[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thank you for always believing in me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

You da real mvp, /sp/
>>
File: snake.jpg (56KB, 793x694px) Image search: [Google]
snake.jpg
56KB, 793x694px
>>76533178
>>
>>76533178
Sarcastic post right?
>>
File: KD Cupcake.jpg (337KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
KD Cupcake.jpg
337KB, 1600x900px
>>76533178
Congratulations Cupcake
>>
Why is the narrative like "He did it" or "He earned it" or "He is vindicated by this win"?

No -- the whole point was that, by making this move, everyone knew you were going to win. Getting finals MVP and putting up great numbers doesn't matter, you would've done that for OKC if you stuck with them anyway. You always had those numbers, you always had the talent, but you didn't believe in -yourself-.

The idea that it's like "I silenced the haters by winning with the team that everyone knew I was gonna win with" is soooo retarded and it's getting shoved down our throats already by Nike and shit because they really wanna market this dynasty and can't do it with the fucking hateable roster that is GSW.

And I actually really liked Durant prior to this move.
>>
>>76533178
Cheapest championship ever.
>>
>>76533584
Green:
>hey bro wanna play on the greatest team of all time?
Durant:
>naw man I'd rather keeping losing in okc

If Oklahoma made more of an effort to keep harden, or was willing to pay the luxury tax and actually go all in for a championship, he would have stayed. As it stood there was no way he was getting through golden state or cleveland before he retires
>>
>>76533584
>Getting finals MVP and putting up great numbers doesn't matter, you would've done that for OKC if you stuck with them anyway. You always had those numbers, you always had the talent, but you didn't believe in -yourself-.
lmao
>>
>>76533584
Fucking this, that commercial made me cringe so hard. Literally all Durant proved with this win is that by adding a top 2 player in the league to a 73 win team, parity goes out of the league. Was this shocking to anyone? Was anyone REALLY surprised that they won?

Durant didn't prove his haters wrong, he proved them right. The knock on him was that he couldn't carry a team to win a championship, and they were absolutely right. You think if Lebron James missed 6 weeks of the season the Cavs would run away with the 1st seed? You think Kevin Durant could take that sorry ass Cavs team to the Finals with only 1 loss? Durant was tired of being told he couldn't be Lebron, so he went to the one team in the league where he wouldn't have to be.
>>
>>76533687
There were 28 other teams anon.

He picked the one who had 73 wins and beat him.

Bitch move is a bitch move.
>>
>>76533687
You can't have Brodie/Durant/Harden on the same team tho famalam. They should have sold Harden OR Brodie and gotten a good deal for it, then build from there. As it stands they took shit deals slowly bleeding money and talent in an attempt to make things fit. You're up 3-1 in the conference finals my man, things fit.
>>
>>76533710
NBA/Nike marketing is so cringe.

It's over the top and tacky.
>>
File: 1497328405300.jpg (114KB, 1152x974px) Image search: [Google]
1497328405300.jpg
114KB, 1152x974px
stay salty
>>
>>76533178
That's a nice picture of a happy Durant

Good for him
>>
>>76533786
Literal empty slogans is all you shills have.
>>
>>76533730
well ya, why would he leave an already playoff-ready team to play for a worse one? You dont move down you move up. Ring chasing isn't a new thing, and it certainly isn't new in basketball. But oh ya, that's right, when Lebron does it, it's ok, when Love does it, it's ok, when Shaq does, it's ok, when Barkley does it, it's ok.

As I said, I put the blame squarely on OKC's ownership/management for losing Durant. They weren't willing to spend the money and go all in for a ship, they were happy just making the playoffs and losing while they cashed cheques off of westbrook and durant's merit
>>
>>76533794
Stop samefagging shill
>>
>>76533786
"Finals Record" is such an anti-Bron meme. Literally dude gets to the finals SO MUCH that people need to find a way to hate on it.

What's Durant's "seasons he made the finals vs. seasons he was in the league" record? Hell, throw the word consecutive in there too, to match LeBron.
>>
>>76533584
really good post you actually nailed it
its so cringeworthy seeing people act like he's vindicated
>>
>>76533178
glorified ray allen in his ring chasing days hahahahaha
>>
>>76533584

Trying to control the narrative.
They think if they repeat it enough times then they'll just make enough noise that drowns out all opposition.
>>
>>76533818
Please.

If he had joined say the Wizards and won, he'd be getting a ton of respect right now.

What he did isn't worthy of respect.

The whole thing was cheap and against the spirit of sport.
>>
>>76534371
"spirit of sports" is just something people who have never won anything tell themselves to feel better about losing
>>
>>76533687
Green:
>hey bro, here's my dick pic
Durant:
>nice... can i join your team? it's not like i need 82 milli. Westbrook sucks :emoji face:

makes you wonder about game 5, cavs lose by 9 would da land have won if Green would have been rightfully suspended? ref call went both ways, the league just wanted to make sure the Warriors won at home in front of the fans while the owner cashed in an extra 11 million plus fan expenses on ticket sells, beer and parking

too many what ifs but what i do know is LeBron Bron outplayed the warriors on each 3 of the trilogy
>first mvp goes to iggy who only got recognized for his late series defense on LeBron who was on fire throughout the series could have won the mvp but they don't like awarding it to the losing team, curry could have won it but he didn't show up for the first few games LeBron was a better choice but understandable not to win it
>LeBron gets recognized as the mvp for leading his team in each stat categories and actually winning the trophy thanks to Irving's killing blow
>LeBron still out played everyone even when KD made him look silly on defense but KD had the luxury to sit back and let his team help him especially when they had an actual good coach in Kerr that can call out plays as opposed to Lou while LeBron had to lead the team hence why he got loads of garbage time stat padding numbers but it's still impressive to average a triple double

the state of warriors fans right now must be happy but they have sold their souls

players will now start forming super teams for whichever market has cap space. if they don't mega beta move will be taking a huge pay cut like Durant did.

League should at least put in place a rule % that you can't go under for players not to undersell themselves while making it just a little bit more challenging to form these super teams
>>
>>76534880
didnt read lmao
>>
>>76534880
part 2 of rant

and Heat and Warriors were not the same. Heat had 3 max contract players hence why they got low mid level guys to fallout the roster while the Warriors got lucky in the draft and got Iggy (only Iggy move can be compared to Bosh and LeBron's move) but each player should be getting a max contract soon and Snake Durant forfeited his contract to play with another MVP. Let's see what he does for he upcoming contract.

The USA team should got back to play Amateurs because it's during international play that these players begin scheming.

>>76533710
like this post
>>
>>76534625
Nigga plz

You shills can go fuck yourselves

Done with this joke league
>>
>>76535043
You act like the Cavs wouldn't get better players if they had the option. They overpaid Tristan Thompson and it back fired on them. But but but SUPER TEAMS. If James was a better gm he would have formed a better team out of the Heat. He didn't need another max guy to dominate the league at the time. Let's not mention he got blasted my the old ass Mavs and Spurs! Both teams superstars 3+ years out of their prime. Then he forms another great team I'm Cleveland and people get butthurt when the warriors one up him. Get over it. Nobody likes the warriors, but cut the whining out.
>>
>>76533584
A sizable amount of /r/nba's "power users" are nike, adidas, nba controlled accounts that use their influence to direct thread opinions and narrative. Same with Twitter.

This might be the only place where we are free from that or at least it's very obvious when it's happening.
>>
File: 1463177919774.jpg (85KB, 483x512px) Image search: [Google]
1463177919774.jpg
85KB, 483x512px
>>76533845
LeBron had a lot of trouble getting past the celtics early in his career. But as soon as that ship sunk the east has been a joke. The only real contention LeBron has had in the east the past 7 years were the Pacers v. Heat and having Wade+Bosh cinched those matchups. Toronto has only been regressing in how they stack up against him.

He would not have this many consecutive finals appearances if he were in the West. Even before the Warriors, he wouldn't consistently beat the past Thunder, Lakers before Kobe's legs blewout, Spurs, Clips, hell even the Mavs in 2011 as we saw.

If anything it shows we should abolish conferences since we have a team in Tennessee playing Portland regularly and just take the top 16 teams based on record and have them play it out. That way we avoid 10+ years of multiple sub .500 teams showing up in the lEast and some West teams can catch a break.
>>
>>76535999
>East is a joke
>Cavs were second seed
>Warriors make finals three years in a row
Really makes you think
>>
>>76533818
>why would he leave an already playoff-ready team
Exactly
>>
>>76533584
>>76533710
This
>>
>"1st" seed only made it to ECF because Olynk put on his Mario hat and was shooting lights out for game 7
>Implying OKC/Memeirros wasn't hype last year despite Kobr and Durant chokes
>Implying the Spurs, the most consistent team in Basketball for the past 2 decades wouldn't crush LeBron.
>Meanwhile teams with 31 wins can make playoffs in the East

Sparking my neurons senpai, don't @ me
>>
File: i.jpg (36KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
36KB, 750x422px
I never doubted in you, future goat
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.