[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he worth £1.8m per year to tell shit jokes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 5

Is he worth £1.8m per year to tell shit jokes?
>>
depends who the alternative is
>>
>>77203098
Does it matter though? I mean, no one watches MOTD for Gary Lineker, or the shit punditry/analysis, so why the need to pay him so much?
>>
Isn't this just a scheme to destroy the BBC, like the government did with British Rail and are doing with the NHS atm?
>>
No, it isn't. I can watch MotD when it's guest-hosted by Dan Walker or Mark Chapman and it's no different. Gary is far from irreplaceable.
>>
>>77203122
BBC doesn't need destroying, but it's revenue model needs a radical change.

People are pissed because they are essentially forced to pay the TV license so the BBC can pay some utter nomark on Casualty £400k a year
>>
No, and in the interests of equality I think he should be replayed by Nadiya from the great British bake off.
>>
>Alan Shearer is paid 400 grand to turn up and say literally nothing of value

This is even worse.
>>
>>77203125
Chapman yes, but Walker is just too bland of a personality
>>
>>77203264
Why does it matter? No one watches MOTD for the personalties
>>
> earns twice as much as based Graham Norton

what the fuck, Britain?
>>
>>77203339
Tbh I would rather Norton turn up than Lineker, he was pretty based with the Eurovision banter
>>
>Jason Mohamed is paid £300k to cover Mark Chapman when he can't make MotD2
>>
>>77203339
Norton gets paid in suits
And sexual favours from Jermaine Jenas
>>
>>77203339
He doesn't though. That is just for his radio show. His Tv program is independently produced
>>
>>77203258
lol Shearer is by far the best pundit they have.

Actually Keown is pretty good too.
>>
File: 1421694152805.jpg (71KB, 442x933px) Image search: [Google]
1421694152805.jpg
71KB, 442x933px
>>77203543
>Actually Keown is pretty good too.
>>
>>77203098
claire balding probably
>>
>>77203762
She's never done MOTD before, so no
>>
>>77203122
>like the government did with British Rail
Is the british rail really in a bad situation?
>>
I think lineker is worth it. alan fucking shearer shouldn't be getting £450k a year for his inane punditry though.
>>
does this include his twitter feed?
>>
>>77203976
>I think lineker is worth it.
How exactly FFS? How is he worth £1.8m per year to do a job he doesn't necessarily have to do? It's role that others, who don't demand the amount, can do.

>>77204023
No, that is completely unrelated to BBC
>>
Why do you plebs have such a hard time understanding Linekers salary??

>English
>Successful footballer both home and aborad
>Nice guy image
>Literally a house wife and grannys favourite
>Non threatening
>Can actually talk and present a show in a way that does not border on exciting, but is not dull.
>Consumate professional
>Can actually provide insight into whats happening as opposed to somebody like Adrian Chiles on MOTD2
>Has shown absolute loyalty to the BBC when he has better offers elsewhere in a period when MOTD needed to replace one of its most iconic presenters in Des Lynham

That Lineker does not draw complaints, does not turn viewers off makes him a worthwhile investment.

Look at the viewing figures for MOTD vs MOTD2 vs MOTD3. Even on reduced capacity weekends where there are little to no fixtures Lineker still pulls in a minimum of 4m viewers on a bad day.
>>
>>77204554
>Why do you plebs have such a hard time understanding Linekers salary??
Because what he does at the BBC does not require him being paid that much, you stupid cunt.

People watch MOTD when Logan, Walker, Chapman host it, so Lineker is not an integral and vital part of that show.
>>
wish they would let gabby logan do it every week desu
>>
>>77204554
>Has shown absolute loyalty to the BBC
By being paid nearly £2m a year and subsidises his earnings with a BT Sport contract and Walkers endorsement.

I wonder how loyal he'd be to the BBC if he was paid a tenth of what he is.
>>
>chris evans the highest paid

fucking how?
>>
>>77204754
Because the BBC is fucking deranged and rewards cocksuckers who vehemently defend the organisation on the press and on social media.
>>
>>77204040

he's a nice fella - never booked you know - and he makes it comfy.
>>
>>77204781
FACHT
>>
>>77204786
You're not forced to pay for it through threat of prosecution and criminalisation though.
>>
>>77203887
rail is a devolved issue, but it's a disgrace in scotland.

an 8 year contract was awarded to the Dutch company who run the rail network in Netherlands, and all the profit they make in Scotland goes primarily into improving the Dutch services. They also charge us the highest rail fares in the whole of Europe. And it's not like they even do a good job, they are fucking disgraceful at it and have the cheek to charge us an arm and a leg and then spend the money on the Dutch services.

the situation in England is bad as well, although i don't know the details. they have bad problems with delays and cancelations in routes going into London i believe
>>
>>77204754
I dislike Chris Evans but he gets at worst 10m listeners a day, it floats around 14m. That's a feat. I get why he is paid so much, even if I agree it is far too much. But Lineker is entirely replaceable.

The worst part that most people aren't picking up on is that Gary's salary isn't even his biggest earner. He also now has those connections within the BBC to get his own shows (he owns Goalhanger Films) put on the air and he gets a comfortable payment for those too. He even saves a bit of money by hosting a lot of them himself.
>>
How much did they paid for Mbappé and Pogba again?
Those are some pretty bad weekly jokes.
>>
>>77203122
Hopefully they succeed in destroying the bbc
>>
>All those Radio 2 and 5live presenters
Haven't heard of 90% of them but the only one I can say with confidence deserves nothing for his show is Simon Mayo
>>
>>77204844
Terry Wogan got a similar audience prior to him and Evans successor will likely too. People will tune it because it is BBC Radio 2 Breakfast.

Oh and his show gets 9m listeners. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/26/chris-evans-listener-figures-drop-after-his-departure-from-top-g/
>>
>>77204927
>"People will tune it because it is BBC Radio 2 Breakfast"
>Proceeds to link an outdated article that proves people do actually tune out at times

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>77205016
It's clearly OP and he's been autistic all thread
>>
>>77205016
Are people still listening to it or not?. The brand that appeals to most is the BBC, not Chris Evans. Only Attenborough is bigger than the Beeb, everyone else is expendable, so why is it necessary to pay them huge sums of public money?

And if the date of the article annoys you. Post a recent one that supports your claim he gets 10m/14m listeners.
>>
>>77205028
BTFO of any bollocks you've posted though
>>
>>77203094
I think a child Syrian refugee should take his place instead
>>
>>77203122
Basically yes

Enjoy Americanisation.
>>
>>77204834
southern and overground(owned by london) are the bad ones in the south
the rest are ok
>>
>>77205729
If the BBC is as great as people make out than surely it can reform its revenue model and make it purely a choice-based subscription
>>
>>77205767
>Lineker costs an average of 50p a year per MOTD viewer
>Evans an average of 25p a year per listener
>WHY DONT THEY GIVE 25P TO OUR BRAVE NURSES?
>>
>>77205797
>he thinks viewing figures matter for a publicly funded broadcaster

lmao
>>
>>77205785
That logic assumes viewers want quality tv. Mostly they don't. People want to see strangers fucking, delusional freaks and emotional breakdowns.
>>
>Public funding goes into this shit
I'd be pissed too.
>>
>>77203094
>He unironically said Barca PSG match was the best match he ever saw
KEK
>>
>>77205864
>Mostly they don't
More people watched Planet Earth II than X-Factor.

Don't assume to know what the people actually want.
>>
>>77203122
>Isn't this just a scheme to destroy the BBC, like the government did with British Rail and are doing with the NHS atm?
Yeah

BBC are a public broadcaster in competition with private ones and the Tories just told every private company exactly how much all of BBC's talent makes so they can go and poach them

There is no benefit to making their wages known
>>
>>77206069
>so they can go and poach them
Who the fuck is going to pay Matt Baker more than the £500k he gets at the BBC?
>>
>>77205864
>People want to see strangers fucking, delusional freaks and emotional breakdowns
No they don't, TV channels broadcast that shit because it costs fuck all to make that doesn't mean people prefer it
>>
>>77206096
ITV paid Susanna Reid a shitload of money just because some people turned on breakfast to wank to her
>>
>>77206122
guilty
>>
>>77206122
You mean before BBC releases details of her salary?

You're posting shit, m8
>>
>>77206069
Good, they've wasted taxpayer money nd their news broadcasting has turned from mostly impartial to complete lefty drivel
>>
>>77206112
this
>>
>>77206239
Yes I'm illustrating what happens to the BBC with an example where a broadcaster knew what a BBC employee was earning before they offered them a contract.

Unfortunately you're thick as pig shit so even this is too much for you to comprehend
>>
>>77206269
>Tories just told every private company exactly how much all of BBC's talent makes so they can go and poach them

You say this, then now admit that other broadcaster already knew the salaries of BBC "talent".

Fucking dopey cunt.
>>
>0.04 kyle walkers a year for a SJW crisp merchant
>>
>>77206301
No they already knew her salary because she was up for renewal and had a new offer from the BBC

This is about them knowing how much everyone is on at all times so they can swoop in and steal them
>>
Unironically watch dave more than i'd watch BBC
>>
>>77206342
They can find out regardless, they don't need a mass release of data regarding salaries, you utter fucking knob.
>>
>>77206348
Isn't most of Dave just BBC repeats?

Or is that some other channel?
>>
>>77206348
QUEST is where its at m8
>>
TV licence needs to be scrapped. Why am I subsidising these salaries?
>>
>>77206248
You know the BBC follows whatever the government policy is. If anything it's got a right bias.
>>
hmmm, so the bbc loses its six nations and the open coverage so they can continue paying people who do the same job as others do for a fraction of the cost.

why does reading a fucking autocue demand nearly £2m a year.

then there's all the money he makes from goalhanger productions who the bbc pay to make programs
>>
>>77206464
>bbc
>right bias

lmao
>>
>>77206481
Fiscally right, socially left?
>>
>>77203098

Does it really? You only really watch for the football

They could get James Richardson for a quarter the money
>>
File: 1430867071531.jpg (55KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1430867071531.jpg
55KB, 380x380px
>Dares to publicly hold political opinions
>All of a sudden /pol/tards constantly shit on him and make threads about him

Really makes you think
>>
I see Yer Da is fuming about "bloody left luvvies" getting paid again
>>
>>77206605
He doesn't even do it regularly as well
>>
>>77203110

Same with all of them. Norton is one of the few who is is irreplaceable. The rest just present and read from script. Who watches strictly for Tess Daly or Strokeface Winklemen? Can't believe the BBC just bends over and throws money at everyone. They should just say fuck you're replaceable

They could save half a million just from scrapping Shearer. Wouldn't make a difference to motd, might even improve it.
>>
>>77206659
Unfortunately FT banter has not caught on on /sp/
>>
>>77206685
>FT banter

u wot m8
>>
>>77203094
Why the fuck do they even need to have ''''experts'''anyway?

I always watch it the following day online skipping the ''analysis'',like fuck,I know the Hull centre half should have stuck with his man without that nigger Wright saying it, i know Charlie Austin should have scored from there without halfwit Alan Shearer saying he's got to do better for him.

Just fucking scrap those useless cunts alltogether and show the damn highlights.
>>
>>77203094
Yes
>>77203098
a woman
>>
>>77206695
Football Twitter. Yer da banter is all over it.
>>
File: limm.jpg (146KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
limm.jpg
146KB, 476x476px
>>77206773
Stop the cultural appropriation, Yer Da stems from Scottish twitter, particularly Limmy, as a way to mock outraged daily mail readers who spend their days getting angry over the colour of their passports or saying how much better everything used to be
>>
>>77206605
Argument is about his salary, not the shit he mouths off about on Twitter
>>
Chapman is a much better MOTD presenter than linecuck
>>
>>77206873
Yup, I even preferred that Norn Irish lad who used to do it.
>>
>>77206909

He was a good man
>>
>>77206605
He's a twat mate nothing to do with his views. Well, apart from his footballing ones which are absolute dog shite.
>>
>>77206909
HATED colin murray

annoying cunt
>>
>>77207345
Fuck off, Gary. Your days are numbered
>>
>>77207363
not a fan of gary either, definitely shouldn't be paid anywhere near as much as he gets but at least he doesn't make the program unwatchable
>>
>>77206909

He's the biggest prick ever to get a job on tv. Hope he's on the dole now.
>>
>>77207617
Wrong religion?
>>
I really appreciate how the Tories managed to release this to brush off their imminent shit storm.
>>
File: 010.jpg (301KB, 900x1234px) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
301KB, 900x1234px
>bongs pay almost £2 million in taxes to listen to a man lecture to them about accepting more refugees
>>
>>77203094
As long as it isn't Adrian Chiles I don't care who presents football
>>
>>77210006
but it's been in the planning for ages, you melt
>>
>>77203094
YES fuck me he's the only cunt holding this shit show together, an surprisingly Jermaine jenas.
>>
>>77211455
Mmm. Jermaine, you need to leave
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.