[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FA charges Wayne Shaw for pie-eating incident in Sutton-Arsenal game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: download (2).jpg (36KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
36KB, 738x415px
Shaw resigned after being shown eating the pie during February's fifth-round defeat, after a bookmaker had offered 8/1 odds on him doing so.

The 45-year-old has been charged with intentionally influencing a football betting market, and improper conduct.

He has until 18:00 BST on Friday, 21 July to respond to the charges.

Following the match, Shaw admitted to being aware of the betting promotion, but said the incident was "just a bit of fun".

He was also made the subject of an investigation by the Gambling Commission, after Sun Bets claimed to have paid out a "five-figure" sum for a bet placed on their promotion.

"We are told we are not allowed to gamble as it is full-time professional football," Shaw told BBC Radio 4's World at One programme at the time.

"In no way did I put anyone in jeopardy of that - this is not the case here, this is just a bit of fun and me being hungry."

After the incident, Shaw said he began to struggle with depression and stressed that he made no money out of the situation.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live in May he said: "My world fell in. I was in tears. I had never been sacked in my life. It's on my mind every day, it probably will be for a long time.

"I've been through depression. I wasn't sleeping right, I could feel myself getting stressed. And I've still got that knot in my stomach. The following afternoon it was a situation where I either resigned or they sacked me.

http://www.espnfc.com/english-fa-cup/story/3157759/fa-charges-wayne-shaw-for-pie-eating-incident-in-sutton-vs-arsenal-game
>>
Roger Goodell would be proud.
>>
Stupid cunt.
>>
>>77128509
>offer stupid fucking meme odds
>get angry when people play along
>>
>>77128524
>American
>punishing a fat person for overeating
>>
a guy ate a piece of pie and got fired?
wtf am I missing???

also: what sport is this?
>>
>>77132152
Apparently you're not allowed to eat a pie if you know people can bet on it. England is full of retarded shit like this and it's football
>>
File: C5EG4-mWYAArzNK.jpg (47KB, 702x487px) Image search: [Google]
C5EG4-mWYAArzNK.jpg
47KB, 702x487px
>>77132186
Let me give you the context.

Sutton United are a shit team, (division 5) that had been on a good run in the FA Cup, and had managed to draw Arsenal at home. Whenever one of these non league teams does well in the FA Cup, the press always picks up on it, usually with the same tired stories about how shit their ground is, and how one of Arsenal's players wages could pay for the entire team for 10 years or whatever.

Wayne Shaw is the goalkeeping coach, as well as reserve goalkeeper for the team. Obviously the papers loved this because haha look, a big fat old fucker is still playing football, so he was trotted out at every opportunity to do interviews and whatever.

That's when Sunbet (betting company of the newspaper The Sun) came in and offered their joke bet of 8/1 odds of him being seen eating a pie on the bench because haha just imagine if the fat bloke actually pulled out a pie and ate it.

So it's not so much it was a regular bet, more a token joke bet that was thrown out there that Wayne Shaw actually saw and went along with.
>>
How the fuck is eating a pie a football betting incident?
>>
Not really much they can do is there, it's not like he's still playing. Maybe make him go on a diet.
>>
>>77132296
My post was a tldr of that m8
>>
>>77132296
So what? This still don't explain anything
>>
>>77132296
The sun are cancer. If your going to do dumb bets it's your fault if you lose money when people actually be on it.

Shaw couldn't win. If he didn't eat the pie he's affecting the bets. Feel bad for the lad. It's all the sun's fault. The Scousers got that one right
>>
>>77132623
well it's the same as anything

the second you walk into the stadium, you can't knowingly influence the outcome of a bet

him eating the pie knowing there was a bet on it was as though he conceded a goal on purpose knowing there was a bet on it

I still think they should let him off though because he's clearly an idiot just looking for banter, and it serves the betting company right for trying to be banterous and then getting butthurt
>>
>>77132623
I think he'd told his friends and family he was going to do it, so therefore had essentially rigged the bet. As has been said though, these betting companies shouldn't offer stupid meme bets and get fanny flustered when they lose on them.
>>
>>77132152
>also: what sport is this?

lardbet
>>
It's a lose-lose situation.

If he was aware of the promotion then whatever actions he did would influence the outcome. If he knowingly didn't eat a pie when he knew people were betting whether he'd eat a pie then he'd be affecting the outcome.
>>
Leave him the fuck alone, going after a man with no job

If it was a nigger i wouldnt give a shit, lynch him.
>>
>>77136086
it's not really lose-lose

once he knew about the bet and had told his friends and family, the sensible thing would be to not eat it (especially not as enthusiastically as he did), that way the bookies win and it's a complete non-story

I agree the whole situation is retarded though, and Sunbet deserved to lose something over it
>>
this guy JUSTed his life in the stupidest way possible
>>
haha at one point does it become morally acceptable to just go on a killing spree and has this man reached that point?
>>
Fucking stupid, the big guy was messing around. At the end of the day he ate a pie.
>>
>>77137326
...which potentially earned his friends thousands of pounds

I'm not saying the situation isn't stupid but the big guy's actions were really fucking stupid
>>
It's pretty obvious it was a joke. A fat guy doesn't eat pie live on TV for serious matters.
>>
>>77128509
The retard admitted on camera that he knew about the bet. Pure stupidity how easily he admitted to bet fixing, no wonder he's homeless. This is an easy one for the FA, can't really blame them.
>>
>>77132305

um maybe because you could bet on it. keep up anon
>>
File: 1479878255793.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1479878255793.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>77136207
>It's the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""sensible"""""""""""""""""""""""""""" thing to do to
He can stuff his fat face whenever he damn well pleases and you dirty fucking Jews shouldn't be able to make one peep about it. I'm upset that he has come out and actually apologized for doing nothing wrong. Fuck every Union Jack in this thread. My sympathies to Wayne Shaw.
>>
>>77140886
I never said I agreed with the betting firm's jewery, but the fact remains that the best thing shaw could have done was kept his head down and not played up to it
>>
>>77136190
>/pol/ stormweenie has to somehow mention niggers for no reason.
Take your meds and that BBC from your mouth.
>>
>be english
>get arrested for eating pie
>lose to icelandic fishermen
>>
i really feel bad for this guy. it's the type of shit i would pull - going for a laugh and end up losing everything.
now if it turns out this was some insider-betting scheme then that's shameful and he should be accountable.
but if this was just a stunt to have a few laughs he shouldn't lose everything. he must feel terrible.
>>
>>77144312
But if he didn't eat the pie then he would have still have knowingly influenced the bet. Plus it wasn't a pie it was a fucking pasty
>>
>>77144961
>he would have still have knowingly influenced the bet.

Yes, but in the bookies' favour. Thus no complaints, no story, no sacking
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.