[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we stop American dominance once and for all?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: USA.jpg (135KB, 581x802px) Image search: [Google]
USA.jpg
135KB, 581x802px
How do we stop American dominance once and for all?
>>
wanna know how i know this is a internationally irrelevant sport?
>>
>>76967044
idk man basketball is probably the 2nd biggest "world game" after soccer
>>
>>76967044
Basketball players are among the most well rounded and best athletes of the world.
>>
>>76967058
For an international presence, boxing is bigger than basketball.
>>
>>76967296
Yes, but It is not a sport.
>>
Who are the 5 losses to? Argentina, Puerto Rico, ..?
>>
>>76967015
Stop playing korfball and play basketball instead.
>>
>>76967101
>be freakishly tall or you can't play

no.
>>
>>76967320
USSR in 1972 and 1988
dunno about the last one
>>
>>76967311
>sport dating back to the ancient Greeks and original Olympics isn't a sport

Sure thing, buddy.
>>
>>76967101
>tall niggers on roids

"no"
>>
>>76967296
i don't think so, more people play/watch basketball
sure, boxing is present in every single nation on Earth, but just as a second string sport
even in the Philippines, where they literally idolize Pacquiao, basketball is more relevant
>>
>>76967311
>boxing isnt a sport

kek manuel
>>
>>76967358

If one of those apes held a ball and raised it and asked you to try and get it you would look like such a weak little manlet that no woman would ever respect you
>>
>>76967416
i can jump a foot high thank you
what are you, fat or just a manlet?
>>
>>76967381
I'll admit more people probably play basketball because it's an easy sport to get into but more people watch boxing than basketball worldwide.

>even in the Philippines, where they literally idolize Pacquiao, basketball is more relevant

I doubt that a game of basketball will ever bring the nation to a standstill like a Pacquiao fight will.
>>
>>76967501
He's American, do you really think he can jump?
>>
>>76967333
Point guards aren't too tall.

In 2016 the most common point guard heights were 6'3 and 6'1.

But I have a feeling that athlete heights are inflated to it's probably closer to 6'1 and 5'11.

Isaiah Thomas is listed at 5'9 but he has said himself he's 5'8.

No excuses.

>>76967296
Boxing has a very low participation ratio, at least those who are serious about boxing.
But higher viewer numbers, probably.

>>76967501
Basketball players often have a tremendous wingspan too, so it's not just the difference in height you are battling but also somebody with longer arms.
>>
>>76967519
well that's because they really love the guy and most importantly love having a Flip being worldclass at something for once, but if we're talking about the sport, basketball is definitely bigger

>>76967555
well yeah, and i'd never be able to get it from them if they were trying, but i can dunk and i doubt there are many humans who can get their hand higher than 3.05m
>>
>>76967333
how does that contradict what he said? the fact that british manlets are excluded isn't an argument
>>
>>76967816
Because that's usually the only prerequisite. Basketball teams scout people solely because they're tall. There's not a lot of skill involved, you're just chucking a ball with your hands, we're genetically predisposed as humans to be good with our hands. There's next to no defence in the sport either so simply all you need is to be tall and to be reasonably accurate with your throwing which can be taught.
>>
>>76967896
So why are there sub 6 foot point guards in the NBA then?

Also being short is advantageous on the offence, most players being tall is because defence actually does matter.
Just because there's a lot of scoring going on doesn't make defence less important.
>>
>>76967015
>Yugoslavia will never be a thing again

A shame desu
>>
File: TITO.jpg (27KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
TITO.jpg
27KB, 375x500px
>>76967979
RIP Göring lite
>>
>>76967015
I thought roaches were good at it? Why are they not there?
>>
>>76967979

The 1992 team would have unironically been a tough opponent, even for the dream team
>>
File: ds.png (77KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
ds.png
77KB, 1200x800px
>>76967015
>Lithuania has the 4th best record
Haha, a really relevant sport, we can all see how everyone takes it really seriously!
>>
>>76967311
do you wanna know how i know you vote podemos?
>>
>>76967015
european federation
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.