[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Amerifats keep thinking that they suck at football because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 21

File: 1497277535501.png (67KB, 616x596px) Image search: [Google]
1497277535501.png
67KB, 616x596px
>Amerifats keep thinking that they suck at football because their "best athletes" don't play it
>>
>>76657099
>Ameri

stopped reading here tb h
>>
AmeriReals dominate all the other sports, ça doit pas être drôle d'être pris avec le soccer comme compensation.
>>
>>76657108
Football is everything.
Nothing else matters, mon ami
>>
>>76657133
Hockey, which is beaucoup mieux.
>>
>>76657099
Theres no money in soccer to incentivize our underclass and our whites(despite the shit you read here and see in sensationalist media) on average live a better quality of life financially than anywhere else so theres no incentive for them to dedicate their life to improbability like making it big in professional sports either.

All 32 NFL teams are among the richest 50 teams in the world, with a few MLB and NBA teams in that 50 as well, with a smaller competing pool of talent compared to soccer. Theres no incentive whatsoever to be a soccer player here.
>>
>>76657145
Finland is best at ice hockey
>>
> jealousy
>>
>>76657174
No we're not.
>>
>>76657163
>Theres no incentive whatsoever to be a soccer player here.
The first US men's team to win a World Cup will be treated as gods.
>>
>>76657174
Keep dreaming mate, canada is the place for hockey.
While I can't disagree those nordics makes good player, same for Russians.
>>
Hell the minimum salary in the mlels is $53k. I made more than that cleaning cars and treating lawns and essentially being a glorified mexican.
>>
>>76657196
yeah but theres a massive difference from squeaking into the round of 16 and winning the world cup that isn't anywhere to close to being there right now
>>
This frog has a point. The French NT is full of genetically superior blacks, why do we think our big strong blacks would do any better
>>
>>76657099
> all these euros have wc teams that finish well below the states
> its all they have
lol, i took the bait!!
>>
>>76657196
By smelly liberals who want so bad to be european they already kow-tow to the continent.

90% of people will not give a shit. Just coastal elites.
>>
File: muh_best_athletes.jpg (64KB, 354x523px) Image search: [Google]
muh_best_athletes.jpg
64KB, 354x523px
rate
(I barely know 3/4 of these names, just googled some "best X" of each league)
>>
>>76657277
It would be something the country circlejerked to for a couple weeks, and after a month no one would even care
>>
>>76657204
Carlos Tevez makes nearly $800 000 a week in the Chinese Super League
>>
That's correct.

Same reason for Australia too.
>>
>>76657099
people thinking our current best players in other sports wouldve been the best soccer players is usually pretty stupid, but the guys who wouldve been our best soccer players likely get distracted by other sports in which they ultimately don't achieve professional success. that's an extremely valid argument.

our poor youth system has also held us, back, though thtat's coming around too,
>>
>>76657277
>coastal elites

kek
>>
>>76657340

Also because football is gay dude
>>
The foreignfags itt are right. Look at many of the greatest divegrass players and their genetic limitations: manlets, twinks, british. None of that prevents them from dominating because divegrass has more to do with technique, creativity and general game IQ. Raw athleticism can't take you that far in fagball
>>
>>76657463
>iq to play a sport
I browse /sci/ too does that make me smart and creative
>>
>>76657463

It's purely a cultural thing. Literally no one other than wogs play or care about soccer in Australia. It's literally embarrassing to talk about soccer in polite society here.
>>
>>76657478
You've never played a sport if you don't believe that "in-game intelligence." You misquoted me and responded to an argument I didn't make desu
>>
>>76657510
If you don't believe "in-game intelligence" exists.*
>>
>>76657479
Based

Nothing is more cringe than seeing American soccer fans. Especially when they refer to soccer as football. They're so desperate to be europeans they just adopted traditions clubs in Europe do. Too lazy to come up with their own shit. Truly cucked.
>>
>>76657478
football IQ exists: how to understand 2D space, players placing, where and when to pass, how to create space, how to interpret teammates and opponents body language, etc.
a special kind of autist could be great at this game
>>
We're not as good entirely because none of our youth dedicate themselves to soccer like they do other sports. Sure you've got kids on the soccer team but they don't live eat and sleep soccer like baseball football and basketball Kids trying to go to college or go pro because the soccer kids know it's not a real career path in the US just yet. Hell they even know if they did try the USA doesn't have the proper training facilities to make a world class athlete in the sport let alone a whole team.
>>
>>76657529
That's literally called reading the playbook, I never once had to take a class to tell me how to guard my man
>>
File: 1441734067431.jpg (96KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
1441734067431.jpg
96KB, 792x558px
>their "best athletes" are obese niggers
>>
>>76657479
Its sort of an anglo thing. Nobody really cares about soccer in Australia, the US, Canada, New Zealand, and really Britain to a lesser extent. We invented it and sort of moved on.

Case in point Britain gets shit for not being good at soccer and thus deemed unathletic yet they won the most mens olympic golds in 2016.
>>
>>76657536
>playbook
is this a joke or a bait?
>>
>>76657578

I can concede that a great deal of skil is involved but the diving and general bullshit that goes along with the sport just ruins it for me
>>
>>76657530
The average soccer player in youth in America is a kid from a middle to upper middle class family without a worry in the world whose main purpose for playing is because the parents want to keep him occupied and socialize. That's not a very conducive atmosphere to developing world class talent
>>
>>76657099
>american women dominate this sport because it is the only thing they can get scholarships in due to to title ix
i wish title ix didnt exist so we didnt have to hear about this semen slurping sport
>>
>>76657601
Yeah, I couldnt agree more. Like you said, its a cultural thing. The diving in soccer that is allowed drives me up a fucking wall. Its more obvious and fake than WWE and people justify and defend it like its part of the game and I'll never know why.
>>
>>76657330
what does that have to do with wanting to be a pro soccer athlete in america?
>>
>>76657644
lol i remember writing a paper 10-11 years ago ripping the destructive nature of Title IX. Man that didn't go over well. It would probably be a national news story on a slow day now, or at least some Buzzfeed clickbait shit.
>>
>>76657295
julio jones needs to be keeper based on his sheer ability to catch anything. lebron could take trout's spot.

hell i think clayton kershow could probably just throw soccer balls in the opposing net from keeper, but better make it an elite outfielder just to be sure they can catch also
>>
>>76657645
Try to take cleats kicks in your ankles a few times and you'll understand why players prefer to avoid them
>>
>>76657674
no politician is going to try to repeal title ix, but it is literally ruining college sports and the path to pay college athletes. For every Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts, you would have to pay like 25 women to be title ix compliant. Title IX is literally the only reason women sports exist in college.
>>
>>76657718
I did as a kid with more fragile bones. I got the fuck back up after a few seconds because im not a pussy. If it really hurts you get off the fucking field. You don't make a big deal then get up and play like it never happened a few seconds later. Same thing for the NBA
>>
>>76657718
Then wear better shin guards, penalize it more harshly, only allow a couple steps in that direction before tackling, etc. I don't know shit about soccer but theres 3 ideas so Im certain someone could come up with a solution to flopping around like you got blasted with a shotgun in the face everytime someone touches you
>>
Official Things That Would Improve Soccer Power Rankings

1. Each team has a week to fortify their half of the field. They get shovels and basic construction equipment to build trenches/traps/etc.
2. Animals are released onto the field gladiator style
3. Hockey style substitutions
4. The ball explodes randomly
5. Proper cock stoppages
6. Add two more balls
7. Proper Stadia with retractable roofs
8. Include Diving Judges from the olympics. Best dive of the match is the first tiebreaker in case of a 0-0, 1-1 tie.
9. Forced drug injections. 10 Players must take HGH/steroids/Amphetamines before the games. 1 Player must take LSD
10. Players are hooked up to electroshock with the other team controlling the shocks. You get 5 High level shocks per match and 10 normal shocks
11. Land Mines
12. Goal Line technology
13. Sexy Cheerleaders

9001. play it how it is played now
90001. Advertisement breaks
>>
>if Phelps decided to be a sprinter he would have beaten Bolt at the 100m la
t. Amerifats
>>
File: images (57).jpg (9KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images (57).jpg
9KB, 183x275px
It's true Muhammed
>>
>>76657174
>implying
>>
>>76657677
pls post yours Bruce-sama
>>
>>76657786
>pls post yours Bruce-sama
i literally have no idea what this french shit means

do you want me to post my dick or something>?
>>
>>76657734
Not to mention every non profitable male sport has declined to almost died off to meet title 9 quotas.

I find it hilarious when they bitch about poor black football athletes not getting paid for the revenue they produce and wondering why. Well it has to pay all the scholarships for the womens field hockey team that loses a $500,000 a year on top of the $1million it gives away in scholarships.
>>
>>76657798
that and the decline in cable viewership means espn cant toss out those mega contracts in the future that places like the sec rely on. Georgia is literally sitting on a pool of cash right now just for emergency funds that could be used for a nike funded oregon style facility. its just fiscally responsible
>>
>>76657796
I meant your "actual best current All-Americans athletes who are GOATs in their own sports but would utterly dominate that pussy sissy-ball overnight if they just wanted" team
>>
File: average american athlete.jpg (49KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
average american athlete.jpg
49KB, 780x438px
>their "best athletes"
>>
File: amerifats will defend this.png (385KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
amerifats will defend this.png
385KB, 640x427px
>>76657923
>>
>>76657837
Nobody worth a shit actually thinks we could just plug in random people from our sports and "lol we win the world cup". Sure some are going to say that but those are the people you should always ignore.
>>
>>76657463
typical 80 iq negro who needs roids to do well in anything
>>
File: america in charge of running.jpg (37KB, 644x408px) Image search: [Google]
america in charge of running.jpg
37KB, 644x408px
>>76657942
>>
File: well toned all american.jpg (112KB, 600x591px) Image search: [Google]
well toned all american.jpg
112KB, 600x591px
>>76657956
>>
>>
>>76657923
yeah cc sabathia would be garbage on a soccer pitch, just like lionel messi would get lit up for 10 runs an inning on a pitchers mound because hes 5-7 and no matter how much work he put in even a mediocre university baseball player would destroy him
>>
>>76657991
so what you're saying is that american sports are for fat people?
>>
>>76657979
that guy ran a 4.7 second 40 yard dash
>>
File: IMG_0148.jpg (89KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0148.jpg
89KB, 600x333px
>>76657757
>2017
>Still using the le flopping is exclusive to divegrass meme
Most of the flops come from Central/South America and Southern Europe. Your distaste toward flopping is aligned with most other "anglo" countries desu. It's irrelevant anyway. People don't care about soccer here for a million reasons, least of all le diving. Baseball players are unathletic. Football players are dumb (t. was one). The only athletes that would help us are hockey and basketball players.
In b4 some Spaniard says "take every advantage you can get"
>>
>>76657991
great point but a MLB is competing against a few thousands other pro players
Messi is competing against hundred of thousands of pro players, and literally the whole world (everybody can play football, but not everybody want or play baseball)
>>
File: elite american athleticism.jpg (47KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
elite american athleticism.jpg
47KB, 480x600px
>>76658016
>4.7 second
that's a long run of play

i hope he had time for a good rest afterwards
>>
>>76658016
and rested 7 days after doing that.
football players run 15 km per games easily, and still can break 30 km/h sprints
>>
>>76657295
>Steph Curry at CM
Ahahahah, he would get absolutely destroyed.
>>
>>76658010
you know you're cherry picking shit, youre obviously not this dumb to be picking out fucking Babe Ruth pictures
>>76658022
Yeah I know diving is a meme reason, I was just emphasizing a point
>>
>>76658066
Yeah it's not like he dominated your national sport while looking like a fucking balloon
>>
>>76658030
>Messi is competing against hundred of thousands of pro players, and literally the whole world (everybody can play football, but not everybody want or play baseball)
And this is exactly walking into my point about why Americans suck at soccer. Why compete against a much bigger field to almost certainly get paid less when you have 3-5 more options that will almost certainly pay more? This is why you never see an elite American soccer player.
>>
File: 1459273035713.gif (3MB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
1459273035713.gif
3MB, 350x250px
FIGHT AND WIN
>>
>>76658091
lol it was almost 100 years ago. athletic standards werent exactly held to the same degree they are now.
>>
File: americans exercising.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
americans exercising.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>ameriswine
>>
The US is literally the best country to live in, this side is rubbish unless you're a bum on gibs because the gibs system in yurop is broken
>>
this arguement is bullshit simply because it doesn't take a particular athletic superiority superiority to play football
9/10 of football ability is mental, the other tenth is endurance
athletic freaks often amount to nothing in the sport
>>
File: bruce jenner.jpg (143KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bruce jenner.jpg
143KB, 720x1080px
>americaitlyns
>>
>>76657099
>France keeps thinking that if they beat Brown people enough, it'll make their country less of a shitstain
>it has still yet to work
>>
>>76658152
>Is a witch
>Can't even do magic
Your country is hell. That's why you spend all of your time here, Romania.
>>
butthurt jannie deleting posts >for free lmao 2bh famiglia
>>
>>76658148
nobody wins our sports off pure athletic talent either other than basketball. Our sports aren't as stupid as you think. You only derive that opinion because thats what media tells you and theres no barrier of entry for an american to post on here so you see a lot of dumbasses post here to confirm your already negative opinion.
>>
>>76657196
Doubt it
>>
>>76658152
>>76658216
Oh. My mistake, Belgium. I mistook you for a country that has less of a drinking problem.
>>
>>76658237
even slaves got food and housing for their efforts
>>
>>76658242
>basketball: sheer athleticism + size
>NFL: athleticism + size + weight
>baseball: luck (at bat), skill (on defense)
>hockey: luck (as proven by Michael Mauboussin in his book "The Success Equation")
none of your major sports require a perfect balanced blend of skill + athleticism + mental like football
>>
>>76658242
that's not what i was implying, what i'm saying is that the "we would win if our best athletes played soccer" arguement is bullshit because it doesn't take a great athlete to make a good footballer
>>
>>76658271
Basketball: athleticism

Kek, good goy. Those 7'2" mandingos are physical phenoms. Look at Kevin Durant and Roy Hibbert!
>>
We would absolutely dominate the sport.

Just as we dominate everything else.
>>
>>76658284
>+ size
>>
File: goodnight bitch.jpg (39KB, 323x267px) Image search: [Google]
goodnight bitch.jpg
39KB, 323x267px
>>76657761
>no multiball
>>
>>76658271
>Football: Pace + Leg Strength + Quickness
Anyone can simplify a sport into its core attributes and call it easy. Going to the moon is easy. You just have to put some fuel in a rocket.
>>
>>76658271
you've made all the positions a single position in each sport. why bother posting
>>
>>76658321
>Football: Pace + Leg Strength + Quickness
ok so by your simplification I take 11 olympic runners and I'm good, we don't care if they didn't develop the unnatural skill of controlling a ball with their feet
>>
>>76658341
By your logic Andre the Giant would have been an all star in the NFL, so, following your rules, yes.
>>
>>76657659
There's monetary incentive if you want to play abroad. It's not like Norwegian players get filthy rich in the Norwegian league either. But if they make it, they can make 10 times as much, even in the Championship in England
>>
>>76658309
99% size
>>
>>76658364
joke on you, Broke Lesnar would of made it in the NFL unless he had his motorbike crash
and wrasslin isn't even a real sport
>>
>>76658271
>basketball
youre mostly right and ill just give that to you for now
>football
with a couple exceptions in the last 25 years brains have always triumphed over size and weight. Quarterback is by far the most important position and it's no accident that only one mulatto has won one as a qb in the last 20 yrs and only one actual black has won one ever despite the sport being 70% black, basically the same with the coaching staff
>baseball
you have to be incredibly smart to be a pitcher, pitching wins and pitching is dominated by smart people
>hockey
probably the most all around sport in terms of strength, endurance, toughness and intelligence
>>
>>76658385
Yeah, but size and weight and athleticism are the only things you need. There is no skill involved, according to you. All of the decisions and choices that players and coaches make predicting and deceiving the opposing team, while allowing them the time to do the same to you. It is all just dumb, fat Americans, being dumb, fat, and athletic.
>>
File: 1497112918308.jpg (74KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1497112918308.jpg
74KB, 900x900px
>USA isn't good at football
>look at flag
>it's a fucking soccer thread
>>
File: pulisicdemps.png (252KB, 375x371px) Image search: [Google]
pulisicdemps.png
252KB, 375x371px
>>76657099
Only casuals think this.

The US national team's strengths are "athletic" in nature: pace, endurance, strength, shot-stopping keepers, etc. >We have great athletes on the team, what we generally don't have is guys with a decent first touch.

That's why Pulisic is basically given free reign creatively in the midfield at just 18. He's about the only guy on the team with real technical ability.
>>
>ITT: A Muslim from Paris tries to imply that a learned skill can't be learned by athletic individuals
If the culture fixated on the sport the way it does for basketball, (A)football, and hockey, then we would have a similar skill level taught to our younger generations, who are also genetic freaks, but we don't.
>>
>>76658248
i do have a problem thank you for your support
>>
>>76658499
hand-foot coordination can't be learned easily after 13 years old, because after this age the brain lacks the needed plasticity.
enjoy your square-footed giant athletic players
>>
>>76657761
>2. Animals are released onto the field gladiator style
I support this
>>
>>76657604
Very true. Pulisic is literally only good because his family lives and breathes soccer and and Brazilians his dad coached introduced him to futsal.
>>
>>76657761
900001. If a team loses by 5 or more goals, you player is selected by the team captain to taake a ceremonial dick in the ass. Other team decides if lube is used.
>>
>>76657523
>waahhhh people like what I don't lie so I am going to call them names that I just discovered on 4chan

Pathetic
>>
>amerifats
>france has larger BMI than new england

lol cucked
>>
>Tom Brady, Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky wouldn't have fucking dominated football if they were born in some 3rd world shithole instead of america

ya ok eurotrash
>>
>>76657133
yeah whens the last time france won a super bowl though?
>>
>>76665163
>all being lanklet
enjoy your Peter Crouch lookalikes team. Would be funny to watch though
>>
File: 1490779928103.jpg (72KB, 456x402px) Image search: [Google]
1490779928103.jpg
72KB, 456x402px
>"french" soccer teams
>implying any of the players are even french
>implying they aren't a bunch of 2nd generation africans/somalis
>>
>>76658132
at least they are trying to better themselves desu
>>
>>76658385

He was a national champion in college for wrestling you dumb kike.
>>
>>76657099
Don't worry France, when the Abu Allbakars blow your country up again we will be there to assist.
>>
> europoors thinking we care
>>
>>76657104
HE DID IT AGAIN AND NO ONE NOTICED
>>
>>76662913
i think that wquold make blowouts more exciting and competitive to be honest
>>
>>76657277
People would go nuts for the US in the world cup.
>>
>>76657295

Literally unstoppable

The only thing that would stop them is partying too hard with the Swedish boypussy team
>>
>>76657099
Based Gaul
May France enjoy peace and prosperity
>>
the thing also is america plays the "world cups" of their sports in america. like basketball which wasnt played everywhere like now, baseball more marginal, nfl literally only they play it. still they call em world series etc. the problem is that even with huge salaries and more appreciated league they still wouldnt be the best. if soccer and football traded places in murrica theyd prolly play the world cup inside their mls.
>>
>>76670529
Well, not bad points, but here is the real explanation:
- World series was named by "the World" newspaper and was a handy name for the championship of the then separate American and National leagues
- USA were Best Korea-tier isolationists until 1941, they didn't give a fuck of other countries (besides maybe South America), that's why they considered themselves as "the World"
- NFL and NBA, which were way younger leagues than MLB, wanted to dip into baseball World series legitimacy to brand their champions
>>
>>76657104
Very good post
>>
great discussion thread

will really bring up good new exciting points

should last many moons
>>
>>76666098
thanks you greatest allies
>>
>>76657099
based france making amershits mad

>w-we don't even try, la
>>
Soccer would be good if there weren't whiny shitskins rolling on the ground pretending to be hurt every thirty seconds. If you showed some ayyy lmaos a soccer match they'd think the objective is to run into the box and throw yourself down in the most dramatic way possible.
>>
>>76673473
>If you showed some ayyy lmaos a soccer match they'd think the objective is to run into the box and throw yourself down in the most dramatic way possible.
lel, no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpHXQBL03Mg
>>
>>76657340
>implying 90% of union, league or cricket players would have the fitness for soccer
AFL players yes and maybe a tall cricketer for goalie
>>
>>76657277
But 99% of club supporters and football fans are right wing...
>>
File: 1497134537949.jpg (105KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1497134537949.jpg
105KB, 1024x768px
>implying any other "sport" is even comparable to football, the beautiful game, the WORLDS GAME
/sp/ should be called football tbqh
>>
>>76657330
>mls
>china league
Are you retarded
>>
File: True Genius.jpg (79KB, 594x450px) Image search: [Google]
True Genius.jpg
79KB, 594x450px
>Muh IQ, soccer is so mental, Americans aren't smart enough

>MFW someone tries to use this argument when Brazillian chimpanzees have won more mens World Cups than anyone else
>MFW developed, high IQ Asian countries are terrible at soccer
>MFW many of the counties ranked in the top 30 or so are basically shit tier countries
>MFW literal retards like David Beckham have become soccer legends
>MFW the US is dominant at soccer if you count the Women's side
>MFW some nig (Pele) is the Michael Jordan of soccer
>MFW the two current GOATs (Messi, Ronaldo) are retarded enough to get caught up in tax evasion bullshit
>MFW this >>76665292
Lol get fucked yurop. Anyone who thinks playing any major team sport requires some incredible intelligence should consider suicide.
>>
>>76657133
agreed. why are you talking about soccer
>>
>>76676982
Brazil never won a world cup without cheating
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.