[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/indy/- Indycar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 500
Thread images: 112

File: IMG_0138.jpg (288KB, 1014x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0138.jpg
288KB, 1014x1800px
Aero Edition, in remembrance of the manufacturer's aero kits and the millions spent in R&D on them.

indycar.com/schedule
indycar.com/news

Standings:
1. Scott Dixon - 326
2. Simon Pagenaud - 313
3. Takuma Sato - 312
4. Helio Castroneves - 305
5. Will Power - 286
6. Graham Rahal - 283
7. Josef Newgarden - 277
8. Tony Kanaan - 264
9. Alexander Rossi - 254
10. James Hinchcliffe - 232

Next race is the Koehler Grand Prix at Road America this weekend on NBCSN at 12:30pm ET.

Practice 1(Streamed): Friday at 11:45am ET
Practice 2(Streamed): Friday at 4:15pm ET
Practice 3(Streamed): Saturday at 12:00pm ET

Qualifying starts Saturday at 3:00pm ET on NBCSN.

Morning Warmup(Streamed): Sunday at 9pm ET.
>>
Lyle Larson won another race, may give Cheap Ganassi the motivation to put an Indy 500 ride together for him.
He has said repeatedly that he'd like an opportunity.
>>
File: IMG_0059.png (360KB, 630x817px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0059.png
360KB, 630x817px
Couple tests took place this week.
Chip Ganassi and Penske tested at Watkins Glen.
Probably eager to repeat their success there from last year's race while most other teams(who were testing at all) tested at Road America.
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/141471-indycar-lights-test-at-the-glen-road-america

Esteban Gutierrez tested for Coyne at Road America, not certain why they had that secrecy unless it's not an absolutely done deal that he's in the car.
>>
File: 45645857645745.jpg (83KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
45645857645745.jpg
83KB, 1080x1080px
>we are back
good shit.
>>
File: 1423178993364.jpg (325KB, 951x809px) Image search: [Google]
1423178993364.jpg
325KB, 951x809px
I heard AJ Foyt was at Le Mans this weekend.
so why doesn't Alonso do Road America? it's not like McHonda are going to be winning anytime soon.
>>
>>76636327
$$$$
>>
>>76636327
He was indeed there for the first time(I think) since his win in 1967 with the Ford GT program.
>>
>>76635889
IndyCar is sort of garbage. The cars are just so rudimentary. It's like they just stuck together some random bits they had lying around the garage.

F1 cars, on the other hand, are the most advanced racing cars in the entire world. Quite literally the pinnacle of automotive technology. F1 creates technologies and sets standards that are then employed across the automotive industry. It is the series that literally leads the rest of the entire automotive industry behind it.

Carbon fibre monocoque chassis - yup that came from F1. F1 was also the first motorsport to use sequential gearboxes, which then found their way into road cars. KERS/hybrid engines for high performance road cars. Yup that's come from F1 too.

That's why I think IndyCar is a bit wank. Because it's just too rudimentary. The cars are just really cheap, crappy versions of F1 cars. Also I guess it has the problem that many American sports have - it's Americanised. It's full of bloody adverts (yes there are billboards and sponsor logos in F1, but they show the entire race without commercial brakes. That doesn't happen in IndyCar). And it doesn't have races outside of America. It's quite obviously just an American product for American audiences. But this probably wouldn't be so much of a problem if the cars were better than they are.

Even F2 (formerly GP2) is better than IndyCar, I think.

Basically you guys should watch F1 instead - or just build some better cars.
>>
>>76638255
>commercial brakes
I meant commercial breaks, of course
>>
File: 1310085039830.jpg (9KB, 211x211px) Image search: [Google]
1310085039830.jpg
9KB, 211x211px
>>76638255
>>
>>76638255
yikes bud, slow down or someone might think you have a bit of an inferiority complex
>>
>>76639162
Why the fuck would I have an inferiority complex when IndyCar is - like I explained - an inferior product to F1?
>>
>>76639652

>F1 is superior

That's like your opinion man...
>>
>>76638255
Indycar led the way in safety and practical innovations.
The rear view mirror as a concept began in Indycar in 1911.
Tire development closer to what we use today also began at Indy in the 1913-1919 whereby tires that used to use rubber and weaved fabric, began using braided wire for stronger sidewall tires.
Halibrand, at Indy in 1946, was the first to use magnesium alloy wheels.
In 1923, a Model T Ford was entered and took 5th. The advantage it had was using as many lightweight aluminum parts which made the car punch above its weight.
In 1923, the first supercharged racing cars were sent to Indianapolis to race by Mercedes.
In 1952, a turbo charged Diesel Cummings engine was entered into the Indy 500. The first of its kind.

In the 1920's, Intercoolers were engineered to cool the air compressed by a superchargers. They made their debut at Indianapolis for the purpose of racing there.
Front wheel drive was engineered for Indycar racing in the early 1920's where it saw a fair bit of success for the time.

Methanol and alternative fuels were experimented with first at Indianapolis in the late 1920's.

The concept of Seat belts were first used in Indycar in 1922 after a string of fatalities.

Four wheel disc brakes were a technology that made their debut at Indianapolis in the late 1930's.

Four Wheel Drive made its debut at Indianapolis in 1934.

Indycar benefits from being decades older than proper Grand Prix racing and it stands to reason then that most of the bedrock innovations would make an appearance in Indycar first.

I would argue that Indycar has made more strides in safety than F1 has even if F1 took over the performance developement side of innovation after the late 60's.
>>
>>76639726
Not really. Objectively, the cars are far more advanced. They're just in a completely different league. The cost of building them is, of course, much much higher because of this.

>>76639742
>safety
Literally the most boring aspect of racing. Well done.
>>
>this level of jealous obsession
>>
File: IMG_0063.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0063.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
>>76639766
Thanks m8.
I find it fascinating because there's no reason Bourdais should have survived this 231mph crash into a wall, but he did.
Scott Dixon should not have been able to survive his accident at Indianapolis this year, but he did.
It's a crash that would not have been survivable in a modern F1 car because of different design philosophies. Indycars have to be able to mitigate a lot more energy than an F1 car does because the chance of a Grand Prix car hitting a wall at 220mph is very slim, while it's a real possibility in Indycar.
>>
>>76639766

>The cars are far more advanced

Maybe britbong, but the fact that Indy is a spec series makes the racing a million times more exciting than even this years F1. I prefer F1 because it was easier to get as a kid but Indy car is just a better watch even without all the hybrid electric stuff. Until the new owners fix the wealth distribution system in F1, we're doomed to watching races that are decided on pit stop and tire strategy.
>>
File: IMG_0140.jpg (68KB, 1136x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0140.jpg
68KB, 1136x409px
/NASCAR/ guys, how is Bristol Motor Speedway?
Is it any good?
Good race?

Graham Rahal wants to test an Indycar there with a low DF/high HP set up.
How do you think that would go?
>>
>>76639852
The F1 cars are certainly more advanced as tech is concerned.
About the only thing notable about the engines in the current Indy formula is that they're the high revving engines with mechanical valves. F1 engines use pnuematic valves.

Different strokes, but I would encourage the Brit guy to watch this weekends race at Road America.
>>
File: Emperor's New Clothes.jpg (585KB, 1600x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor's New Clothes.jpg
585KB, 1600x1236px
>>76638255
>F1 cars, on the other hand, are the most advanced racing cars in the entire world
Yes, gaze upon "We are the pinnacle of motorsport!" in all its self-important finery.
>>
File: indydixon.webm (3MB, 708x398px) Image search: [Google]
indydixon.webm
3MB, 708x398px
open-wheel oval racing is the most dangerous thing you can do.
>>
>>76636208
anyone would be better choice than Gutierrez.
he wasted the detroit double round "trying to adapt" to indycars. Coyne needs a quick experienced guy like Vautier. Or focus more on Ed Jones.
>>
>>76640066
Gutierrez very well be bringing money in the form of another sponsor.
That's something that Dale could use after Texa$.
>>
it would be like putting all the drivers into a blender and turning it on.

No way they make it around a half mile track with 28 degree banking without someone dying
>>
>>76639913
sounds like the dumbest thing ever, perfect for Indycar
>>
>>76639913
>>76640101
>>
>>76640101
Oh kek.
A test there would still be amusing to watch for the simple purpose of setting the unofficial track record by a few seconds.
>>
the 2018 aero kits look sexy. I like no more rear bumper pods. even though I thought those were added for safety.
>>
>>76640199
we found out right away with the dw12 that those pods don't actually work

https://youtu.be/hVW6Fy04UB0?t=2m
>>
>>76640199
Didn't really do the job very well.
Supposed to stop cars from launching, when they were observably not doing their job very well so the manufacturers turned them into to an even more effective aero device.
Won't really miss them.
>>
>>76638255

K.
>>
>>76638255
F1 gave us power units.
argument invalid.
power units will be looked back on as one of the greatest mistakes in automotive engineering history.

I do wish Indycar had more international races like how CART went to places like Brands Hatch and Surfer's Paradise. There's ovals outside of America too that Indy can use like the British Rockingham and Motegi.
>>
>>76640477
Doubtful Rockingham is in any condition, a Brit anon shed some light on its situation a while back, and Motegi was damaged in the earthquakes.

Power units are an interesting idea, but LMP1 cars were already doing that and doing it better for that matter.
>>
guys, stop replying to /f1/ shitposts. don't give them (You)s.
hide, ignore, do not respond.
>>
>>76640531
We can entertain the notion that maybe they just don't know what they're talking about for the first couple posts.
They usually grow bored before then anyway.
Sometimes they ask questions that I wouldn't normally be prompted to answer by normal posters, like what innovations have come out of Indycar for example, most fans don't ask, they already enjoy the series and probably know the trivia.
>>
F1 is expensive and losing constructors. You've got merc and Ferrari.

WEC and Indy are far far better series.

F1 is not what it was.
>>
File: ataraxia.png (688KB, 884x492px) Image search: [Google]
ataraxia.png
688KB, 884x492px
>>76638255
>>
>>76640721
WEC LMP1 is just as expensive to run as an F1 program.
In fact if I'm recalling the Peugeot/Audi years correctly, they outspent the most expensive F1 programs.
>>
File: indybourdais_replay.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
indybourdais_replay.webm
3MB, 960x540px
texas was another memerace.
thank goodness the next race is on a roadcourse.
>>
Good or bad result for /our guy/ Alotion?
>>
>>76640801
>thank goodness the next race is on a zzzz
Don't get me wrong, i love road america but Texas was fantastic.
>>
>>76640602
Yo this guy is clearly copypasta though. It's on par with the cricket>baseball copypasta with how obvious it is.
>>
>>76640823
Not very good, but SMP was one of the few teams not using the Oreca7 Chassis. That Dallara must be a real piece of shit.
I also did not really watch the race, SMP could have had shit luck or the team is just not very good.
>>
Alonso didn't win Indy because he didn't do the Indy 500 for the right reasons. His logic was that he was only doing it because Mclaren were so bad in F1 so he rather try the Indy 500. It's more of his passive aggressive emo bullshit to piss off McLaren/Honda. He did it because of his situation in F1 not because he genuinely wanted to win the Indy 500. Mclaren are still bad so why doesn't he do the whole Indycar season then? Maybe Honda can send him to try MotoGP next.
>>
>>76640602
anyone who just comes in here, insults IC, and doesn't even have a question about it or want to learn about it can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. I'm not even giving them the satisfaction of a reply, and you guys shouldn't either.
>>
>>76640801
this
plus Road America is the best road course on the schedule.
>>
>>76640823
I like Mikhail Aleshin but his team didn't do well at Le Mans. they finished behind a lot of lower class cars.

but then again, Chip Ganassi, Scott Dixon and Tony Kanaan didn't do very well either in Chip's Ford GT's, at least compared to winning the class last year. I think the ACO fucked them pretty hard with the Balance of Performance because the Fords were so dominant last year, due to those cars being basically homologation specials.

but endurance racing is a different beast than what those guys do in IndyCar, 3 drivers in each car, and a long, long time to race. there's a lot more time for things to go wrong.
>>
can you boys do the texas race time so it's on at a decent time here on a saturday morning.

3am monday morning is shit
>>
>>76641753
sunday morning I mean for comfy race time
>>
Add this to the next OP to help international viewers, thx.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?p1=158&iso=20170625T1215&msg=IndyCar%20-%20Road%20America%20-%20Race&sort=1
>>
>>76641753
IndyCar always uploads the full races to YouTube a week or so after if you don't wanna stay up super late
>>
>>76641885
live or nothing m8.

only time I watch later is /turnleft/ to get through those brutal ads if Ican't watch.

If I don't watch live I'll usually just watch the highlights
>>
>>76641922
they cut the ads out of the uploads
>>
>>76641753
Sorry no can do lad, we have too few night races as it is
>>
>>76640762
Yeah but because it's closed wheel and 24hours the companies can test technology that is much more relevant to consumer cars. Which is why Porsche and Toyota even bothered. They want to see if they can make a electric motor worth anything compared to Tesla. F1 and Indy both suffer right now because open wheel is expensive and the tech is useless in consumer cars.
>>
>>76640823
He did well as an individual driver. He had strong times but the team as a whole was meh.

Tony Killnan had the best le mans he brought his car up to the top 3 during his stints from way in the back.

Dixon did ok nothing bad nothing good
>>
>>76646305
Dixon was also adjusting his driving style due to the left foot being injured. He was right foot braking.
Tony is a good driver, Texas was just a bad race for him.
>>
>>76646191
I agree to an extent.
Right now Indycar has a purpose built race engine formula. The technology may have transferred a little bit, but if they opened up the engine regulations a bit, gave a maximum HP target, max engine displacement, allow I4, V4, I6, V6 engines, and put a cap on allowable costs, it's entirely possible some manufacturers would find that interesting enough to jump in.
You would definitely see some ingenuity while avoiding the late 90's- early 2000's CART situation where there are almost no caps on HP and spending.
>>
File: IMG_0094.jpg (58KB, 749x392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0094.jpg
58KB, 749x392px
I do have to question if it's safe to have that light mount where the rear pods used to be.
Seems like a problem waiting to happen, not that the Indycar Chassis isn't a million times stronger than a F4 Chassis, but I think that rear frame is the type of thing that pierced Billy Monger's chassis in the accident he lost his legs to.
>>
File: IMG_0141.jpg (107KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0141.jpg
107KB, 1200x1200px
Alright you guy who are in the posse.
Which one are you getting?
>>
>>76647512
the light is in the exact same position as it was before
>>
>>76646536
I think they more manufacturers needs to be a priority. They pretend there is a competition and all that but there are only two and both are very good. Its silly really.
>>
>>76647588
I want a hat.
>>
so has the era of Chevy dominance come to an end?
Honda are supposed to be the weaker package but somehow they managed to win Indy.
Andretti Autosport somehow have won 3 out of the last 4 Indy 500s. I guess I can't make fun of that faggot Michael Andretti anymore.
>>
Speaking of Monger's accident and the changes it may have.
https://www.motorsport.com/indylights/news/mongers-f4-crash-sparks-indy-lights-safety-modifications-920569/

Not very specific as to what they'll do, but they talk about not wanting the cars to ride up the nose to the cockpit in the event of a crash into the rear end of a car.
>>76651370
Depends on how their upgrades do next year.
Honda really worked hard the last two years to catch up and overcome their aero kit deficit.

Also
http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/2017/06/20/opinion-pippa-mann-and-racing-backward-gender/409631001/

Women barely compete with men in chess, I don't think it's a coincidence that there are almost no successful women in motorsport. It's unlikely to just be sexism, besides racing is dangerous and men don't like to put women in dangerous situations.
>>
File: IMG_0142.jpg (216KB, 856x918px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0142.jpg
216KB, 856x918px
Indycar tops viewership on NBCSN for that week.

The reality is that with so many programs competing for viewership, sponsors should re-evaluate what a good rating is. Seinfeld in the 90's used to draw a 15.0+, the highest rated sitcom The Big Bang Theory only draws a 5.0.
From Television's inception to the mid 90's you only had 20 over the air channels. Then Satellite Tv came out with 1000 and you've suddenly split everyone's attention.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EQ1TWUo3YU
Graham Rahal onboard at Texas race.
>>
http://www.nbcsports.com/video/rapid-fire-katie-hargitt-conor-daly

In this interview we learn that Conor Daly can't cook and Rossi can.
Rossi's family are italian immigrants so it would stand to reason they passed recipes around.
>>
>the city of conor Daly
Didn't get past the first obstacle in Ninja Warrrior kek
>>
Thank you janitors.
>>76652849
Conor is definitely /ourguy/
He'll be in JUST mode until he breaks through with his first win.
>>
>>76653295
what if he's just a slower and less attractive version of Vitor Meira?
>>
>>76653339
Miera wasn't a short stocky Irishman with no neck and no luck.
>>
>>76652498
I have to agree with Pippa
an all women series would be bullshit.

if someone's got the balls (or ovaries) to get in a race car I say let em. no need to segregate.
>>
>>76653431
It's more down to ability.
Has Pippa ever done anything notable in lower formulas?
Has any women really?

Women have a separate category for Chess as well, but they are allowed in the normal divisions. It just seems like women aren't able to compete as a rule.
>>
>>76653568
I don't think you can say women will never be good drivers.
the Force sisters are pretty damn good at drag racing. Katherine Legge is doing pretty well in the IMSA Honda NSX.

but think Danica Patrick set female drivers back decades by basically being a sex symbol that happened to drive race cars, with all the bikini modelling and shit.
>>
>>76653663
I just don't think that women as a rule can compete on the same level as men which is why we see so few.

The other half of it may be the psychological reluctance to put women in dangerous situation. It's probably very logical why we've never seen a woman in the top rungs of Formula racing.
>>
File: poconovautier.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
poconovautier.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>76652498
the Monger crash was fucked up.
it's hard to prevent on-track situations like that where you're unsighted. nothing could have been done differently it's just unfortunate.
Until I saw the article I didn't make the connection that Carlin would try to change something in Indy Lights. Is the Dallara IL similar to the chassis in British F4?
>>
An all-women league is bullshit because there are already 8 million racing series. If the best she can do is a local GT series or ARCA, too bad.
>>
>>76653974
I'm thinking the Lights car is WAY sturdier.
As I recall reading, the F4 car is only required to be crash tested at about 60mph.

It also seems that the monocoque is paper thin because the blunt rear of the other car penetrated the front of the car and destroyed dear Billy's legs.

I think Indy Lights is more worried about the potential fro a car to ramp up the nose and have the rear frame of a car smash a driver's head.
>>
>>76653568
Pippa isn't bad. She not wreking cars or anything. Shes just never doing anything notable either.
>>
>>76654070
>all-women league
Reminds me of this
https://youtu.be/6Od54GvhoMk?t=4041
>>
File: IMG_0146.jpg (240KB, 1014x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0146.jpg
240KB, 1014x1800px
Here's a comparison of the 2015 and 2018 Speedway kits as they were introduced.
>>
https://twitter.com/FirestoneRacing/status/876847117628846080

>Tfw Sato-sama is the KANG of Japan
>>
File: indyobc.webm (3MB, 708x398px) Image search: [Google]
indyobc.webm
3MB, 708x398px
>>
File: IMG_0147.jpg (51KB, 250x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0147.jpg
51KB, 250x335px
>>
File: IMG_0082.jpg (91KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0082.jpg
91KB, 750x500px
>>76655410
>the call that saved my career
>>
File: indy500_serviadavidson.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
indy500_serviadavidson.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>
File: IMG_0148.jpg (140KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0148.jpg
140KB, 900x600px
It's national Eagle day apparently.

A thought on how Honda vs. Chevy will stack, the Chevy aero kit is less draggy and can trim more for the long straights at Road America.
Could be a blood bath.
>>
>>76652552
The thing is if you wanted to watch Seinfeld back then you had to watch it on its scheduled time.

Now you can just wait for Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, etc and watch the series on your own terms.

I really only tune in to races and GoT on time these days.
>>
The Kohler GP at Road America is 5 laps longer than it was last year.
This means that unless you can save 20 miles worth of fuel over the course of the race, then all teams will be on a 4 stop strategy.
Unless there is a huge amount of yellow flags(traditionally there aren't many) then even if a team does save that much fuel, they'll be losing tons of time on this extremely long course.
>>
>>76656710
everyone is always saying how good Oriol Servia, is, how he deserves a full time ride?

why?

he's been driving in CART/Champ car/IRL/IndyCar for over 17 years and only has one win (Montreal '05) and one pole (Surfer's Paradise '05).
>>
>>76660072
are you blaming that crash on servia?

anyway, he's only had 3 full seasons since the merger, and when he was in cart he was a solid driver that was up near the front constantly. just one of those "what if" guys and he has a nice personality so people like him.
>>
>>76660127
>are you blaming that crash on Servia?

aren't you?
he clearly moves over to the right into the back of the other car.
>>
>>76660161
try watching this one >>76655164

davison clearly moves down thinking he is clear while serviva goes as low as possible until the natural momentum of going 225 mph takes him in the normal arc off the turn
>>
>>76652843
>you will never get interviewed by Katie Hargitt

why live
>>
I think Servia is one of those guys who has experienced a bit of everything.
He's had so many years in CART, Champ Car, and a couple seasons in Indycar.
If nothing else, he's a good development driver and it would make sense that he would get a call from Indycar to test the 2018 kit and from some team owners to fill in and do a couple one off races.
>>
>>76660192
>you will never date/marry Katie Hargitt
There goes the dream of blonde children.
>>
>>76660236
>>
>>76660283
"Anon can you help me unzip this? It's really hot inside"
"Gee thanks anon, now I can get ready for my date with Chad tonight!"
>>
>>76660338
Bahaha, my name's not Chad, silly Katie.
Want to go to the Mug N' Bun?
>>
File: mw.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
mw.png
9KB, 205x246px
>>76660338
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
http://www.pippamann.com/2017/06/19/the-handmaids-racing-series/
>>
>>76660498
she's right
>>
>>76660498
>one of the few sports where men and women can and do compete equally
Demonstrably not true in Formula cars.
While the way it was introduced may seem demeaning, I have to wonder how women felt about women-only chess.
>>
http://www.racer.com/international/item/141597-robby-gordon-pleads-guilty-to-traffic-offenses-after-street-donuts

literally ourest of guys
>>
>>76660755
>demonstrably not true in formula cars

then demonstrate
>>
>>76660760
kek
>>
>>76660760
>australia doesn't allow fun
so many things begin to make sense
>>
>>76660760
NANNY STATE
A
N
N
Y

S
T
A
T
E
>>
>>76660774
Proof is in the pudding don't you think?

The Formula ladder has largely equal cars in the lower rungs.
What does Pippa Mann's record look like?
1 win in Indy Lights, 3 poles there as well. Remember that Indy Lights is a bit of a joke due to the small field, the car count is only now coming back up.
Simona de Silvestro's?
She managed 1 win in Formula BMW and a total of 5 wins in the Atlantic Championship. She finished 3rd in points in Atlantics once though.
Katherine Legge?
3 Altlantic wins.
Lyn St. James?
Again, not terribly impressive results, but she did score a win and some podiums at the 12 Hours of Sebring alongside her two other teammates.
So which woman are we looking at and saying "they need a shot" because it seems as though once they get to the top rung, we see a lot of 0 Wins, 0 Poles, 0 Podiums.
>>
File: 1-dcJ7_AlibcRUpPeaZJEBCw.jpg (28KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
1-dcJ7_AlibcRUpPeaZJEBCw.jpg
28KB, 403x392px
>another boring Dixon championship
>>
>>76661036
It's not over until the fat lady sings.
A lot could happen.
>>
>>76661021
look at the average male driver stats, you see a lot of the same. It's just that there are so many average drivers are male that you ignore them and only focus on the females. They can hang, there's just none that are elite yet. There's only 1 Scott Dixon vs thousands of Marco Andrettis and Conor Dalys, so it's a bit unfair to expect the odd woman to be on his level.
>>
>>76661137
this
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
>>76661045
>another Will Power championship
>>
File: 16C_2850-1-640x425.jpg (58KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
16C_2850-1-640x425.jpg
58KB, 640x425px
>>76661045
>>76661411
>>76661036
[jaws music intensifies]

Indycar status quo is about to be SHOOK
>>
>>76661435
Awwww, he's so little!
>>
>>76661137
I see a lot of Championships.
The champion always gets into Indycar for one season.
Rarely does a non champion get a seat, but occasionally they bring funding.

Pippa is complaining about sponsorship, but has never won a championship in her career. For that matter, none of those women did.
Yet they have the gall to bitch that they don't have rides outside of one offs.
Well no shit.

>>76661411
It's Newgarden's time.
>>
>>76661698
hard to win a championship when you're not full time
>>
>>76661698
>it's Newgarden's time

maybe if he stops speeding in the pit lane.
>>
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/141577-mclaren-indycar-return-a-few-years-off-brown
>>
>>76661955
Full time in lower rungs m8.
An Indy Lights/F3/GP2 championship should be the only way into a ride, but all of those women I named brought sponsorship that they said was very hard to find and bypassed that requirement.
>>76661968
Yeah there's got to be something going on there because in years past that has never happened.
>>
File: Alexander-Rossi-03.jpg (170KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
Alexander-Rossi-03.jpg
170KB, 750x500px
>>76662039
People are delusional about this Alonso/McClaren return to Indy.

Indy is 1/10th as popular as F1 even if its way more popular in the US than F1.

But ignoring that McClaren spends $10 mill on the car alone in F1 and has contracts with F1 and Honda to race. Alonso gets paid 40million dollars to drive the car and also has contracts. Indy used to be huge but leadership failed where F1 succeeded and its only real prestigious event is the 500, on a global level.

On top of that you are talking about McClaren investing more money into the logistics of an Indy team and the roughly 5 million on a set of Indycars and then the crew and infrastructure etc.

This is from a team that is struggling to even complete races in one series.

Clearly, McClaren considers INDY a top tier motorsport series compared to say NASCAR. But the prestige of INDY is way down and the audience is way down. How can they justify investing all that money into a new smaller series when they are failing at their current series? Its just not going to happen.

As for a driver like Scott Dixon or whatever.

Scott is old. He's good but F1 basically breeds drivers for the series. They wouldn't want some 40 year old guy to come race for them for a couple years. They need someone who knows nothing but F1 who is willing to take shit and do it for years. Europeans and others only have F1 and so its all they want to race. Kind of how in the USA people only give a shit about NASCAR. McClaren doesn't want to have to deal with a driver quitting because he's old, not naïve enough to stay in in a tough situation like F1 paddock culture etc.

Its not like INDY is very different. The drivers are basically home grown or got bumped off a ride at F1. And even though INDY takes F1 drivers its not like they find much success over here.
Just look at Gutierrez or Chilton.
>>
File: 1441974663134.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441974663134.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>76662514
>McClaren
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 960x640px
This Driver named "Toby Aneounsed" is driving for Dale Coyne again this weekend. Commonly spotted in the off season with the team, he was amiss the 2017 season. He has cropped back up.
>>76662514
I don't think they'll return full time, but they might run an Indy one-off every year.
They just have to choose a driver
>>
>>76662514
>mcClaren

wtf I can't even finish reading your novel, this triggers me so much
>>
>>76662582
is it Gary Airy?
>>
>>76662514
I think Dixon or Power or any of the top drivers in INDY could win F1 races but actually signing them on for a season is a risky move when you could just grab a young 18 year old bred for the series.

Also, Indy needs to think carefully about letting Alonso hop into the 500 every year without racing a season.

Would F1 allow and Indy driver to hop in for Monaco? I doubt it. That's ignoring the part where you have to find a car. The cars being 10 mill and even then only 2-4 are competitive also makes the whole idea odd.

On the other hand WEC lets Indy drivers in no problem.

It seems like Le Mans and the 500 are happy to let people compete for the triple crown prestige but when will INDY guys get a chance for Monaco?

That would hurt the whole series to have all these F1 drivers making news for attempting or succeeding at the Triple Crown but INDY and WEC exclusive drivers never do.

They need to work something out or just tell guys like Alonso, thanks but you need to do a full season to compete at the 500.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>76662514
>McClaren
>>
>>76662622
if they made people do a full season to do the 500 they would never have 33 cars in the race
>>
>>76662622
It's a european and FIA thing where they're afraid their self made artificial prestige could be damaged if any entertainment or excitement is ever made for the fans to enjoy
>>
File: AZ15_r155_005.jpg (317KB, 2500x1092px) Image search: [Google]
AZ15_r155_005.jpg
317KB, 2500x1092px
can this please be the motor/sp/orts thread. i just want to talk about racing but there are never threads for anything but F1 and now indy
>>
>>76662663
this
F1 is afraid of being EXPOSED
which is why IndyCar doesn't get to race at COTA or Circuit Gilles Villenueve
>>
>>76662741
no.
go to motorsport general or make one if it isn't up.
>>
>>76662757
you can't make me
>>
File: jpmoney.png (180KB, 347x226px) Image search: [Google]
jpmoney.png
180KB, 347x226px
does /sp/ have REAL passion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KHlqEo9f9A&t=468s
>>
File: image.jpg (313KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313KB, 1200x900px
>>76662611
More than likely.
Apparently Dale wants to make it suspenseful.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 610x343px
>blocks Vautier's path
>jumps in Bourdais' seat
>>
>>76662855
my mind is too busy formulating solid shitposts to react outwardly
>>
>>76662741
just post it and don't ask anon
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 932x524px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 932x524px
http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2017/06/20/handful-of-sponsor-changes-tba-at-coyne-on-road-america-entry-list/amp/
>>
>>76665076
The constant sponsor changes are annoying
>>
>>76665483
A reality of the times.
Graham's Gehl Livery looks fucking awesome though.
>>
>>76666632
meanwhile Penske can't resist having one car be black/white
>>
File: IMG_0151.jpg (182KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0151.jpg
182KB, 1200x900px
Graham's car for this weekend.
Team just posted it.
>>
>>76667316
very nice, Graham has had some good ones this year
>>
File: IMG_0152.jpg (96KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0152.jpg
96KB, 640x480px
Really, really good write up that covers a lot more than Bourdais crash at Indy.
Some insight we've never had before as well.

Please read:
http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/2017/06/21/sebastien-bourdais-its-pretty-straightforward-simple-id-dead/412351001/
>>
>>76667316
RLL always has good paint jobs.
not all boring like Penske.
>>
File: IMG_0154.jpg (217KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0154.jpg
217KB, 1920x1080px
Despite the first game's horrendous handling problems, I can't help but find myself excited for Project Cars 2(I picked up the first from the bargain bin so I wasn't burned).
Feedback from the game has been very positive in regards to fixing what was wrong with the first game and they haven't been afraid to show it off either.

Am I setting myself up for disappointment?
>>
>>76669307
I wish there was an official IndyCar game for PC
>>
>>76638255
IndyCar put limits on tech development to make the series more financially stable. Americans hardly care about non-NASCAR so you can't splurge too much.

Anyways hasn't F1 also done the same? They put limits on how much tech you can put into the car so that they can have more than 3 teams running.
>>
>>76669397
I agree.
A standalone Indycar game that borrows data from the simulators that Drivers use in addition to telemetry from Honda and Chevrolet would be fucking awesome.
Include historic cars and all tracks in the season(with some previous ones) and it would be awesome.

How to market it is the hard part and who would do development for it?
>>
>>76669307
can you explain why there are braking zone distance markers on the oval section of the track?
>>
https://twitter.com/SPMIndyCar/status/877183504752271360

If any of y'all niggers live in WI, go meet /our guy/ Alotion.
>>
File: IMG_0155.jpg (211KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0155.jpg
211KB, 800x533px
>>76669672
Ask IMS?
>>
File: 1408563737290.png (37KB, 710x772px) Image search: [Google]
1408563737290.png
37KB, 710x772px
>>76669788
I was gonna go but it's the busy season at work and my boss is a prick and wouldn't let me have the weekend off

FUCK
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>76639966
>12,000rpm
>high revving
Frigging NASCAR engines would be doing that by now if they didn't put in the gear rule. 15,000rpm on mechanical valves is old hat.
>>
>>76669672
It's not like everything to ever race at Indy has been a babby mode 500hp/3000lbs of downforce open wheel car.
>>
>>76667845
Great article. It's nice to read a story about track doctors that isn't about having to scrape a driver's body parts into a bucket.
>>
With Le Mans still fresh in memory, some insight into the LMP1 situation.
The category sees works teams spend as much as a F1 team for just one notable race, the P1 cars nearly lost to P2 this year.

https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/news/opinion-was-le-mans-17-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-lmp1-920977/

Indycar is in a bit of a similar situation in so far as manufacturers are spending money on the engine programs for the exposure that only one race on the calendar brings.
The magnitudes are different though, $170 million vs. $25 million.
>>
File: IMG_0150.jpg (215KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0150.jpg
215KB, 1200x799px
This weekend's broadcast schedule.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2017/06/06-21-Vasser-SVRA

Jimmy Vasser has been in interested in returning to team ownership since KV racing fell off the map this season.
The man is dedicated.
>>
File: IMG_0156.jpg (28KB, 640x178px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0156.jpg
28KB, 640x178px
Have you seen this man?
If so call 911 immediately, he's a maniac.
>>
>>76669530
unfortunately i'm not sure there's enough a market. racing sims tend to sell more in europe and noone there cares about indy
>>
File: IMG_20170621_151242.jpg (1MB, 1512x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170621_151242.jpg
1MB, 1512x2688px
>>76669530
I have this old one made by codemasters who make the annual f1 games, but they're probably to busy with that to bother these days
>>
Where's a Jamaican most happy when he wants to travel somewhere?
>>
>>76680378
pon de river pon de bank
>>
File: 5ae.jpg (164KB, 1240x786px) Image search: [Google]
5ae.jpg
164KB, 1240x786px
>>76679937
>no road or street courses
>>
>>76681215
>tfw no Indycar game with ovals
>>
>>76681292
that game is all ovals.

IRL was absolute shit, CART was the superior series for years until IRL finally got away from being all ovals.

I'm glad IndyCar is 2/3rds road and street now

fuck TonyGeorgefags
>>
>>76681343
>tfw no new* indycar game with ovals
but IRL was fun, more fun than CART between 2002 to 2006.
>>
>>76681448
>all turn left
>fun

not for me
if IndyCar was still all ovals I probably would only watch the Indy 500
>>
Project cars 2 will have lots of IndyCar stuff, I'm pretty excited desu
>>
https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/877626729598251008

/Our frog/ has been nominated for an award.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to send him energy.
>>
>>76681895
>lose a championship
>be nominated for best driver
The state of nigger hamilton
>>
>>76681551
Texas is in the game, which means we can test different DF levels there until they aren't racing in a pack flat out just for shits and grins.
>>76681895
A bunch of Indycar drivers have won that the last few years if I remember correctly.
>>
File: IMG_20170621_173703.jpg (595KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170621_173703.jpg
595KB, 2048x2048px
tfw no /Penske/ gf
>>
>>76682740
Is that Penske's designated team groupie?
>>
>>76681551
Will they have Tony Kanaan mode where you can see how many drivers you can eliminate in one race and still finish top 10?
>>
File: KILLNAN.jpg (54KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
KILLNAN.jpg
54KB, 1200x630px
>>76683543
AYO WHITE BOI
>*turns right*
HOLD UP
>*enters your line*
YOU FUCKING SAYING
>*Crashes you into your teamate*
THAT I MADE
>*takes out half the field of drivers
A FUCKING MISATEK ESE?
>*bankrupts a team singlehandedly*
BECAUSE IVE BEEN HERE 25 years ESE
>*1.8 million in damages for a 35k purse*
IM A FAN FAVORITE BRO, NOBODY WILL BLAME ME
>*finishes top 10, in a field of 11*
YOURETHE FUCKING AMATEUR
>*only won 4 races in 10 years*
>*plucks unibrow*
>*acts like a funnyman for the camera because is 'fan fave'
YO BRO WELCOME TO MY SERIES
>*embarrasses himself at Le Mans
>*teammates comment the car was drenched in sweat and smelled bad after his stint*

BRO FUTURE TRIPLE CROWN COMING THU
*Sees you drafting and gaining speed after taking a better line*
*waits for you to pass*
*turns into your tire*
TOP 10 FINISH BRO, FAN FAVE COMING THRU
>>
>>76681935
>>76681895
Imagine how ass blasted Hamilton will be if he loses this to anyone.

>thats....interesting ooga booga
>>
>>76683543
>>76683740
How can you be THIS assblasted about based TK
>>
>>76683740
Listen, I love TK but i laughed.
>>
Gutierrez confirmed for RA this weekend
>>
>>76682740

She can GET IT.
>>
File: KILLNAN1.jpg (35KB, 568x630px) Image search: [Google]
KILLNAN1.jpg
35KB, 568x630px
>>76683920
*leaves his line to block your path*

BRO THAT WAS MY LINE BRO, I EARNED THIS POSITION I GET TO DEFEND IT

>*doesn't win antoher race for 10 years*

>fan favorite

wew. why do you like this guy again?
>>
>>76684725

Dr. Manhattan-looking motherfucker.
>>
File: IMG_20170525_174042.jpg (423KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170525_174042.jpg
423KB, 2048x1536px
/penske/
>>
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/141627-gateway-to-repave-before-august-indycar-race
A little bit of excitement here, a litle bit of nervousness.
Firestone has already tested there to make sure they brought the right compound, don't want another competition caution situation because Firestone's tires are shit.

Exciting due to the unknown nature of the track.
>>
>>76687466
Can't be worse than it was before, they were stopping every 15 minutes to fix the track during that test
>>
Speaking of, here is the testing they did at Gateway this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTDGFrqVWME
Couple things to note, while it is in Madison County Illinois, the Speedway is really right off the Hwy and has it's own road leading to it.
You don't have to go near East St Louis, thank God.
It is near a landfill, some say they smell things, others say they don't.

I'll be attending the race both Friday and Saturday. I will also getting a paddock pass to see how many drivers I can meet.
It's the only race within close proximity(1 1/2 hours) to me.
When that finally comes around in August I'll post impressions here.
>>
File: IMG_0097.jpg (292KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0097.jpg
292KB, 1920x1080px
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/141633-podcast-the-week-in-indycar-news-june-21

Robin and Marshall podcast, Indycar week in review.
>>
>>76689408
*in this episode, Marshall talks about having death wished upon him through gay rape.
>>
File: muh murrikan drivers.jpg (84KB, 1126x241px) Image search: [Google]
muh murrikan drivers.jpg
84KB, 1126x241px
>>76689514

Sounds like just another day on Trackforum to me.
>>
File: IMG_0062.jpg (81KB, 1200x629px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0062.jpg
81KB, 1200x629px
>>76689568
Good to have a place we can talk about this sport on a much more real level than TF even if we have to bump it from page 9 occasionally during off weeks.
Everyone there is an armchair expert and rarely provides real insight.
They also argue fucking semantics all the time. I have to question what they're even arguing about half the time, like did they ever stop to question why it mattered?
>>
>>76683740
top kek
>>
>>76684403
why was Gary Airy TBA for so long?
Dale waiting for the check to clear?
>>
>>76690006
this
I registered for trackforum and immediately regretted it. what a bunch of fuckhead boomer Tony George worshippers. if they had their way, IndyCar wouldn't exist anymore.
>>
>>76677298
good
we need more teams and more drivers
imagine if there was 33 cars in every race and not just the 500. and there was Bump Day at the 500 again, with teams fighting for a spot in the race.
>>
File: IMG_0157.jpg (172KB, 464x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0157.jpg
172KB, 464x640px
>>76690399
It could be a number of things, Gutierrez may not have had the funding or was in legal trouble with that Formula E team, Dale may also have had other drivers lined up as options.

I think Dale just likes to make jokes about Driven and talk about hiring Jimmy Bly or Joe Tanto.
>>
>>76690456
Don't think we need 33 cars every race, but 26 is a very healthy number and between all prospective teams Indycar could reach that number.
Some adjustments need to be made to the leader's circle and general payouts anyway to include more than 22 entries as well as a general increase in payout.
Doubling the Leader's circle payout would make it much easier on teams, but of course you have to determine where that money is going to come from.
>>
>>76690490
From now on:

You can only post ITT if you saw Driven IN THE THEATER
>>
>>76638255
Go home Lewis.
>>
>>76689568
Esteban sucks so idk why that guy is worried.
>>
>>76695218
that's like a 6 year old post, use context friend.
>>
File: IMG_0158.jpg (67KB, 1125x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0158.jpg
67KB, 1125x373px
Official now.
He'll also be in the rest of the season.
http://www.indycar.com/News/2017/06/06-22-Gutierrez-back-with-Coyne
>>
File: 34707116682_b3c507412f_o.jpg (498KB, 4096x2160px) Image search: [Google]
34707116682_b3c507412f_o.jpg
498KB, 4096x2160px
Some more info on how they expect 2018 aero testing to go next month.
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/141651-indycar-preparing-for-first-2018-bodywork-tests
>>
File: 34534634534534.jpg (51KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
34534634534534.jpg
51KB, 800x500px
>>76696968
This is that Trump was talking about when he said we aren't sending our best.
>>
>>76697144
Kek
Should we build a wall around Gutierrez?
>>
File: 543765468345345.jpg (69KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
543765468345345.jpg
69KB, 768x432px
>>76697249
Build it and he will crash.
>>
>>76697385
Road America is very much like an old F1 circuit where there's no paved run off.
Falling off the track at a turn means you'll eventually go into a wall.
Can we expect to see that this weekend from him?
>>
>>76697483
this
plus it's pretty narrow
very old school track
>>
>>76697655
Reasonably, but there are plenty of passing opportunities given there are 3 long straights.
>>
>>76696968
Gary Airy knows Road America already, he raced there in 2007 in Formula BMW. not to mention he's been testing there with DCR. it's not totally new course, totally new car like Detroit. maybe now we can see what he can really do in an Indy car.
>>
>>76697144
Underrated
>>
File: IMG_0159.jpg (174KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0159.jpg
174KB, 1200x900px
Josef Newgarden in the bright orange DeVIL BISS livery this weekend.
Pray for no pit speeding and he might actually win a race again rather than getting a top 5-10Z
>>
I wish the company I work for would sponsor an IndyCar. Earlier this year, they sponsored the Darrell Wallace Jr. XFINITY car and it looked really good. Our color scheme is well suited for liveries...

I won't post a pic here, since this is not NASCAR, but: http://hanabi.autoweek.com/sites/default/files/styles/gen-932-524/public/16Hmstdbem02693.jpg?itok=L0iZFjbg
>>
>>76700631
bretty gud
>>
File: IMG_0160.jpg (389KB, 1000x645px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0160.jpg
389KB, 1000x645px
I think Scott Dixon is probably Indy Jesus.
The man is too much of a class act and successful to be human.
He soars far above everyone else.
http://www.wthr.com/article/scott-dixon-surprises-9-year-old-fan-who-wrote-encouraging-letter

>>76700631
You can post it here, a little bit of Motorsport is okay as long as someone makes a half assed effort to relate it to Indycar.
>>
>>76700964
I respect him but I still don't forgive him and TK for crashing out Rossi at Texas.

Ganassi is on thin ice with the #RossiPosse.
>>
File: IMG_0161.jpg (354KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0161.jpg
354KB, 1080x1080px
Spotter's guide for the weekend.
>>
>>76701240
Has no one ever told Hildebrand that his hair is... it's just... well... not very good?
>>
>>76701288
business in front party in the back
all the other drivers have short/slicked back haircuts he's bucking the trend
>>
>>76701288
He's trying for the Arie Luyendyk look.
>>
>>76700133
leave it to penske to have the same sponsor but more boring livery than a poor pwc team
>>
>>76700964
wonder what she smelled like
>>
>>76701472
they need to hire a new graphic designer or something
>>
>>76701498
>>
>>76701472
>boring lively
I think their bright colors and patterns are actually really good.
>>
>>76701560
sure it's better than the black/grey/white newgarden was using for a few races. But look at the PWC car. Changing the white to a matte silver makes the orange pop even more. Big minus for the lines following the standard penske template as well, makes me divert my eyes in boredom.
>>
>>76701560
>solid grey (with red?! wtf)
>good
>>
>>76701602
>Changing the white to a matte silver makes the orange pop even more
Eh, i don't know. it looks better orange/white or black/orange.
>>76701617
silver/grey is a really boring color in everything but clothing imo.
Their other colors are great, the blue and white, yellow and white, black and white.
>>
>>76701288
In all fairness the picture makes it look worse than it is

>>76701240
I wonder how many cars Mario would beat if he decided to run the race in that 2 seater
>>
>>76701166
this
>>
>>76700631
loved that car when I saw it on tv
>>
>>76702178
it is was against 2011 cars and field he could get a top 10 in that heap of junk
>>
File: IMG_0162.jpg (84KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0162.jpg
84KB, 800x533px
Mikhail Aleshin could be out of the car this weekend as Democrats have suggested he is a Russian Spy.
As a result poor Mikhail's VISA is having issues.
Robert Wickens, a DTM driver, could be filling in for the Russian this weekend.
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/aleshin-immigration-issues-prompt-wickens-indycar-call-up-921652/amp/
>>
File: IMG_0163.jpg (148KB, 1198x606px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0163.jpg
148KB, 1198x606px
>>
https://twitter.com/SPMIndyCar/status/878002059412250625

REEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
File: IMG_0039.jpg (45KB, 501x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0039.jpg
45KB, 501x335px
Not as breaking or exciting as dear Aleshin's problems, but Indycar is narrowing down what company will provide upgrades to the electronic systems for the car in 2018. These will ensure the new Steering wheel works.
The old steering wheels are costing significantly more right now than the new ones for next year.
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/141658-new-electronics-coming-with-2018-bodywork
>>
>>76703459
>>76703453
Aleshin confirmed coming to america on a boat.
>>
One less /ourguy/ at Road America.
That sucks, we now have TWO FUCKING LEAFS in the series.

Only so much Great White North a man can handle.
>>
>>76703433
what the fuck
>>
Not the first time Mikhail was fucking screwed by VISA/Customs/Sanctions.
http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/indy-car/2014/11/26/mikhail-aleshin-not-expected-to-return-to-indycar/70087084/

It's worth noting that at Fontana in 2014, Mikhail nearly died. His injuries were a lot worse than reported.
>>
you gotta be FUCKING KIDDING ME
this Russian boogeyman shit needs to stop.
>>
>>76703459
>>76703453
well this is fucked. gonna have to mix up some potion tonight to make it through these rough times
>>
>>76703453
>another fucking leaf
>>
>>76704931
amen
>>
File: 1496764764092.jpg (500KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1496764764092.jpg
500KB, 1280x1707px
just realized there's practice tomorrow
>>
>>76707234
do they stream it/broadcast it?
at what time? I always been itnerest in watching Indycar practice because although its my favorite racing series(over F1 even) I've never seen a practice session and only some qualys(ies?)
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 1024x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 1024x540px
>>76707495
>Stream it
You bet.
Friday practice Streams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovb3KYbp2GU

Come watch with us.
I'll post the links for Saturday activities(doesn't include qualifying, that's broadcast) and Sunday(doesn't include race broadcasts).
An anon should at least stream the race.
>>
what can we do to help keep alotion in motion
>>
>>76709055
Absolutely nothing unfortunately.
>>
>>76700133
Hey that's pretty cool
>>
>>76703433
this happened to Simona de Silvestro in 2011. Simon Pagenaud replaced her for Sonoma that year.

probably some douchebag Customs/Immigration officer is jealous that Mikhail is a professional race car driver, and decided to go on a power trip to make things hard for him.
>>
I guess it never occurred to me, but Graham Rahal is only 28 years old.
I thought he was 30+.
>>
Aleshin is heading back to the US now, he will race this weekend
>>
what a joke. Mikhail is gonna miss practice because some stupid bureucrat wanted to be an asshole.
>>
ALOTION
I
N
MOTION
>>
Is it just Indy Lights practice right now or did I miss Practice 1 for Indycar?
>>
how do I listen to IndyCar radio?
is that a satellite radio thing?
>>
>Rossi fastest in this practice
fuck yes he's gonna win #RossiPosse
>>
Shit d-did I sleep through practice?
>>
>aleshin will be back
everyone drank enough potion it seems. we did it, we found a way
>>
>>76717884
Robert Wickens drove Mikhail's car in today's practice. hopefully he has some insight for the team and Mikhail as to how the car is handling.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-06-24-04h10m15s242.jpg (208KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-06-24-04h10m15s242.jpg
208KB, 1280x720px
>current model Miata as safety car in a current model Miata spec series

Pretty fucking stupid
>>
>Connor Daly 2.4 seconds off the pace of P1 Rossi and 1 second behind Munoz his teammate

JUST

>>76718569
what's your problem with Miatas m8?
>>
>>76718713
>what's your problem with Miatas m8?

Where did I say anything against Miata's?

Point being made was it's stupid to have a safety car that looks fucking identical to the rest of the field.
If I didn't tell you the safety car was in that pic, would you know it was?
>>
nice finish in the Mazda race
>>
damn those guys race those Mazdas hard. that was totally awesome!
>>
>>76718746
what should they have had for a safety car then?
>>
File: EP-150329858.jpg (210KB, 2000x1252px) Image search: [Google]
EP-150329858.jpg
210KB, 2000x1252px
>>76718826

Obviously.
>>
>>76718891
kek!

I agree
>>
>>76716514
Was going to respond, but was away from home.
http://racecontrol.indycar.com/
You can find live timing and scoring+Live Stream+Indycar Radio here.
>>
>>76718958
oh ty but I knew that
I guess I was wondering if it was something I could listen to in my car on the radio with having to subscribe to Sirius
>>
>>76718981
*without

I can play racecontrol on my phone while driving but my phones speakers aren't loud enough to be heard over road noise and I can't plug my phone into the stereo of my car
>>
>>76718826
something that wouldn't be able to compete for a win against the cars it is leading
>>
>>76719032
but MX-5 is a tiny kinda slow car.
what would be slower than a Miata that is made by Mazda? do they make any kei cars?
>>
>>76718807
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Xvv4TXMc0

was it like this?
>>
>>76719054
RX-7 on a tow truck bed
>>
File: images.png (6KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6KB, 237x213px
>>76719032
they could have Connor Daly be the safety car in his Foyt car
>>
>>76719054
one of their SUVs or the mazda 3
>>
File: IMG_20170623_145311.jpg (161KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170623_145311.jpg
161KB, 900x1600px
Was Dan /ourguy/?
>>
>>76719187
ye
>>
File: IMG_0166.jpg (87KB, 753x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0166.jpg
87KB, 753x525px
Here are the Practice 1 results.
We'll keep better track of when Practice 2 is now that everyone is awake and functioning.

Practice 2 is in about 1 hour and 15 minutes Gents.
>>
>>76719270
This leaf is slow
>>
>What is the track record at Road America?
1:39.866 / 145.924mph (234.791 kph) set by Dario Franchitti, 2000 Team Kool Green Honda Reynard, CART Championship Race

Worth remembering that Dario's car back then had 1000hp and produced less drag(and less Downforce in turn). The straight away speeds today are around 192mph while they may have been upwards of 205-210mph in a CART car.
With that said the cornering speeds were barely comparable. The modern car probably does 10+mph around every turn on the circuit and is flat around the Carousel, that would have been unheard of back then.
>>
>>76719319
What does it say about poor Conor's performance?

Aleshin would have put a faster time in, that's for certain.
>>
>>76719359

CART confirmed for superior
IndyCart confirmed for shit
>>
>>76719406
>superior
>died

hmm?
>>
>>76719270
ROSSI
O
S
S
I
>>
File: IMG_0065.jpg (56KB, 450x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0065.jpg
56KB, 450x302px
>>76719406
If Chevrolet and Honda turned up the boost to create 1000HP, that record would fall in a heartbeat.
They might even be 2 seconds quicker than the 2000 Reynard.

The CART cars were draggy as hell, the PANOZ DP01 is the closest looking thing to an updated CART Indycar and even it is 10 years old now.
>>
>>76719319
he's just filling in until Aleshin's plane lands in Wisconsin
>>
File: 83721784.jpg (11KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
83721784.jpg
11KB, 320x220px
>>76719495

>race car 20 years newer is faster
>>
>>76719544
The new car is faster at most tracks with significantly less hp.
For how hamstrung these cars are by low HP, they did an excellent job setting records on road courses everywhere except Road America.
>>
>>76719570
aerodynamics, suspension, etc. have come a long way

pure horsepower matters, but not as much as it used to

especially on a track like this, it's all about that cornering speed
>>
File: 34707116142_d3a9486aaf_o.jpg (418KB, 4096x2160px) Image search: [Google]
34707116142_d3a9486aaf_o.jpg
418KB, 4096x2160px
Really want to see this car run at Road America since maximizing Downforce while reducing drag was one of the primary goals.

The 2018 car might be slower on shorter courses by a half second, but the straight away speeds should be up by a couple mph.

Major Engine Manufacturer upgrades are also due next year.
>>
>>76719599
Actually HP makes a big difference at Road America.
Most other tracks the modern Indycar is faster, but RA has such long straights that the fastest way around is hauling ass down straights and going slower in corners.
>>
>>76719613
I love the new road course aero.

not a big fan of how the superspeedway aero looks, with the tiny rear wing, but I get that you want less drag on an oval.
>>
File: kool-aid-man.png (214KB, 552x473px) Image search: [Google]
kool-aid-man.png
214KB, 552x473px
>>76719635

You post on Trackforum, don't you, m8?
>>
>>76719635
yeah true but did you see how the cars were damn near going into the grass on the corners during practice 1? it doesn't matter how fast you are on the straight if you can't slow down in time to make it through the corner. that's why I like when IndyCar races road courses. it isn't just pedal to the metal all the time.
>>
>>76719658
No.
I'm simply making a factual statement.
If TF happens to parrot that, then the old adage "a broken clock is right twice a day" applies.

There's a reason Road America is the only Road Course record to remain standing.
The cars are too draggy down the straights and the HP won't allow them to reach 200+mph like they used to.
The cornering speeds are extremely impressive though.
>>
>>76719658
is trackforum the "go back to red it" of /indy/?
>>
File: 34707116992_ede122ef2a_o.jpg (419KB, 4096x2160px) Image search: [Google]
34707116992_ede122ef2a_o.jpg
419KB, 4096x2160px
>>76719654
I actually don't mind it at certain angles.
The front is particularly attractive.

Did you know the flicks in front of the rear wheels are slightly different between the 2018 Road and Oval kits?
One is optimized for low drag while the other produces a bit more DF while lowering drag.
>>
>>76719745

It is now :^)
>>
>>76719745
Probably.
No one here is calling for front engines roadsters though.
>>
>>76719749
>The front is particularly attractive.

The long lawn dart nose is ugly af
>>
>>76719749
>increasing downforce while decreasing drag

how is Dallara doing this?
what sorcery is this?
I feel like I need Jon Beekhuis to explain this to me
>>
>>76719745

It has been for over 15 years. It was Indycar's /reddit/ before reddit even existed, with Crapwagon as the /Stormfront/ of Indycar IMO.
>>
>>76719813
I suppose I should have specified.
*Increasing Downforce compared to the 2018 rear wheel oval flick while lowering Drag compared to the current manufacturer kit flicks.
>>
Practice 2 in 30~ minutes.

Will Punished Conor redeem himself?
>>
File: 34831125596_bffcf69d90_o.jpg (461KB, 4096x2160px) Image search: [Google]
34831125596_bffcf69d90_o.jpg
461KB, 4096x2160px
>>76719808
It's not quite as accentuated from the front angle, when you look at it from the side you can kind of see what I mean.
>>
>>76719846
yeah but I thought increasing downforce increases drag and vice versa.
how can they have both high downforce and low drag? what unholy magicks are Dallara dabbling in
>>
>>76719891
ground effect
>>
>>76719891
making use of the underbody and just overall improving the aerodynamic efficiency of the bodywork can help improve downforce but also decrease the drag
>>
>>76719891

Downforce and Drag are two separate things that generally go hand-in-hand, but not always. WEC LMP1 cars also produce quite a lot of downforce but generally have less drag than any other type of racing car out there today (Part of that being the closed cockpit and closed wheels, but still).
>>
>>76719924
>>76719927

is ground effect basically free downforce? or can it add drag like aero pieces on the top of the car can
>>
File: 34707116482_3bf8d26910_o.jpg (485KB, 4096x2160px) Image search: [Google]
34707116482_3bf8d26910_o.jpg
485KB, 4096x2160px
>>76719891
Very carefully.
As a net whole, per Indycar, the 2018 car will have 800lbs less of overall Downforce.
The balance of where the Downforce is coming from is shifting as well. Most of the 2018 car's DF will be coming from the undertray.
Ground effect DF is ultra low drag compared to topside winglet DF.
So there will be a huge reduction in drag next year for what will overall be only an 800lbs DF loss.

The other thing is that teams in F1 spend a good portion of their R&D budget maximizing their DF to Drag ration.
It's all a compromise and sometimes they have to settle, but the crazy looking front wings in F1 are a result of that philosophy.
>>
>>76719948
not really, too much ground effect can create horrible understeer. it is all about achieving whatever balance they feel is necessary
>>
>>76719948
It's not completely free but it has a way better drag coefficient than topside DF.
>>
>>76719948

If the tunnels aren't properly designed or are creating so much downforce that it's causing the car to hit the ground and then pop back up at speed (AKA "Porpoising"), then yes ground effects can cause drag...

But usually, that's not really the case.
>>
thanks for helping to explain guys I'm no aerodynamicist
>>
>>76720005
Neither are we, most of us I assume are just laymen who had it explained to us through articles and research.
Some of it just makes sense though.

If a theoretical situation ever comes up, I won't speculate because I don't want to be an armchair aerodynamicist.
>>
>>76720005
me neither, I just read articles from racecar engineering and hope what is written is true
>>
20 minutes till RA Practice 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovb3KYbp2GU
>>
>>76720064
HYPE
Y
P
E
>>
>>76719815
nah crapwagon was based
>>
>>76720090
no
>>
>>76720102

>>76719658
>>
>>76720126
both were shit
>>
http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2017/06/23/gutierrez-set-to-enjoy-the-feeling-of-enjoyment-in-indycar/amp/
Gutierrez enjoying his time in the car.
He has a test set for Iowa, so he'll certainly be in the Car for the rest of the season. Maybe he can impress, but from the Mexican anons who speak of him, I'd say any result in the top 15 is a solid finish.
>>76720090
>>76720102
It's over lads.
The nightmare is done and we can all move on.
>>
For me, it's Road America, the best American road racing course.
>>
who /pressdog/ here
>>
>>76720170
I think Gary Airy is on the track to /ourguy/ status.
>>
>>76720176
Always be partial to Indianapolis, but as natural terrain road courses go, it's either Road America or Watkins Glen.

I do wish they'd remove the Armco barriers at Watkins, they scare me a bit.

Also
I was watching some old races at Michigan even back in 1995, there was no catch fence along the back stretch. I thought was insane.
>>
>>76720209
yeah I agree
>2017
>still having armco on your race course
>>
>>76720209
that's why I said road racing
Indy is best oval in the world hands down
but I like the road courses a lot
>>
Practice Is live.
>>
>>76720170
>The nightmare is done and we can all move on.
not until the specter of the Hulmans, Georges, Hulman-Georges, Hulman & Company, and Clabber Girl are gone will we be safe from doom and be able enter prosperity.
>>
Rahal onboard in that beautiful Gehl livery.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 204x207px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 204x207px
>mfw I almost got to go to Road America but my boss is a prick and wouldn't let me have the weekend off in case we get called in to work if the crops are ready

fucking cunt
>>
>commentary talking about the rules of "cornholing"

Right.....
>>
CRASH

ROSSI
O
S
S
I
>>
ROSSI

Rossi with a light slide into the tires.
>>
>>76720401
>Cornholio

TP for my bunghole?
>>
>>76720401
>he doesn't play cornhole with his sister every evening
>>
The front wing isn't a total loss, but it will need repairs.
>>
Daily Reminder:

Rossi Posse is just a meme
Will Power is /ourguy/
>>
>>76720487
daily reminder that you can FUCK OFF

#Possi
>>
>>76720487
Ew.
I rooted for him when he was a championship bridesmaid, but he doesn't have anything to prove anymore and I don't expect him to win the 500.
Besides, I have drivers I want to see win more who are actually /ourguys/
>>
Josef Newgarden is in the Bright orange #2 DeVIL BISS car.
>>
File: bailey.jpg (71KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
bailey.jpg
71KB, 604x604px
>>76720487
>Will Power is /ourguy/

Fuck that.
I only support Rahal and team /Traps for Troops/
>>
>>76720487
requesting webm of Rossi OUT FUCKING DRIVING Power at the 2016 Indy GP and sending the aussie nto the grass

#RossiPosse is here to stay
>>
Gateway will have another tire test on the newly repaved surface.
>>
File: IMG_0167.jpg (121KB, 640x1036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0167.jpg
121KB, 640x1036px
Practice times as they run.
>>
Gutierrez out on red tires.

Teams have 8 sets of primary tires and 4 sets of Reds.
>>
James Davison going for an entry in the 2018 500
>>
Rossi had another off.
No contact this time, his car is being checked out by the team for suspension damage.
>>
>>76720680
Good to hear there was Sponsor Interest after the 500.
>>
Juncos pushing hard to have a full time team in IndyCar next year
>>
I like these IndyCar radio guys. they really keep you updated on what's going on, you don't always get that with the television commentators
>>
>>76720765

Good shit. Indycar needs more team owners, especially full-time ones.
>>
File: IMG_0168.jpg (135KB, 639x1020px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0168.jpg
135KB, 639x1020px
>>76720765
Hope they find sponsorship.
Carlton would be another good entry.
Between Harding, Juncos, and Carlin, we could have a 25~ car field.

Times as they run.
>>
>>76720821
*Carlin racing
>>
>>76720792

Yeah, I always preferred the Indycar radio coverage over the broadcast side. NBCSN isn't bad, but like today they go off-topic fairly quickly.
>>
Dale still unhappy with Tony.
Kek.
>>
BROSEF BREWGARDEN P1
Only driver in the 1:42's.

Also Dixon blew past Gutierrez.
>>
>>76720851
as he should be!

I don't care how much of a series veteran or "fan favorite" he is, he really fucked up BIG TIME at Texas. that was totally ridiculous bullshit driving.
>>
Stream needs more vroom vroom noises.
>>
>>76720927
let us consider how much damage Coyne's literal who pay drivers caused to other team owners in the past
>>
This weekend is important for Conor Daly.
ABC Supply's home is here in Wisconsin and they're bringing a huge contingent of their company here.
>>
>>76720944
Here's an audio stream from the track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk2t2hIATCU
>>
File: Flörsch is not impressed.webm (1MB, 848x600px) Image search: [Google]
Flörsch is not impressed.webm
1MB, 848x600px
>>76721017
>>
>>76721017
you sson of a bitch
>>
>>76721008
So he'll be out on lap 1 then?
>>
>Penske 1,2,3,4
the king is back
>>
File: IMG_0169.jpg (101KB, 742x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0169.jpg
101KB, 742x525px
Practice 2 results gentlemen.
The stream is continuing albeit without audio(it's back now as I type).

Pit stop practice is streamed.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-06-24-07h04m46s790.jpg (197KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-06-24-07h04m46s790.jpg
197KB, 1280x720px
>unironically having 'murica bunting
>>
>>76721056
God willing he'll qualify alright, but he has a snowball's chance in hell given his practice results.
>>
File: roadAmerica.jpg (1MB, 2206x2883px) Image search: [Google]
roadAmerica.jpg
1MB, 2206x2883px
>Road America

...I mean, it's not even shaped like America.
>>
>>76721008
ooh yeah.
he better deliver. honestly I think if he doesn't do a complete 180 on how his season has been going, he's probably not gonna be a full time driver next year.
not even the Johnsonvilleâ„¢ bratwurst or the Sargentoâ„¢ cheese in the hospitality area will distract those ABC guys if he doesn't perform well.
>>
>>76721118
That would actually be a cool idea for a track.
You could name the corners after states.
That's be fucking awesome for a 4 mile track.
>>
>>76721089
>>76721118

Wisconsin IS America.

Midwest is the most American Americans in the entire America
>>
>>76721181
Missourifag, I agree.
Mostly German Settler towns out this way.
>>
>>76721154
a track with 50 turns?!
absolute madman
mini Nurburgring Nordshleife?
>>
>>76721089
what's the problem exactly?
>>
>>76721197
this
Germans and Norwegians here
probably more Germans and Norwegians here than Germany and Norway
>>
File: IMG_0170.gif (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0170.gif
2KB, 200x200px
>>76721229
Was thinking more like it would be an outline of the continental US.
Maybe remove some of the really unusual turns and chicanes, but I think that would be cool.
>>
File: 612580418.jpg (243KB, 594x393px) Image search: [Google]
612580418.jpg
243KB, 594x393px
>>76721234

Nothing m8, in some countries it's completely normal to have constant reminders.
>>
>>76721300
what scale would ithe track outline be though, compared to the outline of the borders
unless it was really small that would be a big ass track
>>
>>76721346
It would be enormous.
I'm thinking between 4-5 miles.
>>
>>76721330
do you get triggered every time you see an aussie flag?
>>
>>76721330
>it's another "foreigners aretriggered by Americans loving their country" episode
>>
>>76721361

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw one IRL.
>>
>>76721380
well you might have to actually go outside for that to happen, guess you're just as fascist as us huh
>>
File: IMG_0172.jpg (115KB, 800x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0172.jpg
115KB, 800x316px
Josef put a very quick lap together.

With pit stop practice over that's it for Indycar on track activities today. Now the track will have feeder and supports series running.
I think Pirelli World Challenge and obviously the Mazda Ladder series are here this weekend.
>>
File: IMG_0173.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0173.png
1MB, 1136x640px
Onboard with Tony Kanaan+onboard telemetry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diPUI54oRjs
>>
USF2000 qualifying next
>>
>>76721514
cool
>>
>>76721410
>"I b-bet you don't even g-go outside"

Fucking hell m8, that was a very original and creative comeback.
>>
>>76721566
I think it's cool that IndyCar livestreams the practice and quali for the series and even livestreams the support races and quali. you don't see this kind of stuff happening in Formula 1. Euros could take a few lessons on public relations from us Americans.
>>
File: IMG_0174.png (713KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0174.png
713KB, 1136x640px
What did Robert Wickens mean by this?
>>
when F1 drivers on the podium reference "appreciation for the fans", you can tell they are just saying that to make themselves look good. F1 isn't about the fans. it's about the prestige, the exclusivity. IndyCar is about the fans and inclusivity.
>>
>>76721633
>implying it's about "da fans"
>implying everything isn't about money

If someone was willing to pay millions for the rights for practice and quali like they do for F1, Indycar would pull the plug on free livestreams before you could say cha-ching.

For example, qualy for the Indy500 isn't streamed lived for free, because TV networks are willing to pay for it.
>>
>just remembered indycar practice
oh shit, what did i miss?
>>
>>76721709

Bantz.
Or Harassment.

I can't even tell the difference anymore.
>>
>>76721089
whoa... whoa

you're telling me there's a place hosting an event that is using festive decorations? shut it the fuck DOWN, we cannot allow this
>>
>>76721705
yeah of course they are gonna have Indy 500 quali on TV but where is the livestreaming of F1 practice and quali?

nowhere, because the F1 aristocrats want to maintain their brand of "muh pinnacle of motorsport, muh exclusivity", to distract from the fact that the racing SUCKS ASS and it's basically the World Championship of Whichever Manufacturer Can Spend The Most Money.

IndyCar is grateful for all fans, F1 only cares about the fans that have enough money to buy a Rolex. or a Ferrari. or a Mercedes-Benz.
>>
>>76721709
Results from both practice sessions here:
>>76719270
And
>>76721088
>>
>>76721709
Rossi going hard and being fastest in practice 1 but then going too hard and going off course in practice 2
>>
>>76721799
>where is the livestreaming of F1 practice and quali?

It's not streamed, it' on TV, because TV networks are willing to pay for it.
Just like how the Indy500 qualy is on TV, not streamed, because TV networks are willing to pay for it. Fans be damned, there's money to be made.

Did you even rear my post when you replied to it?

>>76721705
>If someone was willing to pay millions for the rights for practice and quali like they do for F1, Indycar would pull the plug on free livestreams before you could say cha-ching.
>>
>>76721799
M8
I appreciate Indycar, by far the best series to watch in my opinion, but they're a business and if they could capitalize on demand then they would.
If the series was more popular, Indycar put more things behind a paywall, and the paddock had more money to throw around, that'd be an alright thing.

We'd just watch a second hand ace stream and we'd have 2-3x the amount of posters.
All in all not a bad thing really.

I like what we have now though.
>>
>>76721853
I think you're replying to an Indycar PR bot
>>
>>76721870

I honestly wonder.
I first noticed him shilling like fucking crazy in the /f1/ thread when Alonso showed up at Indy.

If he's not being paid, then he's drinking Tony's koolaid by the gallon.
>>
>>76720487

Will 'I'm a white nigger' Power is not our guy you dingo fucker.
>>
>>76721809
awesome.
>>76721823
cool.
>>76721088
>4 penske on top
was everyone else sandbagging?
>>
>>76721902
Sometimes passion comes off as shilling and is directed the wrong way.
We appreciate those who watch, but there's one guy who strongly dislikes F1(or thinks he does) mostly because he doesn't understand it.
The two series are very different and always have been, there's a bit of overlap, but not really worth discussing.
>>
File: DDB8wp4XYAA25IH.jpg (95KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DDB8wp4XYAA25IH.jpg
95KB, 1200x675px
my /newguy/
>>
>>76721853
>>76721858
>>76721870
wew lads.
I'm an IndyCar PR bot?
I don't dispute that IndyCar wants to make money, and I don't want to just say "fuck off to /f1/", but seriously fuck off to /f1/.

streaming is the way of the future.
TV is dying.

if they just took what the TV networks broadcast now, with all the ads and shit, but put it online, I would be OK with that. they make their money, I get to watch the race, everyone wins!
>>
>>76721957
Caught that earlier.
Been to Chicago once was alright but I never in 1 million years want to live in a big city.
I also don't watch much stick and ball sports so I'm not certain of the significance beyond that's blasphemous in Packer's territory.
>>
>>76721957

Da burrs confirmed for winning one for da congo.
>>
>>76721961
>streaming is the way of the future.
>TV is dying.

nobody is disputing this, but as has already been said by others, Indycar isn't doing this altruistically, they're just doing it for any drop of exposure they can get since no TV channel is paying to show live practice or quali.
>>
>>76721957

>TFW Dale Coyne actually had a few years in the 1990's where he didn't have to hire exceedingly bad pay-drivers
>It came from a Handegg player wanting to race cars, but not having near enough experience to do so

Really gets the old almonds roasting.
>>
>>76721961
Indycar isn't getting paid for broadcasting rights for free streams on its own and Sponsors would be unwilling to pay for ad space to Indycar unless their streams were to get the amount of viewers the Fernando Alonso test garnered.

As streaming goes, if Indycar wants to put a streaming package together to complement their broadcast television, then they should try to get streaming on every platform available.
Practice would probably still be free since that's not a big draw(maybe 10,000 unique viewers while live*not concurrent)
TV isn't dying that quickly yet that you can avoid having a broadcasted package.
>>
>>76722008
and why would they?
desu practice and quali is probably boring to normies who aren't autistic about racing like us.
>>
>>76721992

The helmet is a tribute to Walter Payton, who actually co-owned Dale Coyne Racing for a few years in the early-mid 90's. Then his health started to fatally deteriorate and Dale had to start doing the pay-driver roulette wheel schtick just to keep the team going.
>>
>>76722011
Today he has half pay drivers.
The drivers he gets bring money(except Bourdais, though he did bring Geico), but they have a baseline talent level.
A far cry from the Dale Coyne team we saw in 2015 that hired Dracone.
>>
>>76721912
Penske is just damn good and the Chevy aero kit commands an advantage here at Road America due to being less draggy, even with Honda's HP advantage.
>>
>>76722129
I dont like Penske, with their gamesmanship and boring liveries, but I have to admit they are gonna be a force in this race, like every race
>>
>>76722369
Since Josef is on the team I have a reason to root for a Penske entry.
>>
>>76722854
I like Josef too but I wish he didn't go to Penske
>>
File: IMG_0175.png (688KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0175.png
688KB, 1136x640px
Indycar seeking to add Puebla, the 1.25 mile oval in Mexico, to the schedule using Esteban Gutierrez as incentive for a promoter to sponsor the event and give it the potential to be successful.
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/gutierrez-hopes-he-can-help-indycar-return-to-mexico-922206/amp/

From talks with Mexican anons, he didn't sound super popular.
>>
>>76723057
Also
A press conference with Esteban at Road America.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugx-I2sec5U

I guess the success of a Mexican race would depend on Gutierrez ability. If he began doing well, then perhaps he'd be someone Mexicans could be proud of and would want to support.
>>
>>76723057
>>76723113
GARY
AIRY
RY
Y

we need to send Gutierrez our meme magic
>>
>>76723057
Isn't he from Monterrey? just bring Parque fundidora back, he could sell some tickets on that alone.
>>
>>76723304
que es "Parque fundidora", amigo?
>>
>>76723113
>ring on his finger

did he marry that hot chick that was always in his pitbox when he was in f1?
>>
>>76723486
every race car driver needs a hot wife to be on the WifeCamâ„¢
>>
>>76723370
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundidora_Park_raceway
>>
Looked at the Puebla oval.
While it looks like a solid track(not run down) there seems to be a short inside retaining wall with no catch fence that seems like a hazard and there's no SAFER barrier which the track would have to install.

Proceeded to look at another candidate which would be Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez oval which is in a much better location, but there's a God damned stadium in the middle of it which means cars can't see around the corners.
>>
>>76723113
watched it
he seems like a cool guy, very humble about joining the series, eager to learn how the cars work. it's cool that he has the relationship with Adrian Fernandez

I vote that he's one of /ourguys/
>>
>>76724017
I'll wait and see where he lands next season(provided his results justify it).
>>
>>76723853
https://youtu.be/BO28caMvRJo
>>
>>76724050
speaking of results.
who do you think will be out next season?
it's probably to early to speculate, but I'm curious.

I bet Castroneves and/or Kanaan will retire to running Indy only. maybe both of them.

also I think if Daly and Kimball don't drastically step up their game, they'll be out too.
>>
>>76724285
>Kimball
He brings in all those huge diabeetus dollars though.
>>
>>76724285
>I bet Castroneves and/or Kanaan will retire to running Indy only. maybe both of them.
they will never retire, they are eternal.

Helio to win his 4th indy 500 in 2077. Calling it now.
>>
>>76724285
Ed Jones in Helio's seat when
>>
>>76724481
yeah but Max Chilton has a ton of money too but he at least lead a bunch of laps of the 500. Kimball is shit

this is why Penske is a better team than Ganassi, Roger doesn't deal with shitty pay drivers. you deliver results, or you're done. Chip seems more willing to let a mediocre driver keep a seat if they have the financial backing.
>>76724483
RoboCastroneves
>>
>>76719374
i mean, munoz is consistently putting that thing 4-5 places ahead of conor it seems like
>>
>>76724667
he is indeed
Munoz got fucked hard by Andretti when they traded him to Foyt for Sato. he deserves a better team than Foyt for sure.

Daly, however needs to step up his game big time.
>>
who do you guys think would drive RLL's second car if they decided to add one? Servia full time?
>>
>>76724640
>this is why Penske is a better team than Ganassi
That's a tough argument to make. Both have been very successful over the years...

Penske has tons of cash because he can attract sponsors just fine on his own (or just embezzle it from his truck renting business).

Ganassi, by taking pay drivers, can just do some creative accounting and get the same effect. Albeit, his approach results in fewer successful drivers on the team.
>>
>>76724741
who do you think WOULD, or who do you think SHOULD?

Servia is a possibility for "would". t b h I don't think he's as impressive as some say. he has a Marco Andretti-tier record.

as far as "should", they should get a promising rookie. plenty of those. also maybe Gutierrez if he does well for Coyne. but I don't think you can really count him as a real rookie.
>>
>>76724769
>over the years
I'm talking about right now.
Penske has 4 proven race winners.

Ganassi has Dixon, probably the best driver in the series; Kanaan, good when he doesnt crash half the field, but not Dixon level; and then 2 pay drivers that haven't won any races.

I would argue that if it wasn't for Dixon, Ganassi would be behind Andretti in good drivers.
>>
>>76723057

Can't wait for Indycar en Espanol presentado por Pemex® y Taco Bell.

(Indycar in spic presented by Pemex and Taco Bell)
>>
File: 1498093505748.jpg (35KB, 583x439px) Image search: [Google]
1498093505748.jpg
35KB, 583x439px
LEAFS OUT OF INDY
>>
>>76725816
fuck you Hinch is based
>>
File: 0983456456.jpg (14KB, 355x266px) Image search: [Google]
0983456456.jpg
14KB, 355x266px
>>76725816
fuck the leafs.
>>
>>76721260
>probably more Germans and Norwegians here than Germany and Norway
Shhhh. Don't say that too loudly or the UN will dump 100,000 "refugee children" on you.
>>
>>76726058
oh yeah, you're right, sshh.

YEAH, LIKE I WAS SAYING, WE HAVE A BUNCH OF HISTORICALLY DISADVANTAGED MINORITIES HERE, NO WORRIES, WE GOT OUR DIVERSITY QUOTA FILLED, PLUS THEY'RE ALL BRAVE LGBT PEOPLE, SUCH DIVERSITY, SO PROGRESSIVE, FUCK TRUMP, ETC. ETC.
>>
File: Leafs fans suffer (2).jpg (45KB, 480x316px) Image search: [Google]
Leafs fans suffer (2).jpg
45KB, 480x316px
>>76726051
You'd fit right in in Toronto.
>>
>>76725816

Hinch is likable, but the other FUCKING LEAF can go get a dog blowjob.
>>
>>76726714
he's a DTM driver that just did practice today for Aleshin while he was getting back to America. he's out of the car now. Aleshin will be driving from now on. calm down. why are you so butthurt
>>
>>76653866
Women may have different unique obstacles they have to overcome to be as quick as a man, but there really is no difference. It's all just a matter of sample size; there is a huge disparity between the number of male and female race drivers that will never be bridged; not because of discrimination or sexism, but because there are just way less women who have the interest.

Christina Nielsen, Katherine Legge, Janet Gutherie, Michelle Mouton and others have all put down lap times faster than their male competitors in the right equipment.
>>
>>76727875
I bet Legge would be out racing some of the full time male drivers if she was still racing Indy cars.
>>
>>76697655
>>76697483
>Narrow
I wouldn't go that far. Turn 1 and Canada corner both have quite large paved runoff.

No doubt still an old school, fast as hell road course though.
>>
>>76701166
Dixon is still the class of the field. TK must be starting to get desperate for a win, Kimball style.
>>
File: 1492354427091.png (261KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492354427091.png
261KB, 600x400px
>>76720561
>rooting for Rahal
He's overly confident, whines and blames his team constantly, and only got to where he is because of his daddy's money.

I could tolerate him more if it wasn't for all three of these factors together.
>>
>>76724741
ed jones

Coyne is going to love Gutierrez's slim bucks and he'll stay with Bourdais in the main car. Jones will be left out in the cold
>>
>2017
>IndyCar still don't have Pastor Maldonado on the grid
Sad!
>>
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/141716-indycar-video-friday-road-america-recap
Miller and Pruett's Friday Recap.
>>
Will Power king of facial expressions is your 2017 champ

>>76728421
>Rahlole
>>
File: image.jpg (214KB, 1200x783px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214KB, 1200x783px
Mikhail is at Road America.
Hopefully he isn't too jetlagged today.
>>
>>76733778

>Tfw /our guy/ made it back
>>
Sam hornish jr is racing in the xfinity race tonight for any penskefags
>>
File: 1498311390007.jpg (30KB, 265x417px) Image search: [Google]
1498311390007.jpg
30KB, 265x417px
>>76728421
>rooting

kek

>for Rahal

I couldn't care less about Ray Hall.
I support any driver who drives for /team Traps for Troops/
>>
File: IMG_20170624_114245.jpg (434KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170624_114245.jpg
434KB, 2048x1365px
*blocks your path*
>>
practice in 10 bings on the youtube, quali in 3 bongs on nbcsn
>>
>>76736868
cool it will, we get it you like traps
>>
penske sweep incoming
>>
File: KOHLER-Grand-Prix.jpg (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
KOHLER-Grand-Prix.jpg
1MB, 3000x2000px
just a preview of what you can expect tomorrow
[spoiler]stay mad posse[/spoiler]
>>
STREAM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsKiGjm85Lg
>>
>Rossi
>Chilton
>all these F1 rejects excelling in IndyCart

Pretty embarrassing for IndyCart desu
>>
File: PC22_Penske.jpg (597KB, 1750x1082px) Image search: [Google]
PC22_Penske.jpg
597KB, 1750x1082px
>>
ALOTION is gonna win faggots
>>
>>76737701
>COMPUTERVISION
>>
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BEACHED
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>"the two biggest stories from the Indy500, Takumo Sato and Scott Dixon"

MFW this delusion
>>
newgarden getting fired

no personal sponsors, other seats already taken. next year he'll be in PWC if he's lucky
>>
Red flag
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-06-25-02h22m26s803.jpg (374KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-06-25-02h22m26s803.jpg
374KB, 1280x720px
>>76737951
>>
>>76737980
*destroys every engine he touches*
>>
>>76737988
who would take his seat?
>>
>>76738138
Alonso
>>
>>76738138
nobody. penske downsizing to 3 cars. Maldonado will take Helio's spot after retirement.
>>
>>76738138
Ed Jones pls
>>
>>76738138

If history has taught us anything: Joylen Palmer.

:^)
>>
>>76738278
Penske doesn't deal with shitty pay drivers like most teams. Either you win or youre out. I could see him on a different team though lol
>>
>>76738201
>>76738201
>>76738201
NEW
>>
>>76738370

You had one job:
>>76738497
Thread posts: 500
Thread images: 112

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.