[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baseball fans: what attracts you to the sport?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3253.jpg (114KB, 640x1088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3253.jpg
114KB, 640x1088px
What do you like about it?
>>
I enjoyed playing it as a kid and now I live vicariously through my favorite players/team.
More seriously though it's an incredibly comfy sport and I find the art of pitching fascinating.
>>
No clock, no flopping, it's smarter than most other sports, different rules on same leagues (MLB, NPB), different ballparks, baseball caps, team effort is for preventing scoring and not scoring.
>>
>>76568109
It's definitely the most satisfying sport to analyze, only rivaled by American Football.

I also love the bombs.
>>
>>76568109
the aesthetic of going to an outdoor event, in the crowd, of subtle talk and cracks of the bat being played on a fresh cut lawn
>>
I tried to watch it once and found it quiet boring. I really like watching football but baseball didn't do it for me, should I give it another go?
>>
>>76568109
Comfiest sport
>>
>>76568295
>found it quiet boring
Irish education
>>
>>76568320
>Comfiest sport

Why comfiest?
>>
>>76568490
comfy is code for boring
>>
>>76568109
BBRRRRAAAAAAAPPPP
>>
>>76568295
>should I give it another go?

Yes especially by going to a game. A game.
>>
post more fat asses in baseball pants
>>
>>76568490
Because it has a slow pace. The best way to watch baseball is at the park with a beer chatting with a buddy. Or filling out a score sheet and listening on the radio if you're alone.
>>
File: IMG_2682.jpg (66KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2682.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
>>76568668
>post more fat asses in baseball pants
>>
>>76568109
baseball is massively popular in NYC, Boston, Chicago and LA.. that's all you need to be very successful in the US
>>
you PLAY baseball. anyone can play. everyone can play. it's the most fun to play.
you should attend (in person) a baseball game like you're going to a big outdoor (or indoor i guess) beer-garden/carnival/festival or you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
baseball isn't a spectator sport. never was.
>>
>>76568609
This. Baseball and hockey are 100x better in person.
>>
File: IMG_2798.jpg (106KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2798.jpg
106KB, 500x500px
>>
File: IMG_2690.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2690.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>
>>76568295
I think baseball is a terrible sport to watch on TV. Going to a game or throwing it on the radio as background noise is great though
>>
File: IMG_2674.jpg (246KB, 1024x1335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2674.jpg
246KB, 1024x1335px
>>
>>76569556
sauce?
>>
>>76569580
>sauce?

What do you mean by sauce?
>>
File: IMG_2687.jpg (346KB, 2048x1423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2687.jpg
346KB, 2048x1423px
>>
Baseball is misunderstood because it is more of a strategy game than an action game. It gets exciting because of the suspenseful situations your team can end up. Like you're down 4-1 in the last inning but their closing pitcher is getting tired, so you get 2 guys on base with 0 outs. So then if the guy at bat hits a home run the game is tied and goes on, but even if he doesn't in this situation there's a really good chance for a comeback knocking them in run by run.
>>
Baseball is great if you love stats and history. No other sport even comes close to approaching the complexity of baseball stats or the history of the game.

Here is a 13 min video about the story of Walter Johnson, one of the greatest pitchers who ever played, finally winning the World Series in 1924 one of his last seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDwZNmIzRFU

Then you have stuff like Reggie Jackson hitting 3 home runs, 2 of them bombs, in one game in the World Series. A rare feat, but not unheard of. But then consider all 3 home runs were off the first pitch. Then consider they were off 3 different pitchers. Here's a short video showing all 3. The last one is the longest to dead center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDMYVtzHGuI
>>
Bay-ball
>>
everyone in this thread must be new. this creep has been posting this guy on here asking "what do you think about his butt" for literally like 4 years now. he even branched out to /fit/

i think he either cucked this guy, or a girl he creeps on from school or something said she likes baseball butts so now he's obsessed
>>
If you're actually into it there is always something happening, every pitch is important, the sequencing etc. But at the same time it's something you can put on in the background and not really miss much

Also as others have said the stats and history are great if you're autistic, even if you're not it's nice to see a lot of easily comparable stats between players.

Also the 1v1 matchups between the pitcher and batter is something not really seen in other team sports that I really like. Seeing the pitcher get the big strikeout or the hitter get the big hit, either is clutch as fuck. Flashy individual plays are relatively common compared to other sports I think, whether it's a home run, strikeouts, or defensive plays which are my favorite. I'll take an elite fielding play over anything.

Being a NEET I also like that I can watch baseball every day often all day and really follow the sport via all the stats also.
>>
>>76568295
pick the Red Sox, follow them for a month, you'll love it
>>
Comfy. Great way to spend an afternoon and an especially great date night. Almost always on TV after dinner. The game itself is okay. I don't enjoy it more than football, but it still has its ups and downs.
>>
It's the only sport I watch and in my opinion only one that should be watched.
>>
>>76568179
Please elaborate. Besides the pitcher/hitter matchup, I don't know what else you can analyze.
>>
>>76570958
vs. lefties, vs. rights, RISP, clutch, overall, and that's not including nerds stats multiplied by those stats...plus park effects
>>
>>76568109
It's comfy.

There's so many games that you can watch at anytime.

Good to put on if there's nothing else on TV.

Going to a game you can tailgate and get drunk and eat with bros before the game.

One of the most American ways to celebrate freedom.
>>
>>76570958
It's such a stats-obsessed sport, yet there is also a lot of luck involved. It's fascinating to try and make sense of a player's streaky performance, which could have to do with ballpark dimensions, weather, strength of competition, or straight luck.
>>
-Probably the most fun sport to play
-There are so many statistics in the game that makes it the best sport to analyze
-By far the best value when going to a sporting event. For my local team the LA Dodgers, you can get good seats for $10 on stubhub as long as it isn't some meme bobblehead day. Not only that, but the whole ballpark experience is very pleasurable. Even spring training or minor league games offer a great experience.

Now yes, it's mostly boring on TV. I cannot sit on the edge of my seat for 3-4 hours to watch baseball. Although it's the perfect game to have on the background when doing other shit around the house.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.