into your country and defending them lmfao
>>
>>77247234
I am LMAOing at your life rn
>>
>>77247218
Good post Juan

>>77247225
>braindead
>founded your country
>invented the language you're speaking now
>our monarch still rules your country
El Oh El :D

>>77247233
>he defines success by the number of shekels that fat yank blobs are willing to throw at a "franchise"
Laughing My Anus Off :^)
>>
>>77247233
>Bundesliga 2 brings in more money than the Eredivisie
Embarrassing. How the mighty have fallen
>>
>>77247286
You didn't do anything and probably never will in your life
>>
File: san bernardino.jpg (224KB, 2000x1499px) Image search: [Google]
san bernardino.jpg
224KB, 2000x1499px
>>77247264
>he's trying to imply his country DIDN'T keep letting them in
Roflcopter :D

>>77247285
Why's that DeMarcus? We never had two massive skyscrapers felled by Muslims.
>>
>>77247286
>he defines 3rd worlders who have the lowest standard of living being fans as success

Lmao, the poorfag mentality is evident
>>
>>77247320
>Muslims are the real neckbeards

whoa...
>>
File: finals.png (28KB, 992x640px) Image search: [Google]
finals.png
28KB, 992x640px
>>77247313
I belong to the country that founded your country :D

>>77247321
I define number of fans as success. :^)
>>
File: uklovesmuslims.png (25KB, 674x206px) Image search: [Google]
uklovesmuslims.png
25KB, 674x206px
>>77247320
The leader of our country literally wanted to ban Muslims from entering.
Meanwhile in Englel...
>>
>>77247350
>I happily define subhumans who are literally too poor to have running water, electricity, or a car as fans

Lmao, please stop showing your poorfag, I know poor people stick together but sheesh come on man.
>>
>>77247264
>went to war from that
in Afghanistan, where no progress has been made in 16 fucking years, and Iraq, which had nothing to do with it and only destabilized the Mid-East further
>>
>>77247233
Reminder this doesn't count college football, which would be 3rd
>>77247350
>counting people who have to gather around the village TV to watch on an equal level with everyone else
>>77247220
lol no because Im American and the most American thing possible is to not care about international opinion about anything
>>
>>757247381
>62%
:D

>>77247409
>he can't stand the fact that literally nobody else in the world cares about his "sport" so he must come up with any reason he can to try and discredit the GIGANTIC fanbase of football worldwide
Sad!
>>
>>77247320
you could have stopped at we never had two massive syscrapers
>>
>>77247409
lol yeah, they need more sophisticated first world fans that will take selfies all game long while also generally not paying attention because they're not actually into the sport, they're bandwagoners with money attracted to spectacle
>>
>>77247456
I'd like to compare our sports as alcohol. American sports like football are a nice 25 year old whisky that few can afford but those rich who can immensely enjoy it as a higher quality of life. Meanwhile soccer is that $1.50 beer that everyone can buy but tastes like shit and is for plebs. Quality over quantity. Japan, a powerful country, adopted Baseball as their favorite sport. Meanwhile you introduced cricket to a billion people that literally shit in the streets.
>>
File: London-2015.jpg (1011KB, 1400x577px) Image search: [Google]
London-2015.jpg
1011KB, 1400x577px
>>77247455
>I-I-I-I-I d-d-d-d-don't care!
He says while creating a thread all about how much he cares, and then spends over an hour arguing about it too.

>>77247475
You're right, we've got far more than that.
>>
>>77246654
AMERICAN SPORTS = LITERAL COMMUNISM
>>
File: fat-packer-fan1.jpg (33KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
fat-packer-fan1.jpg
33KB, 500x334px
>>77247525
>American sports like football are a nice 25 year old whisky that few can afford but those rich who can immensely enjoy
I stopped reading right there.
>>
>>77247057
>I can really tell you don't watch football

You're a moron. I love football. I'm a huge Bears fan. I don't pretend to celebrate reaching a conference championship game, but if you deny the fact that big market teams have an advantage then you're retarded.

>>77247101
Exactly, this is what I'm saying. The NFL, for all of its rules, is bound by the simple law that more fans=more money=more playoff games. The only exception is Green Bay, and the only reason they even exist is that a big market team (Chicago) literally paid their bills and convinced the league to let them stay in the NFL.
>>
File: ugly british race.jpg (69KB, 615x403px) Image search: [Google]
ugly british race.jpg
69KB, 615x403px
>>77247567
>no argument
>"l-let me get a reply in"
>>
>>77247582
>Bears
You're just bitter your shit franchise hasn't done anything since 2006 lmao. And that's why you talk so much about Conference games, because the Bears went to one against the Packers and that's the only highlight since getting cucked by Peyton Manning and the Colts in 06. As Bear fan you have no one to blame but your shit front office for being such a bad team.
>>
>>77247582
>Exactly, this is what I'm saying. The NFL, for all of its rules, is bound by the simple law that more fans=more money=more playoff games. The only exception is Green Bay, and the only reason they even exist is that a big market team (Chicago) literally paid their bills and convinced the league to let them stay in the NFL.
I think we can agree that all sports are dominated by business these days.

>>77247587
>he's this buttflustered that i disproved his """"""argument""""""
>>
>>77246695

>orioles
>cusb
>tigers

I agree with you that baseball is a little fucked considering they don't have a salary cap but they have the best chance of not having a repeat champion of any major american sport
>>
>>77247543
I find it funny really the only major areas of the world that don't like soccer are the major extensions of the British Empire
>US
nope
>Canada
nope
>Australia
nope
>New Zealand
somewhat but not compared to rugby
>India
nope
>>
>>77247582
If big market teams are an advantage why have the richest team in the world, the Cowboys done literally nothing since Aikman? Why have the Eagles, who have spent the most cap money since 2010 done nothing?
>>
>>77247639
I know I thought about that. Maybe it's because you all really wanted to carve your own identities, separate from the oppressive redcoats.
>>
>>77247624
>my argument is that poor people watch my sport so it's better

Yeah there are millions of poor people working as janitors and very few are CEOs, is janitor a better job because more people work it?
>>
>>77247631
Yes, I agree completely. It's ironic, really. Baseball, the sport with the weakest salary cap, also has the most parity.

>>77247639
China, the Philippines, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Taiwan, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and so many other countries don't care about soccer. Don't be misled by the "world's game" advertisements ESPN makes once every 4 years. Soccer is the world's most popular sport, without question, but at the same time it isn't the #1 sport in countries outside of Europe, South America, and Sub-Saharan Africa.

>>77247643
I said big market teams have an advantage, not that they are guaranteed trophies. There is a world of difference between those two ideas.
>>
>>77246654

>Top Teams in American Sports

you mean giving niggers free scholarships to schools through MY tax and tuition dollars

fuck you. fuck college sports and fuck american sports
>>
>>77247670
Not in baseball. Baseball is far more cutthroat.
>>
>>77247233
yurobongs btfo
>>
File: handegg fan.jpg (35KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
handegg fan.jpg
35KB, 300x420px
>>77247657
>he thinks fat yank handegg fans are CEOs
HAHAHAHA :D
>>
>>77247668
What advantage do they have? You bring up Seattle but they were an irrelevant team until their front office drafted a bunch of good defensive players. You bring up New England but they were literally irrelevant until this millennium when they got the GOAT coach and QB. You bring up Denver, but again, they were irrelevant until they got Peyton Manning, a FREE AGENT. Your argument doesn't make sense, you act like having a "large market" means the team has more cap space or better chances of having a good front office/coaching staff. Sure maybe some players prefer larger markets for endorsements but that is not the deciding factor to why teams win, especially not in football.
>>
>>77247233
>B-but MLS is a major sport now!
>>
File: lavezzi.jpg (29KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
lavezzi.jpg
29KB, 620x465px
>>77247668
>China
It's becoming really popular there, Chinese teams are buying up top European and South American players all the time

Pic related
>>
>>77247731
Ummmm well according to >>77247233 they are, they literally contribute more money to the leagues than the combined leagues/countries in Europe. So yes, American fans are like CEOs, fewer in number but more powerful and soccer fans are like slaves, numerous but weak.
>>
>>77247732
>What advantage do they have?
Seattle is a massive market with the entire Pacific Northwest to themselves.

>>77247732
>You bring up New England but they were literally irrelevant until this millennium when they got the GOAT coach and QB. You bring up Denver, but again, they were irrelevant until they got Peyton Manning, a FREE AGENT.

Again, these are teams who essentially have country-sized areas all to themselves. New England, regardless of their past failures, is and always has been a massive market. You think it's a coincidence that the Pats, Bruins, Red Sox, and Celtics have all won titles in the past decade?
>>
>>77247737
I know. One of our failed youth products, Jimmer Fredette, is currently the Chinese league MVP lol. It's a lot like how Bradley Wright-Philipps was completely useless in England, but here in America he broke the MLS record for most goals in a season.
>>
File: IMG_2654.jpg (5KB, 104x68px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2654.jpg
5KB, 104x68px
>>77247587
>>
>>77247755
I still don't see your argument as to how being a massive market is an advantage. Are you saying refs will turn a blind eye to a penalty because the team is in a "large market"? Are you saying large markets are louder stadiums for away teams? I'm confused. I'm asking you to explain the benefits of having a large market directly contributes to winning Super Bowls.
>>
>>77247746
>fat yanks giving money to their favourite """""""""""""""""""""franchise""""""""""""""""""""" by buying the merchandise™ and the expensive game tickets™ and the branded food™ and beer™ at the concession stand™
>this makes them CEOs
Um, no sweetie
This makes them corporate bitches :D
>>
>>77247776
>I still don't see your argument as to how being a massive market is an advantage.
Maybe I wasn't clear. Being a big market brings more fans, which brings more endorsement opportunities, which attracts top free agents.

>Are you saying large markets are louder stadiums for away teams?
Actually, yes. This is a pretty fun thing to look at. Again, I'm a Bears fan. And we have so many fans nationwide that Matt Ryan had to use the silent count in his "home" stadium because the Bears fans in Atlanta were being too loud in Ryan's "home stadium".
>>
>>77247778
>Americans have expendable income that they can use toward their hobbies, such as favorite sports teams
>Soccer fans are dirt poor and have no money to spend on their favorite sports teams

This makes them people with a high standard of living that have extra money to spend on things they like :)
Are you saying soccer fans don't have any money to spend on soccer?
>>
>>77247778
>The UBS NFL

Oh wait that's preposterous just the Barclays Premier League
>>
>>77247746
This only counts pro team sports too. If you counted every sport college football and basketball, Nascar, PGA golf, UFC, and probably Indycar would be on there and the only thing anyone else would add is Formula 1 and Tennis
>>
>>77247812
>Are you saying soccer fans don't have any money to spend on soccer?
I'm saying football fans are too sensible to spend money on stupid unnecessary corporate bollocks :D

>>77247816
>Here's the Pepsi™ Half-Time Show
>Look at the coaches' Bose™ headsets
>Now they're using the Microsoft Surface™ to discuss strategy
>Now let's cut to a commercial break
>Buy an Audi™car
>Buy Geico™ insurance
>Buy a Chevrolet™ Camaro™
>Buy a Cadillac™
>Buy some Doritos™
>Buy some Mountain Dew™
>And now we're back
>Boy I bet they'll throw some Gatorade™ over the coach at the end of the game
>Woah, steady John, don't want to ruin the Nike™uniforms they've got out there
And of course the worst thing is that you guys cut to adverts every 5 minutes or so

We don't do that. Our sport is uninterrupted, until half-time. We like watching the sport rather than the adverts. I guess you guys like the adverts though - okay, that's your prerogative I guess.
>>
>>77247810
Now you're just pulling at strings and have no idea what you're talking about. I could see the endorsement argument for basketball but I've never heard of a football player signing to a team because they'll make more endorsement money from them. Why doesn't Dallas or California teams attract the biggest free agents then? Again, most of Seattle's team was built from drafting, endorsements/amount of fans had nothing to do with them getting Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, and Kam Chancellor in the draft.

And yeah loud stadiums really help lol, the Bears away fans sure make teams pay when they play lmfao. I heard no one wants to play the Bears because their fans are so loud!

Your argument is weak, you ignore the fact that the best teams are the best primarily because of team building and focus that endorsements and stadium noise is why teams are good. Try again buddy.
>>
>>77247863
You're literally a walking advertisement every team you put on a soccer jersey lmao
>>
Fuck off commie
>>
>>77247863
>I'm saying football fans are too sensible to spend money on stupid unnecessary corporate bollocks :D

Yeah all those soccer fans in Africa, India, and South America that inflate your fanbase sorta need to spend that money on stuff to make sure they don't die i.e shelter and food lol.
>>
>>77247875
>I heard no one wants to play the Bears because their fans are so loud!
Nobody wants to play for us because we suck

>Your argument is weak, you ignore the fact that the best teams are the best primarily because of team building
The best teams are the best because of a combination of big market draw and team building. "Small market" (often medium market, really) teams that reach the SB are flash-in-the-pan teams that take 10+ years to make it again. Be honest, do you see Tennesee making the SB again? Minnesota? Cleveland? Jacksonville? Probably not.
>>
>Americommunisms
>>
>w-w-we d-don't care a-b-bout s-saawker, football stronk. pls rate my sport.
>>
>>77246942

>literally a once in a century result
>acting like this disproves the norm
>>
>>77247930
>New York
Jets are awful, Giants got 2 SB recently but they havent been much to speak of outside of that in 25 years
>LA
didn't even have a team, no SBs in about 30 yrs
>Chicago
1 super bowl 30 years ago
>Dallas
Havent even reached the NFC championship in 20+ years despite having easily the largest fanbase in the 4th largest metro area
>Philly
nothing
>Houston
nothing
>DC
nothing in 25 years
>Miami
complete joke since Marino retired
>Atlanta
Medicore, no super bowls
>Boston
Finally a good team

Those are the 10 largest markets, the top 10 teams from the 9 markets have won 2 of the last 22 titles.
>>
>>77248037
You're taking population size alone for these cities and ignoring the fact that Boston, Denver, and Seattle have country-sized regions all to themselves
>>
>>77248041
Those arent big markets teams lol. A fan in Helena, Montana 9 hours away rooting for the Seahawks doesnt have the same power of a fan living in the actual city of the team he roots for.

How many games is that fan in Montana going to go to or would to create the demand to drive up ticket prices? Seattle and Denver are both middle-tier draws nationally for games, and New England was until they became good.
>>
Europeans like losers; Americans don't.

There's a good Stephen Fry video on YouTube discussing this (Brits vs. Americans).
>>
MLB is so fucking unfair. I've seen my city win 7 championships in other sports in my lifetime, but I've reconciled with the fact that I'll never see my baseball team win a championship just because we're in a "small market" and ownership won't spend a 3rd of what other competitive teams spend. The sport of baseball is fine, but the league is for patsies. Won't watch it; won't support it.
>>
>>77248108

Kansas City just won one, you idiot
>>
>>77248122
Kansas City spent more than at least half the other teams in the league and had a shit ton of luck. Won't ever happen again. Enjoy being bamboozled, dip.
>>
>>77248108
Fuck off Yinzer
>>
>>77248135

cleveland indians : 21 of 30 in payrolls last year

took a meme team with (((pilates))) to a game 7 and led before a rain delay
>>
>>77248187

to add to this

>The New York Mets salary was $94,761,105 (2015), putting them 21st out of 30

>the Boston Red Sox spent $178,513,094, the third highest payroll in the league. the team posted a 78–84 record, and finished last place in the American League East
>>
File: 1500507546921.jpg (30KB, 512x409px) Image search: [Google]
1500507546921.jpg
30KB, 512x409px
>>77246903
>Baseball smashes ratings and ticket sales
Baseball competes against 0 other real sports for ratings, and has double the number of games as basketball/hockey for people to get tickets.
kys
>>
ITT Amerifarts unironically defend socialism in entertainment to have "equity" and "parity" (but are hellbent against universal free healthcare)
>>
File: 1370652779484.jpg (19KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
1370652779484.jpg
19KB, 640x435px
>>77248900

Why the fuck do Europeans feel compelled to come into threads that are dedicated to American sports to bring up American political policy?

Literally every thread on /sp/ is Americans discussing sports then some gross third worlder chimes in; WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY SO OBSESSED BROS?
>>
>>77249194
>OP is literally "why are American sports good an non-American sports bad
>gets mad when non-Americans show up
>>
Pretty true desu.

Yuros are gonna wake up and sperg about this, well done.
>>
File: 1500693541781.jpg (1MB, 1500x2328px) Image search: [Google]
1500693541781.jpg
1MB, 1500x2328px
>>77249194
ITT Amerisharts get mad when rest of the world call them out on their BS
>>
>>77246654
what team stole money from the taxpapers tho?
>>
>>77249650
Real Madrid
>>
>>77247668
Football is the no.1 watched sport in China and 2nd most played one (after ping pong)

In fact the Chinese President recently ordered his government to make sure China will be able to seriously compete for the World Cup by 2030.
>>
File: 1493495693629.jpg (2MB, 946x9843px) Image search: [Google]
1493495693629.jpg
2MB, 946x9843px
>>
>>77250220
USA rekt
>>
File: 14810741440402.png (313KB, 358x368px) Image search: [Google]
14810741440402.png
313KB, 358x368px
salary caps is the biggest jewish trick in sports. ameritard sports is literally a communist dystopia, just like their country is going to become in 50-60 years.
>>
>>77247123
sure commietard
>>
>>77247264
I love how the average american on /sp/ is a walking stereotype

>We

no you didn't do shit you obese bucket of lard
>>
>>77246695
I suppose this is why the Bears and the Jets are good football teams.../s
>>
>>77247889
>today i'm going to wear my Nike™ jersey for the St. Louis Rams™
>oh, whoops, looks like my favourite team has relocated to a more profitable market™
Laughing my anus off :D
>>
>>77246654

If we do that our best players would just move to other countries without all the commie bullshit.

Amerifats solved this problem by creating their own sports so they don't have to compete with other countries.
>>
File: 1477077481418.png (2MB, 1059x802px) Image search: [Google]
1477077481418.png
2MB, 1059x802px
>mfw an Americommie was triggered by the free market near me
>>
>>77246695
>"big market" teams consistently dominate. Look at MLB
the SF market is not as big as you believe and the city is literally a slightly larger las vegas in terms of city limits.

the bay area has two baseball teams , one basketball team , one hockey team and soon one football team.

Oakland hasn't won a chip since 90 or 89 , the warriors were total trash until 2015 and also didn't win a chip from the 70s to 2015

Sharks are trash
Giants were complete trash until 2010 then trash then lucky trash then trash then luckier trash oh and btw they also spent the average to slightly average during those championship runs never the top 10 or even 15 in many cases

LA hasn't won a superbowl since the raiders in 83 , hasn't won a world series since 88 and squeaked in two Stanley cups after 56 or more years of nothing in 2010 and 2012. Lakers in the 60s 70s and 80s were built properly and bought from later 80s , paused in the 90s and built then bought in the 90s to late 2000s

long story short no the big market teams don't dominate this isn't the 70s anymore
>>
Ameridonalds getting BTFO ITT
>>
>>77252532
pretty sure ameridonald's and furthermore their president only have vague impressions of what a free market is
>>
>>77247670
>muh taxes
>>
>>77246654
I wish MLB had salary caps
>>
>>77246767
>nobody watches that shit
I don't like baseball on TV, but baseball is the best sport to watch in person. Football is full of drunk assholes, and retards, basketball is fun, but you have to stay focused.

Baseball is relaxed, you can talk to friends, and there are qt grils there too. And it's cheap.
>>
>>77246654
this post omg. It reeks of lack of self-esteem and pityful self-justification

>muh communism is justified because it makes our sports great
not even. your sports suck AND are communist

your leagues are socialist
>salary caps
>luxury tax
>draft
>shared revenue
>powerful players unions
funnily you'll defend them. whatever.

Your first point is also true for our leagues. A lot of succesfull teams are made by
Like Dortmund in 2011-2013, or now RB Leipzig. Because they have money? If so the PSG would have won each UCL since 2010
Fact is, in football, money isn't everything, you can't throw money to buy the most expensive players and make a functional team. You can't because it's a social game, where a team must be cohesive. Why Real Madrid CF resurrected with Zidane as manager? Because Zidane managed all this team egos and put them in their places, to work as a team.
There are so much more examples of (You) being wrong and idiotic, I could write whole books about it
>>
>>77247525
Are you retarded? Also in countries like Germany or Finland is football the most popular sport while also in countries like Cuba or Dominican Republic is baseball the most popular sport.
>>
>>77253632
caps keep corruption at bay at least. euro soccer is plagued by corruption at every fucking level. it's making it unbearable. the qatar world cup is going to be an absolute fucking shit show
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.