[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1419.jpg (49KB, 610x406px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1419.jpg
49KB, 610x406px
His last at bat was a work, right?
>>
>Play in steroid era when everyone hits 60-80 HRs

>Hit singles

>Have bottom tier range at your defensive position

>ESPN names you greatest player in any sport since historical records have been kept
>>
>>76541240
Well that's because he's an MLB poster boy who didn't bring any negative media attention who stuck with one team their entire career. Of course they're going to magnify and exaggherate his entire career.

BUT WAS HIS LAST BAT A WORK??
>>
File: 1384404492626.png (248KB, 449x500px)
1384404492626.png
248KB, 449x500px
>>76541240
>everyone hits 60-80 HRs
>>
>>76541316

are you going to be the faggot pitcher who walked jeter at his last AB at yankee stadium? no, you're going to throw strikes no matter what
>>
>>76541618
i would have fuckig beaned him in the ass
>>
>>76541618
I would've thrown a 100mph pitch at his head and killed him instantly
>>
Baseball is probably the hardest sport to rig

>basketball call foul on any play
>football call holding or pass inferefernece, cant be challenged
>soccer a red card completely changes the game, penalties too

Even if you get a corrupt as fuck umpire, he can only really call the occasional ball a strike or vice versa, and MAYBE if things get heated he can eject a star player. But that shit wasnt rigged. Didnt they blow the lead in the 9th? Better to send him off with a win then a L.

The only 'rigged' thing Ive ever seen was more heartfelt. After Jose Fernandez's death, Bartolo Colon, whos been in the majors forever, gave up a HR to the first batter. It was Dee Gordons first career HR in like 3 seasons. Colon gave it up to make a memorable moment. Like he gives a shit about one random HR hurting his ERA or whatever.
>>
>>76541709
It's hard as shit to rig a home run. Especially when the hitter isn't a home run hitter. You still have to make good contact on an 88+ mph fastball.
>>
File: 1494110463027.jpg (3KB, 83x126px) Image search: [Google]
1494110463027.jpg
3KB, 83x126px
>>76541316

>who didn't bring any negative media attention

Because the U.S. corporate media just reports what true with no bias. Especially life-long Yankee fans like Bob Costas, who asked a national TV audience why the Patriots "spygate" scandal was "dying down" in the media a full 4 months after the non-story broke with zero new developments since then.

You're pathetic.
>>
>>76541709
tldr
>>
>>76541240
He has a career .817 OPS. Only other hall of famers higher are Honus Wagner .858 OPS, Joe Cronin .857 OPS, and Ernie Banks .830 OPS.
>>
>>76541640
>>76541697
/ourguys/
>>
>>76541769
>Sports media wouldn't love to break a story that takes down the face of baseball in an era already plagued by scandal
Do you really believe this?
>>
>>76541129
>>76541316

Don't think it was collusion but I'm sure the pitcher grooved him one like adam wainwright in the all star game.
>>
File: fhjgfdsfghjkhgfd.jpg (35KB, 421x465px) Image search: [Google]
fhjgfdsfghjkhgfd.jpg
35KB, 421x465px
>>76541755
Here's the sequence

keep in mind Gordon is a lefty, and batted from the right side for the first pitch as a tribute to Fernandez from the left hand side
sequence was slider, fastball, fastball

Bartolo seemed to just give it up
>>
>>76541915
I'm not saying it wasn't a hittable pitch, but saying that it was rigged isn't grounded in reality. Dee Gordon is not a home run hitter, and never has been. Not even in batting practice does he hit home runs consistently. That's a lot of faith to put in Gordon to hit a home run when there's no valid reason to have that much faith in him to do it.

Also, the Mets were in the heat of an intense Wild Card race with a historically bad offense, so purposely giving up a home run because muh storyline could've had detrimental effects on the Mets' postseason chances.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.