[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are sports important?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: mark-zuckerberg1.jpg (101KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mark-zuckerberg1.jpg
101KB, 1500x1000px
Are sports important?
>>
File: fuck america.jpg (60KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
fuck america.jpg
60KB, 620x413px
>>76663976
yes
>>
Sports allow us to fuel our primal competitive nature in a harmless way.

The people who think sports are an opioid for the masses are the actual insufferable faggots who shouldn't be voting.
>>
>>76663976
No, it's fanaticism and sometimes brings out the worst in people. I'm not going to stand around here and act like being really into sports is healthy, but I'm not gonna take that type of shit from faggots hooked on facebook.

That's like being scolded for drinking a Pepsi by a guy who's eating fucking McDonalds
>>
File: shutterstock_125767211[1].jpg (654KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_125767211[1].jpg
654KB, 1000x664px
Sports are politically pacifying.
If you're average joe took as much interest in politics as they do sports the general public would become a danger to the status quo, especially in societies with a modicum of democracy. the fact that large scale, multi-national capitalistic corporations and the mainstream media so wholeheartedly support and propagate sports can only stand as proof of this.
>>
>>76664262
>>76664262
Why did the USSR invest so much into training for their national teams then?
>>
>>76664279
propoganda to politically pacify the masses.

the fact that the ussr invested more time and money in their sports programme, instead of ensuring that everybody had adequate food, highlights the pacifying nature of sports.

people were more likely to revolt if they didn't have successful sports teams than if they went hungry
>>
>>76664255
leave it to the amerishart to bring up Pepsi and McDonalds in any debate
>>
>>76663976
I think they're important for kids to get involved in for a number of reasons. My daughter will for sure be exposed to sports, and my future kids will be too. I dont think they should be forced into it, or forced to play sports they dont like, but learning the value of hard work, commitment to a greater good, and the social aspects from team sports are all really important life skills. There's a reason a very high percentage of people in management positions played sports growing up, they naturally show you how to have confidence in yourself and lead by example.

They're also good for the economy, except (generally) the olympics, but that's mostly due to insane levels of corruption
>>
>>76663976

short answer : yes, just don't be some fucking idiot who focuses too much on sports and not on what is happening around them.
>>
>>76664197
Especially since they are the sort of faggots that watch Game of Thrones, or play video games, or maybe they read books, or whatever the fuck else. Everyone's got their own poison.

And the only people who would make that argument of sports being the opium of the masses are those that are too physically inferior (or lazy) to excel in sports. Lel.
>>
>>76664255
Its healthy entertaining fanaticism. When people don't indulge their fanaticism through sports or some other competitive hobby, they usually
direct it towards politics and gravitate towards irrational extremism and become so completely disconnected from the world.

A political discussion between people in a place that isn't devoted to politics (Like friends at a bar) is generally civil, productive, and people will be patient to understand each other. A political discussion between people in a place that IS devoted to talking about politics is always cancerous garbage.

People paradoxically have a clearer understanding of society the less that they obsess over how it's run.
>>
>>76664973
All your points are valid, but I really have to disagree with the political discussions at bars. I find that no matter how close the friends or how public and neutral the spot, discussing politics ALWAYS results in a shit show; especially nowadays.
>>
>>76663976
More important than social media
>>
>>76665046
It's precisely because we're so easily connected to what happens in government and around the world now with the internet that talking about politics has become such a shit show. People no longer care about the real news, and care more about reading polarized trash that fits their world view on both sides.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.