[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curious question. Are we actually thrilled that a team on par

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3996.jpg (56KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3996.jpg
56KB, 780x520px
Curious question. Are we actually thrilled that a team on par with the 60's Celtics will make the Finals every year for the next ten or so years?

Will this ever become stagnant? They are a great team to watch but I fear basketball will become boring without some change. Watching the same teams win it all year after year must have been awful back then, and I can only imagine how that's like now.
>>
It's already stagnant because they face no competition. Nobody in the West can stop them, and LeBron is only getting older.
>>
>>76403250
League will step in to break up this team. 31 other owners arent going to have any of this shit.

Silver is a bigger kike then Stearn for allowing KD to go to the Warriors right fucking after a 79-3 season.
>>
Honestly, if a team is just decimating another, even if the team is pulling some Harlem Globetrotters type shit, it's boring. I would rather watch dirty sloppy nailbiter close finishes than theatrical basketball. idk if that makes me a pleb but that's my two cetns
>>
>>76403396
I'd love to watch globetrotters shit for years. Because when they finally lose, it's amazing. See 18-0 Pats.
>>
Theyres a bunch of talent in the NBA right now but theyre all broken up into shitty teams

Plan #1: Put Giannis on a team with a shooter and a solid guard
Plan #2: CP3 to Spurs
Plan #3: CP3 to pelicans with Davis and Cousins creating a "big 3"
Plan #4: Lakers acquire PG or Lonzo
>>
>>76403328
What could they possibly do, expand by like 4 teams at once?
>>
>>76403396
Actually watching a team win with some Globetrotters type shit would be amazing, but GSW being dominate isn't boring because they're so good, but rather that all they do is just spread the field and throw 3's. Its just not entertaining at all because there's almost no interaction between the two teams at all.
>>
>>76403328

a free agent choosing where he wants to go HOL-LEE-FUCK. They need to implement a feelings rule. If a team is to good a player isn't allowed to go there.

You know what? fuck the draft, every player should should just get spread out evenly so we could always have a mediocre, excuse me competitive finals.

WAHHHHHHHHH :*(
>>
>>76403441
Im a Bucksfag and that would be for the good of the league. The Warriors will fucking kill the NBA if theyre allowed to keep their current core for the next 5+ years.

>>76403490
Giannis will never leave MKE.
>>
>>76403396
agreed
>>
@76403533
>west coast canadian bandwagoning the warriors

kek mindless chink. Its going to happey sorry sweetie.
>>
>>76403396
Did you watch the same game I did?
the only reason it seemed close is because warriors were literally pulling harlem globetrotter shit all game.
>>
>>76403250
I really only started following basketball this year, and it's honestly been pretty shitty. I was hoping for an interesting finals, but just more of the same

Way too predictable leading up to the finals, and now a sweep. SAD!
>>
>>76403250
It is if you are a Warriors fan, if not then git gud
>>
Curry is an unrestricted free agent this summer. Somebody with more cap space than the dubs should just chuck max shekels at him.
>>
>>76403533
Then why in the literal fuck is their a salary cap in pro sports if not to prevent this very thing from happening?
>>
>>76403533
You're right. You know what we should just have Lebron,Harden and Westbrook join the Warriors since watching one team dominate all the others is just so interesting.
>>
>>76403619

There is a salary cap and look what happened?

So stop bitching about it. Theres probably not going to be a team this good for a few decades. Just enjoy the ride instead of drenching ur t-shirt in tears.
>>
>>76403619
doesn't the nba not have a hard cap?
>>
>>76403617

There needs to be a rule that a player is forced to play for the team that offers the most and players cant take personal pay cuts to make super teams. Problem solved.

If players were greedy (like they should be) this wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>76403279
>Nobody in the West can stop them

The Spurs were up like 25, in Oakland, before their best player was injured by a dirty play.
>>
>>76403676
teams can go over the cap and pay a luxury tax, and also a repeater tax (it gets very costly to be over the cap again and again)
>>
>>76403617
He'd never leave. The money he makes in endorsements using his image as the face of Golden State more than makes up for his actual salary
>>
>>76403684
>Greed instead of personal goals is good

Your mom would not be proud
>>
>>76403684
For the elite players, I think greed motivates a player to take a pay cut in the short term.

Getting rings boosts your prestige and thus your 'Brand', making you way more
>>
>>76403742
>joining an already elite team to win a ring counts as a personal goal

Is this really what you're trying to defend?
>>
>>76403328
>League will step in to break up this team.
Fuck off, commie
>>
>>76403684
This or you can choose to stay on the team that you're currently playing on if your contract expires.
>>
>>76403712
Yeah but that was only one game. Even the Spurs couldn't have dominated like that four for games, and domination is the only hope to beat Golden State. They just have way too much offensive firepower to handle.
>>
@76403808
You already replied to me you dumb chink. Its going to happen.
>>
>>76403790
Wasn't getting a ring exactly KD's personal goal?
>>
>>76403868
Yes, but he didn't really do shit to earn the ring himself. Literally anyone of us in this thread could join the warriors and win a ring because their team was already pretty fucking stacked to begin with.
>>
>>76403674

Most of the people bitching now will love telling their kids why the 2030s teams are shit and that the Warriors would never lose like they do for the Lakers, Celtics and Bulls.
>>
>>76403490
ive been saying i think chris paul should go to the bucks and if they can get one more solid player that team would be scary
>>
>>76403926
Except no one cares, ultimately, how you get your rings. LeBron had to create modern superteams to get his and now he's being compared to the best. If KD gets a ring, or more, he'll be remembered as one of the greatest ever too.
>>
>>76403328
They should just tell their players to take the foul and walk under shots. It worked for Zaza
>>
>>76404041
LeBron got shat on the minute he lost his first Finals
>>
>>76403674
>>76403674
>>76403926
>but he didn't really do shit to earn the ring himself
He is about to win finals MVP with the best performance in history
>>
>>76404093
So? People are still talking about him being up there with MJ and kobe. If you can get away with what he did and have that legacy, KD wont mind taking some of that for himself. Plus, he deserves one. No one wants to be a Carmelo or Barkley, "yeah he was great but never got a ring"
>>
>>76404140
And all the LeBron haters were putting an asterisk next to his first ring because he chased the ring. KD haters will do the same for KDs
>>
>>76404140
The difference is that Durant was already on a championship caliber team before the switch. He could've joined any other team and no one would've cared at all.
>>
>>76404258
>Championship calibre
That team is dragged down by Westbrick and carried by Durant
>>
>>76404183
In the moment, but like i said, people forget these things over time. A decade from now no one will give a shit how he won them, or how KD wins his, if he does.

>>76404258
>OKC
>championship caliber
Haha no, westbrook and durant are incompatible. He gave that team a lot of good years and they couldnt manage it properly. As i said above, he wants that ring, and a decade from now no one will give a shit if he joined the warriors to get it.
>>
>next ten or so years
You know these guys are like 26-28 right? They're making the finals the next 5 years in a row at most
>>
>>76403250

as a golden state cuck, even i can admit that it just takes a bad string of injuries

when durant went down because zaza fell backwards on KDs knees, he was out for like 18 games

it only took them a few games to adjust their game back to splash bro meme chucking to get wins

if steph or klay ALSO go down, then they're fucked

also, there is currently no good sub for the 4, or draymonds spot. they just put in 3 guards and at least 1 big when draymond goes to the bench.

in the near future, either klay or iggy goes soon, either to trade for other assets and make cap space, and we want to keep steph and KD for as long as possible. this team is more or less built on the perimeter players, they don't need a decent center if they have draymond and KD.

however, if we could get a bogut / gobert back in the line up, but give up klay or draymond, i would be happy and might be a better team for the long run.
>>
It's literally already stagnant. The Warriors are fucking boring. I don't understand why anyone enjoys watching them.
>>
The warriors were boring as shit before because they just shot 3s. It was like watching someone shoot for a teddy bear at the state fair. Now they have a top 3 player in Durant that can iso, so the 3 point shooters are even more wide-open. Might as well watch people shoot guns at targets.

They should make the hoop smaller or something. make it harder to score. people are going to get more and more accurate and the game will eventually just be 3s all the time.
>>
>>76403668
Difference isn't simply the players the front office and coach developed their players and made them the great players. they are today. Thats the key difference here. How many all star games was draymond or curry or Klay been in before joining golden state? Look at javale. Labelled one of the worst players in the NBA and now hes looking like a starting center out there. Not golden states fault they know how to get the best out of their draft picks. Maybe the rest of the NBA should learn to develop their players.
>>
>>76404569
3's are harder to do tho. Go watch RAW instead retard
>>
>>76404476
>The Warriors are fucking boring.
>assists per game comparable to the showtime lakers
>make a lot of tough threes
>great defense
>many different personalities
>boring
>>
>>76403619
because otherwise some dude would come by and pay a little more to someone so that they could win a title and all the other jews would get mad at him because now they have to spend more money. Oh wait
>>
>>76403926
It's a team sport. He wont be remembered as having won the ring himself but he will be remembered as the main cause.
>>
>>76404695
its fucking boring. I don't watch basketball for the assists or tough threes
>>
you gotta be retarded to think GSW will stick together for several years.

nothing changes as fast as sports. some shit is going to happen. some fucked up injury, Klay wanting out to be the number one star somewhere else, someone wants more minutes and more open look shots...

shaq & kobe didn't last long and they could have gone for another 3/4 rings easily. kg & truth & ray didn't either.
>>
>>76404884
So you'd rather watch some big guys drive to the paint, look for contact, and hope the shot goes in anyways? That's not skill, that's just "who has the best combination of height and speed". The creator of the game meant it to be non contact and to focus on teamwork and skill, if anything this is a throwback team. If you wanna watch freakish athletes crash into each other and complain about fouls, stick to the NFL.
>>
>>76404979
Where are any of them going to get more open look shots than the Warriors?
>>
>>76404884
watch Bird and Magic highlights and say you don't like assists, nothing is better than a double fake reverse open court pass
>>
>>76404041
>LeBron made his own superteam
>Kevin Durant joined a superteam

These are not the same, it would be like LeBron joining the Celtics earlier in his career to run through the East and win a ring, it's just a weak move
>>
>>76405099
This, LeBron just plays black ball, whereas the warriors lean toward the superior white ball which involves actual team play and passing, not just one big strong nigger bulldozing his way to the hoop
>>
>>76404884
Most retarded post I have seen all playoffs.
>>
???

Who the fuck cares about niggerball?
>>
>>76404695
espn pls go
>>
>>76405241
>give the team that DRAFTED you, i.e forced you to stay with, many good years
>get stuck with shit management and ballhog teammates
>see LeBron making a superteam, even if he can beat the warriors he's never gonna beat the cavs with OKC
>does the reasonable thing and joins the warriors to compete with the cavs
Im sorry, do you expect him to ruin his legacy for shits and giggles? If lebron hadnt made that superteam we wouldnt have this scenario.
>>
We're not rooting for Warriors to win, we're rooting for LeBron to lose
>>
>>76405280
>>>/pol/
>>
>>76404695
>assists per game comparable to the showtime lakers
making one pass to a guy who ran through five illegal screens and then chucks up a 3 is not entertaining. see the 2014 spurs, that was entertaining passining offence
>make a lot of tough threes
yes they chuck threes, that's the boring part
>great defense
Pretty good, yes. Historically great? No
>many different personalities
Let's run through their big 4 and examine these personalities
a cornball faggot who gloates every time he makes a shot
the definition of pussy, left his team to join the champions who beat him
a literal ape who kicks people in the balls and chimps out about every call he doesn't get
and... well thomson has no personality and ironically he's the only one I like
>boring
yes, boring
>>
>>76405441
youre so deluded by how bad the eastern conference is that you honestly think the cavs are a "super team"
the only other allstar on the team is kyrie

the spurs are better than the cavs ffs, do you think they're a superteam?

there are no if ands or buts about it. before Durant ruined the NBA the warriors were just barely better than the spurs who were just barely better than the cavs who were just barely better than okc. now the warriors are miles ahead of the spurs/cavs and everyone else and will keep winning until one of their big4 suffers a season ending injury or fucks off for more money somewhere else
>>
>>76405906
someone is going to fuck off for more money almost immediately, most likely klay.

so this whining is kind of moot, its going to be a one year thing, then people will go get their money.
>>
>>76404653
>How many all star games was draymond or curry or Klay been in before joining golden state?
All three of those players were drafted by Golden State. How fucking retarded are you?
>>
>>76405819
lol you're so mad right now. Go back to watching gaudy shit like rastling
>>
>>76403490
CP3 to Spurs would be interesting but devastating to Spurs since they lack cap space and need to make room for CP3's gigantic contract
>>
>>76406044
>another superstar who cant get it done joins a good team
yeah this is going to fix the parity issue in the NBA, but its literally okay because CP3 is likeable so we will ignore the fact that he is essentially doing the same thing that KD did, don't forget that KD joined a team built through the draft, as will be the case with CP3 and the spurs, so its 100% comparable.
>>
>>76403868
>>76404041

Funny thing is, KD will get his ring on Friday.

However, at the back of his mind he KNOWS that what he did is a bitch move, and that he took the pussy move by joining the team he lost 3-1 to. This championship will not taste sweet at ALL.

>pic related: never forget
>>
File: 1468269433881[1].jpg (27KB, 615x333px) Image search: [Google]
1468269433881[1].jpg
27KB, 615x333px
>>76406093
>>
>>76406077
It's not 100% comparable as CP3 wouldn't be joining the favorite team that sent the Clippers home the previous year.

Besides the trade is most likely not going to happen as Spurs aren't the type to give up an entire bunch of their bench for 1 Superstar
>>
shitty season, only started watching once the finals started because I knew it would be cavs vs warriors. Dont know why people bother watching the regular season baka.
>>
>>76406093
It'll be better when he loses to some underdog team within the next 3 years. He'll realize that, that was supposed to be him but it isn't. He'll realize he's a virgin
>>
>>76403250
normies love this shit and the nba is actually doing better than ever

/nba/ is just mad af since they bandwagoned lebitch and now the "kings" reign has ended
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.