[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why would anyone buy a sports team?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

why would anyone buy a sports team?
>>
Because to the elite it's literally chump change and something to do when you're bored
>>
>>76774299
Tax benefits
>>
[spoiler]fun
>>
bragging rights with your rich billionaire friends

along the same lines as being a college booster
>>
tax write offs and government gibs?
>>
File: money3.jpg (220KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
money3.jpg
220KB, 1200x798px
>>76774299
(((Jeffrey Loria))) bought the Marlins for $158 million in 2002.

He's probably going to sell it for over $1 billion soon
>>
>>76774676
I didn't know the fire sale included rights to the Franchise, holy Christ that sum was nothing.
>>
>>76774676
Nobody's buying the fucking Marlins for 1 billion
>>
File: Capture.png (96KB, 771x511px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
96KB, 771x511px
>>76774744
lol ok
>>
As a dick measuring contest with other billionaires. It may also be due to boredom though some view it as an "investment".
>>
jesus you're all retards.
up until the 2000s the wealthy bought major sports franchises best described as similar to buying fine art: you admired the talent of the artist (players), bragging rights, somewhere to park $200m, a nice diversion from your normal racket.
now you buy the franchise to leverage real estate megadeals (barclays center, patriot place, the englewood nfl campus). the operating cash flow is still miniscule when compared to traditional industry and really isn't worth the time sink for plutocrats outside of real estate.
some billionaires like art. some like sports. it's only recently that they can leverage the franchise for returns worthy of their time and effort.
>>
Stadiums are all free paid for by goy taxpayers. Buying a sports franchise is like buying a house in Vancouver that shits out million dollar bills. It's the best investment you can make if you have the money.
>>
>>76774956
>Jeb Bush
Marlins world series champs by 2020
>>
>>76776689
Most of all the NFL. I'm pretty sure the 2008 0-16 Lions team was the last team to operate for a loss for a season. That's 256+ combined team seasons without anybody operating in the red.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.