[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people watch this shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: _95903067_bottas_getty1.jpg (28KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
_95903067_bottas_getty1.jpg
28KB, 480x270px
I came back to this shit this year only to notice that sounds are gay not like real formula and no overtaking happens, it's just drivers driving around and you already know Ferrari or Mercedes will win unless they crash so why do people watch this?
>>
Maybe because you don't have any money to pay for cable television.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
>>77210665
For example DTM is much better, actual racing happens.
>>
File: 1500488938247.webm (2MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1500488938247.webm
2MB, 720x576px
>>77210665
>>
>>77210665
>the sounds are gay
This kills auto racing, half of what makes it cool is the sound...F1 needs to drop all pretense of environmentalism for the race cars (keep it for support vehicles) and just tell them to make the fastest, loudest engines they can think of
>>
>>77210665
b-but it's the pinnacle of motorsport!
>>
>>77211907
It really is though
>>
>>77212573
LMP1 is more technologically advanced
>>
>>77210665

The media coverage around it keeps people engaged.

Sadly thats it. In terms of racing theres vastly better series around, in fact, Nismo TV will be streaming Super GT LIVE this weekend. It is the best racing series in the world, bar none.

It has all that good stuff like cool sounds, open development, tyre wars and multi-class racing without any of the memes that have plagued modern motorsport like DRS.

Just good old pure honest wheel to wheel racing senpai. Check out this season's races here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtElEI41NT-mPvdevx8fXMbQHO4Vd7GJP
>>
>>77214161
Thanks for giving me a worthy autosport to check out
>>
>>77210665
>why do people watch this?
Fastest cars and the best drivers in the world

Yeah it's not a great spectator sport but it's a spectacle itself
>>
>>77210665
So, how's the weight loss going?
>>
>>77212616
too bad their drivers are F1 rejects or former F1 drivers that got too old for the most part
>>
Pretty much anyone I've met that is a fan of car racing is dumb as a rock.
>>
>>77211884
The lack of noise isn't anything to do with sound. Noise is a strange thing and can be designed into or out of a system.

Nobody though about sound when putting the new regulations together, and through ERS and the standard exhaust, they deadened it. F1 is moving to twin-track with no MGU-H for 2021 specifically to deal with the noise issue (it's 80's technology, but well, gotta put on a show!)
>>
>>77218037
you're in the US so most people you meet are probably not very bright
>>
>>77210665
I love everything about the idea of formula 1, but it's on-track product is totally unwatchable and why I'm a megacasual. I follow it enough to know what's going on, but I never actually watch it.
>>
>>77218037

How many of them were fan of top tier racing series? Aka the ones that have at maximum 2 races in the US
>>
>>77218352
They're typically brighter than most people who respond to me online, though.

>>77218486
They're into Nascar here. One friend's family is really into it. So was one of my ex's. She dragged me to some big race in Chicago. Nearly three hours of cars driving in a circle at a deafening volume is not a sport.
>>
>>77210665
the last few races have been pretty good tbhfamily
>>
>>77218569
>They're into Nascar here.

That explains it all
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.