[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone give me a quick rundown on the state of kickboxing. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: photo-2.jpg (429KB, 1078x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo-2.jpg
429KB, 1078x1280px
Someone give me a quick rundown on the state of kickboxing. I haven't followed the sport since K-1 went bust.
>>
>>76954412
Meme sport
>>
>>76954419
A
>>
It's shit and dying. GLORY tried to take over (same guys who were running ITS SHOWTIME) but they're losing all their stars (Saki went to the UFC and Holzken wants to do MMA as well).

Stick to Muay Thai (stadiums, that is, not that pretend American trash)
>>
>>76954442
FUCKING
>>
>>76954412
blame the ufc and its moronic fanbase.
>tfw when you will never re-live the glory days of pride and k-1
>>
>>76954637
What makes you say it's dying? I've followed kickboxing casually for a while now and if anything it just seems stagnant.

I also disagree that it's shit. It's just mediocre. I watch GLORY here and there and find it enjoyable. I'd never pick it over any other combat sport but it's good for when you want to watch some fights but you're having trouble focusing.

I'd probably like kickboxing a lot more if the rules weren't so shit. Literally my biggest gripe with the sport. GLORY tries to brand itself as the UFC without the ground game but their rules state otherwise. They should have five minute rounds and allow clinching and elbows.
>>
>>76959529
and what? allow the Thais to dominate again? nah
>>
>>76958701
>moronic fanbase

1v1 me faggot. I'll be in the parking lot wearing the tap-out merch you can't miss me.
>>
>>76959567
That'll just be the lower weight classes. Even then, would you rather watch boring fights just so one nation can't dominate?
>>
>>76959678
Have you seen Yodwicha? Fucker's got a clinch like a vice grip and he's got a big frame as well,RIP non-Thais if Clinching is ever allowed again,remember when Buakaw fucked up Masato so hard that K1 had to limit clinching? Good days
>>
>>76959711
Yodwicha is going to fight Petrosyan in December.
>>
>>76960541
Are you fucking serious? Wow I cant miss that,thanks for the heads up if true
>>
File: jeromelebanner.jpg (13KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
jeromelebanner.jpg
13KB, 200x250px
I miss the glory days of k-1. It was better than ufc imo. I was also training and competing at the time while watching those knockout compilations on eurosport with Pink's "So what, I'm still a rockstar" played after every ko.
Is pic related the most likeable guy that ever stepped inside the ring?
>>
File: ignashov.jpg (20KB, 240x360px) Image search: [Google]
ignashov.jpg
20KB, 240x360px
>>76961081
But that's not the Red Scorpion.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.