[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mike Tyson

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7114.jpg (31KB, 480x360px)
IMG_7114.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
Greatest of all time?
Talk straight boxing ability, no outside the ring shit.
>>
>>76781297
Honestly no.
>>
Not even close.
>>
far from the greatest but one of the most entertaining boxer, this is what we ask from them, they're show men not fighters
>>
File: IMG_0373.jpg (145KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0373.jpg
145KB, 728x546px
But what did he mean by this?
>>
Mike COULD have been the GOAT, you need to admire the man for being able to fight above his size well. But he barely makes Top 10 of all time as far as Heavyweights go
>>
>>76781390
>you can't last two minutes in my world

Is his world a metaphor for anus?
>>
>>76781297

He's not a top 5 heavyweight but it's really only Ali who captured the American imagination like him
>>
>>76781401
If Don King didn't fuck up Mike Tyson via hyping him up and if Tyson didn't fire Kevin Rooney, this guy could have been a contemporary Rocky Marciano.
>>
>>76781522
Except even more impressive, Marciano going undeated as a Heavyweight is a proud accomplishment but his opponents did not offer as much of a size disparity as much as Mike faced
>>
>>76781499
Simply wrong senpai
Joe Louis Jack Dempsey John L Sullivan and Jack Johnson were all more captivating than him to the American public
>>
>>76781566

That was a completely different era. Nobody talks about Joe Louis or posts Joe Louis quotes but Tyson is a part of the pop culture zeitgeist. Casual boxing fans think Mike Tyson was the greatest fighter to ever live.
>>
My vote goes for Sugar Ray Robinson
>>
>>76781616
It takes someone special to be Muhammad Ali's idol

https://youtu.be/5VLWBVpL23k
>>
Loma
>>
>>76781601
Moving the goalposts there senpai. Each of the fighters I listed was more popular in their time than Tyson was. The only thing Tyson has on them is recency and the fact that his life and fights were more widely televised.
>>
Not even Top 100, not even a Top 10 Heavyweight.
>>
>>76781390
>calls others faggot
>wants to eath other's assholes

Sounds like overcompensating.
>>
>>76781723
Definitely top 50, but I agree not a top 10 hw.
>>
McGregor would fucking destroy that midget.
>>
>>76781297
everyone who is saying otherwise doesnt know boxing
>>
>>76781297
his peak was such a short period of time but at his peak no one beat him.
>>
File: im done.jpg (41KB, 600x611px) Image search: [Google]
im done.jpg
41KB, 600x611px
>>76781297
he is GOAT.
power and speed. nobody can beat iron mike in his prime. everybody was just scared of him when he was the champ.
sugar ray robinson may be p4p GOAT but be realistic, tyson will just kill him.
>>
>>76781297
The "Mike Tyson in his prime" meme is something only people who don't know shit about boxing say. He was literally knocked the fuck in his prime.
>>
>>76781297
He's not even the best HW, let alone p4p.
>>
>>76781390
>didn't add 'no homo' at the end
totally gay
>>
no, he literally got knocked out by buster douglas
>>
Tyson was trash
>>
I think to find out who the best boxer is you have to look at how good their opponents were too. If I had to answer I would say Muhammad Ali is probably the most impressive considering who he fought.
>>
What are the best Tyson fights?
>>
>>76790335
unironically the ones where he gets KTFO. Douglas and Holyfield I.
>>
>>76781297
Holyfield > Tyson
>>
>tfw iron mike wasted his prime years on boxing when he was born to solve mysteries
>>
>>76781297
His strength and speed were crazy for a dude that size. Unfortunately, his skill wasn't great and his feet were shit.
>>
>>76787724
Says the casual. That was after he fired Rooney.
>>
ye
>>
>>76781297
Mike Tyson Mysteries is a decent enough show. It's watchable.
>>
>>76792029
>muh rooney
>>
>>76792216
> abandoning the style that made you champ for inferior methods abruptly doesn't negatively impact a career
>>
>>76787688
Prime Foreman vs Prime Tyson
>>
>caring about boxing outside the heavyweight division

stop being mexican or a manlet
>>
>>76781708
lol
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.