[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do us second NY teams get shit on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0356.png (273KB, 521x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0356.png
273KB, 521x345px
>Mests are a hot pile of garbage
>Islanders in death throes because Barclays
>Jets are fucking dead
>Nets are fucking dead

Why are we the worst teams? Did we ever fucking deserve this?
>>
Yes, yes you did. Eat shit, Jew York.
>>
>>76380541
Nets and Islanders blame ((()))
>>
>>76380569
Islanders can blame the chink who own us. Wang can't own a team at all. Lighthouse project wasn't a bad idea and it was turned down.
>>
>>76380541
knicks arent much better and the Islanders have the same amount of cups as the rangers and are like half as old
>>
>>76380593
Yeah but they moved them to pump up the arena (and surrounding real estate) '''they''' built on land they stole via imminent domain.
>>
>>76380541
>tfw mets nets jets fan
just kill me senpai
>>
File: IMG_6835.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6835.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>76380655
Barclays is utter garbage anyway. It's cramped, small, the employees are mostly blacks that don't give a Shit about the islanders, and the arena is usually empty. The only thing good is that the subway is fast.

This was against the fucking Hawks. Arena was filled with them
>>
>>76380541
I don't understand why there are more than one team per metro area. Why would someone choose to be a fan of one team but not the other? Do you all just cheer for both teams? What do you do when they play each other? I never understood this.
>>
>>76380541

>Why are we the worst teams? Did we ever fucking deserve this?

Yes. When you voted for Hillary Clinton in 2001 and gave her a Senator position.
>>
>>76380748
I don't understand how your nation only has one baseball and basketball team and you all have to root for them.

It's probably because of buisness. Islanders were a team just because of the WHA, Mets were made in the losses of the dodgers and Giants, jets were an AFL team, and nets are a jersey team that had nobody going to jersey
>>
>>76380655
Yep. Snd then the Nets tried to meme their way into an instant fan base with the KG/Pierce deal which might be the worst trade of all time.

baka
>>
>>76380747
Tickets are fixed too.

$70 for a March Nets game that is 3/4 empty on '''stubhub'''?

fuck outta here. should be $5.

NBA is a crooked league.
>>
>>76380748
how does one pick between the Yankees or Mets?
>>
>>76380748
Really?

not all metro areas are remotely the same size.
>>
>>76380791
Nosebleeds too might I add.
>>
>>76380764
I didn't vote for him faggot
>>
>>76380748
Well the why is my is effectively the largest metro area in the world other than Tokyo. You can fill up 2 80k stadiums when you have a population like MY to draw from.

As to who you root and dont root for? I don't know I wonder about that too.
>>
>>76380799
Lots of things. Not black and white.

But typically, Queens and LI = Mets

Bronx, SI, Westchester, Southern CT = Yanks

Manhattan, Brooklyn and Jersey go both ways.
>>
>>76380799
You pick them based on either your family or which type of pain you like more. Yankees is more of a issue with you being in the Bronx or a pretentious snob, or you choose the Mets because you want life to be even shittier
>>
>>76380768
Doesn't answer anything. The Jets and Giants play in the same fucking stadium. Why would anyone choose to be a fan of the team that loses all the time? Is it just muh traditions?
>>
>>76380791
Yeah, and islanders aren't helping your Russian "friend" to get a profit because some dimwit didn't think a hockey team would play at the barclays
>>
>>76380847
Probably. People like the jets just because they aren't the Giants, but we do have some great fans. Giants, however, are pretty boring fans >>76380847
>>
>>76380847
giants have had long stretches of ineptitude, not as much as the jets, but the giants were the worst team in the league when Joe Namath played, who was arguably the most popular Football Athlete of the late 60's and early 70's. Thats why the Jets became so popular.
>>
>>76380902
>Yfw nobody on this board ever saw the jets in a Super Bowl
>>
>>76380847
Don't be daft

Family traditions mostly
>>
>>76380623
Islanders may have the same amount of cups as the rags, but we won them in a faster span then the rags.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.