[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The largest sporting event of this generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: Conor-Floyd.jpg (68KB, 960x546px)
Conor-Floyd.jpg
68KB, 960x546px
I don't come to /sp/ at all, how has the hype been for this coming event on this board, an event which may be the biggest "hype" any boxing match has ever reached on a global scale.

I haven't watched a single boxing match and being a casual UFC fan I obviously want Conor to win but I know its highly unlikely. I was hoping you guys could recommend me some all time great boxing fights and specifically some of Mayweather's best fights, are boxing fights easy to find for free online in good quality? Will you be stealing this fight coming up in August? I feel like I won't be able to find a good quality video before the fight results get leaked, but hey, we probably already know the outcome.

Are any of you guys placing bets on this fight, I think that its hard to pass up on betting for Conor since the odds are so highly stacked against him.

Is Mayweather the greatest boxer of all time? Or is he purely just a pussy point scoring bitch like I've been reading?
>>
>>76726789
>Is Mayweather the greatest boxer of all time?
No.

I like him as a businessman though.
>>
>>76726789
May-Pac was the greatest sporting event of the generation
>>
Floyd is this eras greatest fighter, anyone who says otherwise is just a butthurt faggot who wishes he lost. He is without a doubt in the conversation for greatest boxer of all time, but you can't say one fighter was the greatest because there are far too many variables and history to just choose one.

Connor is going to lose badly, he's nowhere near the level of a top boxer let alone Mayweather.
>>
>>76726868
this event hasn't even happened yet and the internet is going crazy from what i've seen, lots of hilarious comments in broken english. As someone who hasn't watched anything about boxing I have heard about the May-Pac fight too, but it hasn't flooded all avenues of the internet like this fight has. Was it even a good fight? I heard the Pac guy was working a completely different job out of fighting and hadn't boxed in years and got old and was out of his prime.

>>76727000
Surely Mayweather at least has the best record out of all boxers? Never lost, never been knocked down is what I keep hearing.
>>
>>76726789

It's the stupidest "big" sporting events of this generation.

>We're having one of the greatest tennis players play basketball players against one of the greatest basketball players!
>Who will win!!!!
>>
>>76727453
>Surely Mayweather at least has the best record out of all boxers? Never lost, never been knocked down is what I keep hearing.
Only for 49 times, mostly against opponents he personally picks
>>
>>76727521
so how can this guy
>>76727000
call him the best fighter when hes been choosing free wins, are his fights at least entertaining? I just watched the highlight clip of the May-Pac fight and it looked boring as hell and Mayweather was just running at the end because he knew he had scored enough points, watching defense in nearly anything is boring imo
>>
>>76726789
>it's obvious mcgregor was planning on retiring anyways because he's sick of it
>now he gets to make a whole fucking boatload of money by getting 'embarrassed' one time

Honestly the biggest brain in all of sports.
>>
>>76727454

That's a shit comparison.

More like Football vs Rugby.
>>
>>76727453
>Surely Mayweather at least has the best record out of all boxers? Never lost, never been knocked down is what I keep hearing.

Having no wins/KDs isn't actually that meaningful

What matters is WHO he beat to get that record.

Lots of shit boxers get really good records by just fighting trash.

Mayweather is indeed a great boxer. Not because of his W:L, but because he's beat very good boxers.

>>76727666

Only if you mean "futbol" when you say football.

Having kicks and takedowns changes fucking everything. MMA fighters and boxers can't stand, walk, or approach each other the same way. Which means all punching technique and movement is completely different too.
>>
>>76727722
>Lots of shit boxers get really good records by just fighting trash.

An example of this is Arnold Gjergjaj.

He had a record of 29-0 with a KO% of ~70%.

Must be really good right? Fuck no. You've never heard of this guy for a good reason. He fought bums and his resume is garbage.
>>
>>76727000
>Floyd is this eras greatest fighter

No he's not. He's one of the greatest boxers ever, but that pansy is no fighter
>>
(You)
>>
File: 1498272463995.webm (1003KB, 720x484px) Image search: [Google]
1498272463995.webm
1003KB, 720x484px
Honestly here is a quick rundown

>Its gunna be hype as fuck
>Most of /sp/ is under the consensus that McGregor is going into this knowing he won't win
>Doesn't affect his UFC score and he makes fucking bank
>Proves Boxing is better than MMA
>Both industries boost together
>The Money Mcgregor Mayweather Keikaku is in full effect
>>
File: i.jpg (82KB, 1150x647px) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
82KB, 1150x647px
>>76729302
>Boxing better than MMA
>>
File: hugging intensifies.jpg (31KB, 510x337px) Image search: [Google]
hugging intensifies.jpg
31KB, 510x337px
>>76726868
>May-Pac was the greatest sporting event of the generation
>>
>>76726789
It's the third fight with most hype this year in my country
>>
>>76729376
no one cares about your country, apart from getting away from it
>>
>>76727453
>As someone who hasn't watched anything about boxing I have heard about the May-Pac fight too, but it hasn't flooded all avenues of the internet like this fight has.

Underage ban
>>
>>76729393
If we are talking about boxing Mexico is very relevant
>>
>>76726789
Mayweather best fights:
vs Gatti https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOi6Wk399jU
vs Corrales https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l79SJwyiQQw
vs Marquez (coming out of 18 months retirement against one of the best in boxing) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si7Vkh3Mers&t=1547s
vs Canelo Alvarez https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4T-rD3lpbk
vs Hatton https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJrCY2qwhgI
>>
>>76726789

It's the equivalent of the Rocky vs Thunderlips (Hogan) fight.
>>
>>76726789
clueless statement
>>
File: 1466731073851.jpg (22KB, 312x280px) Image search: [Google]
1466731073851.jpg
22KB, 312x280px
Please don't waste your time watching Mayweather so you can make armchair comments about the "flaws in his game Conor will expose" when knowing little about either sport.

That's the worst shit. He's 49-0, Conor is 0-0. He has a punchers chance, that's it. You'll watch it because of the spectacle, not because it's a good matchup on paper
>>
>>76731347
>>76727454
thank you bill burr
>>76731520
thank you original commentâ„¢

i know more about ufc than you ever will, and id smash you irl too
>>
>>76726789
The fakest sporting event this generation. Connor can't win, Connor knows it, Floyd knows it, Connor will still make insane money, Floyd will fake a little, get that 50-0, and retire with yet more millions and no risk involved. They aren't even gonna have to fix the match, the only "fix" is the bullshit hype surrounding it.
>>
>>76733194
You literally said you're a casual fan you absolute retard
By casual you mean you watch McGregor and Rousey, and sometimes some others because you enjoy combat sport but not enough to actually follow it

Knowing about the UFC doesn't mean shit all either, MMA is the sport, UFC is an organisation. You're an utterly dense twat. But do go on and pretend like you know what you're talking about. Or how "Mayweather has trouble with southpaws, Conor is a southpaw!!! Xdddd"
>>
>>76733239
how cool would it be if floyd got knocked out and got brain damage though?

there hasn't been a single death or brain injury in the UFC yet, even with knees and kick to the head and gloves that hurt more, yet boxing literally lead to the discovery and naming of an entirely new brain injury at the time
>>
File: MMA.jpg (184KB, 1920x926px) Image search: [Google]
MMA.jpg
184KB, 1920x926px
>>76733326
>>
>>76733365
How old are you? Convinced it's not old enough to be browsing here
>>
>>76733374
older than you, bitch
>>
>>76733393
Evasive, kek.
>>
>>76733393
Are you older than me, too?
>>
>>76733503
no, you seem very sensible compared to this other little obese green bean
>>
>>76733335
>how cool would it be if floyd got knocked out
One faggotory will be replace by another even bigger faggotory, so not that cool.

>and got brain damage though?
Not cool. Why whould any sane person want this?

>gloves that hurt more
They don't do more brain damage, that's the point.
Brain injury occures not because of punch impact itself, but because of brain shaking inside the skull.
Boxing gloves mean to protect fighter's hands, not faces. They don't take any force away from punch so the concussion remains the same as from bare knuckles.
>>
Anyone who talks shit about Ireland and calls them potato loving leprechauns should go fuck them selfs !
>>
>>76733747
I'll fuck your potatoes and make you choose between starving and gobbling my cum.
>>
>>76726789
Watch Golovkin-Canelo not this shit.
>>
>>76733335
https://youtu.be/2o7A3rMN6Co
>>
what if this was a MMA match

would mcgregor destroy mayweather in the same way he's going to be destroyed?
>>
>>76739727
No, Mayweather would escape by running away.
>>
Mayweather getting punched in the nuts, for entertainment value:
https://youtu.be/RLgYcvC1QJA
>>
>>76731520
i personally just like how this stupidity went from "ronda could totally take floyd" to "ok, connor might, maybe, possibly have a slight chance"
>>
>>76726844
Either him or Robinson.
>>
>>76739727

In MMA Conor could just lay on his back and Floyd couldn't do shit. Watch Werdum vs. Overeem 1.

But since Overeem is actually skillful enough in MMA, Werdum knows there isn't an easy opening to initiate. Conor could literally lay on his back for 20+ minutes, and somewhere in there, there would be an opening for a takedown. Floyd will not have perfect form for takedown defense for 20 minutes. Overeem had just enough to keep Werdum committed to turtling.
>>
>>76741409
what a sport lol..
real men fight with fists and fists alone.
>>
>>76741409

nvm it was their 2nd fight, in Strikeforce.
>>
File: Dempsey.jpg (62KB, 500x568px) Image search: [Google]
Dempsey.jpg
62KB, 500x568px
Mayweather who?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.