[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On a scale from Tiki-taka to Kick&Rush what sort of football

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: realmadrid.jpg (30KB, 600x294px) Image search: [Google]
realmadrid.jpg
30KB, 600x294px
On a scale from Tiki-taka to Kick&Rush what sort of football did Real Madrid play this season?
>>
Tap-in&Peno
>>
>>76490044
Is that closer to TT or closer to K&R?
>>
counter and offside
>>
Shit football who relied on 1 million crosses and a Toni kroos set pieces.

The play style did improved when Isco replaced Bayol but still shit and not fun to watch at all.
>>
>>76490000 (checked)
>>
Madrid never really tried to insititute a certain playing style throughout its history. Barcelona, on the other hand, has been cultivating the Cruyffian take on total football since the late '80s. Speaking of Zidane, he's been greatly influenced by Ancelotti and it shows especially in how Zinedine deals with rotations.
>>
File: azar.jpg (391KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
azar.jpg
391KB, 1024x1024px
anyone else kind of fed up with the CL?

all the elite teams are so close to each other that the competition is literally decided by having the most little things going your way, be it 50/50 calls, straight up refball or just general luck in the game or with injuries

watching Arsenal get skullfucked and the entire Manchester City - Monaco tie were the only two entertaining and memorable moments of the entire season for me.
>>
>>76490971
*CL season, obviously

domestic leagues and cups are still fun to watch
>>
They played good football

Controlling the midfield
Moderately high defensive line
Attack oriented full backs
All kind of styles in offense, but but mostly quick transition forward
Modric played very quickly forward often using Benzema as a false 10
Classic triangle plays on the wings (especially left wing)

Nothing revolutionary. They also play great counter attacking football
>>
>>76490850
But Ancelotti didn't rotate at all when managing RM. He didn't win anything in his second season because he played the same team a million times in a row and everyone was dead by January.
>>
>>76490971
Which are these elite teams?
I am asking because the answer is usually Real, Juve, Barca, Bayern and none of the Juve-Barca, Bayern-Madrid or Madrid-Juve were close.
>>
>>76491157
Surprisingly they weren't as reliant on the counter as they have been in previous seasons. Their biggest strengths were a stacked midfield and physical superiority, aided by a very talented bench.

Kroos and Modric were godly, specially late in the season. They would take complete control of the flow of the game. Casemiro would cover their backs giving them freedom to move up, press high to recover the ball on the opponent's half. The fullbacks were also key, often both of them going up to attack at the same time thus overwhelming defenses. It also mattered that they probably have the best two fullbacks in the world right now. Or maybe they just really shine in their playing style.

They played with lots of intensity to tire out the opponents and scored lots of goal in the last 20 minutes. This, combined with great players coming out from the bench late in the match meant that it was really hard to beat them. They turned around may games with last minute goals this way.

All the secondary players were really important too. In some occassions Zidane would rotate almost all of the team at once. On matches against smaller Spanish teams he would start with only 2 or 3 players from the typical starting 11 and they would still dominate the match.

They also improved on defense. Zidane managed to get all those lazy star players to actually get involved and track back, they would often defend with 8 or 9 players when they didn't have the ball.

It was a masterful season by Zidane. Totally rate him.
>>
>>76490000
shit tons of crosses
>>
>>76490971

5 CL teams next season La, Chelsea/United/liverpool usually do great on European competitions so who knows.
>>
>>76490000
Total football. They could play tiki-taka but without the boredom of 90min side passes, they could play defense&counter attack Mou style, they were good at set plays.

It's crazy that a team has 10 players out of 11 in the field who can score
>>
>>76491683
He didn't had this squad desu
>>
It's a Marcelo plays a ball into the box and Ronaldo taps it in episode
>>
>>76491959
Good post senpai

I wouldn't bet against Madrid making a deep run in next years CL assuming they replace Pepe with another God tier defender, they'll be told they red to match Ajax/Bayern in the 70's winning 3 in a row

The core of this team is going to function at this level for another 2-3 seasons I reckon, as long as they keep a few key positions healthy I don't think anyone can stop them when they play as a team

That's my biggest worry though, defence

Danilo is absolute shit, worst player in the team. They need a better reserve RB in case carvajal gets hurt, and they need a new CB as cover/to replace Verane

If Ramos and Carvajal are injured at the same time the back line is going to be fucking useless, Verane needs a solid partner to babysit him

Contreo is a solid player so he can cover for Marcelo, desu I'm suprised he didn't fill in for carvajal, so what if it's the wrong side
>>
>>76491811
well Bayern-Madrid 3:3 after 180min with Bayern two times down to 10 men is close enough for me
>>
>>76501367
There's Nacho who is Arbeloa on steroids and pretty solid at any defense position.
Coentrao is leaving but Zidane is calling 3 youngsters for the next pre-season.
Vallejo, Llorente and Theo.
>>
>>76501367
Oh they are definitely the favorite team to take the next CL. If they do things right they are capable of dominating the scene for a couple more seasons.

I agree that Danilo is the weakest link but apparently Zidane trusts him and he will get another chance. I believe he can do better. His performance did improve over the course of the season. Poor guy had a rough start and some unfortunate mistakes that destroyed his confidence and turned the fans against him. Maybe in better circumstances he can do more for the team.
>>
>>76502212
23-5 shots on target, bayern 0 goals from open play to 6
>>
>>76502808
Yeah Nacho is a great asset. He can cover any position in the defense. I'm not convinced about Vallejo, though. He's the youngest out of the three you mentioned and still needs to grow a lot. Pepe is the most solid and experienced CB on the team, i don't see how Vallejo is enough of a replacement for him.

The other two seem fine. Theo can take some of Marcelo's minutes in the less important matches. Llorente might end up fitting even better than Casemiro in their midfield. While Casemiro is a beast defending sometimes he looks out of place alongside players so technically gifted like Kroos, Modric or Isco. Llorente is better than him in this regard I believe.
>>
They're style is more about being patient and calm. This is why they scored so many goals past the 80 minute mark. No matter if they're up or down, they don't really stop creating chances until the match is over
>>
Friendly reminder ZiZou:
>used/tried at least 5 different formations throughout the season
>reinvented the cult of the 10 in Isco
>used some god-tier rotations
>kept trusting in Algerzema which paid off in crucial moments against Napolel and Patetico
>put Isco ahead of Bale in the Final played in Cardiff

Absolute madman, love him.
>>
Buy the best players and squeeze out a win
>>
>>76502808
>Vallejo
J U S T
>>
They're like Monaco with much better CBs. And stacked as fuck bench (Nacho for example).
>>
Early crosses to Poachnaldo.
>>
File: 1448411773080.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1448411773080.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>76506029
Bale was injured pretty much the whole season but I'm happy Isco shined. Was hoping for a RW hamez but things worked out in the end
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.