[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the current state of the NBA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

File: 1474228328858.jpg (63KB, 592x492px) Image search: [Google]
1474228328858.jpg
63KB, 592x492px
>the current state of the NBA
>>
the ABSOLUTE STATE
>>
>NBA
>sport

>>
Kings getting PTSD lmao

Nobody can't deny this shit isn't rigged now
>>
>Cavs got refball in first half
>Warriors got arguably worse than Kings tier help in quarter 3(that Draymond shit might be the most egregious reffing decision in history).

I know they usually make up for shit calls but damn
>>
This shit is so blatantly fucking rigged, and yet these dumb motherfuckers on social media immediately bust out the "hurr durr u mad warriors faan cry moar bro" whenever somebody criticizes or supposes that play might be augmented.
>>
>>76447906
Are you saying it's rigged for the Cavs? Have you watched the second half?
>>
>>76447831
1st quarter ref ball set the tempo. It was going to be THAT night. Hopefully, next game won't be WWE tier shit. But I'm not holding my breath. The league is already counting all that money up.
>>
I was going to give the nba a chance and try to get back into for next season with this game. W e w, never again.
>>
>>76448045
Oh fuck out of here. Home teams always get better calls. Warriors have gotten away with so much more in the second half. That Draymond shit right after the bs flagrant (2 of which warriors didn't get a call on for even more flagrant fouls) almost changed the momentum.
>>
it's embarrassing
>>
File: adam_silver.jpg (67KB, 1000x550px) Image search: [Google]
adam_silver.jpg
67KB, 1000x550px
>punch in the dick
>no foul

>start ejecting a player
>realize he doesn't have enough technicals

>cops on the court

>too many 3 pointers

>too much score
>>
>>76447968
You sound like you're under the impression that an NBA game that is being intentionally "poorly" officiated must necessarily be in favor of one time throughout the entirety of the game.

Is it not feasible to assume that there is a certain margin that they want the game to be won by, so that people can't outright claim that the refereeing was totally in favor of one team?

The don't want the warriors getting blown out by 75, they also don't want the foul differential to be 127 to 19. They alternate the officiating depending on the particular circumstances presented during the game, and more importantly, throughout the series, if not the regular season as well.
>>
>>76448152
The damage was already done by then. They gave em a huge cushion. You can't say that quarter wasn't complete garbage.
>>
>>76448195
This, this is not the NBA first rigging they have it down to a science they just went too far this game it's too obvious
>>
The NBA is a product, they want the best profitable outcome. Why do people turn to the NBA for genuine sporting competition? Watch the Olympics if you want that.
>>
>>76448174
LeBron gets to kick guys in the groin and walk over em.
>>
>>76448195
Get this lame ass shit out of here. Warriors benefitted waaaay more from reffing in this game. Cavs still outshot the fuck out of them. Refs gave em every chance to get back in the game.
>>
>>76448242
Better yet, stop watching spectator sports all together and go outside and be active. The joy of participating in competition always beats just watching, even if you're playing a sport you don't necessarily like.
>>
>>76448281
Yeah, them Cavs really didn't need that first quarter help, riiiiiight. They're just that good.
>>
File: 1398400125211.png (27KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1398400125211.png
27KB, 501x585px
>>76448281
>Warriors benefitted waaaay more from reffing in this game
>>
>>76448281
The Cavaliers can most certainty capable of beating the Warriors on any given night, but you're fucking delusional if you think this particular game and how it was played is an example of that occurring naturally.

You're especially retarded if you're claiming that rigging doesn't happen, and that there isn't plenty of evidence proving that it's been practiced in the past, and that it's practiced now, and likely will be practiced in the future as well.
>>
I've lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money... Or rating in not sure which. I wont be silent . Just saw it live sry
>>
File: 1411002989953.png (181KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
1411002989953.png
181KB, 320x480px
>>76447539
>the warriors play like assholes
>deserve like 5 flagrant fouls they didnt get
>refs give it everything they can to make the warriors win
>bandwagon retards like you cry on the internet
cavs 4-3 nigger
>>
>team A wins
>oh my god [insert Player] is ruining the league
>how dare they make a team this good

>team B wins
>oh my god [the refs] are ruining the league
>how dare they make calls to the best of their ability
>>
>>76448696
false equivocation
>>
why are the warriors so bad in closeout games?
>>
As a Bong not into apehoop, can somebody explain what happened? I like controversial shit.

Was a team suppose to win and got BTFO? Was refball in place? What happened? Dish you dirty bitches.
>>
>>76448926
1st quarter was a joke. End of.
>>
>>76448926
Did leicester throw games?
Did chelsea last yr?
We dont know forreal
U dont either
>>
>>76448926
Game was terribly officiated. 1st quarter was a joke. Technicals were called for nothing and then disappeared. Zaza punched somebody in the balls.
>>
>>76448926
The officiating was awful, I doubt it was refball, because the awfulness of the officiating was so random. The part where you could actually say "REFBALL" went against the team that actually would have needed the benefit of refball "cleveland." Essentially a tech was called on draymond early in the game, later when he got another technical (which was a total bullshit technical) they said "the first technical was on Steve Kerr" so draymond didn't get DQed. They also shit on the flow of the game when both GS and Cleveland were hot, they called random flagrant fouls but completely ignored obvious flagrant fouls, and the horrible calls benefited both teams
>>
can someone tell me what the f*ck these refs were doing tonight? i'm literally shaking STILL after the game just thinking about how many bad calls there were and the 800 stoppages
>>
>>76448926
A league with a horrible reputation of rigging games, which has been proven, did some incredibly sketchy refereeing tonight.

A few of the most egregious:
>A player got a 2nd technical called (2 technical fouls is like 2 yellows in soccer, you get ejected). They then LITERALLY changed the one earlier in the game to the COACH of the team, and said he only had one tech and that the earlier one was always on the coahc. The sideline reporter then did some investigating and found that that was a complete lie, and the official scoring table (where they keep track of these things) had him at 2 techs

> A dirty player with an awful reputation literally punched another player in the dick. No fouls called whatsoever

> The two technical player also should have had a flagrant for jumping on someone's fucking head, didn't get a single call on him.
>>
>>76448361
>>76448418
>>76448515
>FT Made-Attempted Warriors 27-36 / Cavs 21-31
Please, continue though.
>>
>>76449118
Yeah, that hot headstart was all Cleveland's doing. No help for them. Poor victims.
>>
>>76449211
refball =/= fouls
GS couldn't' stop fouling...and the refs didn't catch all of them either
>>
File: 1284984938405.jpg (18KB, 216x205px) Image search: [Google]
1284984938405.jpg
18KB, 216x205px
>>76449232
Y'all are too much. Can't even recognize your biases. I know you're mad as fuck but it's not gonna stick because it's bullshit. I can at least recognize Cavs got refball in their favor in the first half but Warriors got much more help in the 2nd half.
>>
>>76447666
Sadly
>>
>>76449254
Biases? I don't care who wins this series.
>>
>>76449331
You're probably lying to yourself too.
>>
File: trash.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
trash.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>that missed backcourt violation
were the refs drunk?
>>
>>76449339
The only person I hate more than Lebron James and Jr Smith is Draymond Green....I hate Curry too but either way it doesn't make me feel good to see any of them win
>>
>>76449358
lol, didn't they miss 2 or 3 backcourt violations? They missed a 8 second violation too...
>>
What would it take for you to stop watching the NBA?

NBA fans complain the most about their sport of any sport’s fanbase in the entire world. But I’m curious what it would take you to stop watching?

It has the least amount of parity in any sport (outside of a few European soccer leagues), yet people continue to watch.

A referee literally fixed a playoff series and went to prison for it, yet people continue to watch.

It even has similarities to professional wrestling:

Fans say freely and openly that referees turn a blind eye to certain fouls and infractions, and openly debate referee conspiracies about calling games certain ways to get the league the result they want for money/TV ratings, yet people continue to watch.

There are open conspiracy theories about the draft lottery being either rigged, or a flat out unfair way to conduct a draft (versus a standard league’s draft), yet people continue to watch.

A commissioner that seems really out of touch with what the fans want and the reality of the league.

Individual players in the sport are more important and are promoted more than the teams they play for.

Star Players seem to always come out with the win at the end

The core of the sport’s intrigue is around manufactured storylines and drama for media talking points

None of these things have led people to stop watching. Will anything?
>>
>>76449361
>The only person I hate more than Lebron James
Surprise surprise. That's bias.
>>
>>76448515
>plenty of evidence
Cite them or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>76449407
lol, I was hoping Cleveland would lose to someone before the finals so I didn't have to root for one team or the other, I watched the game without any shits given...that being said now that I think about it, I wanted Lebron to get swept or GS to blow a 3-0 lead, anything in between is shit. None of that changes the fact that Golden State couldn't stop fouling the Cavaliers, and that the horrible reffing didn't really effect one side significantly more than another
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-04-21h21m44s156.png (586KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-04-21h21m44s156.png
586KB, 848x480px
>>76449383
I already stopped watching most of this season. I probably won't watch the next game(s) after tonight. Next season? I don't know but fucking hell I really don't look forward to watching more basketball. I probably will just watch the 76ers with my dad because they are a shitty team with good young players and there's no reason for games to get rigged when nobody watches them anyway.

The important question for you is probably once the playoffs come around, would I watch then? I'll probably tune in some but if its warriors/cavs again in the finals I'll probably skip.

t. warriors fan
>>
>>76449358
People only looking at the FT's. Everyone is complaining about the no calls that were happening.
>>
>>76449383
I already barely watch the regular season and only watch the occasional playoffs game if my team isn't involved. For me, and I assume others, there will be no single moment or direct dropoff of not watching. I will simply slowly stop caring and my indifference will grow and at some point in the future realize I haven't watched a game in years.
>>
>>76449383
The only thing that makes people stop watching shit is boredom. A 4-0 Stomp by an unstoppable super team is more damaging to the NBA than people screaming rigged.

Americans don't give a fuck about rigging, I mean just look at their elections.
>>
>>76449481
>For me, and I assume others, there will be no single moment or direct dropoff of not watching. I will simply slowly stop caring and my indifference will grow and at some point in the future realize I haven't watched a game in years.
this
>>
>>76447539
>What would it take for you to stop watching the NBA?
>
>NBA fans complain the most about their sport of any sport’s fanbase in the entire world. But I’m curious what it would take you to stop watching?
>
>It has the least amount of parity in any sport (outside of a few European soccer leagues), yet people continue to watch.
>
>A referee literally fixed a playoff series and went to prison for it, yet people continue to watch.
>
>It even has similarities to professional wrestling:
>
>Fans say freely and openly that referees turn a blind eye to certain fouls and infractions, and openly debate referee conspiracies about calling games certain ways to get the league the result they want for money/TV ratings, yet people continue to watch.
>
>There are open conspiracy theories about the draft lottery being either rigged, or a flat out unfair way to conduct a draft (versus a standard league’s draft), yet people continue to watch.
>
>A commissioner that seems really out of touch with what the fans want and the reality of the league.
>
>Individual players in the sport are more important and are promoted more than the teams they play for.
>
>Star Players seem to always come out with the win at the end
>
>The core of the sport’s intrigue is around manufactured storylines and drama for media talking points
>
>None of these things have led people to stop watching. Will anything?
>>76449383
Honestly, if this goes 7 and Cavs come back and win it. I really should have dropped it awhile back because of some other series dubious outcomes but my suspension of disbelief can only go so far and I think that would be it.
>>
>>76449383
fuck off with the reddit spacing
>>
>>76449564
>had this typed out in a word document like the aspie i am to post
>get told its "reddit spacing"
>>
>>76449564
what is reddit spacing? I am not familiar with that forum, so maybe you, a reddit expert, could explain it better to us.
>>
>>76449383
I usually tune in during the conf. finals, but that was pointless this year so I started watching in the finals and it's been a shitshow. Cavs-Warriors 4 next year will be the end for me.
>>
>>76449383
I've stopped today after 1st but not because of all these meme "elf from justice land" reasons. It's so fucking convinient to trash league from nothing to lose POV, that's why reddit light here always bring this shit up.
You want them to be the league that comes forward with recovery PEDs discussion? Go ahead, NFL+MLB can't wait to pass the label. You think normies/fans are rational about it? Check olympic storylines.
You want players to continue being HGH gorillas? Gl with parity and injury prevention. Classic quote from Jermaine O'Neal was something like "I never knew I could run and avoid knee problems until I lost xx pounds". So birth of memechucking and small ball was consequence, not somebody's idea.
What else is there, refs? You ever played with these good refs that allow to play? Neither did anybody else who bring it up. It's fucking dirty slugfest not a game. People just start swinging for everything below the chest, your hands are meatloaf after 1st quarter, you get shoved in the back, fights happen all the time. So the way they ref is the #2 reason NBA btfo any other shit bball league. And it would be stupid to not encourage enthusiastic play from home team if you cut all the shit I mentioned before. Ofc stupid one sided calls are not good, nobody would argue that.
In the end they have best bball gameplay and I could care less if it's ideal parity or stars getting more sunshine. These small team owners are the real problem (which is almost never brought up) and giving them parity is fucking stupid. They leech from big boys and force all these "extending by refball" shit so that they get revenue required to feed all these arrogant fucks. Phily just decided to take a little period of 6 years to absolutely fucking suck because "it's either championship wins with stars or go fuck your mother" existence all of the sudden. Ofc Durant should consider them instead of GSW. Or stay with "29% fg fuck playing smart" man and epic OKC owners.
>>
File: rusiapu.jpg (48KB, 661x622px) Image search: [Google]
rusiapu.jpg
48KB, 661x622px
>>76450140
good post
>>
>>76449358
>that
Which of the two?
>>
>>76449383
I only watched the playoffs this season, at this rate I'll probably only watch the finals in two years time.
>>
File: eeM2N9a.jpg (50KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
eeM2N9a.jpg
50KB, 768x960px
Blacks have low IQ

Any other nationality would have stopped watching NBA for game fixing.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.