[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Dodgers the best run organization in baseball?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Los_Angeles_Dodgers2.jpg (138KB, 1365x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Los_Angeles_Dodgers2.jpg
138KB, 1365x1024px
>2011
>have an aging roster
>looked to be a perennial .500 team

New ownership in 2012
>pick up Hanley Ramirez and Adrian Gonzalez in shrewd trades
>revamp the bullpen by making Jansen the closer
>trading for more pitching prospects
>pick up Greinke
>spend money wisely on international pitching prospects and position player prospects
>lose the older players one by one and replace them with younger players
>all while maintaining 90+ more wins each of the last 5 years

We have a roster as young as the Astros and Cubs without having to tank for many many years.

Are we the best rest organization in baseball? Why don't other teams rebuild like the Dodgers do - make the playoffs while building up the young prospects?
>>
>>
>>77118626
>Why don't other teams rebuild like the Dodgers do
Because no other team besides the Yankees is retarded enough to spend three billion dollars in 25 years and have absolutely nothing to show for it.
>>
>>77118668
Favorites to win it all this year after rebuilding on the fly.

Apologize
>>
>>77118722
>nothing to show for it
>5 NL West titles
>while rebuilding

Sure thing.
>>
File: 1345126101682.gif (375KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1345126101682.gif
375KB, 400x300px
>>77118764
>NL West title
>An Accomplishment
>>
>highest payroll in baseball for the past 7 years
>Owned by Shekelstein Partners, who have more than $250 billion
>0 (zero) NL titles
>>
>>77118797
While rebuilding. You forgot that part

Sorry the Dodgers don't tank. LA only accepts winners. That's why we all love the Lakers and everyone hates the Clippers
>>
MULTIPLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEi7CsB7j3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XbMhQPNI0E
>>
>>77118862
>the dodgers don't tank
>LA only accepts winners
>we all love the Lakers

the lakers have missed the playoffs for what, five years? and basically tanked the last couple years to boot lmao.
>>
>>77118925
Lakers have 16 championships

How many chips does your city have?
>>
Its thanks to this guy

You're welcome
>>
>>77118944
Celtics have 17.
>>
>>77118626
I hate the doyers but want to see Kershaw win the ring

His career has been unbelievable.
>>
>>77118816
Forgot to add "while rebuilding"
>>
>>77118724
>favorites

That doesn't mean anything
>>
>>77118797
You mean the same NL West that has won the WS 3 times this decade?
>>
File: img_0108-0.png (2MB, 1921x1128px) Image search: [Google]
img_0108-0.png
2MB, 1921x1128px
>>77118626
>>
>>77118944
Woah there bud, the Los Angeles Lakes have 11 titles, don't go glomming on to Minneapolis's NBL titles or whatever bullshit you use to count 16.
>>
>>77119445
>Dodgers fans celebrating Giants trophies.

SECSECSEC/10
>>
>le outspend every other team and overpay for all the available free agents because le have an overblown TV deal even though nobody actually watches the games and the team still can't win shit meme
>>
>>77119556
We watch in the postseason. And we've watched the umps treat our team unfairly
>>
>>77119474

By that measure the pre 1960's NBA doesnt count. No 3 point line, 8 teams, ABA was still a thing, barely a shot clock. Celtics fans will also never tell you that when they were most dominant they were the lowest in attendance. These fucks dont even appreciate what Russell came and did for them yet parrot the same bullshit over and over.

Also they are 30th most valuable franchise in the world compared to the Lakers at 10 and the 5th most valuable franchise in the NBA according to forbes where the Lakers are only behind the Knicks.

All in all fuck the Celtics and their old ass tattered (((banners))) that they didnt even care about until Magic & the Lakers ran their asses all through the 80's

I respect the hell out of Russell and Auerbach, I think Red is the greatest coach ever next to pop. But Celticposters who claim Russell like they saw him play and werent just fortunate as hell for having a coach that wasnt a racist piece of shit like the rest of busted down boston.
>>
>>77118626
Who else can do what the Dodgers have done?

Sustained success and rebuilding on the fly?
>>
>>77118891
Wow, that must suck losing to the WORLD CHAMPS

Why don't you post the pic of AGon being called out in game 4, changing the momentum of the series?
>>
>>77119859
Hurr history doesn't count when I don't like it shitpasta is shit
>>
>>77119859
>Arguing NBA titles in an MLB thread.

California needs a wall too
>>
>>77120234
>Dodgers lost 10-2
>Still think one run would have mattered
>>
>>77119013
WOW buddy calm down there the celtics have 5. Don't count any chips before the 3pt line was added.
>>
>>77120422
So momentum isn't a thing?
>>
>>77120356

Not my fault luckswing is shit
>>
>>77119694

dodgers fans dont even stay past the 7th inning. There were tons of empty seats during one of the NLCS games last year

AT chavez ravine
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.