[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

golf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 12

File: europe-golf.jpg (59KB, 960x720px)
europe-golf.jpg
59KB, 960x720px
Do you faggots golf?
What do you shoot on 18? What do you 'actually' shoot on 18?
Favorite club?
Favorite golf related thing?
Do you Golf alone? Do you walk or cart?
Golfing
>>
I shoot in the 76-79 range.

I really shoot in the 76-79 range.
>>
>>76986833
No, you're a dumbfuck tripcuck that should kill himself and his 115 score
>>
I always pull out on 18
>>
playing sports is stupid

my favorite club is the alien wedge
>>
I like golf
>>
I work maintenance on a bretty nice golf course and get free golf but I never even go because I'd shoot like 60 on 9.
>>
>>76986747
Im an 85-95 golfer depending on how technical the course is. Good enough to do company golf events that are all scrambles. Got into the 70s one summer when i played 4 times a week but i just dont have time for that any more. Lost a lot the one summer i didnt play at all.

I can pretty much do everything well, but the lack of time invested leads to inconsistency.
>>
File: hingeandload.jpg (28KB, 298x400px) Image search: [Google]
hingeandload.jpg
28KB, 298x400px
Hinge and hold, bros.
>>
Love golf but I've only been playing for six months. Can't even drive properly kek, I just tee off with my 3 iron
>>
>tfw great with irons but drive like a cuck

The US Open is mine if they ever hold it on a par 3 course lads.
>>
I fucking suck but at least my friends do too.
>>
>>76995891
Get a lesson.
$100 lesson is worth more than a $500 driver
>>
File: lel.jpg (235KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
235KB, 960x540px
>>76986747
it's called a "handicap"

>A golf handicap is a numerical measure of a golfer's potential ability. In stroke play, it is used to calculate a net score from the number of strokes actually played during a competition, thus allowing players of different proficiency to play against each other on somewhat equal terms.
>>
Every Saturday when it's nice enough out.
Handicap is 7.
Favorite club is this shitty old 5 wood that I've had for 20 some years that can place within 10 feet from where I want it to land from 250 yards out.
Favorite golf related thing is that you can drink and drive a cart while still playing it.
Always golf with at least one other person and always take a cart.
I'll watch whatever PGA tournament is happening every week. Phil is love. Phil is life.
>>
>>76986747

Used to golf at this super upper class club. I left that place because while I understand golf is a rich man's sport, there are limits to snobbery for me. I made a hole in one last year, tradition dictates that a club member that scores a hole in one gets his name engraved in this antique wooden plaque in the clubhouse. But since the club owners didn't like (guess I'm not a snob) they refused to engrave my name. That was the last straw.

Lowest i got was handicap 8, now I'm at 11 (i took a year off and got rusty). Now I'm just looking for a nice club with semi-normal people. Also, karting is for old people and fatties.
>>
>>76997887
Most plebs don't know their handicaps and basically all 18 hole courses that aren't tour tier are only going to be a 4 stroke skill difference
>>
File: mos def.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mos def.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
>>76999273
don't reply to me ever again unless you are +9 or under
>>
>>76999787
On 9 holes I am
>>
>>76986747
>Do you faggots golf?
yes
>What do you shoot on 18? What do you 'actually' shoot on 18?
i shoot in the low hundreds on city courses. on a harder course i would do much worse
>Favorite club?
pitching wedge
>Favorite golf related thing?
the Ryder Cup
>Do you golf alone? Do you walk or cart?
I rarely golf alone, usually i play in a foursome with friends and we do 2v2 scramble. we walk
>>
I shoot about 87-92 depending on the round
I really shoot about 92-95 probably
My favorite club is my 8-iron, I hit a fantastic shot from 125 out with that club yesterday and put it within 2 inches of the hole for a tap-in birdie on 18
I like bringing beer and weed to the course and getting fucked up as I play a round
I never bring a cart, I think half the point of golf is to walk the course, it's good exercise
I always golf alone, I hate golfing with other people except some friends, but I have a weird work schedule so it doesn't work out and I just go alone
>>
I didn't play high school golf or anything but I always enjoyed it as a kid. Now that I'm an oldfag I'm actually starting to practice and am shooting mid-90's most days.

I got my first hole in one a couple of weeks ago ^_^
>>
>>77000167
Oh and I've started to play more because my dad belongs to this crazy nice golf club where his kids can play for free.

Golf goes against a lot of my moral inclinations TBQH, with all of the elitism and excessive use of pesticides. But it's still fun as fuck and something I get to do with my dad.

If I'm alone, I'll for sure be at the cheapest muni astroturf driving range possible.
>>
File: Callaway-816-woods.jpg (160KB, 800x559px) Image search: [Google]
Callaway-816-woods.jpg
160KB, 800x559px
>>76986747
I just bought this club.
It's a 3 wood
>>
I'm going to play 9 before church tomorrow
>>
File: IMG-20170514-WA0015.jpg (213KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170514-WA0015.jpg
213KB, 1600x1200px
Just got some nice irons can't wait to hit em. Shooting mid to high 90's just getting back into golf. I've been as low as a 12 handicap but I'm far from that right now
>>
>>77014804
Sexy
>>
Anyone else have legacy clubs with sentimental value? My iron heads are like 30 years old, but my grandfather made the clubs for me 15 years ago. Since he retired hes pretty much only worked in pro shops and golf stores. Hooked me up to a machine to measure everything and then made the clubs himself.

Ill never buy another set of clubs. Im deadly with those irons.
>>
File: jennyshin.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
jennyshin.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
Post your golfus
>>
Any of you faggots watching the Greenbrier on CBS?

Decent tournament, lots of guys fighting for an invitation to The Open.
>>
Rented Taylor Made M2s from my dads club when I visited him last month cause I didn't feel like checking a bag and they changed my outlook on golf. It's taking every ounce of will in my body to not splurge and get a new set for myself.
>>
Just went golfing with my dad but he was kind of an asshole the entire time.
>Hey dad, do these 3 tips I learned! You nee-
>"You're not a pro, REEEEEEE!!"
>Dad, I'm just saying you should keep your left arm straight and bend yo-
>"Kek! Watch out for this guy over here"
>Dad, I can just see tha-
>"I'M JUST OUT HERE TO HAVE FUN. IF I WANTED A LESSON I'D ASK FOR ONE. KEEP IT UP AND I'LL JUST DRIVE HOME"

Fucking babby, dudes. I NEARLY had a bad time (still had fun but it could have went sour).
Fuck.
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>77030531
I'm going to buy some used irons. Probably like Ping G20s or something.
I won't drop more than $250
>>
>>77030631
Him, unless you kept it up throughout the round. Then it was you.
>>
>>77030705
I may have slightly kept it up but he was full REEEEing at the driving range right off the bat.
I might have made one comment every two holes or something during play that just came up naturally like "lifted your head" or "take a practice shot" or something
>>
File: varo.jpg (9KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
varo.jpg
9KB, 188x268px
>>76999918
>low hundreds
>>
>>77014666
>Church
>With that post number.
>>
File: pink.jpg (262KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
pink.jpg
262KB, 500x625px
>>77029757
For me, it's Paula Creamer.
>>
>>77030819
I'd let her cream me if yaknowatimsayyin
>>
>>76986747
I like to go shirtless shoeless golfing with as many beers as we can shove in our golf bags.

At 6'2", I can't find any clubs (other than drivers) that fit me. Keep browsing Goodwill for second-hand, but don't want to fork over hundreds for actual good clubs fitted to me for the type of golfing I do.
>>
>>76999918
>Do you faggots golf?
yes
>What do you shoot on 18?
Avg ~ 95, best 84 over a summer in college I didn't work so spent a lot of hours at the putting and chipping free
>Favorite club?
Driver, used to be auto 50 yard slice till i watched some youtube stuff and now pretty consistant 280 off the tee but do lose my touch alot since I've stoped playing as regularly
living in phx it's going to the waste management such a awesome atmosphere
>Do you golf alone? Do you walk or cart?
Usually alone unless my dad or brother come in town. And always throw some head phones on and walk
>>
>>77031181
I'm 6'2" and standard clubs are just fine. Bend your knees get in a athletic stance really helped my game doing so
>>
I'm too impatient for golf. Seems fun though
>>
I was thinking the other day and curios if this is true for any other anons...
I grew up primarily playing hockey and baseball but did golf here and there. I still play adult league hockey and slow pitch and when I score a goal or crush one into the gap it's cool and all but if I hit a 20+ foot putt or crush one straight down the fairway or hit one with in 5 ft of the pin its like 100 times more satisfying then anything in any other sport
>>
>>77031181
You just don't bend your knees.
Go scrounge up 50 dollars and take a lesson dipstick
>>
>>77031589
I do bend. Made my friends laugh when they said just bend your knees, and it looked like a baby squatting. They thought I grabbed one of the junior clubs.

I just have an odd build, all torso.
>>
>>77030631
You

If he doesnt ask for advice then dont offer it. Just beat his score and shit talk.

Me and my dad get pretty competitive. Why would i give him advice? Fuck him, i want him to get desperate enough to start losing 20 bucks a hole.
>>
>>77031921
I get down like I'm skating backwards in hockey or playing defense in basketball.
You need to bend like you're playing linebacker, dude.
>>
>>77032203
I'd like for him to get good and semi serious because he just retired and I want him to find a healthy hobby
>>
>>77030631

>I'M JUST OUT HERE TO HAVE FUN

Fuck him for having no pride in his ability
>>
I got my first set for Christmas.
I already bought a new driver, 3 wood, putter, and wedge. So basically I only need irons and a hybrid or 5 wood to have a completely new set.

Should I just wait for the year to end to buy it or just say fuck it and go in? I don't want to seem like a dick to my family who bought me the clubs though
>>
>>77032249
I'm sure your dad wants your pity dickhead
>>
>Do you faggots golf?
Yes
>What do you shoot on 18? What do you 'actually' shoot on 18?
85-88 range, would be high 70s if I had more time and $$$
>Favorite club?
Depends on the day, usually my 58 wedge or 2 iron, hit that 2 about 270 like a laser
I truly love everything about the game, I'm not often happier than when golfing
>Do you Golf alone? Do you walk or cart?
Golfing
Sadly I almost always golf alone, not many friends who golf. I prefer to walk also, all my best rounds have come when walking, just have much better rhythm
>>
File: 2.png (2MB, 998x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
2MB, 998x1500px
Best sport out there
>>
>>77035440
>actually falling for Scott Memeron putters
All of my jej
>>
File: wjidw.jpg (209KB, 1500x997px) Image search: [Google]
wjidw.jpg
209KB, 1500x997px
>>77035454

bought it used, wasn't pricey at all
>>
>>77034778
Not pity. Don't be testy
>>
>>77035509
I suppose it helps when you're a lefty too you can get real nice deals.
How are the G15s? I'm looking at G20s online right now but they're more steep than I'd like.

Also... How's the Scotty Memeron putter. I'm very curious
>>
>>77035535

I like the 8/9/W but the others dont feel all that great. Im looking at maybe some older cavity back callaways or ping s55's

The memeron is very nice, very good feel. I want to repaint to a green this winter
>>
>>77035670
Don't feel great how? I don't want to have a shitty investment, so far I've totally killed on all the clubs I bought except I'm not a huge fan of my Titliest Vokey 54 oil can
>>
>>77035670
>>77035694
Irons are my next step up from beginner to intermediate golfer and I'm a ruralcuck without a fitting place for literally 60 miles
>>
>>77035694

my ball flight is a little low and dont seem to make the best contact. but it's probably my inconsistent swing path. The g20's looks good though, obviously try them out in a shop if you can.
>>
So I've never golfed but there's a course near where I live

How much do 18 holes usually cost and can I do it if I don't have any clubs? Like, will they rent some out to me?
>>
>>77035883
Go to the range first. If you've never golfed or swung a club more then a few times you will quit way before 18 holes. And you can usually rent clubs most places
>>
>>77035932

How much do rentals go for?
>>
>>77035883
Honestly just go full balls in.

It cost me $500 for a membership and my clubs cost $200
Been worth it. I'm doing a minimum of 8 hours a week on the course.
Such a great activity

I pop in some Bluetooth headphones and put a podcast on and just walk and play. Puts me at ease and gets you both out of your head but also inside your head.

For any anons reading this I cannot recommend golfing alone more to you
>>
>>77035966

I don't have that kind of money, man
>>
>>77035946
At my course it is 21 dollars to play 9 holes. It's high price to keep the plebs away who don't want to invest in a membership.

I don't think they charge for rentals but tbqh you can go to Walmart and get a bag of clubs for $180
Next year or the following when you learn how to hit somewhat you can get new clubs you can sell those for like $60 or whatever. And you can keep the bag. Bags go for like $100 so it's a good purchase anyways
>>
>>77035985
Fair enough. I just got my first big boy job making 38k a year right now (inb4 300k math majors)
I was working as the night manager at Domino's before that for $11.00 an hour.

I made room in my budget to do an activity I liked.
>>
>>77035946
~10 probably depending the course. Can't be sure though I've only rented on vacay a few times. The range by me you can demo new clubs if your looking to buy, or try the used ones free so you could give that a shot
>>
>>77035993

>$180 clubs at Walmart

I don't believe you
>>
>>77036026
Alright $250
These are the clubs I use for the most part except I bought 3 clubs on my own
>>
>>77036042
>>77036026
https://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Sporting-Goods-Complete-Package/dp/B00GLL3H5M

And if you actually search, you can get clubs that were like $500 in 2014 for $90 today
>>
I've seen clubs at goodwill stores

Are they even worth using if I just want to try it?
>>
>>77036059
Yes.
There's nothing wrong with old clubs.

Honestly the technology for irons hasn't really changed in 20 years.
One hobby that I saw on YouTube that I said "that's awesome" was people are starting to restore old clubs and making them look like new retro style clubs and using them
>>
>>77036072
>>77036059
https://youtu.be/gssA68Vsmb8
>>
Only golfing related thing I know is John Daly. My Hero.
>>
>ye
>upper 90s
>1 iron because when I hit it right it goes 255 and stops dead.
>drinking at 10am
>walk preference.
>>
I can't hit my middle irons properly or comfortably because of my height and the clubs being too short (I'm 6'4). I can adapt with the higher irons though.

I don't really want to spend the money on getting custom made clubs. Otherwise if i did, i'd probably shoot between 90-110 on average.
>>
>>77036680
.... bend. Your. Knees.

The +1 clubs are for like 6'5". And like they said, all they do is give you one extra inch.
Take a lesson. You aren't the only lanklet out there.
>>
>>76986747
Around 80

I like a 4 iron on a long par 3
>>
>>77035985
go to public courses, I pay 20 bucks per round around my area. Honestly it's a lot of fun no matter where you play. I go to a par-3 course that's 10 bucks on weekdays and it's nearly empty so I play like 4 balls on every hole. I've gotten so much better in the last 3 months, I used to be a 100+ golfer, now I consistently play around 90
>>
I shoot in the 120s.

I play once a week.
>>
File: fatass.jpg (32KB, 306x513px) Image search: [Google]
fatass.jpg
32KB, 306x513px
>70 years old fat ass can play it every week-end
a "sport"
>>
>>77030631
You. Should've played to beat him, then you would've had actual credibility.
>>
>>>/asp/
>>
>>77038721
I BTFO of him though
>>
>>76986902
is this some stupid sex joke only normies can understand?
>>
just shot 122 yesterday
>>
>>76986747
So you faggots golf?
>Yes
What do you 'actually shoot on 18'
>82-86 avg. Best tournament in high school did 78, 78, 80.
Favorite Club?
> crisp 3 iron off the tee box. I put my driver in the bag most rounds because I get into more trouble with it. I can't practice often.
Favorite golf related thing?
>chilling out on the golf course with some drinks and cigars
Do you golf alone? Do you walk or cart?
>Playing alone sucks and I used to walk when I played high school golf. Not anymore.
>>
>>77032249
Hes a grown man. Hes either going to take to it or he wont. If the way he likes to play isnt serious and he just likes enjoying the day with you then thats all that matters.

But youll drive him away from it if you make it not fun. If he wants to git gud AND have you join him on that trek? Great. But it doesnt sound like hes ready or willing to do that. Just enjoy his company on the course and work on your own game m8
>>
>>76986747
I normally run a +16. It depends on the weather. I'm not very good, but I've birdied a few holes before.
>>
>>77036680
Spend the money to get your current clubs reshafted to fit your height. Youll enjoy playing so much more and wont feel like youre squatting to take a shit when you step up to the ball with your 5 iron.

Its worth it.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.