[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is darts a sport?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: N0fZ4n1.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
N0fZ4n1.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
https://youtu.be/pGNZ3GqYrVY

takes a ridiculous amount of precision to be good, and theres no judge involved.
>>
Yes.
/thread
>>
>>77228782
>>>/asp/
>>
yes it's a sport. a good one too
>>
good fun to watch to be fair
>>
>>77228787
Have you seen /asp/? Its literally /wwe/

Imo anything that is fake entertainment or a competition with judges should go there, darts is based on talent alone
>>
File: fordham.jpg (9KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
fordham.jpg
9KB, 224x225px
Yes. Some of the greatest athletes in the world can be found on the pro darts tour.
>>
>>77229401
Is that Vince Wilfork? I thought he was black in addition to obese and stinking.
>>
File: operation.jpg (77KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
operation.jpg
77KB, 520x520px
>>77228782
to me personally the physical/athletic part is too minor, it's more of a game.

Pic related is a sport, too, if darts is
>>
>>77229414
>Not knowing Andy Fordham
>Favela education
>>
>>77230783
For me, it's the cheekiest Jackpot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOHMm6UkgF8
>>
>>77228876
>Imo anything that is fake entertainment or a competition with judges should go there, darts is based on talent alone
Completely agree
>>
>>77230223
if people took operation seriously then sure why not
>>
>>77228782
not really

its interesting at times but isnt a sport since you hardly have any influence on your opponent and its not physically demanding
>>
>>77229401
They spend up to ten hours every single day throwing darts at a board, not gonna be the fittest guys around desu
>>
>>77231360
>someone who has never been in a darts competition
>its not physically demanding
once youve been to an all day darts tourney youll change ur mind, you wont be losing weight but by the end of the day your arm will be ready to fall off, your knees will hurt like shit, and youll have some back pain for a day or 2.
>>
>>77231428
i spend most time sitting in front of my computer masturbating and playing games and i'm not like that
>>
>>77231428

Fordham is fit. Drinking 24 pints of beer before every match is physically more impressive than jogging around for 90min.
>>
which is the closest to a sport?
darts
snooker
poker
vidya games
>>
>>77231556
darts and snooker imo
>>
>>77231556
poker is a card game

darts and snooker are both sports
>>
>>77231556
cue sports are as old as the united kingdom. and snooker is up there as one of hardest sports in the world
>>
>>77231542
>before every match.
So, what like all the time since the last match?
>>
>>77231542
>Drinking 24 pints of beer before every match is physically more impressive than jogging around for 90min

Just what

Andy Fordham is lucky to still be alive with the shit he put his body through.
>>
>>77231786

Fordham's health has long been a concern. At one point he weighed 31 stone (197 kilograms, 434 lbs) and was in the habit of consuming 25 bottles of lager before going on stage to play.
>>
And Ted Hankey had a stroke on stage.

>Hankey was then seen rubbing his left eye repeatedly and losing his balance, and Van Gerwen eventually won the match 5–0 with a 90 average. Afterwards, Hankey was accused by many of being inebriated on stage, but was initially diagnosed with a heavy chest infection which he claimed affected his synapses.[11] However, after further tests, two days later it was revealed that Hankey had suffered a stroke, had very high cholesterol and diabetes and needed six to eight weeks rest,
>>
>>77228782
>no judge involved
>the board never lies
Pick one.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.