[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clinching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: freehugs.jpg (831KB, 3208x3127px) Image search: [Google]
freehugs.jpg
831KB, 3208x3127px
Can someone explain to me why clinching is legal?

Why the actual fuck isn't there some rule that limits how many times a boxer can hug it out in a round, can someone explain it to me like the autist I am?
>>
Because boxing is shit. Watch kickboxing or MMA
>>
because that'd be perceived as anti-gay, and that's just not the world we live in anymore
>>
>>77173834
>mma
yeah go watch them hump each other lovingly instead
>>
It had an actual use before it became niggers starting exploiting the rules
>>
>>77174019
I could lovingly hump you into an early grave my guy.
>>
I don't know but I love a good successful clinch break attack
>>
>>77173820
A lot of fighters start out as sparring partners, clinching and surviving is what they're taught to do. But you can get disqualified like what happened when Mike Tyson fought Jesse Ferguson.

But it's not really a DQ for clinching, it was a DQ for ignoring the ref. Refs should deduct points more, Michael Griffin refereeing Klitschko vs. Jennings was a good display but even he was very lenient but he gave an absurd amount of warnings before actually doing something about it.
>>
File: Mike tyson elbow.gif (1MB, 490x360px) Image search: [Google]
Mike tyson elbow.gif
1MB, 490x360px
>>77173820
HS wrestling coach/nidan in judo (2nd degree black belt)

Im mainly a grappler but i enjoy all forms of combat sports.

From what i understand clinching within the ruleset of boxing is illegal, In amature circuits refs will give little to no time before they break the clinch and deduce a point toward the person that started the clinch.

At the professional level however there is no point deduction and time spent in clinch varies ref to ref. Within that context you see people develop a metagame/higher level tactics/strategies around that.

So then you ask why do people clinch in boxing since its a striking style and clinch work is seen as mainly grappling.

The stamina needed to strike and the stamina needed to pummel (the gripping and regripping within clinch) is vastly different. Clinchers in general can fatigue their opponents with constant clinching, smother or mute the sting and impact of strikes from clinching. And even implement more aggressive/offensive tactics by working the body, arms/launching uppercuts. Then there are a bunch of other dirtier tactics that people game the system with, from stepping on peoples boots, biting, head butts, shoulder locks, etc
>>
>>77173820
because elbowing is illegal, if elbowing were legal, boxers would be wary of the clinch
>>
File: shoulder crank mike tyson.webm (881KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder crank mike tyson.webm
881KB, 640x480px
>>77174298
I sorta rambled in my last post and i am not sure if i addressed the other part of your question about limits of time, boxing fans could correct me if i am wrong but there is "limited" time in the clinch and depending on the ref some of them let people work longer or not within the clinch

If you look at the link below there are several gifs of Mayweather and his opponents clinching

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/mayweather-versus-maidana-when-does-boxing-become-wrestling

Again depending on the ref, some fighters are able to work several punches before the clinch is broken, while in other instances the clinch is broken practically right away. However it gave the person who initiated the clinch a few half seconds to recoup and rest, or even pummel/grip fight and wear out their opponent
>>
File: clinch elbow arm trap.gif (663KB, 445x250px) Image search: [Google]
clinch elbow arm trap.gif
663KB, 445x250px
>>
>>77173820
can someone tell me what's it even good for in the first place?
regain consciousness?
>>
>>77174298
>>77175265
read
>>
>>77173820
thats why boxing is dead
>>
>>77175265
it had competition and boxers with real personality

now its full of nobodies
>>
gayyy
>>
It's legal because boxers are fucking stupid. If you ask one they'll say hurr durr it's a skill and dodge the question when you mention some boxers clinch after every other jab. For all the Americans, imagine if holding someone without the call was legal in te NFL?
>>
>>77176362
how is it stupid doing a viable strategy that wears away your opponent's stamina and nulls their offensive output power and rhytm
>>
>>77176387
Because it's boxing not wrestling.
>>
>>77176408
But they're not wrestling they're using a boxing clinch.

I see no takedowns like wrestling
>>
>>
>>77176451
Wrestling doesn't imply ground work, the clinch is a wrestling move.
>>
>>77173834
> doesn't like hugging
> watch mma

mma is basically two men hugging each other: the sport
>>
>>77176489
Nah the clinch is just a position that can be broken into 2 types

1)striking clinching
a) boxing
b)muay thai

2)grappling clinching
a)wrestling (folk, free style, greco)
b)judo
c)muay thai (they do have takedowns)

The goal of the clinch works so much different in striking based styles then it does in pure grappling styles
>>
>>77173820
Low key if he tries to clinch with McGregor he's getting his shit snapped. You thought Tyson was bad,McGregor is gonna fuck him up.
>>
>>77176520
It's still a grappling move, as opposed to a striking technique. It's not boxing. And the original Marquess of Queensberry rules didn't allow for any clinching, or what they called more accurately hugging.
>>
>>77176545
Again i am mainly a grappler however i respect the hell out of every combat sport and boxing and muay thai even though they are striking styles they incorporate clinch work, but their clinch work is different from the clinch work i do in my own styles. They may be hugging or jockeying for position however as they move and reposition the angles of their grips they are looking for moments or rather chaining their positions so they lead to a bigger punch.
That right there is a core component of styles that are striking arts

Now with grappling styles, we chain and hug and shift our weight, however instead of chaining the position into a stronger strike, we look for moments of off balance (judo calls this kazushi) and look for a big takedown.

Just because the initial position looks like wrestling doesn't mean its the same. Boxer's for the most part will use their clinch to strike, so in the context of boxing the clinch is still a variant of their striking style, because its a platform to launch other strikes from

Unlike grapplers who use the clinch as a platform to launch takedowns or subs from.

In terms of the historical evolution of boxing Marquess of Queenberry rules were established in the mid 1900s, however before hand in even within that era you had bare knuckle irish boxing and the clinch was implemented.

The clinch has been part of boxing since the beginning, and you know instead of looking down on it as gay and boring there is an incredible depth to it. training, reading, researching and getting yourself well versed in it, it makes boxing and other combat sports more enjoyable to view.
>>
>>77176520
but the clinch is not really a way to attack the other person in boxing, its defensive
in muay thai you can also attack
if the clinch would be a legitimate tactic, why is it broken down then? seems stupid
>>
>>77177209
This.

Clinching can be broken down into more complex strats but it isn't in boxing, making it more of a crutch than a tactic
>>
>>77174351
how is that resting? you are exerting power on the guys arms
>>
i got a feeling mayweather vs mcconnor is going to be a boring clinchfest dec.
>>
>>77181805
conor needs to focus on getting post-clinch punches in
I guess breaking the clinch is fine in boxing?
>>
>>77182364
i thought in boxing they want clean breaks
>>
>>77182529
really, thats gay as fuck then
>>
>>77181805
Welcome to every single gayweather fight
>>
>>77183616
>>77183616
casuals always think Mayweather has epic slugfest but they're mistaken he fucking hugs way to much
>>
look mayweather used it like 70 times in maidana 2 fight if im correct thats just f*ed up
>>
>>77176545
Prior to Queensberry boxing rules allowed throws and takedowns in addition to punches. Even when throws became banned, clinching was effectively legal for many decades, with fighters given wide leeway to punch their way out of it.
>>
>>77181805
Maybe that will suit conor more since clinch fighting is a big part of mma
>>
>>77185000
>>77185000
even in MMA Connor isn't that much of a clincher or grappler and prefered to striker from distant.
>>
>>77185087
Just because he doesn't display that skill set often doesn't mean that he doesn't have it, we don't see him use much jiu jitsu but he has a fairly legit brown belt.
>>
>>77185148
he's a brown belt? since when? last i heard last year he was a blue almost purple, did he skill belts?
>>
>>77176583
Holy fuck what a comfy webm that is
>>
>>77185148
The jitz he has demonstrated so far has been mediocre, he attempted a few knee slicers against Diaz who is a black belt, but the few times he has been put in a jitz situation he hasn't shown he is brown belt level
>>
>>77176492
this
>>
>>77174093
mayweather doesnt put his hands down though
>>
McGregor is going to choke out Mayweather drape him in the ropes and then KO him
>>
>>77173820
Better question: why is clinching legal, but punching the back illegal? Why are hammer punches illegal?
>>
>>77189991
Someone at some point considered it dirty boxing and Queensberry state it has to be a fair fight. In essence I would reckon it's about stretching the fight out and making it more entertaining. Like take MMA. If you were to fight on concrete and basically just a judo throw would be the end of the fight. Or take the times Mark Kerr just held some guy down and headbutted him to death.

The closest thing to everything goes in known recent history probably is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lei_tai
>>
>>77175265
catch a breather if you're about to be KO'd
if your taller you can lean on your opponent and tire him out
when you charge in for a big punch, clinching immidiately afterwards can stop your opponent retaliating
>>
>>77189991
very easy to do severe damage to someone by punching them in the kidneys
>>
It should be banned. Its mostly the shittiest and dirtiest fighters that employ those tactics in fights.
>>
>>77176583
please don't lump in the muay thai clinch with the gay boxing hug, in muay thai the clinch is actually used to pull an opponent into strikes and throws
>>
>>77174059

>g-get in my guard bro, then ill fuck you up.

wanderlei proved how useless bjj is. soccer kicks are a straight man's weapon. bjj fags, who literally wants to put their man pussies on you for a decision while defunct wwe fans desperately try to tell casuals the great techniques they are doing while defending against gay jokes.
>>
>>77200938
drop you on your head, ace
>>
>>77201002

>l-let me hold your waist then ill fuck you up

I wrestled enough to know it was fucking gay. they mostly were people who couldn't play football.

wrestling is a sport originated from the homosexual Romans. you have to be careful, all white men are bisexual.
>>
>>77201246
>they mostly were people who couldn't play football.
Literally Jon "Boned" Jones ahaha. Can't wait for him to OD once he loses.
>>
gay sex is hugging i know cause my uncle molested me also hugged me
>>
>>77202734
Nice.
>>
>>77176492

It's actually fighting: the sport.
>>
>>77183638
I thought Pac man had big slugfests where gayweather just did meme taps to win on points and never KO anyone
>>
>>77210611
When do people hug and hold each other in a real street fight? you try to grapple or hug or someone you get killed by all guy's friends jumping you.
>>
>>77176583
I was a judo fighter and I disagree.
Clinch in boxing is boring because it's a passive move, it serves almost nothing but to stop the actual fight from happening until the refs comes.
To me clinch in boxing is nothing more than what taekwondo fighters did a few years ago: attack once and fall to the floor to avoid being hit.
It was insanely stupid and boring.

Quite the opposite from Judo and other fighting sports where clinches are an active part of actually fighting and actually fun to watch.
>>
>>77176492
I wouldn't have my semen slurping sport any other way.
>>
>>77200938
What happens when they significantly outstrike you from range, and with every hook kick your time is quickly running out?
>>
>>77211307
Exactly, so why is it still legal after all these years?

Surely people have noticed how boring it is to watch?
>>
>>77211759
No idea. Actively using point deduction would make it less common I think.
>>
>>77212291
It would destroy mayweather's career too so....two birds one stone
>>
>>77210788

knowing grappling usually also means how to prevent the other person from getting you into that position, and if you do then getting out of there
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.