[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to fix or at least improve it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

File: i.png (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
i.png
16KB, 500x500px
How to fix or at least improve it?
>>
>>76347109
Contract ten teams.
>>
>>76347109
Disband the league or call it for what it is, /asp/ tier WWE-esque """"""sports""""""""" entertainment.
>>
>>76347109
Send it to Israel where it belongs.
>>
Make an African league and send all the niggers there to be with their own kind
>>
>>76347109

It's perfect right now for people like me in the Bay Area.
>>
Make it more autistic than baseball in some way.
>>
>>76347129
This, but maybe more.
>>
>>76347129
I like this. NBA would be great with like 15-20 teams.
>>
>>76347109
Just allow teams to play defense. Attack and Defense in team sports are constantly evolving by trying to outdo each other, if you can't defend it just becomes a contest of who can do the exact same things with more accuracy.
250 points in a playoff game is pathetic for the league, honestly.
>>
regular season 40 games

playoff 2 games, home and away with aggregate score

grand final in neutral venue
>>
>>76347275
Didn't they already try aggregate score in Europe (I think Italy?) and it didn't work?
>>
lower salary cap ceiling

consolidate the shit franchises

move the raptors to america and kick canada out of the league
>>
>>76347246
>250 points in a playoff game is pathetic for the league, honestly.
Why? Know nothing bout basketball.
>>
also condense the playoffs

round 1 best of 3

round 2 best of 5

round 3 and finals best of 7

no timeouts under 2:00 left in a half
>>
It is unfixable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rpHaaVZx3E
>>
what's wrong with it? im curious and don't follow basketball
>>
>>76347210
>>76347214
How's this alignment

East Division
Boston Celtics
Miami Heat
New York Knicks
Philadelphia 76ers
Toronto Raptors

Central Division
Chicago Bulls
Cleveland Cavaliers
Dallas Mavericks
Houston Rockets
Minnesota Timberwolves

West Division
Golden State Warriors
Los Angeles Lakers
Oklahoma City Thunder
Portland Trail Blazers
San Antonio Spurs
>>
Contract to 12 teams at most

Remove the 3pt line

Fire all the corrupt refs and stop having kike commissioners
>>
don't worry OP, games 4-7 will be fixed and we'll have the wonderful 0-3 comeback story.
>>
>>76347372
With 3 divisions, do you just take the 8 best teams in the playoffs? Each team plays each other 2 or 3 times for regular season?

I don't have a problem with the teams, but I do feel sorry for Milwaukee for some reason.
>>
>>76347343
Worst of the 4 major sport leagues in America. 0 parity, too many garbage teams that shouldn't exist, every team runs the same offense, the referees are the worst of all and games have literally been rigged by the league.

The games are rarely ever fun or engaging to watch. The product sucks and the players suck
>>
>>76347343
The best team from last year signed one of the 3 best players in the offseason. Unlike soccer or some other team games, basketball only has 5 players on the court at a time, so the best players have a huge impact on the game. Basically, the championship winner is now a forgone conclusion.

There is a bunch of other relatively minor stuff, but the above is what has put the league over the edge.
>>
>>76347414
Highest record gets to play in the championship. The winners of the other 2 conferences play in a best of 5 series to get to the Finals, which is a 7 game series.

I picked Minnesota over Milwaukee because I remember the 90s Wolves games being very vocal and you need a true Midwestern market there.
>>
>>76347448
2000s not 90s my bad. When the team was good. Wolves had some of the best in arena experiences. I went to the Western Conference Finals one year. It's something else when the team's good.
>>
>>76347443
It's also a total anomaly made possible by both clever and lucky contract structures and lengths for the Warriors' roster.
>>
>>76347191
Ya I don't see the problem. Make a high percentage of your shots and play good defense - holy shit!
>>
no more refs
>>
>>76347109
raise cap
eliminate max contract
>>
>>76347109
also, pro/rel
>>
>>76347512
Dumb.
>>
>>76347372
Here's another alignment to consider.

East Division
Boston Celtics
Cleveland Cavaliers
Miami Heat
New York Knicks
Philadelphia 76ers
Toronto Raptors

West Division
Chicago Bulls
Golden State Warriors
Houston Rockets
Los Angeles Lakers
Portland Trail Blazers
San Antonio Spurs

In this playoff scenario, top 2 teams play a 5 game series and the NBA Finals is a 7 game series between the winner of that 5 game series.
>>
>>76347385
T H I S

best post
>>
shoot all niggers
>>
>>76347214
>>76347210
>>76347129
Teams you can easily contract from the NBA and no one will care:

Suns
Nuggets
Bucks
Wolves
Grizzlies
Hornets
Pelicans
Nets
Wizards
Hawks
Kings
Magic

That's 12 teams minimum
>>
>>76347458
It's your list, and it's meaningless, but I'm not sold on this Minnesota over Milwaukee. Seems like the ownership group in Minnesota sucks. They never built a true team around KG. Milwaukee is cheap, but I'd bet you they have more winning seasons. Plus, they are a more natural foe to both Chicago and Cleveland.
>>
>>76347519
excellent contribution
>>
>>76347343
If you watch povertyball it's la liga competive-wise and that doesn't sit well with americans
>>
>>76347109
theres a handful of things that can help fix it. like someone already said getting rid of some teams ( i think gettting rid of like 10 teams would instantly make the league more competitive)

also changing the playoff format, no reason for 8 teams to make the playoffs maybe 6 or 4 teams and also combine the teams in the playoffs no more east vs west

another thing can be to take away the divisions and just have each team play each other the same number of times like they do in european football (it would work even better with less teams)
>>
>>76347546
Suns, and as covered above, Milwaukee, I disagree with.

Atlanta should be a team people care about, but something about that town just breeds losers and chokers.
>>
>>76347560
Said the illiterate chimp who has a subzero understanding of basic business principles.
>>
>>76347275
and then afterward the players can all go slurp semen together
>>
>>76347582
i'm an equity research analyst and freelance startup consultant, my stupid friend.
>>
>>76347109
No max contracts. Kinda baffles me elite players don't bitch about this.
>>
>>76347546
Let's see what I can work with this.

East Division
Boston Celtics
Cleveland Cavaliers
Miami Heat
New York Knicks
Philadelphia 76ers
Toronto Raptors

Central Division
Chicago Bulls
Dallas Mavericks
Detroit Pistons
Houston Rockets
Indiana Pacers
Oklahoma City Thunder

West Division
Golden State Warriors
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers
Portland Trail Blazers
San Antonio Spurs
Utah Jazz

2 highest ranked teams get 1st round bye, next 4 highest play each other and geographic location is taken in effect towards the playoff seeding.
>>
>>76347604
it is weird, but I suppose they make most of their money outside the league anyway. perhaps better not to piss off their colleagues.
>>
>>76347602
A quite unconvincing lie. You made a suggestion that has no organizational or economic basis in reality.
>>
>>76347482
It is a function of Warriors having 0 bad contracts, Curry injury making him underpriced when he signed his contract, and the cap rising before contracts are up.
>>
Contract to 24 teams, reduce the season in half, only 8 teams in playoffs, everything best of 5, no max contracts.

Dummies don't understand the weight of each game would be a lot more important throughout. I hate the knee jerk reaction that cutting games and teams will hurt revenue. By that logic the NFL should be a meme league.
>>
>>76347624
i don't need to convince you.

But I'm interested why you think a 4chan thread is going to produce realistic and financially feasible way to "fix" a massively profitable league. why aren't you similar faggy about all these calls for radical contraction? My suggestion was purely from an entertainment standpoint. stop posting, you aren't as smart or authoritative as you think you are.
>>
>>76347625
Exactly. Lucky and smart.
>>
>>76347641
> stop posting, you aren't as smart or authoritative as you think you are.
Take some of your own advice you insufferable twat.
>>
>>76347482
Yeah people fail to realize there isn't much you could do to prevent golden state from turning out like this. I mean they got Draymond green deep in the 2nd round. They still pay less for their roster than teams like Orlando.
>>
>>76347546
On a real note, there would be some deathblow lawsuits to the NBA if that ever happened
>>
>>76347512
Developing the D-League further is a much better way to go.
>>
>>76347641
Who called in the fun police?
>>
File: 28point5.jpg (73KB, 710x781px) Image search: [Google]
28point5.jpg
73KB, 710x781px
>>76347654
more valuable contributions
>>
>>76347512
dumb
>>
>>76347680
what do you mean "develop"
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.