[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career-Ending Injury?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1men.jpg (30KB, 470x356px)
1men.jpg
30KB, 470x356px
Hey /sp/, recently I was catching for my team in my second to last baseball game of the season and I somehow managed to injure myself. Apparently I have a possible torn Meniscus, and I've heard about this injury and that it could be really bad to occur in general. Can anyone help elaborate?
>>
>>77070938
It's a long recovery process, but it heals.
>>
my sister is a nurse you'll never walk again
>>
Consider starcraft
>>
>>77071053
Can confirm this post. Am doctor and astronaut.

Currently posting from the ISS :^)
>>
Doctor here, looks like you will need a knee replacement
>>
>>77070938
you can heal in 6-8 months or so but probably shouldn't be playing catcher ever again
t. had to convert to 2B/OF because of torn meniscus/2 ruined MCLs
>>
Your knee is now that of an old man.
>>
meniscus tears can heal on their own, but not all do. try rubbing behind your knee and giving up sports for like 4-6 months, you might be fine after that. ask your doctor for some painkillers because that's your happiness now.
>>
Meniscus isn't too bad
>>
F
>>
>>77072775
Thanks but I've been recently playing a good amount of first base also do you think I could do that? Also thanks for all the replies guys serious and jokingly.
>>
I have a career ending injury, I'm fat.
>>
>>77070938
Go have an MRI to be safe, could be some ligament damage and you dont want to fuck with that. Meniscus tears arent that bad, you can literally walk out of the hospital on the same day you get the surgery.
>>
>>77085553
Ya we've already scheduled to meet with a Orthopedic to get an MRI, thanks for the advice again.
>>
If not treated right you could develop arthritis because the meniscus isn't acting as a softener between the lateral and medial condyle of your femur and the head of the tibia. Basically it will cause bone on bone grinding which hurts like a bitch.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.