[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The great debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12

File: garnett ist gut.jpg (12KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
garnett ist gut.jpg
12KB, 284x178px
The great debate
>>
>>76926909
Duncan > Dirk > KD
>>
>>76926909
Duncan > Dirk = KG
>>
Duncan >KG> Dirk

There are 2 sides on a basketball court.
>>
Dirk > Duncan > KG

Dirk didn't get carried to a title unlike the other two.
>>
>>76926909
KG>Duncan>Dirk

Minnesota is a shit hole.
>>
File: Dirk Nowitzki Swish.jpg (545KB, 1484x989px) Image search: [Google]
Dirk Nowitzki Swish.jpg
545KB, 1484x989px
>>76926909

Dirk>>>Garnett=Duncan
>>
all overrated
>>
File: Dirk and some buster.jpg (933KB, 3622x2414px) Image search: [Google]
Dirk and some buster.jpg
933KB, 3622x2414px
>>76927989

You're fucking retarded, these were three out of the 5 best players of the 00's
>>
dirk is the worst but only because i can't possibly hate a human being more than for his choice in marriage

someone could kill my best friend and sister and i would STILL have less hatred for them
>>
In terms of overall career:
Duncan
KD
Dirk

In terms of prime ability:
Dirk
KG
Duncan
>>
>>76926909
Are those 3 the 3 best PFs of all time?
>>
>>76926909
Dirk was not a difference maker even on his prime. Yes I watched them live unlike most people here.
Duncan is basically the glue guy of the Spurs. Without him, Spurs crack under pressure. Looks what happened this playoffs. Kawhi is not a leader and Aldridge sucks.
Garnett is extremely overrated. He is one of the greats but not the greatest.
>>
The more black the pf the better his prime was
The more white the pf the more his longevity I'd
Really gets the synapses communcating with acetylcholine...
>>
>>76926909
Dirk, because he's willing to have a lesser salary so the team can sign other players
>>
>>76928938
He also put up better stats than KD in the playoffs
>>
>Destroys your list
>Gets fat
>>
>>76928631
>who is Karl Malone and Charles Barkley
>>
>>76928631
Duncan doesn't count. He played the 5 for most of his career
>inb4 most dominant when he was a PF
The Admiral contributed a lot to that
>>
KG in his prime shits on both of them.
>>
>>76928128
How is KG's career better than Dirk's? Dirk is an all time scorer,he carried his team to a chip unlike KG and has the same amount of MVPs
>>
>>76929026
>He also put up better stats than KD in the playoffs
Nope.
>>
>>76927900
>Carried

Implying Duncan got carried when he was averaging high scoring double doubles, you fat nigger. Also five rings > one ring.
>>
duncan>dirk>>>>>snakg selling out on his team to chase rings with superstars
>>
Duncan is the best leader among them and in his prime was just as good a player if not better considering he was better on defence than kG and Dirk. He was the best spurs player on the court in 4 of his rings and close to it in his 5th.
>>
>>76932658
Ginobili was better against the Pistons. Duncan got shat on by the defence
>>
KD has the highest winshare
criminally underrated as per
>>
>>76928631

Probably. I would take all three of these guys over Barkley or, obviously, Malone.
>>
Duncan
Dirk
Kg
>>
Dirk is easily the most influential out of the three. He's the main reason why basketball evolved into a 3 point shootout.

Duncan is obviously the best but he didn't really leave a lot of legacy to the game. He left a legacy in SA, but that's it.

KG sucks ass.
>>
>>76932873
>KG sucks ass.
Let's go home. He sucks as on air talent as well.
>>
File: 1452998825892.png (116KB, 816x587px) Image search: [Google]
1452998825892.png
116KB, 816x587px
>>76928098
>>
>>76926909
Depends what you want and when.

KG was an absolute machine in his prime. Just a monster on both ends of the court. Fell off a cliff later in his career.

Duncan WAS the big fundamental. Always solid for years. Few mistakes.

Dirk was an offensive stud. Better than the other two but a much bigger liability on the defensive end.

So, talent wise in their prime KG>Dirk>Duncan

Career Duncan>KG>Dirk
>>
>>76929631
Not anon from >>76928128 but I'd say KG was better overall career wise because his defense was so damn good. DPOY in 2008 and 9times NBA defensive first team.

Dirk was a phenomenal scorer but the game has two sides of the court and Dirk was never a great defender.
>>
KG > Duncan > Dirk

anyone who understands basketball in the slightest has the above
>>
There is no debate, Ducan by far
>>
Prime years only >KG
One year above and beyond the mortal realm where you will absolutely win and nothing will stop you >Dirk
Building a franchise, career length >Duncan
>>
>>76935814

Nope, you're retarded
>>
Duncan > Dirk > KG
>>
Didn't Duncan always destroy Garnett when they went head to head under the basket? And of course Dirk rarely played like a traditional PF.
>>
>>76928770
>Not knowing basic physiology
>>
>>76937064
KG is a meme that is loved by edgy teena as he was Shaq light. He was garbage and got bullied by Gasol in the paint. Comparing him to Duncan is a fedora thing
>>
File: dirk over wade.jpg (2MB, 2326x3194px) Image search: [Google]
dirk over wade.jpg
2MB, 2326x3194px
Tim Duncan>Dirk Nowitzki>Kevin Garnett
KG had an ok career but had to get a super team together to win a title
Dirk carried his team over LEBRON JAMES IN MIAMI, plus 30000
Duncan is obviously number one
>>
>>76931935
Why are so many people unaware that KG was traded?
>>
>>76926909
KG was loyal as fuck to the Wolves, you will never see that type of loyalty again. He worked his ass off for that jew fuck Glen Taylor.
>>
File: dirk discount.png (895KB, 900x526px) Image search: [Google]
dirk discount.png
895KB, 900x526px
>>76937501
>timmy 19 seasons
>kobr 20 seasons
>dirk 20 maybe 21 seasons 80 MILLION in hometown discounts
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimpagels/2014/07/16/dirk-nowitzki-passes-up-most-money-in-nba-history/#5e9c22613702
>>
>>76937532
And unlike Duncan's discounts it never led to the Mavs getting better talent. The way Cuban has wasted Dirk's career is criminal, he should have at least one more ring. The wasting of Rick Carlisle's coaching career is almost as bad. Fuck Cuban.
>>
>>76937554
This.
They should have kept Nash to the end too.
They wouldn't have lost the finals to the Heat or let the Warriors upset happen.
Cuban is a fuckn idiot.
>>
A white can never be more athletically gifted than a black. End of discussion.

Duncan > Garnett > Nowitzki
>>
>>76937554
dirk loves it here and he loves cuban, had plenty of opportunities to leave if he felt cuban wasn't doing enough
rick loves it here and he loves cuban, wouldn't have just signed a five year extention if he felt cuban wasn't doing enough
also, cuban doesn't make personnel decisions. he has input sure, he recruits sure, but the mavs do have a gm.
all these fags making the wrong choice isn't cuban's fault.
I mean, imagine if Deron hadn't wasted his best years in that dumpster fire that is brooklyn.
>>76937577
how did the warriors upset have anything to do with cuban? that was all Don Nelson.
but cuban has said letting nash go is his biggest mistake.
>>
>>76937582
>Duncan
>Black
>>
>>76937596
>also, cuban doesn't make personnel decisions. he has input sure, he recruits sure, but the mavs do have a gm.

Who answers to Cuban. He's the owner, the buck stops with him. Especially because Cuban is such a forceful personality that he obviously has some impact on the front office, even unintentionally.
>>
>>76937596
All I'm saying is if Nash had been there it may not have happened.
>>
>>76937623
if nash had been there it would have been worse. Don Nelson hand crafted both Dirk and Nash, he knew everything about their game.
>>76937616
>he obviously has some impact
>he has input
so exactly what I said?
>>
File: don dirk and nash.jpg (501KB, 2200x1327px) Image search: [Google]
don dirk and nash.jpg
501KB, 2200x1327px
>>76937623
it was still the biggest upset ever, but it's not a fucking mystery or anything
>>
>>76937635
>>76937662
The warriors were hot barely made it to 8, 2 games over .500. The Suns played awful against the Warriors too but the 2 together were pretty raw. Nash got those MVP awards for a reason. Maybe you guys are right not saying you aren't but the 2 should never have been separated.
>>
>>76937662
It really shouldn't have been an upset. Warriors beat them 3-0 in the seaso
>>
>>76937764
I'm not arguing that they should never have been separated; I'm not saying that they should have lost to the Warriors. I'm saying Don Nelson knew Steve Nash just as well as he knew Dirk Nowitzki.
That loss in 06 to the Heat and the sweep in 07 were what made Dirk diversify his skill set. He is not good enough to carry the 11 team to the ship without those losses. He has even said as much.
Both their skillsets were raw and one-dimensional and Don Nelson knew exactly how to take advantage of them.
>>76937795
it's a 1vs8 it will still be an upset
>>
>>76937825
True. Nash was a assistor not scorer tho his percentages were high when he did pull up. If he had shot more the games would be different too.
>>
>>76926909
why isn't Chris Webber in this debate also?
>>
>>76937934
I actually thought pre-injury CWebb was the best out of the 4 too, but I guess after his injury he couldn't muster the longevity the other 3 did
>>
>>76932847
Overall Duncan>KG>Dirk

Prime
KG>Duncan>Dirk
>>
The problem w KG is that he could not deliver on offense when you needed him to. He deferred way too often and got less aggressive as the game got down to the wire. Goat on D though.

Duncan > KG > Diggler

t. literally the biggest wolves fan on this site
>>
KG is so superior in talent it's not even funny. One of the best defenders in NBA history and the original Anthony Davis as a mobile, tall offensive center that played PF due to how skilled he was.
Dirk was second in talent but only offensive, so Duncan overall is better than Dirk. Add his personality, his coach, his teammates, and the organization he played for and he's the perfect teammate/team player.

So obviously it's KG>Duncan>Dirk.
But it's very close and I personally would never consider any one to be the greatest power forward all time. There's also the matter of how Tim Duncan played center over 60% of his career since his second year in the league compared to KG and Dirk who were clearly power forwards.
>>
>>76937064
Just checked their head to head stats. KG almost always played better during the Minnesota years but they always lost because the team is worse than the Spurs. During the Celtics years KG had already sacrificed his stats from the beginning to play 3rd man to Pierce and Ray Allen. So he played worse than Tim Duncan but broke even on wins because of it, got a championship.
>>
nissan honda chevy
>>
>>76939141
>KG is so superior in talent it's not even funny. One of the best defenders in NBA history and the original Anthony Davis as a mobile, tall offensive center that played PF due to how skilled he was.
You are a dumbass.KG was garbage in offense and a mediocre defender.Both Dirk and Duncan shitted all over him in everyway.There is a reason KG only won a ring when he got carried by Pierce.Ffs Gasol of all people destroyed KG
>>
>>76926909
It's not a "debate" if you include Duncan, he's unquestionably better than the other 2. Dirk vs. KG is a matter of taste.
>>
>>76939177
>KG almost always played better
He just chucked more.He always was Duncan's bitch.He was Gasol's bitch lol.He was overrated because he was supposedly a "badass"
>>
>>76939228
Why did he win DPOTY, and is all defensive first team more than all of those players then?

You're a fucking joke.
>>
>>76935891
>avowed casual with the approximate sports knowledge of the most superficial talking head
>>
>>76939247
>>76939228
Are you mentally ill?
>>
>>76939228
>KG was garbage in offense and a mediocre defender
what are you doing?
>>
>>76937582
Duncan is gay, though, so where does that leave him?
>>
>>76926909
Garnett > Duncan > Dirk
>>
>>76939271
>Why did he win DPOTY
DPOTY is worthless.Garnett was trash.That is why he just statpadded in the regular season to look like a dumbass in the playoffs.He is Gasol tier.He is not even close to Dirk or Duncan
>>
File: lebron.jpg (26KB, 800x436px) Image search: [Google]
lebron.jpg
26KB, 800x436px
>>76939345
>>
>>76939247
Gasol is a massive center. KG is a lanky power forward. They don't play the same position except when KG was forced to play out of position because Minny is shit at team construction. Even then, in their h2h, KG scores more, rebounds more, gets more assists, and shoots better.
>>
>>76939390
>Gasol is a massive center
I was talking about Pau.KG and Pau are in the same tier which is way below Duncan's and Dirk's status.I don't know why people overrate Garnett so much
>>
KG at his prime was basically Duncan with slightly better offense and defense, plus the capability to run an offense.
>>
>>76939403
>KG at his prime was basically Duncan with slightly better offense and defense, plus the capability to run an offense.
Delusion af.He had an average jumpshot and never had Duncan's fundamentals.KG just suffered the Kevin Love/Chris Bosh effect.Any PF in a shit tier team can look really impressive when they are allowed to statpad
>>
>>76939428
>muh fundamentals
>average jumpshot
KG shot 50% for his career while playing on much worse teams and not getting as many easy shots. I guess learning to play in the fucking NBA is really better than learning at Wake Forest.
>>
>>76939456
>KG shot 50% for his career while playing on much worse teams and not getting as many easy shots.
The Wolves in 2004 were a good team.Garnett is just a Gasol not a Duncan or Dirk.He can't will his team to a championship.Garnett should be compared to Bosh,Gasol or KL.Comparing him to Duncan or Dirk is just being retarded
>>
File: kevin garnett vs Gasol.png (100KB, 1782x720px) Image search: [Google]
kevin garnett vs Gasol.png
100KB, 1782x720px
>Muh Garnett was better than Duncan
There are no dumber people than Wolvies and Leltics fans.Garnett was a black Pau Gasol
>>
>>76939624
ty quality spainposter
KG was good but not on the level of Dirk or Timmy
>>
what debate? duncan easily
lakers dont make playoffs btw
>>
>>76926909
No white person cares about cuckhoop after 20 years old
>>
>>76926909
KG is a better player than Duncan, but Duncan has had more success. KG played for the fucking Timberwolves though. Dirk is a great offensive player, but not nearly as good as the other two.
>>
>>76926909
Duncan > Malone > KG > Dirk > Charles
>>
Dirk destroyed KG and swept his team in their only playoff meeting.

Shouldn't even be a question Dirk > KG
>>
File: nash-steve-video-sl-features.jpg (56KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
nash-steve-video-sl-features.jpg
56KB, 1024x576px
>>76926909
>mfw Amare' was supposed to settle the debate
>>
>>76926909
Duncan>Dirk>KG
>>
>>76928938
>Dirk made $25M last year.
>Duncan made $10M or less the last 5 years of his career. Do some research.
>>
>>76944305
>KG is a better player than Duncan, but Duncan has had more success. KG played for the fucking Timberwolves though. Dirk is a great offensive player, but not nearly as good as the other two.
KG was worse than Duncan at everything
>>
>>76937459
>KG had an ok career but had to get a super team together
Spurs have been a literal superteam for Tim duncans whole career
>>
>>76953561
The Spurs never made it to a finals until Timmy came.Timmy literally created a dinasty.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.