[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

League vs. Play-offs To define the BEST team, a league is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 862b136.jpg (137KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
862b136.jpg
137KB, 1080x1080px
League vs. Play-offs

To define the BEST team, a league is the patrician system. You have to be good everytime, everywhere. You have to beat everybody, at home and away. You have to manage players in the long run. You have to analyze your opponents and carefully devise strategies to beat them.
In a playoff a team can just luck out each time and win
>>
>>76419424
I actually agree with this.

Playoffs are more entertaining though
>>
Playoffs would be the GOAT system if there were leagues where less than 1/3rd of the league got in.
>>
In the US, I think playoffs are a necessity because the sheer size of the country precludes a truly balanced nationwide schedule. Brazil has this same problem for the same reason, although I'm not sure how they work around it.
>>
>>76420299
>if there were leagues where less than 1/3rd of the league got in

Baseball has 8 teams out of 30 in the playoffs (10 if you include the wild card games), so that's not too bad.
>>
>>76420363
would you say the 2007 Giants were the best team of that year?

also

>>76419424
>>76420363
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>76420493
>would you say the 2007 Giants were the best team of that year?

No, I would say they were a decent team that got lucky and had a great run. I'm not saying they playoffs are always the best way to do things, only that they're necessary in American sports. Especially football, where you really have to limit the number of games as much as possible so the players don't literally die.
>>
>>76420547
ok I see your point now and I agree, playing home and away games against all teams in the NFL is impossible.

But why make the MLB and NBA season so long then? Is it a >muh tradition thing?
>>
>>76420694
>But why make the MLB and NBA season so long then?
money
>>
>>76420694
>But why make the MLB and NBA season so long then? Is it a >muh tradition thing?

With MLB, it is >muh tradition, the season has been 140+ games since 1892. MLB used to have a two-league system, and the champions of each league would play one another for the MLB championship. Also, baseball can be a very weird and random sport, so you need a massive sample size to find out who the best team really is.

With the NBA, it's just about money.
>>
>>76419424
>In a playoff a team can just luck out each time and win
You do realize: Teams have to qualify to get into the playoffs in the first place.

If a season were to start with a playoff each and every fucking year, where they were placed randomly... then yes, that would be shit.
>>
File: 1495571263962.gif (68KB, 300x153px) Image search: [Google]
1495571263962.gif
68KB, 300x153px
>>76419424
league
>win by beating a bunch of literally whos

playoff
>win by beating a bunch of literally whos then advance to face the elite talent through multiple rounds

wow sure is a almond activator..
>>
>>76426493
You can't win a league without beating almost everybody.
>>
>>76426211
He does have a point, when a wild card team wins the championship it just feels wrong, like they didn't earn it. The NY Giants didn't deserve to even be there for 18-1.
>>
>>76419424
>You have to be good everytime, everywhere. You have to beat everybody, at home and away.
Becoming champions because you were better at beating the shitters, even though you lost against the top teams, does happen in a league, mamadou.

>"""pro""" league
>regular season with 16 clubs
>top 6 clubs qualify for mini-league
>5 home games and 5 away games
Those final 10 games are pure squeaky bum time and it's much much harder to win the league by beating on shitters.
Applied to the PL you'd get rid of 4 shitters and lots of crap fixtures. In the final 10 games the likes of Chelsea, City, etc. can't hide and almost every game is a """six-pointer"""" to decide who will be champions or get into the CL/EL.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.