[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously guys is he the best ever? Having watched his career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 9

Seriously guys is he the best ever?

Having watched his career from the premier league days, I couldn't help but feel he made a mistake the first few years he went to real Madrid.

Yes he was constantly the top scorer but Barcelona kept winning the league and messi won 3 ballon dors in a row.

The fact that Ronaldo maintained his work ethic and managed to come back from a 4-1 deficit in ballon dor is greatness to me.

What do you think best player ever? For me its TSU
>>
>>76393326
no he needs to win more league titles and a wc
>>
>>76393341
>league titles
lol he has 3 from Utd and 2 from Madrid, no he doesn't
>>
>>76393341
WC with portugal will never, ever happen in his life time
>>
>>76393404
If a player could take a meme team to a WC win, it's Ronaldo.
>>
>>76393404
Are you aware that he won the Euro? The levels of Euro and WC are pretty similar 2bh
>>
>>76393341
He has enough league titles and champions league trophies.

World cup would be nice but that is asking too much from one great in an Portugal team.

On a slightly different note, mourinuho did a similar thing when we left inter and took over Madrid. I assumed he was a mad man because Barcelona at that time was the best football team ever. But somehow mouriniho woin the league there his second year that was his greatest accomplishment imo
>>
>best ever
he's not even the best ever at his own club, let alone the sport
>>
>>76393404
if Ronaldo lets Moutinho and Guerreiro take the free kicks there's a chance
>>
>>76393470
>
>>
>>76393326

He's very good but not the best. He's technically extremely gifted, but in that regard Messi is a step up. Rarely I see CR7 doing something out of this world.

Plus, he's a massive egomaniac. I don't like that.
>>
>>76393508
>amerishart opinions

Inb4 "spic"

Nope I was born in Norway
>>
>>76393588
>Plus, he's a massive egomaniac. I don't like that.
So you're biased and we should just disregard your entire post?
>>
>>76393588
>egomaniac

He isnt as egomaniac as people make him.
He actually is a pretty good person, who helps lots of causes and does lots of good deeds.
>>
>>76393588
t. 13 year old virgin who gets bullyed by the cool kids

He was out of his mind
>>
>>76393588
he's honestly just insecure
>>
to be one of the best ever you need to be a swiss army knife of the sport, no one but Messi can be the GOAT this generation
>>
He Will be In the conversation for sure.
>>
>>76393588
You sound like some dude I saw on IG who said people who watch football with their eyes prefer messi but those who use a calculator like Rinaldo

If we are being unbiased we have to look at numbers and without a doubt the last two years Rinaldo has been the best player
>>
>>76393639
just this year, last year he was trash, this year he was one of the most cluch players I've ever seen
>>
If you dudes really think Ronaldo is a shitty person follow him on IG dude is cool as fuck and a chill bro
>>
>>76393558
it's true. england should know given their euro performances
>>
>>76393612

I mean on the field.

>>76393609

>reading comprehension
faggot

>>76393639

Might be true. I dunno man, sometimes I see Ronaldo do this dribble and think: damn that was pretty sick but if i were to train on that trick for two weeks I could do it too. Messi on the other hand sometimes does things that boggles the mind. It's all about dat juicy vision.
>>
>>76393661
He won the CL last year and also the euros. I must admit I thought Madrid was going to bottle the league and the CL this year but tsu showed up
>>
He is hands down the GOAT. Totally in a league of his own.

Even if we ignore his numbers, he is the ***perfect*** human specimen. Beautiful, charismatic, compassionate, intelligent, worldly, driven. Ronaldo is the kind of guy that Chad has nightmares about.
>>
>>76393592
bullshit, Blake
>>
>>76393694
he was one of the worst players on the field in both tournaments
>>
>>76393688
reminder you can't compare manlet with Chad dribbling. for his size ronaldo is and has been pretty exceptional throughout his career
>>
>>76393688
I know exactly what you mean but but scoring 5 goals is better than scoring 4 goals where you take on the whole team.

Messi does have unreal dribbling which is the hardest thing to do in football, but some how this meme master Rinaldo has reinenvted himself at 32.

I always thought Ronaldo would be finished after he is 30, and I thought messi would play til he is about 34 dropping back into midfield but Rinaldo is unbreal at this moment in time.

From a sports perspective I can only compare him to mayweather - based on athletes I know of
>>
To be the GOAT you must conquer different challenges, not be a Xavi/Iniesta babby. For me, it's Ronnie.
>>
No.
Messi is objectively the GOAT.
>his work ethic and managed to come back from a 4-1 deficit in ballon dor
If you think FIFA throwing Ballin D'Ors at him the last few years is anything other than them trying to force this fake """rivalry""" between the two of them then you're a fucking mong.
>>
>>76393749

That is true yes. I'm astounded that CR7 became even better at his age. But I want to see magical shit happen. Personal preference what one looks for in footy i guess
>>
>>76393749
>Rinaldo has reinenvted himself at 32.

No, he sits in the box waiting for Isco, Asensio, Marcelo, or even Casemiro to make plays and for him to tap the ball in. From a footballing perspective this is the worst Ronaldo has ever been. From a scoring perspective this is also the worst he's ever been (least goals per minute in his career). From a marketing perspective this is his best year.
>>
>>76393766
Without FIFA its arguable and almost a fact messi would have at least 1 less CL trophy

Chelsea vs barca fixed

What game was it when barca got a penalty from a corner

Even without the ballon dors I think Rinaldo has surpassed messi
>>
>>76393830
If you truly believe thats what he does why don't all teams have a player who just waits in the box?
>>
>>76393837
also, 2006 messi Champions had nothing to do with him. can't count it in goat-discussions, where goating means leading his team to success.
>>
>>76393882
True that
>>
>>76393830
>least goals per minute in his career
At Madrid yes.

But he's 32. Started season late and finished with 42 goals which is I think only bettered by Messi in Europe.

Also he doesn't sit in the box you mongrel. Both his goals against Juve came from runs INTO the box.

He's no Inzaghi.
>>
Slightly off topic bout you know these athletes who come from poverty. Ronaldo being a good example.

What's the likelihood of his family being wealthy in 7 generations
>>
Messi is compared to Pele, Maradona, Cruyff.
Ronaldo is compared to Messi.
>>
File: Top 5 Real Madrid.jpg (75KB, 327x424px) Image search: [Google]
Top 5 Real Madrid.jpg
75KB, 327x424px
>>76394004

this, end of discussion. He's not even rated by spanish media even while at full hype right after the UCL
>>
File: 1496816659874.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496816659874.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>76393991
That only really happens if they create a family business / dynasty.
>>
>>76394031

Well I wouldn't say that, he's rated ahead of Raul now which is massive in Spain
>>
>>76394004
Good meme trump
Messi is compared to maradona because they are both Argentine

Messi and Rinaldo are compared to each other because they play in the same era and league

Stop stealing shit you saw posted by others
>>
>>76394038
he's working on it, it wouldnt surprise me if he reaches the billionaire status in his 50s
>>
>>76394038
>what is CR7 underwear
>>
>>76394075
Ahmed pls.
>>
I found this comment to be pretty much why I think he is just a little bit better than Messi (I don't agree 100% with it but I come close to a 99% agreement):

"Well, I'll give it a shot, english isn't my first language so I'm sorry for any mistakes but I'll try to show a different point of view.

>You could make the argument about who the better goalscorer is, but overall player I think there's only one option.

I disagree so much and i think it's awful this gets posted more and more. The problem is people talk about both of their 'overall' games and what they mean when they say 'overall' is passing, ball retention and dribbling when that's not what overall play is. What about counterattacks? Long range threat? Defensive and offensive set pieces? Helping the pressing? Understanding the game? Leading a team? Football isn't simple, you can't just condense it to a few atributes and call that 'overall ability'.

You can tell the genius of a player after he dribles past 4 players and slides it past the keeper but it's tougher to see the genius of a guy freeing himself a few centimeters in the box for a header or making a run to the back post for a tap in. Cristiano doesn't go past 4 players as often as Messi does, he'll lose the ball more often, but he makes his mark in different ways. He's ridiculous in the air, his left foot is as good as his right, he'll kill you on the counter, he'll score from 35 meters away, he'll lose his defender in set pieces... Messi will play a pass collapsing the entire defense, Cristiano jumps higher than his defender and heads it home... which one of them did better? One looks better than the other, one is a genius, the other was lucky, and at the end of the day it's 1-0 all the same. That's the thing with football, a genius goal and a tap in are still worth the same. When Cristiano has a moment of brilliance it's usually a one touch finish rather than a continuous showcase of quality, so
>>
>>76393470
hahahahaha
>>
Ballon D'or voters are backwards and retarded. Cy Young Award voters have long realized that team accomplishments should be given little value when evaluating individual greatness and the Cy Young Award is no longer given to the pitcher with the most wins every year. However, in recent years the trend has simply been to give the Ballon D'or to the player, between Messi and Ronaldo, who had a better year in terms of team accomplishments.
If the Ballon D'or was given to the better player every year Ronaldo would have 0 of them. There is no comparison between a great poacher and a great scorer who is also a great playmaker.
>>
>>76394152
it's not as obvious and he only gets apreciated by how often he does it and not by how he does it.

The most freakish thing about him is how in his career he's basically two different players and he's won Ballon D'ors as both. That's what, in my mind, should set him apart. (That and performing ridiculously for three different teams, United, Real and Portugal) I watched every game he played for Sporting, I was there in the stadium for the first Euro 2004 match when he scored his first goal for Portugal, if you would have told me then this is how Cristiano would play a few years later I would have laughed at you.

It's easy to understand why most people prefer Messi, I'd rather watch a video of Messi's dribling than Cristiano's heading too. But don't take anything away from Cristiano and the most absolutely disgusting thing around here is that people continuously do.

I think when people compare overall games, they're talking more about how beautiful both look instead of how effective. And effectiveness in football (and team sports in general) isn't an easy thing to measure.

Moving on from that, I think Messi has been vastly beneficiated in his career by growing up in Barcelona. He grew up playing the style of football he would play at senior level, with even some of the same teammates who would themselves become the best of all time in their positions. Cristiano moved to Manchester without speaking english and basically lost a year there just adapting. It's much easier being Messi than having to go through the changes Cristiano did, and let's not forget later on Cristiano left a three time Premier League winning team that had just been to two consecutive CL finals to move to a team that hadn't made the CL quarters in 7 years.
>>
This year he definitely overshadowed messi. Messi may be more gifted, but I think what you do with that gift is more important than how gifted you are.
>>
>>76394182
3rd point. Cristiano Ronaldo has performed at the same level with 3 different teams while Messi goes down a level with Argentina. Cristiano has played in every system in the world and looked as threatening in all while Messi needs the game to be at his feet. He's still great otherwise of course but he's not as good. And I'll add as an aside that the fact Argentina doesn't have the right type of midfielders to play behind him is still their biggest problem.

4th point, Cristiano seems to go up a level in the bigger stages, Messi seems to get worse. Messi always has trouble facing defensive teams in the latter stages of the Champions League and from the quarters forward Cristiano has 35 goals to Messi's 16. The quarters of the CL forawrd is the biggest stage in world football and 35 to 16 is a very big difference. In his prime Cristiano has been to 5 CL finals to Messi's 3 when Messi has had the better team around him.
>>
>>76393470
lmao
>>
>>76394193
Someone post the infographic showing that Messi outperforms Ronaldo in finals statistically.
>>
>>76393639
Go post the combined numbers of the last two seasons. Be sure to include chances created, dribbles, shot efficiency, etc...

It's not just the eyes that it's in favor of Messi. It's the stats. What's in favor of Ronaldo are trophies. For example, Ronaldo's euros are talked about highly even though he was invisible in the finals just like Messi. Ronaldo's CL is talked about highly even though he sucked dick in last year's final. Those two trophies allowed Ronaldo to win.Well that and the narrative "he scored the mot goals in a single CL campaign ever" even though the award shouldn't count the group stages like people are doing for this year's award.
>>
>>76394193
So, shortneing up:

- While Messi is better on the ball, that doesn't make him the better overall player. I'd say choosing which one is the best overall is pretty subjective and it will vary according to your football ideas.

-Cristiano has shown he can perform at the same insane level with 3 different teams. Messi has failed to replicate his Barcelona form outside of club football.

-Cristiano performs better in the biggest stage in world football, the latter stages of the Champions League.

-Messi has had the advantage of growing up in one of the biggest clubs in the world, playing the style of football he'd play later alongside some of the greatest of all time.

-Cristiano's personality and will to win. The way he's changed his game during the years is just a testament to this and I think he'll prove it further when he shows he'll last longer than Messi. He's adapted his game into a player that can play for many years, where I think Messi will have a bit of trouble with that.

I have no problem with people who think Messi is better btw. I simply think it's not clear cut and this is simply my opinion. I only have a problem with people who make it seem like it's no contest"
>>
>>76394206
that's not possible though.

Messi is 0/3 for Argentina and Ronaldo hasn't lost a final with Madrid or Utd
>>
>>76393749
The reinvention narrative is ridiculous. He reinvented himself in 2008 when he became a much more prolific goal scorer based on movement and his superior athleticism. He's been doing the same shit since then except that he became worse with the ball at his feet.
>>
>>76394251
Not at all.

Watch some of the goals in his early Madrid career.

Especially the one vs Villareal. He doesn't play the same way.
>>
>>76394233
>muh team accomplishments measuring individual greatness
Muhammad pls.
>>
>>76394031
>implying the sp*anish would ever rate a portuguese
>>
>>76394182
Wow

Very intelligent and articulate for a non English speaker. What's the flag I doing recognize it.

I completely agree with everything you said.
>>
>>76394208
Messi puts up similar goalscoring numbers to a pure poacher while also serving as his team's primary playmaker. It is no contest.
>>
>>76394152
Messi is a better long range threat and the stats prove it though. Messi scored 10 in the 2 competitions, and Ronaldo scored 4.
>>
He's top 2 and he's not 2
>>
>>76394038
He's working on it, hard. I'm pretty sure his grandchildren would still be able to enjoy his money.

>>76394152
>reasoning on /sp/
Just let it go man.
>>
File: 1465261913892.jpg (196KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
1465261913892.jpg
196KB, 640x460px
>Best ever
>>
>>76394263
That's not that big of a change. Go look at 2007 Ronaldo who created a shit load of chances and was much more entertaining to watch. 2008 his goals shot up and his overall game took a back seat. People the following years pointed out how efficient he learned to play. The narrative has been happening since 2008. The only thing is he's not on the ball as much anymore because he's getting old so his dribbling efficiency and overall technical ability is worse now.
>>
>>76394178
Balloon Door is an utter joke and no one except 16 year CR7 fanboys in the middle east and malaysia take it seriously
>>
>>76393470
are you forgetting portugal were 3rd in a terribly shit group and that by a stroke of luck that caused them to walk a much easier path to the finals? that shit doesn't exist in the WC or not yet at least.

It was already an achievement that TSUUU reached the semi-finals at one point in his life with that joke of a NT, certainly much harder to do than win a title with Argentina.
>>
>is he the best ever?

my fucking sides
>>
>>76394347
I know right? People think football was created 10 years ago
>>
>>76393394
>Manurewinslol
No. The Eplel is a garbage meme.
>fucking Lestah won an Eplel.
>>
>>76393470
Are you aware that
>Denmark, Greece won euros exposing how shit it really is
>Poortugal were third in their group behind fucking Iceland and Hungary
>Tsuu did fuck all in the knockout rounds and was a glorified cheerleader in the final
Their best chance was 2006 and now it's over. Theyre Uruguay tier.
>>
>>76394405
>Ronaldo did fuck all
Did you watch the same games as everyone else?
>>
>>76394405
So New Orleans winning the Superb Owl exposed how shit it is?
>>
if he finishes his career with more Balon D'Ors, more international trophies, more Champions Leagues and more CL goals than Messi, then he's the undisputed GOAT
>>
>le cheer in the sidelines man and celebrate with your gay lover when eder scores the winner man

>GOAT

wew ladsu
>>
>>76394810
NO had the best team in the league that year, not sure what you are getting at
>>
>>76394786
3 goals the entire tournament and was the player with most shots but least number of goals when you look at his ratio. He was trash that tournament and you have to be delusional to believe otherwise.
>>
invisible in finals
>>
>>76394813
>Balon D'Ors
Awarded to the player named Messi or Ronaldo who has the better year in terms of team accomplishments. Almost completely irrelevant.
>international trophies
Team accomplishments. Almost completely irrelevant.
>Champions Leagues
Almost completely irrelevant.
>more CL goals
More relevant than the other three, but ability to participate in CL games still dependent on team accomplishments, so not terribly relevant.
Nobody who watches both play regularly says Ronaldo is better than Messi.
>>
>>76395092
what is relevant then
>>
>>76393326
Seriously guys he is not the best ever.
I have been watching this man ever since his transfer and undoubtedly, this has been his worst 2 seasons.
Idk how that juventus defense let 4 past buffon. It was inexcusable.
Help me understand this guys.
The madrid coach is fucking tactically inept. How is this possible?
>>
>>76394813
>more Balon D'Ors
he's already on it. His 5th one was won the moment he scored 5 past Buyern. Also, Barcelona is a sinking ship (the players they're scouting are all shit bar Verratti which's too expensive for them anyway), Bayern aren't the same as before and Juventus has Higuain which means Halal is the favourite to win the CL again next year. Usually Tsu is their top scorer and that's the top criteria for winning the BdO unless someone (messi or neymar) wins the world cup

>more international trophies
already done, messi is too much of a choker to win anything with them

>more Champions Leagues
again, Halal are the best team at the moment by a mile, so they're favourites to win it. That would give TSUUU his 5th CL, and he won it with 2 different clubs

>more CL goals
this one is hard to predict. Messi is 2 years younger but I don't think he'll last more than two other seasons at the top level. Ronaldo won't leave/retire before he's 37 unless Halal somehow manages to build a terrible team, but they have money and power so it's unlikely and his finishing is good enough to average at least 25 goals per season even if he's not at his prime. If Messi goes against all odds and somehow keeps going at a high level until he's 34 with that weak little body of his then (it's not impossible since he's very technically gifted but if he becomes injury prone that's it) he might outscore Ronaldo.

I reeeally don't think he will, though. Barcelona will need at least 2 years if and only if they make good signings just to become a team capable of taking RM head on again and Argentina is living proof that Messi's goalscoring isn't godlike when he's not playing for a balanced team, unlike Ronaldo's.

tl;dr: if that's all it takes he's pretty much the undisputed GOAT already
>>
>>76395119
The eye test. Watch them both play regularly. It will become abundantly clear who is better. Team accomplishments are a terrible way to evaluate individual greatness in any sport and soccer is one of, if not the most difficult sports to evaluate individual greatness in with statistics. Go ahead and try to completely explain Xavi's contribution to Barcelona through statistics. You cannot.
If you watch them both play regularly you'll see one of them hanging around the box waiting for tapins all game long and the other raping defenses with his passing and dribbling all game long when he's not scoring goals at a similar rate to the guy waiting for tapins.
>>
>>76393830
Thats called being a striker or a center forward which is what Ronaldo is evolving into even though he says he's still a winger.
>>
>>76393341
Gilardino, Alba, David Silva, De Rossi, Müller, Götze and others won wc. Do you wanna say they are better than ronaldo and messi? Some celtic guy won more league titles and what?
GOAT for the first must show excellent skills, not win titles with good teammates.
>>
>>76395170
>If you watch them both play regularly you'll see one of them hanging around the box waiting for tapins all game long and the other raping defenses with his passing and dribbling all game long when he's not scoring goals at a similar rate to the guy waiting for tapins.
outstanding damage control
>>
>>76394405
>Biggest name always wins, not commitment and spirit
Stick to your shitty american sports
>>
>>76395214
Look, if you want to say he's finding a way to keep being effective at football's highest level in spite of his aging body, that's fine. It's a fact, so it's not debatable. Just don't call it "reinventing" or "evolving" because that's just fucking retarded. This would imply he adapted his game into something new to cope for what his body can't do anymore. Example: an attacking midfielder based on dribbling and speed learning to control the game with his intelligence, passing and experience to compensate for his pace loss. That's evolving/reinventing. Ronaldo 08' could dribble, destroy defences by himself, create plays with little to no help, score from distance regularly instead of 2-3 times/season, score fk's consistently and so on, and he already was GOAT at positioning/finishing, you could always find him at the end of a low cross for a tap-in. He lost all of that and all that remains is his positioning, finishing, penalties - again something he already was great at when young - and heading. He's being forced into a cf, not evolving into one. Whenever he tries doing more than that he ends up embarrasing himself, but as shown this season he can still be the best player when he concentrates on his strong points.
>>
>>76395119
# of solo goals against la liga relegation sides
>>
I honestly don't give an actual fuck about what they've won as a player as it's a team sport. Messi has won more (I think), but comparable.

But if you sat me down, made me watch all their games without knowing anything about them and then asked who I'd say was better it would always be Messi and I honestly don't see how anyone could say otherwise.

They both have nearly the same level of finishing inside and outside the box. Then Ronaldo has headers, positioning and top speed and that's it Messi trumps him in just about every other area of the game. Dribbling, passing (which seems to be overlooked or underrated by people when arguing the players against each other. Ronaldo cannot pass the way Messi can, even if his life depended on it), vision, strength (He has a low centre of gravity and Ronaldo hardly EVER uses his strength he goes down most of the time).

What also hurts Messi, on /sp/ specifically, is American retards always use dumbass superlatives to describe Messi like Magic or something poof-y.
>>
>>76395656
>Ronaldo cannot pass the way Messi can
It's not like he'd be willing to if he could anyways.
>>
>>76395258
Gotze scored on a world cup final so yea he is better
>>
>>76393470
Nope
And he didn't even play in the final since he was too afraid he might lose so he faked an injury instead
>>
>>76395258
according to half of the faggots on this website, in order to be a GOAT you must have at least the following
>1 World Cup
>like 2-6 balon d ors
>a ton of goals scored
>be good at what ever your position is
When Ronaldo wins the World Cup, I'd consider him goat.
>>
>>76393639
I suppose Josef Bican is the best player of all time then?
>>
>>76395438
good post
these memelords get carried away and act like hyperactive pre teens so they revere however is hot right now
>>
File: IMG_0392.png (239KB, 327x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0392.png
239KB, 327x323px
>>76393470
>comparing a team like Iceland to a team like Chile
kek
>>
>>76394152
didnt read lmao
>>
>>76395901
i dont watch divegrass but that doesn't seem unfair to ask desu. national team glory, club level glory, individual level performance, be a good goalscorer/assister/role player/etc
>>
>>76394004
stolen content, and also fake news.

Ronaldo is better.
>>
>>76394269
ok mr individual.

Ronaldo is about to equal Missi in Balloon Doors at age 33.
>>
>>76393837
>What game was it when barca got a penalty from a corner
Barca-Milan
Both penalties were fake
They didn't win that year though since they got owned by Di Matteo's Chelsea fucking lmaooo

Don't forget
>2006 Sheva disallowed goal in the semis
>2011 Higuain disallowed goal in the semis
>>
>>76395119
the amount of goals you put past Getafe and Osasuna

and if you get lucky enough to look snazzy while doing it

this is all Missi arguments lmao
>>
>>76393949
Inzaghi doesn't sit in the box...he autistically stares the last defender to death
>>
>>76395998
you forgot the BS red against rvp in 06
>>
>>76394004
>Messi is compared to Pele, Maradona, Cruyff.
Only retards do this
>>
>>76396040
06? the one where he kicked the ball and got a red for it?

no way that was in 06 pls no
>>
>>76396136
my mistake anon, got it confused with the 06 final. it was in '11
>>
>>76395901
To be GOAT you need to surpass Pele's record of 3 World Cup trophies...there...end of discussion for the next 200 years at least
>>
>>76396040
That red was in the final against Lehmann
The goal should've stood for Barca and Lehmann shouldn't have gotten red carded.
>>
As silly as this seems, strikers are generally unappreciated because their job doesn't involve holding the ball, so attention isn't on them for too long. In fact, when inside the box, a striker should be objective, lethal, preferably in a single quick touch. Their qualities are in their movement without the ball, when they run into the box at the perfect time while losing the defenders. Messi is unreal and has amazing vision and feet, and will make passes that completely invalidate the whole defense. Ronaldo's poaching job is more discrete, but I still think it's amazing that he runs into the box completely unmarked with perfect timing to hit it in. When you're in the field, space is really hard to perceive, it's obviously not like you have an aerial view like watching tv, but it was jarring enough for me when I experienced it that I imediatelly gained respect for jobs like centreback and striker, where you have to keep track of the defensive line, space behind you/the defenders, and players around you. Not to mention all the other ball-less offensive movements that a striker or winger does, like opening craters in the defense, return pass combinations with wingers, and physical duels, which Ronaldo does aswell although not so often the first.
>>
>>76396561
>strikers are generally unappreciated
horseshit
>>
>>76393326
>but Barcelona kept winning the league
UEFAlona happens
http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/english-premier-league/pep-not-pleased-with-new-diving-ban/266927
>Pep Not Pleased With New Diving Ban
>The referees do not have to improve, it is just that the game is quicker
Now uefalona not with him, he protest
>>
he's the best right now but second best ever
>>
>>76393470
they couldnt even beat america in the wc
>>
>>76396745
Kek once a cheater always a cheater
He should be next Juventus coach he'll love it there
>>
some men are just born perfect, perfect at everything and makes anything they do look easy.

yet i have to try twice as hard and dig my nails to be even good at something but ill never be perfect or have a life like that. i just dont get it
>>
>>76396862
w-who's best ever anon?
>>
>>76396608
If you had elementary education and knew how to read youd know what I meant, their goals are celebrated but how they even find their way to score them is not appreciated as much. More often than not "tap ins" are preceded by good sense of timing and positioning. Sure looks easy to touch the ball 2 meters from the goal, lets see you be there to do it though.
>>
>hey look Ronaldo is gonna win another balloon door
>"stop judging players by individual awards"
>hey look Ronaldo won 4 champions leagues
>"stop judging players by team awards"

>hey look Ronaldo scored crucial goals vs ...
>"LMAO STATPADNALDO"
>hey look Messi is shit right now
>"NO HE'S NOT HE SCORED 1234 GOALS IN LA LIGA"
>>
Ronaldo is about equally great of a poacher as Luis Suarez, yet nobody compares Suarez to Messi. It's amazing how far good looks get you in this world.
>>
>>76397128
>"stop judging players by individual awards consistently given to the player whose team accomplishes more"
FTFY.
>>
>>76394291
Ronaldo was much better at long range for most of his career. Messi will never have the type of blooters Ronaldo had
>>
>>76393470
>he won the Euro?

If anything is an example of "the other teams lost the X" this is it.
>>
>>76397186
Suarez is better than Messi though.
>>
>>76393698
Too true
>>
File: bratyou.jpg (103KB, 923x558px) Image search: [Google]
bratyou.jpg
103KB, 923x558px
>>76397399
>>
>>76396206
Why Pele's record though? It is more Garrincha's record than Pele's
>>
File: kloppo.jpg (45KB, 641x327px) Image search: [Google]
kloppo.jpg
45KB, 641x327px
best player ever? he's not even the best player in spain
>>
>rating players you haven't seen play
>>
He's not even the most influential on his team, let alone, the league, let alone the world
>>
File: 1477254598761.jpg (171KB, 1010x778px) Image search: [Google]
1477254598761.jpg
171KB, 1010x778px
Messi has failed to to achieve anything without Iniesta. He's played with some of the all time greats. Xavi, Ronaldinho, Henry, Iniesta, Ibra, Thuram, etc. Now when they're gone he magically loses his ability to win anything more than a Copa del Rey. The guy still has Saurez and Neymar infront of him and can't manage to even surpass Ronaldo in assists. A fucking poacher according to experts on /sp/.
No excuse to not win a international trophy either. Aguero, Higuain, Dybala, Di Maria, Tevez, Mascherano, Riquelme.

Ronaldo managed to win 3 leagues, a Champions League, other national bound trophies (FA Cup, etc) and a Balon D'Or and then do it all over again at another club that was always second best to Barcelona.
Then Ronaldo manages to not choke 3 intercontinental trophy finals and get his international title with an argumentatively weaker team.
Not to mention overcome a 4-1 Balon D'Or race.
Ronaldo is better because he isn't a system baby and can actually carry his team to trophies instead of being led to by some of the best.
>>
>>76393326

If he manages to win WC, then yes.
>>
>>76397128
>he unironically takes balloons serious
>an award won by fucking Owen
I thought this Romanian autist was shitposting? Dont tell me he's actually a delusional customer
>>
>>76398703
Clearly never watched Owen in the late 90s/early 2000s then.

Not saying he was the very best in the world, but a serious contender.
>>
>>76394004
messi is shit compared to maradona or pele
>>
>Give Messi 4 ballons
>oh shit our revenue is going down, Ronaldo is losing too many league titles and being btfo in champions league
>let's give him more ballons so we get $$$$$$$$$$
>fifas face
>>
>>76398614
Will never happen and it's kind of an unfair requirement considering his team.

However the fact that Messi has won 0 international championships automatically makes Tsu better than him.
>>
>>76398943
>he was a serious contender
Lol
>>
>>76399074
Yep, clearly never watched him.

I'll wait while you wikipedia his stats and try to make a counter argument.
>>
>>76394345
>that shit doesn't exist in the WC or not yet at least.
what is
>Germany's path to the 2002 final
>italy's path to 2006 semifinals
>Uruguay's path to 2010 semifinals
>Holland's path to the 2014 semifinals

With a bit of luck, either the real tournament starts at the semifinals or you only get one tough challenge until the final. It's a matter of seizing the opportunity.
We've had "easy" paths like 2016, just like we've been put in "death" groups and managed to get out of them more than once, so Portugal doesn't have none of that shit to prove.
>>
>>76397091
Yep it's the hardest position in soccer considering you're always against two or three players
>>
>>76399275
All it really requires is good timing so you make your runs without being offside.
>>
not even as good as di stefano, zidane, and raul is more of a legend just because he's actually Spanish. Cr7 will never be goat.
>>
>>76399272
what I meant was classifying even though Portugal finished 3rd in its group, the WC system doesn't have that and hopefully it'll stay that way because it's just retarded. Once in the k'o stage I do agree that anything can happen though.
>>
>>76399415
that used to happen from '86 to '94

now prepare for even more autistic shit like 40 or 48 team world cups
>>
>>76393470
>this
no african teams, no memexico, no amerifats, no chinks
nothing but chile and colombia are worth in conmebol
>>
All I know is that /sp/ constantly posts an incredible amount of Messi video content highlighting some crazy thing he has done..../sp/ never posts anything remotely close in content or quality for Renaldo. Does that mean Messi is better? Fuck if I know. I'm a burger and I like baseball. But it does make you think?
>>
>>76393470
lol
>>
>>76399821
>le faint against L'Hospitalet defenders
vs
>40 yard weak foot blooter vs Porto, Arsenal, Athletico
>>
>>76393470
He's right you know, south american teams have been sucking lately, if the wc was in 2016 , portugal would have won it
>>
>>76400410
>40 yard weak foot blooter
Post .webm or youtube.
>>
>>76400524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8-Aj4tkElA
>>
Show me Messi scoring 1 (one) goal similar to 1 (one) of any of these.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sJKHj2YVHc
>>
>>76400524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pCaouRc0PQ
>>
>>76399046
It will never happen because he can't carry the team and therefore is not goat material.

Maradona did it.
>>
>>76400649
wtf where are the tap ins
>>
>>76400545
Not weak foot.
>>76400682
30 yards. Nice, though.
>>
>>76400752
Saving them for Osasuna
TSUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>76400789
ofc the OP was memeing putting 40 yard weak foot goals, he has 40 yards goals and weak foot worldies. but i guess you're just shitposting so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyF2FScBxQY
>>
>>76400868
love the one at 3:00 even though its inside the box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIX8FUNdGMI

left foot goals vs sweden carrying us to the world cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ejuyHtksG4

recent worldie vs sevilla... with his left foot
>>
>>76400968
another recent one vs celta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEroFV89GYY
>>
>>76400968
Based Moutinho
>>
>>76400410
>Porto, Arsenal, Athletico

Has he scored any against a good side?
>>
why the fuck doesn't Mourinho coach Portugal and use Ronaldo to win the WC?
>>
>>76401707
He can't spend 400 mil to buy pogbanoff every year
>>
>>76401707
that used to be a meme in portugal 10 years ago
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.