[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Women's Chess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

File: DSC_9747.jpg (163KB, 960x640px)
DSC_9747.jpg
163KB, 960x640px
Why?
>>
Chess is not a sport.
>>
There are studies that show that female chess players beat male chess players when they don't know they are playing against a man

So basically it boils down to prejudice, stereotypes and inherent advantages of the male-dominated system
>>
>>76643541
>There are studies

Which?
>>
>>76643541
i literally can't even remember the rules
my IQ must be around 80
>>
>>76643541
>There are studies that show that female chess players beat male chess players when they don't know they are playing against a man
the fuck does this mean? the top women's chess players in the world have a lower ELO than the men. they're not losing because of some weird gender differential you spaz
>>
>>76643480
Men have an unfair advantage. Chess pieces are extremely heavy. A full game requires a lot of strength and endurance.
>>
>>76643561
you gay? I want a dumb sex slave
>>
>>76643480
her hair is dyed blonde and i don't care for that nose
>>
>>76643580
My heart isn't healthy enough for sex (nothing to do with being fat)
I'm in Florida though if you want to play chess.
>>
>>76643564
they can have lower participation and even a small disturbance at the early level of development can mean a lot
>>76643559
>>76643564
i've heard of the study too
women lost 2x more games when they knew it was a man(of same skill level) they were playing against and won when they thought it was a woman (of same skill level)
>>
>>76643934
Again, I'd like to see an actual source
>>
>>76643541
>>76643934
Examples or sources? Sounds interesting.
>>
>>76643946
>>76643945
>SOURCE?????

http://mdmcalister.pbworks.com/f/Checkmate%20-%20The%20role%20of%20gender%20stereotypes%20in%20the%20ultimate%20intellectual%20sport.pdf

Read the Result section, Performance
>>
do you guys think they masturbate with their chess pieces?
>>
not gonna click that link 2bh

>>76644034
hope so
>>
File: images (46).jpg (18KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (46).jpg
18KB, 384x384px
>>76644007
>>
>>76644007
I can't say I'm surprised desu. I recall some controversy where some really good female chess player withdrew from a tournament because it was really apparent that she was systemically put up against female opponents, despite being at the same ELO as many men in the tournament.
>>
>>76644007
Interesting, but I have a few points

Surely being able to play one-on-one is just as much a part of the skill of chess as is knowing what pieces to move when. It's like saying, women of equal skill level are only really as good as men when you remove the pressure and intimidation of having to play someone while sitting opposite to them.

They also didn't take into account other possible explanations for why women performed worse against men when they were told of their opponents' gender. E.g. I presume after being told they were part of a study about whether men or women are better at chess, the women probably felt they had a point to prove and started playing too aggressively and made mistakes, something like that.

I think the most obvious explanation is that men outnumber women by a large amount in the tail ends of the IQ curve, hence why there are many more male geniuses and Nobel prize winners and musical virtuosos, etc.
>>
>>76644047
>>76644059
It's a .pdf link for crying out loud.
>>
>>76643504
fpbp
>>
post feet of chess players
>>
File: 1478173509106.jpg (9KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
1478173509106.jpg
9KB, 206x245px
>>76644094
fr pham i aint click dat bruh!!!!
>>
>>76644084
WOAH, nice points - you really think they were told what the conclusion of the study is
they just played some chess on-line
>I think the most obvious explanation is that men outnumber women by a large amount in the tail ends of the IQ curve, hence why there are many more male geniuses and Nobel prize winners and musical virtuosos, etc.
What is the female average IQ and the male average IQ, what source do you have to back that up?
>>
>>76644166
ur mum lmao
>>
>>76644166
>other poster talking about the tail ends of the IQ curve
>thinking the average IQ will somehow show that
Not very bright, or just don't know how IQ works?
>>
>>76644166
https://qz.com/441905/men-are-both-dumber-and-smarter-than-women/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_intelligence

Wai, Jonathan; Cacchio, Megan; Putallaz, Martha; Makel, Matthew C. (2010). "Sex differences in the right tail of cognitive abilities: A 30year examination". Intelligence. 38 (4): 412–423.

Lehrke, R. (1997). Sex linkage of intelligence: The X-Factor. NY: Praeger.

Lubinski, D.; Benbow, C. P. (2006). "Study of Mathematically Precocious Youth After 35 Years: Uncovering Antecedents for the Development of Math-Science Expertise". Perspectives on Psychological Science. 1 (4): 316–45.
>>
>>76644179
no
my mom is very smart

https://mensa.dk/om-mensa/hvem-er-medlem-af-mensa

at least 30% of people above 132 IQ are women
>Mensa Danmark har ca. 1800 medlemmer, fordelt på omtrent 30% kvinder og 70% mænd
yet 1% of grandmasters are women - and keep in mind IQ and chess don't correlate completely

truth is often in the middle - i don't think it can ever be 50% 50% in chess but 1% 99% is far from final
>>76644208
>>76644210
what is the female standard deviation and the male standard deviation on an IQ test
that's what i need to know
and i need it to be on IQ and not a proxy, since in this case using a proxy is no good since chess is already a proxy, supposedly
>>
>>76644231
Read the 5 (FIVE) links I just provided

Everything you need to know is covered in them
>>
>>76644241
im not going to read 5 links
what is the female mean and SD and what is the male mean and SD
>>
>>76644231
>>76644251
>spoonfeed me information!
>ok, read the shit that was provided for you
>i'm not going to read that! spoonfeed me!
God I hate people like you
>>
>>76644251
LMAOing @ your life phaggot

Just read it you lazy cunt
>>
>>76644231
>at least 30% of people above 132 IQ are women

so the other 70% are men? this is bait, thx for falling for mine though
>>
>>76643480
Why not?

Women's bodies are different so why can't their brains be?
>>
>>76644270
are 30% of grandmasters women
are 30% of nobels women
are 30% of 'musical virtuosos' women

this is even assuming men and women are at all interested in taking IQ tests and applying to mensa at the same rate (they aren't)
because by 'outnumber women by a large amount' surely you didn't mean 70 to 30
>>
>>76644277
that's fucking retarded, why would their brains need to be different?
>>
>>76644277
thats sexism enjoy your EU equality council citation and reeduction camp
>>
>>76643541
>Bunch of virgins having to be 3 feet away of a woman

Of course they'll choke
>>
>>76644287
for starters, i've baited you twice now. That other Australian you were talking to isn't me, I jumped in for fun.

Secondly. if you have to have mensa (the people who you need to pay to take the test then pay to be in the club group) to tell you who is smart and who isn't then you're actually a dumbass. IQ does not mean much.
>>
>>76644295
so they can get impregnated
>>
>>76644231
its a well known fact that men occupy the top and bottom ends of intelligence, whereas the averages are very similar. also, a lot of women are pushed a lot less academically (not so much now, but certainly 20+ years ago), my mum has a tested IQ of 149 and she works as a secretary, my dad has a degree and works at the top end of a manufacturing business and has an IQ in the low 130s
>>
>>76644327
>IQ does not mean much

It's literally the best predictor of pretty much every life outcome you can think of: general intelligence, career success, physical health and well-being, success in relationships, earning potential, criminality, poverty risk, etc etc etc

If there was one metric for predicting how successful your life is going to be, IQ is it
>>
>>76644295
they are different
men have higher spatial capabilities and women are better on verbal
>>76644327
Aight, that's valid.
In your position you either have to deny IQ and its validity or deny social factors and the effect they may have. You chose to deny IQ.
>>76644351
>its a well known fact that men occupy the top and bottom ends of intelligence
And apparently it's not well known what standard deviations men and women have for that to be the case.
>>
>>76644360
i have 133 iq scored on official tests done in germany
i am a lazy piece of shit that faps to shemales and has achieved nothing in life
>>
>>76644360
and how many people have 150IQs and turn out to be weird weeb loners.

Imagine this, you pay money for a card to show to people to say that you're smart.
>>
>>76644377
Just because you don't know, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't

>>76644386
>What is an exception for $400 please Alex
>>
>>76644360
stupid faggots Richard Feynman had low iq while some faggot from mensa flipping burgers all his life
>>
>>76644396
>Just because you don't know, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't
You serious
If you know what the male and female SD on an IQ test is, why don't you just tell me?
>>
>>76644406
I provided you with 5 links

I'm encouraging you to figure this out yourself

I'm not here to spoonfeed you
>>
>>76643541
Why lying on the internet? The studies just showed that women who played anon against male players of a similar ELO rank performed on the average much better than women playeing f2f.

It didn't say that women are better players in general when playing anon.

also
>>76644107
This!
>>
>>76643541
Lmao stop liying.
Even in Georgia, where more women play chess than men, top players shit on women tops.
Deal with it negro.
>>
>>76644084
>I think the most obvious explanation is that men outnumber women by a large amount in the tail ends of the IQ curve, hence why there are many more male geniuses and Nobel prize winners and musical virtuosos, etc.
That, to be honest. Average men and women are pretty much the same. But most intelligent men are smarter that the most intelligent women.
>>
Did you know there is a chess waifu with the first name "Nazi"?
>>
>>76645211
Yes that's her in the OP
>>
>>76643480
because smart girls are sexy
>>
>>76643541
>>76644007
>>76644084

In website such as chess.com or lichess.org, where most players use usernames instead of real names, men are still the highest ranked players.
>>
Our best player was unironically a woman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisabeta_Polihroniade
>>
>>76643480
i'm happy to answer any questions people might have about chess or how men compare to women in the game. i would respond to particular posts but it's a lot of people just making shit up

>>76651019
>implying that a WGM with a peak rating of 2310 was stronger than Gheorghiu, Marin, Ghiţescu, Nisipeanu and Suba

jfc mate. i don't know where you got that crazy idea from
>>
>>76644360

Parents income is probably better, but IQ is definitely close.
>>
>>76644395
This. The IQ test gave me a 118 score and I'm still the most pathetic human being I've ever met.
>>
File: womenVsMenIQDistribution.gif (17KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
womenVsMenIQDistribution.gif
17KB, 500x253px
>>76643480
Because they are not as smart as men.
>>
>>
>>76644395
>and how many people have 150IQs and turn out to be weird weeb loners.
the exception doesn't disprove the rule, stupid. and a hypothetical doesn't disprove a massive amount of evidence

>Imagine this, you pay money for a card to show to people to say that you're smart.
no idea what that means. just sounds retarded

>>76653665
>This. The IQ test gave me a 118 score and I'm still the most pathetic human being I've ever met.

humblebragging about a 118 IQ, that truly is pathetic. "i have an IQ which isn't even that high, but it's above average and i'm not super successful. IQ must be meaningless then!" it's a high enough IQ that you should understand how little sense your logic makes
>>
My only experience with a girl that actually knew how to play chess.
>15
>10+ years ago
>would play chess with this Israeli girl I met in anime stream chat room
>she used to play with her grandpa who was apparently really good
>she would whoop my ass every fucking time
She was surprised I didn't get annoyed when I was losing to her all the time because she would beat all the boys in her class and they refused to play her. Jewish boys are bitches that can't take an L.
>>
i don't know what is more pathetic, people who care about IQ, or people who categorize themselves as EBJT, INFP, or whatever
>>
>>76654245
you, for making this post
>>
>>76654245
agreed, those categories are pretty gay tbqh

it's like women and faggots discussing their astrological signs
>>
>>76654245
me for watching anime probably
>>
>>76643480

I want to throat fuck this lass and cum down her chin
>>
>>76643480
Tournament chess is more challenging for women, because they can't talk during the game.
>>
>>76643541
>no woman has ever been the best player in the world
>only judit polgar reached the top ten

quoting the GOAT Fischer
>They're all weak, all women. They're stupid compared to men. They shouldn't play chess, you know. They're like beginners. They lose every single game against a man. There isn't a woman player in the world I can't give knight-odds to and still beat.
>>
>>76643541
also, imagine playing against the weird sacrifices of Tal, or the annoying movements of Nimzowisch; chess isn't only being smarter than your opponent, it's about handling the pressure, ask Ivanchuk; if you can't handle the pressure you are a weak player, regardless of your genre.
>>
>>76643592
Did you ask your doctor if it's right for you?
>>
>>76643480
googled girl that always beat me in chess club back in highschool, turns out she got a scholarship in the US and has an FIDE rating of 2080
>>
>>76643592
>>76654595
Audibly kek'd the first time I saw this advert. Are they taking the piss? Your heart isn't healthy enough to take medication that sends all your blood supply to your dick for 4 hours, fat cunt
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.