[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one reason why hockey isn't the best sport.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

Give me one reason why hockey isn't the best sport.
>>
it's rather difficult to see the puck.
>>
>>77040695
Does this legitimately deter you from enjoying hockey? I mean, when the puck is in the open ice, it's very easy to see. And when it's in the corner, it's still not that hard unless the players are facing and touching the boards.
>>
>>77040748
Without memeing, yes, not being able to clearly see where is the object players chase after removes a lot of pleasure from watching hockey. it's frustrating
even more if you come, like me, from watching only football, where the ball is bright white on deep green
inb4
>hurr durr, it's the PALYERS you have to watch dumbass
>>
>>77040672
It's just soccer on ice. Kind of a lame gimmick.
>>
>>77040672
Canadians
>>
File: Bandy.jpg (67KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bandy.jpg
67KB, 900x600px
Bandy > Hockey
>>
>>77041198
Nice
>>
>>77041198
It's soccer on ice without the fairy faggots and low scoring
>>
File: get out.gif (471KB, 474x379px) Image search: [Google]
get out.gif
471KB, 474x379px
>>77041243
>>
>>77041398
>muh low scoring

glad being a manchild is what deters you from enjoying football. Bet you can't enjoy books or dramas because "MUH NO ACTION :(((("
>>
File: Mr-freeze-evil-plan.jpg (45KB, 431x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mr-freeze-evil-plan.jpg
45KB, 431x300px
>>77040672
Because it's COLD
>>
I can't. Beautiful to play, beautiful to watch, requires a great amount of skill and teamwork, and at the end of the day is still incredibly entertaining to both see on the screen and in person
>>
>>77040672
There isn't one
>>
>>77040672
Can't see the puck
Play seems stupid
It's the favorite sport of the leaf
Etc
>>
>>77043141
>can't see the puck
literally what? buy a bigger TV. or are you an aspie?
>>
>"can't see the puck"

What did they mean by this
>>
>>77040672
far too luck based, too chaotic
>>
>>77043141
>Can't see the puck
>Play seems stupid
I can't believe that my fellow countrymen are this dumb and blind.
>>
>>77046904
now this post holds some truth
>>
>>77046904
>far too luck based

Only good point in this thread and even then, it applies to every other sport as well. Except basketball and wrestling cause they're rigged

>too chaotic

But that's a good thing
>>
>>77040672
Cricket exists
>>
>>77046997
but the amount of luck is very high. why is it that when betting on a regular season game winner, in 90% of the time the winner can be completely random?
>>
>>77040695
I don't even like the sport but I feel like you have to be Magoo if you can't see the puck. Always baffled by this "reason" for not liking the sport.
>>
>>77047061
c'mon dude. he's french. ofcourse he's a Magoo
>>
>>77047049

You're pulling statistics out of your ass. Parity is what causes most of these "random" wins
>>
>>77047128
parity as in the fact that the teams are at even strenght? ok maybe that's the real reason
>>
>>77047049
Some people like to watch sport outside of gambling.
>>
File: luck-puck.png (286KB, 824x423px) Image search: [Google]
luck-puck.png
286KB, 824x423px
>luck puck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNlgISa9Giw
>>
>>77041412
>underrating bandy
>>
Can only play it in winter
Plus you cant play it unless you have expensive gear and a spot to play
>>
>>77047700
This doesn't mean hockey requires no skill. Rather hockey is ridiculously reliant on skill. All this says is luck does have a bit more power in hockey than another sport. Basketball, soccer, and baseball don't require nearly half as much skill as hockey for example.
>>
>>77047845
>basketball and baseball
>less skill
B8
>>
>>77047871

Have you ever played hockey before?
>>
>>77047845
why because you have to skate? skating isn't hard.
>>
>>77047700
Imagine playing divegrass with a two meter long stick, while balancing on cm wide blades.
>>
File: 1401154100937.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1401154100937.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>77047903

>skating isn't hard.
>>
>>77048001
4 y/o do it
> a Canada that can't skate??
>>
>>77048041

Just cause you "know" how to skate doesn't mean you're actually good at it
>>
>>77047903
What about puck control, stick handling, shooting, passing, and body checking? Lest we forget hockey iq. If you don't know where people are you're gonna get murdered by someone unexpectedly, if you can't somewhat predict where the puck is gonna end up then you'll never be able to get it, you have to know where to position yourself or you're gonna die or get burned, and you need very good hand eye coordination. I mean great if you can learn how to skate, but that doesn't mean you can play hockey.
Man I've been playing for 10 years and I still fucking suck. -15 rating in beer league and 7 points in 20 games as a right winger
>>
>>77046883
They must still have TVs from 1975
>>
>>77040695
Get a tv not made a decade ago
>>
>>77040672
it's entirely luck based, even more so than other team sports. plus you can't see the puck on tv
>>
>>77047049
Well, that was suppose to be the point of a long regular season, but you're right when they let half the teams in the playoffs and it a 4-7 game series, anyone can feasibly win.
>>
>>77047929
Imagine being an absolutely average human being with average to mediocre athletic abilities, pushing a puck around with a stick in a room the size of your backyard and calling yourself an athlete.
>>
>>77040672
Sport based entirely on luck
Low scoring games with at least a 100:1 shot per goal ratio
>>
>>77048067
These niggas aren't doing 720-no-scope one foot twirls while carrying a girl around or some shit. They just skate fast.
>>
>>77047845
lol
Nobody plays hockey
Many hockey players wouldn't even be pro if as there was a large talent pool
>>
>>77049052
>100:1

Are you listening to radio recordings of games from the 1910s?
>>
its played by commies, Fingols, and Leafs
>>
Why does the United States - their national team - suck so much at the international scenario? It seems that the nordic countries is far better.
>>
>>77049129
Terrible post. I've played all my life and I've never made it pro. I have sat on the bench for a SPHL team in an emergency situation, but I wasn't good enough to make the team. Countless open tryouts, never made it because nhl or ahl rejects always make the teams rather than an amateur who only played club hockey at a college with no DI team. I'm not alone, there's thousands to millions of us
>>77051224
USA hockey's growth and development is garbage. There are good spots like Minnesota, but the majority of the country is just bad development wise. Sometimes players pop up randomly like auston matthews from Arizona, but that is not a recipe for long lasting international success. Its just a few kids who work their ass off
>>
>>77051332
You're not pro cause you're not roiding lmaooo
>>
I enjoy it but the NHL season is too long imo, it's weird watching hockey in the middle of May when it's 20 C outside.
>>
>>77051531
This. It's hard to care about regular season games when there are so many and half the teams make the playoffs anyways. Once the playoffs start, though, it's unrivaled.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.