[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[sport] changes rule

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: smug.jpg (105KB, 859x755px)
smug.jpg
105KB, 859x755px
If your sport has ever in history changed the rules because of 1 player, it's not a real sport
>>
>>76573048
>bosman rule

well there goes divegrass
>>
>>76573052
That's not a rule, that's a European law
>>
File: 1485008311949.jpg (11KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1485008311949.jpg
11KB, 250x241px
>>76573052
lmao just read about this guy on wikipedia

>Some of his money was lost due to a bad investment in a special T-shirt line. Bosman hoped that the players who benefited from the Bosman ruling would support him by buying one of his "Who's the Boz' T-shirts. He sold only one, to the son of his lawyer. In order to pay his taxes, he was forced to sell his second house and his Porsche Carrera.[4]
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9cm_HpvlI4

Syracuse's Gary Gait, one of the greatest lacrosse players ever, discovered an exploit in how the crease used to work. Twice in one game he "dunked" the ball in the lacrosse net from behind by running and jumping over the crease. There was no rule saying the crease existed anywhere but on the ground itself, so as long as he didn't make bodily contact with the ground or net the goals stood.

Both of the exploit goals are in the video above. The rules on how the crease works were subsequently changed.
>>
>>76573202
jim brown rule is more interesting imo

>Brown is considered one of the greatest lacrosse players of [his] time. His senior season he led Syracuse to an undefeated season as the team went 10-0, and was co-leader of the national scoring championship. Brown was so dominant in the game, that they changed the rules requiring a lacrosse player to keep his stick in constant motion when carrying the ball. He was a two-time All American Midfielder.
>>
>>76573048
So, every sport?
>>
>>76573307
Except football
>>
>>76573361
what about the implementation of red and yellow cards
>>
File: 8a9.jpg (26KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
8a9.jpg
26KB, 600x401px
Sorry, college football
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tebow#.22The_Tebow_Rule.22
>>
>>76573361
>in b4 goal line technology
>>
>>76573381
what single player, specifically, caused it?
>>
>>76573401
me :)
or maybe leonel sanchez's sick punch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5jVMSlpZhg
>>
I'm pretty sure you can't stay in the paint for 3 seconds because of Wilt Chamberlain

So there goes that
>>
>>76573421
I miss being able to kick and stomp on players until they pussied out and gave me the ball
>>
>>76573423
they should honestly get rid of the 3 second rule, the NBA sucks now that it's all 3 pointers and jump shots, we need some dominant post-up players again
>>
>>76573717
did you play in the 60's?
are you pele?
>>
K1 is shit, SHIT!

the only legitimate kickboxing ruleset is muay thai!
>>
There was a goalkeeper in early days of football who used to take his goal kicks at the middle of the field and eventually got the rule changed because of him. I think he played for West Ham.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.