[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/turnleft/ baseless speculation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 28

File: IMG_3751.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3751.png
2MB, 1334x750px
Things are going mad in NASCAR for next season. Many rides will be open, could be the most insane silly season of all time. Here's what we know for sure:
>Earnhardt retiring
>Kenseth out at JGR, Erik Jones is in the 20 next year

Things that are likely:
>Danica Patrick out at SHR
>Aric Almirola to replace Danica
>Hendrick down to 3 cars
>GMS Racing to Cup
>Kahne out at HMS

Heavily rumored:
>Kenseth to either the 77 or the 88
>Kahne to GMS Racing
>Paul Menard out at RCR
>Blaney to third Penske team
>Menard to either the 21 or the Penske Xfinity Series team

Rumored:
>Bubba Wallace to either the 21 or the 43
>Kurt Busch to retire
>If Kurt retires, Kenseth or Custer will replace him
>A two car team becomes a one car team (FRR or JTG) and a three car team becomes a two car team (RCR)

Rumored but unlikely:
>Alex Bowman to the 88
>Blaney to the 88
>Dodge coming back to NASCAR
>Some other manufacturer comes to NASCAR, no word who it is

"Rumored" and you're a clickbaiting piece of shit to believe it:
>Keselowski to the 88

So, how do you think this goes down? Who goes where? Have you heard any rumors yourself, at least ones that actually make sense?
>>
>>77079715
>rich child racing truly becomes Austin/Ty and no one else
>>
Is this the third or fourth time Dale Jr. retires? That nigga thought about it since ALMS happened.
>>
>>77079715

You forgot to mention Richard Petty Motorsports possibly closing down after this season OP.

Other than that yeah, shit is getting crazy.
>>
>>77079914
in before one car team with Menard
>>
Weren't they saying Menard was gonna be driving the 22 Xfinity car for Penske?
>>
>>77083732
No one knows. It's swung back to Menard taking the 21 with Wood Bros but it varies by source and day. Especially since there's also strong rumors that Ford is prepared to back Wallace as a main sponsor and were interested in having him run Motocraft and Omnicraft.

It's also dependent on the rumor that Cup Drivers will have a total ban from Xfinity/Trucks is true. If that domino falls then it's going to get ridiculous. Even cup drivers are getting super vocal on how bad running a truck series season is cost wise and with GMS rumored to be ditching trucks and only running Cup and Xfinity and there's a lot of behind the scenes to try save those series.

>>77079914
RPR might be selling the operation to GoFas who are rumored to be going into a tech alliance with SHR. Could be part of the Amirola deal. Then it's probably going to be Wallace and DiBenidetto.
>>
File: sec.png (85KB, 296x285px) Image search: [Google]
sec.png
85KB, 296x285px
>>77084068
>the rumor that Cup Drivers will have a total ban from Xfinity/Trucks
>>
>>77084276
This one has come up heavily in this years Silly Season already. Xfinity and Truck attendance is dire and the only race you can guarantee a packed house in for those series is either MId-Ohio or Road America for Xfinity and Eldora or Mosport for Trucks. No one goes for "Cup Driver Wins LOL" on the main circuit. Even their new promo of "Kids Go Free" has been a huge failure. And it hits everyone's bottom line when Xfinity has empty stands even when the cup race is later on that evening. When ARCA and local short/dirt tracks are seeing a huge resurgence and Xfinity/Trucks are in the shit so much that drivers are already giving "Actions Detrimental To Nascar" media interviews or Harvick putting NASCAR management on blast on his podcast.

The one thing that has come up is that the "Driver take over" of Pocono was the highest rated Xfinity race of the season so far on TV and one of the better attended races so apparently the Driver Council and NASCAR are looking for a solution that pleases promoters and sponsors. A Cup Ban but heavy involvement of Cup Drivers in Xfinity in either commentary, pit lane or on teams (Which will get a bump next year because Junior will be still there as team owner of JRM) and restructuring of trucks could solve the problems.
>>
>>77079715
>Danica Patrick out at SHR
Been seeing quite a few people say she's coming back now.
>>
>>77084600
The problem with the driver take over of the tv broadcast is that does nothing for the ticket sales at the track. As long as the track owners think Friday and or Saturday ticket sales are because of the Cup guys they're gonna fight a Cup ban
>>
>kasey kahne

I forget he even exists. He hasn't been interviewed in years it seems. RIP
>>
>>77079715
>HMS down to 3 cars
But why? I do not believe one of the best teams is going to downsize.
>>
>>77079715
>Kahne to GMS Racing
uh hes going to focus on his sprint car team, his family, and race on some dirt
>>
>Larson's team busted for cheating

In b4 Ganassi sucks again
>>
>>77079715
racing-reference tier
>>
>>77085288
Because the 5 team is absolute shit and lacking sponsorship for next season. The 88 team also isn't doing great.
>>
>>77079715
>Hendrick drops a team
>Keeps the 88, drops the 5
Are you even trying?
>>
Aric Almirola back in the 43 next week. Darrell Wallace jobless. Maybe Bubba can find a truck ride.
>>
>>77085298
Truex keeps getting away with it.
>>
File: Larson-Lincoln-Speedway-Photo.jpg (77KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Larson-Lincoln-Speedway-Photo.jpg
77KB, 800x480px
>debating which talentless spoiled brat will end up where
Kys
Pic related is the only bit of talent in turn left
>>
>>77085098
Pocono reported their ticket sales were up for Xfinity that week to some of their best in years and They also had that promo where the Friday sessions had free entry if you brought a can of Monster Energy to be recycled. I agree that it's mainly focused on TV but activation with clever promos like what Pocono did and knowing the Xfinity race isn't going to be filled with Cup Drivers trying to get an edge can draw people (Even if it was Bread in the 22 who won the race).

But then tracks are aware that it's not the cup guys drawing people. The real problem is sponsors who won't take a chance on a young driver and who want the Cup drivers in the car. Even drivers who do try transfer their sponsorship (EG Kyle Busch has Monster/NOS run on Matt Tifft's Xfinity and ARCA rides) will still get pressure to run it themselves for the exposure. The sponsor situation is really fucked up between no sponsors willing to budge from established drivers (Bread can barely get his
Penske sponsors onto his trucks, even) and them wanting to see cup drivers driving their sponsored car. It's a real "Chicken or egg" clusterfuck.

>>77084661
Gene Hass said the 10 is funded for next year but the only reason I could see them keeping her on is if they are unsure about Amirola's health. That or she finally gets a win track she's good at like The Glen or New Hampshire and retires off satisfied.
>>
>>77084600
It's solely on the team owners. No one wants to watch a bunch of rich fags buy rides and suck. The product can't be good when the drivers suck. These "development diversity program" bullshit is just that too, the highest bidder.
>>
>>77085978
>Larcuck
>not spoiled
>>
>>77085253
The All-State MILFs got to him
>>
NASCAR's greatest fear is that no one will watch now with Junior retiring and Gordon gone.
>>
>>77091002
They survived after Earnhardt died, not sure how this would be the end.
>>
>>77091002
NASCAR does not need Dale Jr. No one legitimately tunes in every week to watch Jr. lose. Gordon fans moved onto Larson or Elliott.

NASCAR's biggest problem is the ownership and officiating. Fans are tired of the gimmicks.
>>
>>77091002
Junior will still be there since he has no plans to shut JRM. One of the bigger silly season rumors is if he's going to join Fox or NBC's booth. Fans will move on and Junior himself has been working at trying to get Junior Nation to move on as well.

The real issue is Brian France and unless he dies of a cocaine induced heart attack. Not a huge lot is going to change. The only reason they have a Title Sponsor for the next two years is because Coca Cola did them a solid and convinced Monster to go for it, even.
>>
File: superflo.webm (3MB, 800x334px) Image search: [Google]
superflo.webm
3MB, 800x334px
>>
File: cole wheeler.webm (3MB, 800x334px) Image search: [Google]
cole wheeler.webm
3MB, 800x334px
Cup guys running on Saturdays wasn't as big of a problem back in the Busch series days. But now in contemporary Nascar I don't see the point in Cup guys doing both Saturday and Sunday.

Nascar already has 8 hour long practice sessions. Do Cup guys really need an extra 300 miles of track time on Saturday to help you practice to turnleft again for 500 miles on Sunday? It seems unnecessary nowadays, just save yourself for the Cup race on Sunday.
>>
>>77100455
Sponsorships are the only reason why Cup drivers run Xfinity any more, and the only reason the Xfinity series even exists. Companies like Discount Tire, NOS, and Hisense want Cup drivers in their cars and to be competitive but don't want to spend the money it takes to sponsor a Cup car.
>>
>>77099141
THIS KILLS THE ROWDY BURNS
>>
>>77101880
>the only reason why Cup drivers run Xfinity any more

Bullshit.

Sure, some of them probably do it for the sponsors, but these guys are race car drivers, and what red-blooded race car driver wouldn't run multiple races a week-end if they had the chance?

Look at how many of those dudes STILL run dirt tracks, and sprint cars, and pretty much anything else they can manage to find a seat in. They race because it's fun, and because they can.
>>
>>77084600
The attendance at Pocono was high because the track owners went on a heavy marketing spree in Philly in the months before the race to try to build hype and excitement. They had a whole day there with Xfinity regulars signing autographs downtown and meeting fans. And Philly has never been a Nascar or racing town at all (I grew up there). Ever since they tore down Flemington it basically killed the sport in the region.

The fact that it coincided with the "drivers only" broadcast was incidental and only helped the teevee ratings.
>>
File: dick trickle.webm (2MB, 462x360px) Image search: [Google]
dick trickle.webm
2MB, 462x360px
Glad someone made a rumor mill thread, we need one for a bit I think.

>Hendrick getting rid of the 5

He has publicly stated he wants to stay at 4 cars. Unless funding or sponsors force him to shutter it then I doubt it. Kissy returning next year is highly doubtful tho.

>Danica out of the 10

She has stated that she wants to continue racing. If that ride is in fact funded for next year I have a hard time believing she'll be kicked out of it. Even if she does, I believe she'll find a ride, not because of talent, but because she is marketable.

>Joonya leaving will kill the sport

Yes it just might. He knows that. That's why he talks the way he does in interviews, on periscope and social media. He's trying to keep fans interested in the sport rather then just him. The problem is that's not the redneck fan mentality. I know guys that were hardcore fans, that had houses FULL of merch, die cast cars, posters, etc. that when his Daddy died just straight up quit watching. And they have never been back. "It's just not the same" they will tell me, even tho the racing was actually way better (before GimmieWinsLol started anyway). The same thing will happen next year. Most of the fanbase is really fucking dumb and only care about 1 driver. I legit cried when I saw his announcement because I know it's unlikely the sport can survive this. I think /turnleft/ underestimates how much of the fanbase literally only cares about Joonya. The best thing he could do is make like DW did and join the media so that he stays in the fans eyes and can also be a cheerleader for the sport as a whole every week.

>Bushwacking

I've been hoping they end this for like 15 years now. An end to this nonsense is so long overdue. But as mentioned previously sponsors are stupid and want the big name drivers without paying cup prices. Nascar needs to focus more on sponsors who are already in the industry. That's what Penske does, and why he is so damn successful.
>>
>>77103667
>>Joonya leaving will kill the sport

The bottom line is that interest in sport ebbs and flows over the years, and when a sport gets to a point where they start making obscene amounts of money, as NASCAR started to do in the 80's, then pretty much everyone involved loses their willingness to compromise out of greed, which ultimately hurts the sport even more.

The same thing is taking place in the film and TV industry. They aren't getting the same audience, and yet still expect to make the same obscene amounts of cash they once did when they had a better monopoly on entertainment.
>>
>>77103667
Jr is replacing DW on FOX next year. They want to release the plans for who's in the 88 first, and then Jr will make the announcement himself.

He genuinely enjoys broadcasting like Jeff did and he wants to keep his fans watching. Jr's merch sales make up for like 60% of all merch sales in NASCAR total.
>>
>>77104693
Jr. does a pretty good job in the booth.
>>
>>77091059
because Jr was winning races
>>
>>77079715
Kenseth just needs to retire so I can stop forcing myself to watch this literal meme everyweek
>>
File: ARCA_salem200.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
ARCA_salem200.webm
3MB, 960x540px
Kerry > Junior
>>
>>77104693
Jr probably wont be on Fox. Suppposedly he's leaning NBC because it reunites him with Steve Letarte. But then there are signs Harvick may be retiring soon and he might be the one replacing DW on Fox anyway.
>>
>>77103667
Context on webm pls
>>
>>77079715
I did not watch NASCAR since... Keselowski won I guess, the year after Johnson's last title.

I watched a race last night. So many things changed. So fucking hard to follow when you're not American
>>
>>77113687
1990 Winston 500. Dick Trickle smokes a little cigarette.
>>
File: moonman.jpg (49KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
moonman.jpg
49KB, 500x425px
Jayski is saying that RCR is probably down to two teams next year and Menards is moving their sponsorship to Penske/Wood Brothers

So it looks like that part of the rumor mill has legs to it.

Still havent seen anything about Kurt Busch retiring. Where is this rumor coming from? Because he is married now and want to go vacation permanently with his gold digger wife?
>>
>>77113948
Keselowski won 2012, Johnson won 2013. Though Johnson also won 2016, so he now has 7.
>>
>>77114946
Supposedly, Monster is pulling sponsorship so they can pay for being the title sponsor next year. As I said, it's probably not very likely, but it's going around.
>>
>>77114946
I think thats from RuRa. Kurt was also doing private F1 testing at the start of the year with Hass F1 and talked about doing Indy again or even LeMans. So he might be at a point in his career where he wants to expand his horizons and sticking around. Add in that Monster is probabably going to pull from SHR to be title sponsor as mentioned here >>77115201. It might be a bit of a shocker but the signs were there.
>>
>>77079715
>Hendrick down to 3 cars
Nah, Hendrick is still the only good team that Chevy has, they gonna put another drive on it

>GMS Racing to Cup
99% confirmed

>Menard to either the 21 or the Penske Xfinity Series team
It will happen beacuse Papa Menard

>Bubba Wallace to either the 21 or the 43
Bubba goes to 21

>Kurt Busch to retire
i dont know much it this happen

>If Kurt retires, Kenseth or Custer will replace him

i bet on Kenseth but he need sponsors for it

>Dodge coming back to NASCAR
>Some other manufacturer comes to NASCAR, no word who it is

NBC Sports and NASCAR Confirmed it last week

NASCAR WANT A NEW BRAND BACK SO BAD
>>
>>77115201
>>77115270
well if Monster pulls their sponsorship, I can see Kurt losing his SHR ride, since I have a hard time seeing HAAS sponsoring two rides in the SHR stable and his F1 team.

I still have a hard time believing Boyer cant find a sponsor. He seems like a natural fit for Bass Pro Shops/Cabellas/Ranger Boats/whatever Hunting gear
>>
>>77113948
its not being american thing

is more be closed to NASCAR and other fans

i am brazilian and i watch nascar since i was a little kid
>>
>>77115201
>>77115359

Reminder that Matt Kenseth and Kyle Busch are also sponsoried by Monster
>>
>>77079715

>Matt Kenseth crew chief ‘not sure’ yet if he’ll be with No. 20 team next season

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/07/13/matt-kenseth-crew-chief-not-sure-yet-if-hell-be-with-no-20-team-next-season/

>Richard Petty confident that Smithfield will return as sponsor for 2018

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/07/12/richard-petty-confident-that-smithfield-will-return-as-sponsor-for-2018/

>ISC spending $30 million to redevelop Richmond Raceway infield

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/07/11/isc-spending-30-million-to-redevelop-richmond-raceway-infield/

>NASCAR ‘aggressively pursuing’ new manufacturers

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/07/10/nascar-aggressively-pursuing-new-manufactures/
>>
>>77115359
Three rides since Danica and Harvick are riding out the Sponsors on Stewart's car last year like Code 3 and Mobil 1. SHR's sponsors department has been in the shitter ever since that Nature's Bakery deal it seems. The F1 team is fine since they are fully sponsored and funded. At the same time Monster does have driver sponsorships with both Busch Bros so will be interesting to see how that plays out.
>>
>>77117092
I don't think Monster is with Kyle anymore, since he has NOS now.
>>
>>77117597
Monster owns NOS. Same contract. Kyle was just asked to rep a different brand.
>>
File: 1400897527967.gif (1005KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1400897527967.gif
1005KB, 500x600px
>Danica and Earnshit Jr. leaving in the same year

thank you jesus
>>
>>77117989
>Danica and Earnshit Jr. leaving in the same year

The chick ain't going anywhere.
>>
>>77119288
I agree with this.
Brian France would sponsor her out of his own pocket to prevent her loss in this of all years
>>
Kenseth to Jr Motorsport in the Cup Series with Byron?
I imagine this is a Furniture Rown-JGR type relationship and Hendrick has other plans for the 88 and 5 car
>>
Serious question here: Why did they wreck nascar and turn it into shit?
>>
>>77120165
Because the Frances drool over the sheckels that the NFL makes. They are trying to attract that crowd and alienating the core fan base. Thus making a product fewer and fewer people are interested in.
>>
http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/12471/dodge-wont-return-to-nascar

Company sources at Dodge say they aren't going back to NASCAR. Heavy rumors that Hyundai are looking into it as they expand their motorsport program and possibly running under the Kia brand as they would have the same setup as Toyota of keeping their engine development in house. Nissan, Mazda and Volkswagen's names have been put around (VW is aiming for a gradual return of it's Motorsports program and may enter F1 with Porsche) but Hyundai seems to be the brand with the most smoke around it and the most to gain from an entry.
>>
When was the last time an injured driver was substituted mid race? It's always interesting when that happens. It would be cool to see Almirola start the race and swap out with Bubba before the finish.

I miss Bubba already.
>>
>>77122699
Most of the fans haven't warmed up to Toyota yet and NASCAR wants to bring in another Asian manufacturer. Bad idea.
>>
File: MissDodge fuck you nascar.jpg (222KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
MissDodge fuck you nascar.jpg
222KB, 640x426px
>>77124525
The last one I can remember was ironically when Almirola subbed for...i think it was Hamlin...and Denny went on to win tho Aric got the credit for it because he's the one that started the race in the car. That was his first nascar win too.

>>77122699
I love my pentastar but the higher ups just aren't interested in funding racing right now. I can't say that I blame the consider the market these days.

I still /MissDodge/
>>
>>77125382

Denny wasn't hurt. Aric started the race because Denny got the track late.
>>
>Larson's pole time disallowed

CHEATER
H
E
A
T
E
R
>>
Jayski is doubling down on Menard leaving RCR.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/20019361/childress-go-back-two-car-team

Word is John Menard was furious that he was bringing in big sponsors for the 27 alongside Menards (Peak and Rockstar appeared on Paul Menard's car along with Menards. Especially since they managed to take Peak from Hscott) but RCR's development priority was for the 3 and even the 31 was fighting for resources with the 27. Meanwhile they have a great relationship with Penske in Indy so John Menard wants to make the switch.

>>77124552
They are stuck, really. Hyundai are making moves into the US market with both brands and expanding its Motorsport division. Volkswagen might have it's Motorsport back in action by the time Gen 7 rolls round.
>>
File: 1498964115728.jpg (130KB, 943x537px) Image search: [Google]
1498964115728.jpg
130KB, 943x537px
yfw Muh Nards wins the xfinity championship next year
>>
are we doing a general or what?
>>
>>77127485
this.

Where the hell is motor/sp/ort general at?
>>
>>77127590
Motor/sp/port barely lasts the whole week and no one cares about checking for whenever Euro sportscars come on to make a schedule.

It's a miracle this thread has lasted so long. /indy/ and /F1/ threads get a lot of action but nothing for turnleft REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>77127670
you're right
/indy/ killed motor/sp/ort when they split off from it
>>
>>77127670
Yea I would make it but I know some sperg will bitch that I forgot some go cart series in some poo in the loo land. I usually just wait for whoever normally does it and it's always up by friday night.

A /turnleft/ general would be sweet (i'd keep it open all the time) but I know we've got like 10-15 of us during the week if we're lucky. Not quite a critical mass for a general. We barely max out a single race thread most of the time.
>>
File: 1500080426024.png (523KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1500080426024.png
523KB, 1111x597px
>>77127460
>>
File: 1497287630279.jpg (11KB, 137x234px) Image search: [Google]
1497287630279.jpg
11KB, 137x234px
>>77126340
>muh good guy troox on pole
when did he became nascar's golden boy?
>>
>>77127966
/turnleft/ general would be hype as fuck. Unfortunately next week is >>>>>>>>>>>>>indy which means NXS with cup drivers and then a boring cup race.

The next few weeks of tracks are pretty shit desu, I'm not even interested
>>
File: 1499384479095.jpg (14KB, 262x337px) Image search: [Google]
1499384479095.jpg
14KB, 262x337px
>>77130083
>implying NXS with restrictor plates at IMS isn't going to be the must watch race of the year in all of motor/sp/ort
>>
>>77130291
It could either be brilliant or horrifically boring.
>>
>>77130322
>It could either be brilliant or horrifically boring.
so it was said for the "muh low downforce" package
We all know how that turned out
>>
>>77130322
I'm expecting horrific disaster. Indy can't be saved while we're running Gen 6 cars. Especially not with restrictor plates. Do they not remember NHMS in 2000?

NXS and NCWTS need to be running at IRP. Absolute disgrace that they were moved.
>>
>yfw /sp/ sets the fastest lap in a late model heat race
>>
>>77131160
fuck off james
>>
So since there is no general:

This weekend World of Outlaws is at Eldora!!

Thursday night's Joker's Wild race:
Madman Madsen winner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBb51ZOXDYU

Tonight's A main feature:
Christopher Bell winner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCNLOfDZkXo

KINGS ROYAL TOMORROW NIGHT!!!
>>
>>77131160
And then crashes out of last place in the main event.
Not only is this off-topic, but also uninteresting.
>>
Dylan Lupton crashed in qualifying
PJ1 at NHMS was a mistake
>>
File: hinch.jpg (165KB, 739x700px) Image search: [Google]
hinch.jpg
165KB, 739x700px
Hinchcliffe wants to run an Xfinity road course race "sooner rather than later"

https://www.thestar.com/sports/auto-racing/2017/07/14/canadas-james-hinchcliffe-considers-a-jump-to-nascar.html
>>
>the helent cam uh is actually mounted on the helmet

man Rick Meme and the rest of NBC is trash
>>
>>77140492
Good.

It's nice to see race car drivers perform in different series.
>>
>>77140492
My bet is with JRM. I think he's said something about wanting to run for em before. Put him in the 88 at the glen or Road America.

Rahal wants to run JRM Xfinity too, probably Mid-Ohio.
>>
We doing an xfinity thread?

Moments away from the command

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IjB44y6acE
>>
>>77143707
>We doing an xfinity thread?
Nah....let's just stay here.
>>
>>77143788
fine by me

rollin for winner
>>
>john jackson
>carluke, scotland
>dodge
>>
>Harmonator in the race

Warm up the barbecue boys
>>
Cup dudes are going to win today.
>>
>>77143870
holy shit you're right there is at least one dodge in the field. How is that possible?
>>
>It's another lets experiment with putting VHT on the track episode
>>
File: Enfinger Activate It.jpg (196KB, 1200x766px) Image search: [Google]
Enfinger Activate It.jpg
196KB, 1200x766px
>VHT Jizz is actually working and making racing better
>>
>>77143926
Loudon is the new Bristol boys
>>
>>77143926
It's unfortunate that the lead battle is 3 cup drivers though

Here comes Preece though
>>
>Busch
>Larson
>Kez

There's your finishing order already folks.
>>
>>77143888
>Cup dudes are going to win today.

Trips of truth.....
>>
Good racing so far
>>
Can someone give me a quick rundown on Ryan Preece?
>>
Should NASCAR start laying down more VHT during the stage cautions?

[_] Yes
[_] No
>>
>let's just focus on the leaders

nbc is becoming 90s cbs tier
>>
>>77144026

He's a young Preece, and apparently, you need an old Preece, and a young Preece to be successful in some things.
>>
>this nu-male faggot commentator

The fuck, man?
>>
File: 1494135880339.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494135880339.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>77079715

Khane out I think is a real possibility considering he sucks and his sponsors are leaving.

Muh Nards out makes no sense becuase he brings so much money to the table. Newman out for Ty makes more sense.

Bubba Wallace to the 77 or 21 makes sense IF Blaney ends up in the 12 or some how gets scooped up by Hendrick. I personally would like to see Penske absorb the 21 team for muh nostalgia and having a great driver in the car.

Kenseth goes to the 77 or 88 depending on sponsorship. Apparently 5 Hour Energy signed a 2 year deal with Furniture Row not Jones. So Furniture row either uses the 5 Hour Energy $ on the 78 only, or runs the 77 again with the right driver.

Bowman to the 88 is what the sport deserves. But if Nationwide only stays if a Kenseth tier driver comes on board then there is trouble.

Bred leaving the 2 is unlikely IMO. If he leaves it's only to go back home to HMS and leaves Miller and Penske both up in the air with their 2018 and beyond plans. Could Blaney go to the ? Could Bred take the Miller sponsorship with him?

>Dark horse? Edwards returns somewhere.
>>
>>77079715
>Hendrick down to 3 cars
>A two car team becomes a one car team (FRR or JTG) and a three car team becomes a two car team (RCR)

So what are we looking at next year, 35 cars for the full season?
>>
File: edwards.jpg (14KB, 350x212px) Image search: [Google]
edwards.jpg
14KB, 350x212px
>>77144070
Rutledge is a good guy
stop bullying

>>77144072
I've been saying since Speed Weeks, Carl will be back next season.
(Unless he decides to run for US Senate)
>>
R A I N
A
I
N
>>
>>77144109
Hendrick won't be going down to 3 cars. Rick would have to be stupid to do that.
>>
The city of New Hampshire
>>
>>77144072
Brad will not be leaving the 2. Miller won't go with him if he does go for some stupid reason.

I cant see Bubba in the 77 at all.

Nationwide seemed to like Bowman, Mountain Dew too. Only sponsor worry is Axalta jumping ship to Byron in the 5 next year.
>>
>>77144072
RCR is already laying off employees. John Menard decides where he goes and he's splitting from RCR for Penske. Bubba's never getting a ride, that to the 21 rumor again was just from some autist Penske fanboys at RuRa, the same one that said that Cup drivers are banned from the lower series.

Carl back never EVER.
>>
>>77144072
muh nards going to penske is all but officially confirmed tho

Wood bros. are happy being a Penske satellite dev team. And the captain is NOT letting Blaney go. He will bend over backwards to keep him at this point. I also think Ryan will pull some strings to get his buddy Bubba a ride for next year.
>>
Good heavens, it's Buescher's favorite weather.
>>
>Start the race at 4PM EST
>Delayed due to rain
>All the jizz will wash off the track and make the racing shitty again
>No lights

really?
>>
>>77144140
>Rutledge is a good guy
>stop bullying

"He's" a walking vagina and should be hawking Star Wars shit to manchildren as opposed to fucking up NASCAR races.
>>
everytime they put the tar on the track it always ends up raining
>>
Does that track goo cause cancer?
>>
>>77144283
it's a resin compound, essentially tree sap
VHT was custom formulated in the laboratory though by the Sperex corporation for high temperature coating applications for NASA
So, probably pretty nasty stuff
>>
>>77144319
Cool, thanks
>>
Wow that """""""poutine"""""" looked awful get that lobster shit outta here
>>
>>77144224
>Does that track goo cause cancer?

Probably.
>>
>all of that good racing was due to their cars being set up for a track with pj1 but the pj1 had been mostly worn off from the modified series running earlier today
As soon as they make adjustments the excitement will be gone
>>
>Ryan Preece

literally who
>>
>>77144536

Modified racer. He was full-time in the #01 last year but went back to racing Modifieds because he didn't want to run 18th every week.
>>
I really like Jeff Burton tbqh
>>
File: 1467334368205.jpg (24KB, 532x320px) Image search: [Google]
1467334368205.jpg
24KB, 532x320px
>>77144170

Is Penske going to run 4 cars then? I would rather seem them offically make the 21 part of the team rather than take Blaney out of such a nostalgic car. I'm a chevy guy but I love seeing that 21 car running well.

>>77144169

I can see Bubba in the 77, 5 Hour Energy would love to market to """""""""Youths"""""""". Plus Bubba has a great attitude, is marketable and honesty ran as good as I think Almirola would have run when he filled in. Does anyone even remember who filled in the other races or what they did?

>>77144196

I also don't know why I thought Joey needs a new contract too....

>>77144221

>putting meme substances on the track

They really must be desperate with NHMS. They need to just cut this track off already or make it have banking like thompson motorspeedway or some other short track.
>>
Downdrafts are on Pit road, so we're probably 15 minutes away from racing
>>
Thought I missed the race. Glad there was a rain delay.

Cole Custer always has a disgusted look on his face.
>>
File: 406.jpg (35KB, 600x777px) Image search: [Google]
406.jpg
35KB, 600x777px
>>77144072
>Kahne sucks
>>
>>77144900

Cole's actually pretty cool from what I hear. Actually helps his crew guys work on his car.
>>
>>77104758

Also drunken shitposting on Twitter.
>>
Cup driver spoils the race. Every time.
>>
My take on next year

>21
Bubba

>12
Blaney

>88
Bowman

>5
Kahne

And Byron to the 5 in 19. It makes absolutely no sense for Rick to want a sponsor unfriendly aging rental in Jr's car. It makes even less sense for Nationwide to want that. Kenseth will retire or go to the 77.
>>
File: bradk.png (119KB, 476x241px) Image search: [Google]
bradk.png
119KB, 476x241px
>>77144992
>>
I really appreciate the insight to be gained from having Rutledge Wood reporting from all reaches of the track facility each week reporting on all aspects of the race fan experience. It's especially great when he does concession posting segments.
>>
>>77144825
Him and DJ are the only life in the nbc crew
>>
File: poutine.jpg (75KB, 770x513px) Image search: [Google]
poutine.jpg
75KB, 770x513px
>>77145308
>>
>>77144140
Carl Edwards for president.

>>77144866
Muh Nards in the third Penske car and Baloney in the 21 is an unfortunate possibility.
>>
>>77145308
>Rutledge Wood doing concession posting segments
>Concession poster hasn't been here since NBC took over

Oh shi-
>>
There's two people Rick can put in the 88 that will inherit Jr's fan base, Blaney and Bowman. And Roger ain't letting Blaney go.

Put boring ass Kenseth or Byron in it and Jr's fans will go elsewhere.
>>
>>77145308
You can rely on Rutledge to point out all the shirtless men in the vicinity.
>>
xfinity thread???
>>
>>77145521
this is the xfinity thread
>>
>>77145521
we /turnleft/ general now
>>
This kills the motorsports general
>>
>>77145709
motor/sp/ort general was dead the moment /indy/ split off
>>
>>77145709
no one made one this week

/turnleft/ doesn't discriminate unlike open wheel faggots. Talk about whatever racing you want here.
>>
>little kid giving everyone the layover flag

damn son
>>
Stream is kill
Leaf streamer isn't streaming the weekend because he's at Toronto presumably

shit
>>
>>77145368
>jrs fans will stay and root for the car he used to drive
Are rednecks really this retarded?
>>
>>77085810
This. For some reason France is pushing hard for the 78 to win the championship this year. I guess he wants an underdog story line.
>>
>>77145959
Do you have any idea how many people had to get another 8 added to their tattoos when he moved to Hendrick? Yes, they are.
>>
besweet is back for now
>>
>>77145182
I could see Kenseth going to the 5 car for a one year deal possibly, probably won't happen though.
>>
>bread
>>
File: wediditlads.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
wediditlads.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
WE
DID
IT
BOYS

Remember to destroy the back end.
>>
Meme caution incoming
>>
its another kyle and bread rape young guys episode
>>
Stupid liberty mutual ad
>>
File: NASCAR.jpg (29KB, 764x142px) Image search: [Google]
NASCAR.jpg
29KB, 764x142px
Kyle Busch deserves to win 0 races in the cup series this year
>>
File: ..jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
38KB, 480x360px
>Ower dwiver won again! Think of all the shekels we'll get from the goyim!
>>
The race ended and I didn't even notice.

Kyle Busch is an ass.
>>
File: Matt.jpg (1MB, 4000x2657px) Image search: [Google]
Matt.jpg
1MB, 4000x2657px
>The boo's
>>
>fucking finish interview

Nothing
But
Cancer
>>
lol at the security keeping fans away from the fence. Everyone hates Kryle. Nascar needs to stop him.
>>
Kyle Busch said on SiriusXM that he's probably done racing XFINITY after he wins 100 races.
>>
>>77147531
>http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/07/15/kyle-busch-xfinity-series-all-time-wins-retirement/?linkId=100000000617585

is official, after the 100 he's done
>>
>>77147531
>>77149166
Just to think, if he hadn't blown an entire season running his own operation and not winning shit he's probably already be at 100
>>
File: PJ1.jpg (14KB, 327x400px) Image search: [Google]
PJ1.jpg
14KB, 327x400px
THIS THREAD BUMP HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY PJ1 TRACKBITE TRACTION COMPOUND

A CUSTOM FORMULATED RESIN THAT PROVIDES CONTROLLED TRACTION FOR COMPETITION RACING
>>
>>77147531
>>77149166
>“I’ll do it on occasion for Joe (Gibbs) if he asks me as a favor because he wants to assess where his team’s at, but other than that I’m done,” Busch said.
I wonder how many "occasions" that there will be
>>
>>77145709

RIP to us few sports car racing and touring car fans
>>
>>77145709
/motorsport/ will return next week.
>>
One of the crown jewels of World of Outlaws, the King's Royal from Eldora last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hvMsZwXH4M
>>
>>77122699
>Hyundai

WHY NOT NISSAN DAMMIT?
>>
Tennis match of the year >>77152188
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.