[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

State of the NBA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3

File: nba-logo.jpg (24KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
nba-logo.jpg
24KB, 500x487px
Honestly I'm pretty much over it.

I was a Lakers fan in the 90s and it was a great time to be an NBA fan... you had teams like the Lakers themselves with Nick the Quick, Eddie Jones, etc, and they were fun to watch, it was a blast to watch them play and I even met a few of them in person. Even though they didn't win it all, in some ways I liked those teams more than the championship teams.

Shaq was great too when he came, all the teams were good and people played hard...

Then the 2000s came and they won their championship, and two others... and everything I think kind of changed, also with Kobe. Suddenly it was all about winning and championships, people ignored all the other players, Stockton and Malone... Gary Payton Shawn Kemp and the Sonics.

Allen Iverson and the Sixers... Clyde the Glide for Portland and Hakeem the dream and the Rockets..

I used to know all the players and all their kind of nicknames. Even the older players.. the big O Oscar Robertson, Wilt the Stilt, Zeke from Cabin Creek.

But honestly I think after that Lakers bit and the aftermath... it just didn't feel the same, even those 2 championships with Pau Gasol were more depressing than anything, like they just had to win to satisfy Kobe and that's all there was to it, it didn't matter about the fun or enjoyment, just winning.

Things got even worse also with the Spurs and others, everyone just wanted to build a Dynasty, even though the Celtics and Lakers things just kinda happened, it wasn't the point per se.

The Suns did a lot of this, also, and were just kinda breaking rules like the influx of foreign players.. I mean I get it you bring in an established 29 year old Argentinian player they're going to be really good and give you an advantage, if you all you care about is winning like Gregg Poppafuck.
>>
>>76579236
It still felt like there was just some fun in the game though... now with the triple inferno of the Cavs, Heats and Warriors, though, I'd say the NBA is heading towards it's final run...

To be honest, now with gaming and stuff, I think a lot of sports have outlived their purpose... they were meant to be fun and playful but a lot of them were constrained by rules and limitations, whereas gaming is more limitless. So I think gaming will start to replace of what the NBA was perhaps... and the NBA itself? Yeah... I think it just starts declining in popularity, nobody wants to be a part of this ultra sadist fest that it has become...

Like many things, things were always possible to turn around, and I feel like 2017 for some reason was that year, but it's too late... just too late...
>>
>>76579241
LeGoat will save the NBA. Don't lose faith my son.
>>
File: pp.png (77KB, 154x211px) Image search: [Google]
pp.png
77KB, 154x211px
>>76579236
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.