[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the least rigged sports? Tennis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 1496617341141-tv.jpg (59KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
1496617341141-tv.jpg
59KB, 640x560px
What are the least rigged sports? Tennis?
>>
Tennis is the most match fixed sport lmao are you kidding me. Players sell games, sets and matches all the time and it's easy as fuck since it's 1v1
>>
>>76450361

this

just look at djokovic, dude sold his career in his prime
>>
>>76450323
Curling
>>
Sailing
>>
>>76450361
That's only outside the top 50
>>
Cycling.
>>
>>76450381
>>76450389
>>76450401
OP asked for sports.
>>
>>76450400
Nope.
>Now, the allegations in the Cremona files cast doubt on tennis authorities’ claim that match-fixing is not systemic and that evidence is “historical”. Roberto Di Martino, the chief prosecutor, said fixing is a “worldwide problem” that happens “very frequently” at “all tournaments”.

>The files include references to at least 37 players, only eight of whom are Italian and 29 of whom have ranked in the top 50. Prosecutors are still combing through thousands of pages of evidence and say it is not yet clear how many of those named were actually approached or whether some rebuffed the fixers’ offers to throw matches. BuzzFeed News is only identifying players who are facing indictment in Italy.
>>
>>76450323
I've never seen a lacrosse game I thought was rigged, but then again it has such a small market nobody cares either way.
does it have to be a relevant sport? domestic leagues or international?

For example I would say the NHL is fairly low on rigging (despite butthurt /hoc/ posters mad their teams lost every year) but the IIHF (international tourney for Europeans) is always reffed heavily in favor of European teams; which I'd call heavy rigging.
So many things can be a factor. It can be the same sport but different league and have a different level of rigging.
>>
>>76450429
Man
>>
>>76450323
Hockey? I think hockey might be the only sport with a national league that isn't clearly fucking rigged half the time.
>>
Golf. Literally impossible to rig
>>
>>76450429
>only eight of whom are Italian
Fixnini confirmed
>>
>>76450429
fucking Italians
>>
>>76450538
This.
>>
>>76450323

the least rigged sport is golf on a micro level

on a macro level, its definitely hockey

not enough people care about hockey to rig it, and hockey is mostly luck when you get to ties and shit
>>
>>76450538
Not true. You can easily throw a game.
>>
>>76450602
>hockey isn't rigged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=415Rdmbg2Qc
>>
>>76450651
You can easily throw a game as an individual, but the question is hardest to rig. It's impossible to rig it in a way that one specific player wins the tournament. You would have to get every other player (93 or whatever the number is) to participate in the rigging, and the chances that they would never snitch after the fact, let alone even agree to do it in the first place, is 0%.
>>
>>76450323
MMA
lol
j/k
>>
>>76450538
>Golf. Literally impossible to rig
you're trying to be funny, right?
>>
File: sports league by revenue.jpg (142KB, 1600x994px) Image search: [Google]
sports league by revenue.jpg
142KB, 1600x994px
>>76450602
>not enough people care about hockey to rig it, >hockey is mostly luck when you get to ties and shit

please stop, lady
>>
>>76450730
Fair enough, but that's not how fixing is done anyway. The point of rigging sports is gambling.
There's no need to fix an entire competition when you can just fix certain parts of it and get the same result.
You could fix it so that a certain golfer goes over par on a certain hole for example. Impossible to detect, impossible to prevent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spot-fixing

No sport is immune to rigging.
>>
File: 1464811375103.png (292KB, 512x384px)
1464811375103.png
292KB, 512x384px
>>76450747
Please explain how you would rig a Golf tournament so that a player of your choice will win.
>>
>>76450696
lel
I don't think you understand what "rigged" means, bro.
>>
>>76450812
That's not how rigging works in sports -- you, you being organized crime, bets heavily against the favourite and the favourite takes a dive, so to speak.
>>
>>76450826
How many times does the favorite actually win in Golf?
>>
>>76450787
Can someone explain me why a league watched by less than 5m people, where the attendances are below 20,000/game and with franchises literally worth nothing (only twice of a MLS franchise), makes so much money?
>>
>>76450323
>Picks a sport that's one on one as being the hardest to rig
Just think about for a second
>>
>>76450496
Talking team sports I would say low end division 1 college basketball. I know some dudes that just focus on a couple shit-tier conferences and learn them like the back of their hand and take advantage of soft lines(because bookies don't put much into coming up with the lines on those). There has been point shaving scandals plus those players definitely aren't getting anything in the way of benefits. Ripe for fixing.
>>
>>76450323
Match-fixing is almost 100% how Michael Chang won a French open.
>>
>>76452322
Assuming you mean hockey. Those 20k are for 41 games plus playoffs whereas European soccer leagues have 18-20. Then you have to consider the average American able to go to a major sporting event is a lot richer than any other major country. On top of all that the average hockey is pretty well off and Americans are also dumbasses that like to make taxpayers fund part of their arenas somehow(in hockeys case a lot of times cities pass large hotel taxes to pay partially for the arena, etc because "lol someone else has to pay for it).

Then regarding mls there's 22 teams vs. the nhl having 30, so that adds to it, plus the upper tier nhl franchises are worth a lot more
>>
>>76450429
>only eight of whom are Italian
The Italians got smeared by this and that's pretty fucking funny, but
>29 of whom have ranked in the top 50
>have ranked
Matchfixing is usually done by players whose careers are over and they want to make some quick cash.
The only convictions have come for players outside the top 300. Notice all the press coverage of this has come from the prosecution's side.
Doping, however, is probably quite prevalent in tennis
>>
>>76450496
>the IIHF (international tourney for Europeans) is always reffed heavily in favor of European teams
>t. butthurt NA /hoc/ poster mad his team loses every year
>>
>>76450323
Golf seems pretty difficult to rig because of the sheer number of competitors and the limited markets (it's a lot harder for a golfer to say "I'm going to birdie the 8th hole" than for a footballer to kick the ball out for a throw-in within the first minute.)
>>
>>76450538
This. tennis is a close 2nd.
>>
>>76450323
>What are the least rigged sports?
The sport which makes the less money
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.