[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /sp/ think of badminton?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: lindansmah.jpg (229KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
lindansmah.jpg
229KB, 1024x683px
What does /sp/ think of badminton?
>>
>>76927266
>elf tennis
>>
>>76928568
It's faster and much more continuous than tennis
>>
>>76927266
it is fun to play at BBQs
>>
>>76929194
Once you get the hang of it playing on courts indoors is much better.
>>
>>76927266
not a sport, just another recreational game that slants turned into a sport because they're too effeminate to dominate at the real ones.
>>
>>76927266
2squeaky4me
>>
You're a chink from BC aren't you
>>
Tons of fun to play.
>>
Great sport to play. Much better than squash or racquetball imo. Looks very low impact and dainty though so won't ever attract an audience live or on TV.
>>
>played by indians and chinks
not a sport
>>
>>76934932
If you're comparing it to ping pong and think it's an effeminate sport to actually play I can tell you that you're dead wrong. Apart from technique and reflexes it requires a lot of quick changes of momentum and forearm and wrist strength. If you're not light on your feet and tire easily you're going to struggle at this.
>>
chink shit
>>
>>>/asp/
>>
>>76935179
Fuck oath. I tried to play it once. Just once. 6'4" & 220lbs. Nearly killed me.
>>
>>76935029
NAw from Mississauga :^)

>>76935088
>Argentina
You are the worst posters. Please leave 4chan.

>>76935179
>>76937216

Actually not much arm strength is used. Big people have a hard time playing badminton because they can't move around fast enough. After a few hours of badminton it's feet that hurt and burn like hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etmQ-b3cDhk
>>
the worst of tennis and table tennis put together.
>>
>>76940631
Why?
>>
>>76940690
boring like tennis
spastic like ping pong
>>
>>76940703
>boring like tennis
The sport IMO is very fun. But there are way to many breaks between rallies, and I dislike the un-engaging camera angle. Unlike badminton you aren't allowed your towel until 11points (which is about half) so no little breaks.

>spastic like ping pong
"spastic" sports take plenty of skill and are fun too watch.
>>
>>76940897
To each their own. I'm more a team sport person
>>
>>76940926
doubles badminton is a thing. But yeah to each their own.
>>
It's very popular here, not so much on an extreme competitive level though.

Anyone saying Badminton is shit, not a sport, weak blablabla has never hold a raquet in his hand, typical couch potato.
>>
>>76941101
>not so much on an extreme competitive level though

That's the problem with badminton. It's a hassle to get started. You need equipment (pretty cheap) and courts. And when playing at a low beginner level the hassle isn't worth for the play. That's we're most people lose interest. Unlike sports like football or nigger hoop it can be easily picked up and enjoyed and therfore improved upon without the obstacles of finding courts etc.
>>
>>76927266
I like watching it. But just like any other sport playing it is even more fun.
We (my friends and I) stopped playing cricket as soon as we all got settled. But we still find time for badminton on the weekends.
>>
>>76940956
>double rackets shitshow
nah, thanks
>>
>>76942029
It's the most spastic thing you'll ever see. Now that I say it you'll want to see it ;^)
>>76941814
Settled? But I'm glad badminton is a fun sport. Fuck Srikanth
>>
>>76942049
>Settled?
job/marriage/kids
>>
>>76927266
ERA
>>
>>76942123
Oh sorry for late reply. I just though settled as in migration.
>>
>>76935179
t. Xiang Lee
>>
File: tfu.png (64KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
tfu.png
64KB, 500x303px
>>76943905
Xiang lee is better than you at sports and probably more athletic.
>>
>>76943976
t. Zhang Chung
>>
>>76944075
t. ____________ is better than you at sports and probably more athletic.
>>
File: götze_costanza.jpg (177KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
götze_costanza.jpg
177KB, 601x601px
>>76934932
>a fucking american saying this
>>
If you don't remember Yoonger you don't know SHIT about /sp/
>>
>>76946566
What is this supposed to mean?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.